So what was Griffith's reasoning for his decision to become one of the God Hand...

So what was Griffith's reasoning for his decision to become one of the God Hand? Was it insanity after a year of non-stop torture? Jealousy after he saw Guts and Casca being in love? Or did he really not care about anyone except himself?

he just was jelly because he couldnt bone gatsu

None of the above. The second he got that weird egg in his possession his fate was to join them. Did you even watch / read the story? What the fuck. It's mentioned in the first couple of chapters. Jesus.

He was a jealous git who had also been left a broken shell by his torture and was being offered the means to ascend to the level of power he had always aspired to and achieve his dreams on a platter.

He may have given a shit about people before then but by that point he was just so broken he didn't care, and even got off on hurting Guts for - in his eyes - abandoning him.

He never cared about anyone else except from Guts, he was the only one who made him forget his dream of a kingdom.
He was always willing to do anything to realize his dream, feeling completly helpless and broken left him with only one option to realize his dream and that was to sacrfice them all.

It could be argued that he wouldnt do it before he lost everything, but in the end he probably couldnt say no to becomming a fucking godlike entity.
I know I couldnt have said no.

I haven't read the manga, just watched the anime.

Then you know what to do.
Read the fucking manga, its unrivaled.
It will answer any question the anime left you with.

>He never cared about anyone
This is simply wrong. People make Griffith look worse than he really is. He definitely cared about his people, but he was willing to sacrifice them for his (and their) dream.
Remember that dream with the dead boy?

Fate is a retarded explanation. He obviously made a conscious decision.

Saying he didnt care was maybe a little harsh, what I meant is that noone could ever compare to his dream and if needed, would sacrfice them for his own goals.
There is that scene where he is standing in that creek and talking to Caska about how people are dying for his dreams and it gets to him, he was human after all.

It became easier on him as the series progressed though and I feel that the only loss that really ever hurt him deeply was when he lost Guts. Guts was really the only person he cared about to such an extent that he sacrificed the possiibility of achiveving his dream.

It was his last straw to realize his life's dream.

He didn't do anything wrong.

>Achieve your lifelong dream and become a god

or

>Be a cripple your whole life

What would you have chosen OP?

He realized his dream of being king of a kingdom wasn't happening so he got desperate. Griffith was kinda power hungry from the beginning.

Little Gripple could have lived a happy life being toted around in a basket and spoonfed by Guts and Casca. He would even have the privilege of hearing their pure sweet love-making through the walls of their comfy thatch-roofed cottage home. He was a total dick to turn down that life.

A crippled mute cuck at that.

Griffith is not a numale

Can Guts forgive Griffith?

No.

And Griffith wasn't an ordinary man. He was a great leader like Napoleon or Alexander the Great. A life like that would be worse than death.

I know. He's more like one of those alpha-betas. He would be just a normal beta if the egg wasn't there to enable him.

>berserk
>stolen from evangelion

>He would be just a normal beta if the egg wasn't there to enable him.
This is the dumbest shit ive read all month.

It was entirely his fault he became a cripple to begin with. He should have taken responsibility.

Just because a conscious decision was made doesn't mean fate isn't the answer.
This isn't the first rash decision/sacrfice Griffith made for his dream. One could say it was fate that it would come to this.

Actually it was Guts' fault.

Guts only left because he was following Grifith's philosophy.

No, Griffith was being a petty little bitch because he had no resiliency and he's a narcissist. He couldn't take losing so he lost his shit and did something stupid, and then went on to do something even more stupid, and cruel, and petty.

Because he just HAS to be the best. He will fuck over anyone and everyone, all for his own aggrandizement.

Sure, I'm not saying he didn't fuck up, but his choices were still achieve your dreams or watch you best bro fuck your waifu all day while you wait in a corner until it's time for din dins.

The choice is a no brainer.

fuck off Griffith

>t.Hawk

Big ego+torture, I mean he literally had no other choice but to join god hand if he wished for his dream to come true, the torturer fucked him up so badly he would have never recovered, he obviously cared for his crew but he just loved his dream more, also if he didn't care at all about them then the sacrifice wouldn't work, you need to sacrifice something you truly love.

he fucked his crew not because of his dream but because of his dom fetish