Hillary calls to abolish the electoral college

RIP anyone thinking about voting outside California.

msn.com/en-us/news/politics/hillary-clinton-time-to-abolish-the-electoral-college/ar-AArTLti

Other urls found in this thread:

msn.com/en-us/news/politics/hillary-clinton-time-to-abolish-the-electoral-college/ar-AArTLti
archive.fo/pguZa
archive.is/pguZa
census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2015/cb15-33.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

of course she does

His name was Seth Rich Hill....

why am i not surprised.

learn to archive faggot

Yeah, screw that. Why should the majority get any say?

democracy fags are the worst

Oh no she wants democracy?

>Democrats
>Ignoring the underpinnings of our democracy
Tell me something I didn't know

Gee Hillary you missed it by that much...

That's gotta Bern.

>RIP anyone thinking about voting outside California.

Huh?

Without the electoral college, it won't matter what state you're voting in.

Hi Brainlet

Nah, she wants mob rule
Democracy takes the wants and needs of everyone into account, no matter their population density

>Hillary calls to abolish the electoral college

Finally something she can agree on with Trump :^)

>msn.com/en-us/news/politics/hillary-clinton-time-to-abolish-the-electoral-college/ar-AArTLti

the dumb witch just said that USA (all of its 50 states) are "like france". i'm pretty sure she's this much retarded.

Almost a year later and I am still soooo happy she lost. It just brings me a bunch of pleasure, just like on election night. The gift that keeps on giving.

Is this the saltiest person in Human History?

Maybe you would like to put some ice on that Bern.

>RIP anyone thinking about voting outside California.
On a serious note, wouldn't such a measure (which i'm not a fan of) dramatically increase voter turnout in every state, at least for several first elections?

>It won't matter what state you're voting in
Unless your not on either coast, in which case the human sardine tins we call coastal cities will dictate everything
But yeah, rural and suburban retards don't deserve representation

I'm still rock hard

>land should matter more than people

She can call for anything she wants but won't get it. Eliminating the electoral college would require either a constitutional amendment or the "National Popular Vote" pledge to become law in enough states to equal 270 electoral votes. Neither will happen because it requires the cooperation of states that don't want to lose their current power in elections.

I swear she looks kinda. Rosseyed inthis pic.

Which nostril is the breathing out of?

>msn.com/en-us/news/politics/hillary-clinton-time-to-abolish-the-electoral-college/ar-AArTLti

nigger
archive.fo/pguZa

>How to actually start Civil War II: Electric Boogaloo

Of course it will you idiot.

Any future President elect would pander to california. The needs of the rest of the nation would be ignored.

War in 5 days after implementation of such system. The country would cease to be.

WHEREFORE ART THOU FORSAKEN US NORWAY?
archive.is/pguZa

That's un-Constitutional.... Nothing new for these people.

Not a popular opinion here, but maybe California would actually get the attention it deserves in elections, being the nations most populous state by far

>State governments don't exist
The federal government presides over a whole lotta land
Wyoming is quite different from Oregon or Arizona

Electing a President on the backs of coastal cucks is a terrible way of representing the needs of the entire country

Relevant section from her new book:

>I blamed myself. My worst fears about my limitations as a candidate had come true. I had tried to learn the lessons of 2008, and in many ways ran a better, smarter campaign this time. But I had been unable to connect with the deep anger so many Americans felt or shake the perception that I was the candidate of the status quo. And look what they’d thrown at me. I wasn’t just running against Donald Trump. I was up against the Russian intelligence apparatus, a misguided FBI director, and now the godforsaken Electoral College.
>Yes, we knew the rules going in. We knew the states we had to win. Yet, it was infuriating that for the second time in five elections, a Democrat would win more votes but be robbed by this archaic fluke of our constitutional system.
>I’d been saying since 2000 that the Electoral College gave disproportionate power to less populated states and therefore was profoundly undemocratic. It made a mockery of the principle of “One person, one vote.” In a cruel twist of fate, the Founders had also created it as a bulwark against foreign interference in our democracy—Alexander Hamilton cited protecting against foreign influence as a justification for the Electoral College in Federalist Paper No. 68 - and now it was handing victory to Vladimir Putin’s preferred candidate.

In short, Hillary truly believes she was up against the system.

Fuck that, burgers are too stupid to choose their own government.

Cali representatives have a lot more pull in negotiating with the federal government
They also have better representation in the federal government at large

The Presidency is a different affair and should not be determined by mob rule

It's undemocratic. If GOP wants to win they'll just have to step up their game. It's not like it's gonna be impossible for republicans to win and the electoral collage is undemocratic.

No, because nobody outside of California and New York would bother to vote because their votes would mean diddly squat.

>fluoride is the main ingredient in prozac
That's wrong tho. Hydrogen is.

