The iPhone X proves the Unabomber was right

chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chapman/ct-perspec-iphone-x-unabomber-technology-20170913-story.html

I'm glad more and more people are waking up to the fact that Ted Kaczynski was right about everything.

Other urls found in this thread:

chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chapman/ct-perspec-iphone-x-unabomber-technology-20170913-story.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque
3-3-3.org/docs/Kaczynski's comments on McVeigh.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wtf i hate the internet now

Quick explanation on the association with this person and the thread subject?

you... don't know who he is or what he did?

Uncle Ted is based af

He's an anarcho-capitalist. Of course is clueless about the world around him when it doesn't pertain to him directly.

I know both but I want an explanation on how what he says relates to the kikephone specifically, which is the thread subject you see?

If I had road I would go into your house and kill you for trespassing

Read the manifesto you progressive retard

You mean like how it explains it in the article OP posted?

ted said the industrial revolution has been bad
every new technology forces changes into a society when it is inevitably mass adopted
the iphone x is an example of this, phones used to be at home but now people expect you to have yours with you at all times

Why didn't we listen?

>chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chapman/ct-perspec-iphone-x-unabomber-technology-20170913-story.
It says article doesn't exist

>he uses the internet to spread a philosophy based on hating technology to people he wouldn't have communicated with were it not for the internet
is there anything more insufferable than this particular form of hypocrisy?

I thought Kaczynski had some interesting ideas at one point but then I turned 17 and grew out of it.

Huh? I'm reading it right now. Your quote is missing the .html Did that get truncated for you somehow?

Logical fallacy.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque

Nobody gives a fuck you fedora.

Nobody respects this shit because none of you live it. You sit in your bedrooms sheltered from the world parroting Kaczynski about the eviiiils of technology. Practice what you preach.

Ted ain't spreading shit, leaf. Other people spread teds shit on the interwebz.

I was referring to OP

>muh unabomber was right as he types on a keyboard and uses an Chinese cartoon imageboard as an autistic substitute for social interaction

Me being hypocrite doesn't disprove anything that Ted said you brainlet, so if you can explain to me where Ted was wrong then maybe I'll take you seriously. And mind you if there was a way to escape the internet and technology I would but I can't. I've become completely dependent on it like everybody else.

based and always ~r i g h t~

typical pole

My work bought me an iPhone
I use it daily to take pictures of parts tags paperwork facilities to upload to my laptop and put into emails

The god is really good

The voice question robot lady is great for making measurement conversions

Texting is fast and easy

I add apointments and use it for notes

Shit is cash

>the internet and technology I would but I can't.
Hahaahahahahahahah Nigga Literally Walk Away From The Keyboard Like Go Outside Nigga

>Ted Kaczynski

wasn't that guy a'n anarcho primitavist?

But how does me being a hypocrite because I'm a slave to technology (something Ted predicted) prove Ted wrong?

Nigga my whole life including my job depends on it. How can I escape it? I can't. And that's the point you brainlet.

I literally can't even let go of my phone right now it's terrifying how much power it has over me :'(((((((

Article doesn't explain anything, it's just some low iq journalist feeling the squeeze.

I can get off but it won't be long before I have to use it again since I'm dependent on it for my school, my job and everything else. It's that dependency that's the problem.

Think of how stupid you are to be discussing Kaczynski's ideas using a technological medium about the evils of technology, with complete strangers mind you. You obviously don't take Ted's ideas seriously enough to abstain from using technology entirely, so you're in this weird little stasis where you're defending an idea fervently but only in words and not in actions. It's really pathetic and transparent and it's quite rightfully why I called you a fucking faggot.

In Kacyznski's ideal world, your only social interaction would be with your kin and maybe a tribe the size of ~150, most of whom would be complete fucking normies who won't understand your autistic ramblings.

The only people who take this shit seriously are teenaged edgelords

This
I have no idea how the article has anything to do with the iPhone X, aside from it being a smartphone that was just released

Go live in a cabin like Ted you fucking coward.

>muh job
After all, if you actually took his ideas seriously you would realize this is a surrogate activity.

Do you think you'd be more efficient without a phone? Sounds like a quality tool to me. Inb4 swiss army knives are evil

>You obviously don't take Ted's ideas seriously enough to abstain from using technology entirely
I don't think you understand Ted's ideas
His idea is literally that we are dependant on society and there is no way from abstaining from using technology
You have to live on land you own, otherwise you will get kicked out. And to own land, you must pay taxes. To pay taxes, you must have a job.

Because if you actually believed in his schizo ideas you would be making an attempt to return to something closer resembling your natural state rather than shitposting about a criminal wackjob loser from 30 years ago with people you don't know.

You're not making any such attempt so it's obvious that you only adopt the ideas for the sake of edginess more than anything

>To pay taxes, you must have a job.
Nope, that's a surrogate activity.

>there is no way from abstaining from using technology
uh huh, that's why he moved to a cabin without electricity, because abstaining from some forms of technology is impossible right?