Cali also has the same number of Senators as Wyoming

White self haters are some of the most short sighted people on the planet. Every single decision they make is focused on how much they can hurt whitey.

The Electoral College was added to give small state a reason to cooperate with the national government. If it gets taken away they know that voting ("playing fair" that is,) is useless and they begin to take steps to screw up trade and travel with the larger states who push them around. This can lead to civil war and MILITANT FOREIGN INTERFERENCE in government.

Liberal dick suckers in California want to kill the white males in the Mid West for not being queer enough? While their faggot army charges into the heartland to do exactly that, China equips the Asians in Cali with hover bombs and turns the Jew Ivory Tower Spaces into rubble spaces.

Then they kill off all the queers and laugh at the self hating white people who can only destroy straight white people.

If you live in a solid red state (or solid blue state), your vote means nothing today, in case you didnt realize

Because the majority is dumb and don't know what is beneficial to society

Will only work with voter ID.

Why have elections at all then?

Perhaps only folks with over $25 million in liquid assets should be allowed to vote...

True, I didn't say the current system is perfect, but scrapping it all together would be catastrophic.

>Perhaps only men with no criminal record and a steady job should be allowed to vote...
FTFY

this is just embarassing

>I’d been saying since 2000 that the Electoral College gave disproportionate power to less populated states and therefore was profoundly undemocratic.
Yes, why should states other than California and New York have any kind of say in who runs the fucking country? How dare we give those deplorable backwoods savages a voice!

>their votes would mean diddly squat
Factually incorrect. Without college national popular vote result is what matters. So you have to show up at booth to support your candidate no matter where you live. Do so and add "1" to that multi-million count of votes of entire US population. No more silent groups living in politically opposite states.

On the other hand tho, i just checked and last election turnout was 60-70%, which is pretty high. So i'll assume that maybe this silent third of population just doesn't support any major party or at least party' current nominees.

We're not a pure democracy, are you dumb?

trump's such a fucking cucked loser right now that he'd probably beg the democrats to abolish it. how hard is it to become a russian citizen? i want out of here.

Since Lot's wife, yes.

This argument holds no water. If its one person, one vote, everyone's vote counts the same, whether you live in Cali, Arkansas or Delaware.

With 47% of Americans not paying taxes on net?? Oh gee, I don't know!

>things that will never happen in your lifetime
The other 49 states would be reduced to the position of servants.
They will never sign off on it willingly.
Marxist revolution and totalitarian government are more likely than the elimination of the electoral college.

Has there ever been such a sore losers Hillary before?

>no criminal record and a steady job
So, mexican bus drivers and burger flippers... i mean thos with no criminal record ofc

Its almost as if sales tax, property taxes (paid by renters via rent), payroll taxes, gasoline taxes etc etc dont exist

I know but you should. Especially when you nag about how free you are all the time and call yourself the greatest nation on earth

Jesus Christ can this cunt just shut the fuck up and go away? She FAILED at becoming President TWICE. Once against a nigger with the middle name Hussein and once against a political neophyte, billionaire and a reality TV star. Learn to take a hint and fucking retire.

Why should someone who lives in bum fuck nowhere on some farm have the voting power of 10 people who live in an large urban center? Do you see how backwards this is?

Reds forcus on cali, cali becomes mercilessly red

it already has the most electoral votes by a long shot, how much does it need to drown out the entire Midwest before it's considered fair

Maybe now my vote for Trump would have mattered

We're great because we're structured to respond to the needs of everybody, from New York to Missouri, Cali to Texas
A pure democracy would be shit for accomplishing that

According to the US Census Bureau, about 63% live in cities, that's only 3% of the land mass. In a popular voting system, politicians would pander to urban needs and pay no heed to the rest of the country. It would be a textbook Ochlocracy.

She should have done that when Obama won with it.

If the electoral votes were actually proportional to populations, I'd be happy enough

She would.

Forgot link for sauce
census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2015/cb15-33.html

Because it's the United States of America not the United States of California and New York.

The electoral college is there to balance out votes. It's to give people in low populated areas as much of a saying as people in highly populated areas. This is to keep politicians from ignoring majority of the countries problems.

hahahahaha that lying witch was the system right up until the very last moment

>In a popular voting system, politicians would pander to urban needs and pay no heed to the rest of the country. It would be a textbook Ochlocracy.
It's not like they already doing it this way, but i see your point

>How does the goose of Representatives work?
California already had much more influence in the federal government than most states, to reflect it's higher population.

USA is a union of states and a representative republic. If the bread basket states aren't properly represented, they have no reason to remain a part of the republic, and essential cede all their decision making to a few populus coastal states.

Removing the electoral college is the fastest path to the breakdown of the united states' government.