>if you want to spread communism you should only share your ideas with other communists

Wouldn't Ted call snarky greentext nitpicking a "surrogate activity"?

You're not a very faithful adherent to his ideas.

I take his ideas seriously I just think it's too late and impossible to go back. So while I agree with his analysis I just don't feel we can reverse things so we're stuck with this system and it's only going to get worse in terms of the destruction of our freedom and humanity. I mean for fuck sake we just had a thread on sex robots. If you don't fear the direction that technology is taking then I don't see how you can call yourself a right wing individual who values traditional values and a traditional lifestyle but then again as a lead you're most likely a braindead progressive anyway.

Can't refute that using the most complex technological creation (the internet) to spread the idea that technology is evil is fundamentally retarded.

The industrial revolution is a lie.

Lmao look at his braindead progressive retard sperging away like this. Embarrassing.

It's still not hypocrisy. He's using the most efficient medium to spread the word. Now, go take some buckshot aspirin you obstinate child.

Fuck (((Apple)))

Neil Postman was raising similar points.
He had three questions he asked when approached with a new technology:
1) What problem does this technology solve?
2) Who's problem is it really?
3) If it does solve a legitimate problem, what other problem's will be cause by mass adoption of this technology?

>I just think it's too late and impossible to go back
read: too much of a pussy to go live inna woods

Ted would send you a snarky bomb if he could so its probably an approved activity.

>uh huh, that's why he moved to a cabin without electricity, because abstaining from some forms of technology is impossible right?
because he was able to do it
not everyone is able to do it

If you were born and raised in New York, how would you abstain from technology? If you were born and raised in London, how would you abstain from technology? Once you are within the system, it's practically impossible for most people to get out of it. And if you are out of the system, the system will pull you back in. See: US history

I'm not a progressive retard. Anarcho-primitivism is a retarded ideology on its face.

forgot my hat

>If you were born and raised in New York, how would you abstain from technology?
Go move to the woods and live in them you fucking pussy.

>you fucking pussy.

t. braindead anarcho-prim

This is you, cunt.

You can't escape civilization even Ted realized and that was in the fucking 90s. And even if you're lucky for a couple of years sooner or later civilization will come and destroy your home. What part of this don't you understand? I'm not an anarcho-primitivst or whatever fuck label you call me because I don't believe in solutions to this problem. We're just going to have to wait for the inevitable collapse of the system and start from scratch if any humans manage to survive it.

did you just assume my ideology?

>Go move to the woods and live in them you fucking pussy
>What is: Ruby Ridge
>What is: Waco
>What is: Native Americans getting conquered by Europeans

Kek, this madman is still alive.

I wonder if he still holds the same views. Someone should interview him.

Lmao how old are you? Can't be older than 18 thats for sure. This is embarrassing.

Tfw the person you're arguing against is literally more retarded and brain damaged than a terrorist despised by nearly all Americans.

No!
The plastic in fishes and global warming proves it.
Anglo-capitalists ruined everything.

He did a Profile on Timmothy McVeigh

3-3-3.org/docs/Kaczynski's comments on McVeigh.htm

>We're just going to have to wait for the inevitable collapse of the system and start from scratch if any humans manage to survive it.
Yeah, this is how I know anarcho-prim and unabomber-worship is an ideology for losers because even though you admittedly have no survival/outdoorsman skills you think you will survive a hypothetical collapse of society and be there to rebuild it.

just an idle, masturbatory fantasy ideology from misanthropic losers on Sup Forums jerking it to some guy who went crazy from his academia job and killed some people.

Holy shit. Uncle Ted proven right once again.

>the article
pic =perfect solution

>idolizes the unabomber (so edgy dude)
>accuses anyone else of being underage

you're trying to make a leftist, leaf-type no less, understand that the gov't intrudes on people's livelihood. They mentally are not capable of comprehending freedom and natural rights. As long as they have coffee, iphones, and gay pride parades, they're satisfied.

Youre a fat faggot

Not an argument.

But I never claimed that I would survive, I doubt very few would even survive given that we have the power to start a nuclear war which would most likely end in our extinction. And I do have basic skills and am a prepper but I don't see how going innawoods would change anything as the system is much bigger than me and will eventually consume me. Like I said, I don't see solutions to this problem, it's not being defeatist but realistic.

The rest of your post(s) reeks of projection and insecurity.

Not a leftist, just not an edgy teen who takes the ramblings of a guy locked up in ADX florence seriously.

Lol just because I think he was right about most things doesn't mean I idolize him. Do you idolize everyone you agree with? Of course not. And if you can't separate Ted's terrorist actions (which I disagree with) with his ideas then you're a brainlet.

Ted has criticized anarcho primitivism idiot

You heavily implied that you would be there to survive the collapse of society and that it would be a "we" decision.

You wouldn't survive, mostly because you admitted to being a slave to technology. You probably don't even hunt.

Interesting read.