Because the people in the coastal cuck containers can't sympathize with the need of a rural farming community
They would be unaware or ignorant of rural life and nobody in the government would be able to advocate for them

Well, shit. If they do that what's the point of anything anymore? It'll be the United States of New York City and Los Angeles.

Fuck the rest of us.

Better yet, if the electoral votes were determined by economic output, I'd be even happier

Not sure why you only think small time workers would be the only ones, considering nobody can hold down those types of jobs for more than a couple months, and I wouldn't call that steady. I also should've added those who served/are serving with the military.

Because you'll have a majority in a certain state with certain values which will have the upper hand. In a smaller country like the Netherlands that makes some sense, but in a huge nation like the U.S. it will be disastrous, as many states will get the short straw simply for having smaller populations, and their policies will be greatly influenced by a majority population elsewhere who are out of touch with their needs.

Can any Ameribro's confirm this or am I being an idiot with this little analysis?

The reason California is shit is because they vote for liberal fucktards like Obama that say they will help them but don't. This is literally every major city in the US. They vote for democrats that don't help them but claim in their campaigns that they will. At least Trump also said he wants to help fix the inner cities.

Sure, if weighted by individual economic output, rather than at the state or district level
Otherwise, we're just recreating the "problem" of the electoral college

If I read the Constitution correctly, citizens don't have the right to vote for president so the popular vote is unconstitutional.

Seems to me that blue states and cities thrived under Obama and red states and rural areas did not. Thats why the nation elected Trump. Well that and the electoral college system

lmao i'm not surprised at all. replacing it with a direct vote would change nothing. instead of focusing on smaller states you would focus on bigger states and ignore the smaller states. a complete reversal than what we have now. that's it. the only reason why you WOULD WANT to switch is because of the fact she lost. but the overall outcome would be the same. you would still focus on a few states and ignore others. that changes nothing. nothing at all.
dear sweet jebus this women is the very definition of a:
>women scorned
blaming everyone else except herself. maybe SHE WENT BACK AND CAMPAIGNED IN STATES LIKE WI she would have won. instead she went to them ONCE during the democrat primary. that was it. her own ARROGANCE lost her the election.
and anyways. the popular vote still wouldn't have mattered even if she won because she had RECORD LOW VOTER TURNOUT in states like michigan, wisconsin, and pennsylvania. trump in all three states received LESS VOTES THAN ROMNEY DID IN 2012. he even received less votes than BUSH in 2000 and 2004. he received around the same as mccain in 2008. the only way he won was because PEOPLE DIDN'T GO OUT AND VOTE FOR HILLARY. they didn't even vote that year or voted third party. all the popular vote would have meant that PEOPLE IN CALIFORNIA REALLY LIKED HER. that was it. and thats the problem because it solves nothing of the woes of the electoral college. it has all the problems of the electoral college just its the opposite. big states matter more than smaller states instead of the opposite.
she won so big in cali you could take 4 million votes away from her. just delete them as if they were never cast at all. she would have still won cali but LOST THE NATIONAL popular vote.

hilary is an idiot

no worries, its why she wasnt elected

she also doesnt understand the book 1984

Im sure that Hilary will go down when DWS goes

>I lost because of the rules, CHANGE THE RULES!!!!

What a fucking child...

You fucking ignoramus. I'm Canadian and even I know the US is not a democracy but a Constitutional Republic. Learn your own history and its importance you fucking dipshit.

>blue states and cities thrived under Obama
how exactly?
Voting isn't a birth-given right. It can be taken away.

Not only were rural and suburban communities ignored by Obama, they were openly mocked
You don't need a "magic wand" to fix these communities, you just have to give half a shit about them

Democrats cannot do this, thus they lost big

Sup Forums will conveniently ignore this.

Well, I live in Philadelphia and its a whole shit load nicer now than it was 8 years ago. Shit tons of new buildings, new businesses, higher real estate prices, no lack of good jobs, etc

>obama CRUSHES mccain and romney
>hillary loses
>WTF THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE IS BULLSHIT WTF

If this happens it guarantees civil war

>$1,300,000,000

He's absolutely right. Electoral College IS a disaster for a democracy.
>The US is a democracy.
Retards will conveniently ignore this.

The electoral college is heavily slanted in favor of Democrats. These dipshits should be careful what they wish for.

Are you implying Cali and NY would be a singular liberal voting block? Because they aren't, in fact the current system does more to silence conservative votes in those states then a straight popular vote would. Right now a conservative in Cali has as little say as a liberal in Texas. A popular vote means those peoples votes start to matter again.

Furthermore what's wrong with population centers getting the attention they deserve? That's where the "majority" of this nation's citizens live. The current system puts land>people this is pretty against, "All men are created equal".

>War in 5 days after implementation of such system. The country would cease to be.

This, if you remove the electoral college, you essentially dismantle the United States as we know it.

thats why they get 55 electoral votes while my state gets 7