THIS.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME PLEASE! WHAT ARE HIS IDEAS?? WHY DID HE DO IT ?
and who the fuck is jewphone X and what does it do?

But Ted even in his old age is a hundred times smarter, wiser and more accomplished than you. Also in all your spergy outrage you've yet to refute anything that Ted has said. So tell me which part of his manifesto do you disagree with and can refute?

did you not see anything of what he typed? Waco, ruby ridge, none of those mean anything to you?
It's impossible to retreat from the government. Even if you just live off on your own, they will force you to capitulate.
With the existence of the internet, the government can now monitor you all the time, and they're not afraid to abuse that power.

What if someone on the CIA decides to plant cp into your computer? Then, at 2AM, a SWAT team bursts in, finds the 'evidence', and takes you away?
Everyone else will condemn you for being a pedophile. You have no hope, and no chance.

I think something about non-americans makes them unable to comprehend that rights are inherent. Your country has a substitute drama teacher for a president, who promised to legalize weed, but instead legalized fucking your pets.

We as in humanity you sperg

ITT: user claims that crack is NOT in fact wack, citing the fact that crack heads just can't put down that pipe as supporting evidence.

>And if you can't separate Ted's terrorist actions (which I disagree with) with his ideas then you're a brainlet.
And you pick and choose which of his ideas to espouse and preach but when someone calls you out on not putting those ideas into actual practice you fall back to that comfortable canard of "me? im just like a leftist, i'm a slave to technology and i cant escape it hyuk hyuk"

Pretty cowardly if you ask me. Actually, I'm sure Ted would describe your intellectually vacuous masturbatory defense of his ideas a surrogate activity, considering it appears as if you have 0 skin in the game.

I read the article.
DETAILS! PLEASE.
I am asking for an autist friend.

Also everyone is a slave to technology because our whole system depends on it you retard. It's inescapable and that's the point.

>the ramblings
Your obvious bias is showing.
A person can have both good ideas and bad ideas. Nikola Telsa thought the brain stored memories just like a film. We don't throw out all of his ideas just because he had a few wrong ones.

>muh Nikola Telsa
Post discarded, ID filtered. Back to r*ddit faggot.

No you idiot he's an anarcho-primitivist. Capitalism implies that he believes in currency being traded to increase technology.

But nigga I just stated that i disagree with his solutions to the problem so why would I go innawoods? Also you've been basically repeating the Tu quoque fallacy throughout this thread like a retard and you expect us to take you seriously.

I'm currently reading it and a lot of the things I thought for so long, but couldn't put into words was fully explained in it, perfectly. He was exactly right about technology and dependency.

Mate, I just picked a random genius.
>[Insert any genius here] occasionally rambled about weird things that aren't true. [Insert any genius here] therefore is a retard and shouldn't be taken seriously.
I believe that's an ad-hominem

>It's inescapable and that's the point.
Yet if you believe technology is so evil and corrupting, why are you spending your free time using it? Surely you can limit your technology to only what's absolutely necessary rather than shitpost on Sup Forums constantly, no? I mean, if someone is corrupting you would want to limit your usage of it, right? The fact that you are here, in your free time, using technology to argue with me, tells me you don't really take his ideology seriously and it's just edge.

>The media portray the killing at Oklahoma City as a ghastly atrocity, but I remember how they cheered the U.S. action in the Gulf War just as they might have cheered for their favorite football team. The whole thing was treated as if it were a big game. I didn't see any sob stories about the death agonies of Iraqi soldiers or about their grieving families. It's easy to see the reason for the difference: America's little wars are designed to promote the interests of "the system," but violence at home is dangerous to the system, so the system's propaganda has to teach us the correspondingly correct attitudes toward such events. Yet I am much less repelled by powerless dissidents who kill a couple hundred because they think they have no other way to effectively state their protest, than I am by politicians and generals---people in positions of great power---who kill hundreds or thousands for the sake of cold calculated political and economic advantages.

Based Ted

Exactly, technology forces society to change. And eventually it may reach a point where the stresses become too much and it breaks down. Or we will be forced or engineered to adapt to it, such as pills for depression or other mental illness's brought on by technology and over crowding of humans.

Overcrowding is needed for the technological system to function. Large scale technology that is.

It's not tu quoqe because the very act of you shitposting right now reveals that you're disingenuous about his ideas and probably just posturing with them for edge points.

I'm at work actually and my job requires using the internet. You've been basically saying the same thing for an hour. Hurr Durr you're a hypocrite!1!1!1!1. Lmao @ your pathetic life you brainlet.

^this

>browsing Sup Forums at work
uh huh, totally not degenerate

But I just said that his actions were wrong so how am I edgy? None of his actual ideas are edgy.

Anarcho-primitivism is definitely fucking edgy.

what a shit fucking article

he did not even link any of teds writing specifically to the iphone at all - you could copy paste this exact review for like any product and it would be exactly the same

its like he wrote "make article about ted" on his calendar two years in advance and the iphonex is what happens to coincide with that date