Honest question for you lads, are you really happy about this? $1...

Honest question for you lads, are you really happy about this? $1.6 billion dollars for a wall that makes up 3% of the border. Is that really helping stop anyone from coming in?

If you are actually pleased with this after that whole campaign, you are obviously trolling.

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/2017/05/24/529904884/president-trumps-big-wall-is-now-just-74-miles-long-in-his-budget-plan
unvis.it/npr.org/2017/05/24/529904884/president-trumps-big-wall-is-now-just-74-miles-long-in-his-budget-plan
allsides.com/allsides-search-results?search_api_views_fulltext=NPR&created=2&submit.x=0&submit.y=0
npr.org/sections/ombudsman/2011/05/24/136216017/worthy-cause-controversial-funding-source
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Source or piss off.

You're right, we should allow citizens to freely guard the wall with their own weaponry and ammunition, shooting any attempted illegal crossing.

I don't give a fuck if the wall costs a trillion dollars. It will be the best investment the USA ever made.

>i can't provide a source for any of this information but i want you to take my post seriously.

Search "border wall budget miles" into Google. There are a bunch of of results for this such as:

npr.org/2017/05/24/529904884/president-trumps-big-wall-is-now-just-74-miles-long-in-his-budget-plan

This is the same budget plan from back in May.

Would you like to back peddle some more, you can go with this route:
Free money for college next lads?

>silence

Please archive it unvis.it/npr.org/2017/05/24/529904884/president-trumps-big-wall-is-now-just-74-miles-long-in-his-budget-plan

So you're telling me the wall can get built, or we can solve world hunger?

What we need to do is invade Mexico, expel all mestizos to Guatemala, and build a wall on the Guatemalan border. Much shorter!

I thought they were building wall near San Diego near the coast.

>jewgle

I'm surprised that we're not seeing more stories of Texans gunning down cartel members and human smugglers. Imagine the triggering if the Minutemen just started indiscriminately shooting.

even that shitty fence cut 90% of illegal crossings into california. imagine what a real wall would do

Why not go with razor wire and upturned rail tank barriers?

>turns up legitimate websites
So everyone here is just pretending to be retarded right?

holy fuck how fucking stupid do you guys have to be to actually think a wall is going to be a good thing? How is a wall going to stop them from coming over legally and overstaying their visas? How is a wall going to stop them from using tunnels? (there are already incredibly huge tunnels being discovered) There is fucking negative immigration with Mexico, more are leaving then coming in. Why the fuck would you want to waste all that money on a useless wall when it could be better spent on anything else? Theres so many far better ways to handle border security for much cheaper than a wall

>npr

>build solar panel on walls
>build drone recharging stations
>attach guns to drones
>automate border security

>We've discovered massive human trafficking programs using extensive tunnels underneath the US mexico border
>But we totally know how many are coming in and that it's less than those leaving!
Even if that were true, it would only be because currently the federal government is not in gibs me dat mode. The instant it became economically profitable to sneak in again, they would do so. A wall would provide border security that could not easily be unmade by a future administration. Also, we can make walls specifically to undermine tunnel construction, and mexicans can't overstay visas when we stop issuing them to mexicans.

Just make it an even 2 bills and throw some automated sentry turrets and a healthy antipersonnel minefield while we are at it.

I mean we are America. Lets be fucking honest here, This thing should be gold plated and include a 100 foot deep moat along its entire length so the USS Gearge W Bush can cruise the border for safety.

>A billion dollars of wall.

Let that sink in.

>it could be better spent on anything else?

How to spot a shill
land mines and military, no warning shots.

You could put all that money in the military and it would be 100 times better spent ffs

Not issuing visas is a completely different thing an expensive ass wall isnt going fix that. The wall is a solution a third grader would come up with

$1.6bn is jack compared to an annual budget of $1.2trn.

Amnesty Don and the Republicans found another way to swindle us all.

Look at Casey v. Planned Parenthood, a SCOTUS case from 1992. EIGHT (8) republican appointees were on that court, which forever enshrined abortion as a constitutional right.

Yet they keep campaigning on repealing abortion, which gets them elected.

Why would these frauds want to implement RAISE or the wall, when it makes for great politics?

>repealing abortion
You're dumb, son.

It's an example you fucking goon

It's one important component of border security. Restrict visas and increase ICE headcount to make overstaying visas harder. Build the Wall to make illegal border crossings much more difficult. Walls work in everything but wars.

You don't even understand why what you said is stupid. Past your bedtime.

Building the wall is not worth the price, despite how many times Trump said so Mexico is NOT going to pay for it. If he puts a tariff on mexican goods that cost just goes to the consumer. The bill is going to be put on the US taxpayer. The department of homeland security said it would cost $20,000,000,000 without maintenance and thats a low estimate. Illegals dont cost the US nearly as much money as the wall would

Then clarify it for yourself little guy.

Honestly this, just have the military patrol the border. The US army and marines have 460,000 and 182,000 personnel respectively, the national guard has a further 335,000 personnel. Have half the army and half the marines patrol the border and you have 164 soldiers per mile. I am sure a company of soldiers can watch a mile of land.

Those are drug tunnels. They don't need the tunnels for human trafficking. The border is easier to penetrate than OP's mom.

This would be the new national pastime, but they would never allow it.

>this way it's easier for the next democrat to make excuses while making policy changes behind the scenes to let them flood in

>Building the wall is not worth the price
yes it is. Both in terms of limiting illegal crossings and drug trafficking.
>If he puts a tariff on mexican goods that cost just goes to the consumer.
Yes, because only mexico produces or even could produce the goods which are currently imported. Fucking moron.
>The department of homeland security said it would cost $20,000,000,000 without maintenance and thats a low estimate
Actually that's an overestimate. You could do it for less than 10.
>Illegals dont cost the US nearly as much money as the wall would
Objectively incorrect. Assuming your 20 billion dollar budget, that's about 1800 dollars for each current illegal. They rack up more than that filling up our hospital's ERs every year

Thats $46 million for every mile a Mexican is going to have to go out of his way to walk around it. Just think, how much that will piss them off.

>israels wall cost 3 billion to date (10 years of progress
>we give israel 4 billion every year
>hurr walls are too expensive here take our money instead since we dont need it

Well it isn't like Trump plans to actually build the wall.

Maybe Trump doesn't give a fuck about it

I think he is profiting from his partners at the construction industry or something... Imagine having an 8 billion USD contract... Its just too much money and too many interests

I only had a say during the election. Now I just adapt to what my leader decides.

>npr
AHAHAHAHAHA

a wall will stop about 95% of crossings. you're never going to have 100%. but the idea that a wall doesn't work is plain stupid. they put up a fence in southern california that stopped the illegal crossings there, because people decided it was a hassle and shifted to states where it was easier.

go tell the israelis that walls don't work

This is all divide and conquor black pilling.

Trump said the Wall is still on.

Wall is step one.

Deportations and 100% aryan state is step 2.

>npr
lul

1.6 x 33.3 = 53 billion

that shit is TRUMP change, fund it

There is already some wall, so less than that.

>breitbart
lul

>Trump says

Trump said he'd deport dreamers.
Trump said he'd jail Hillary.

Trump says a lot lf things.

I'd help pay for it just to lick all those libtard tears.

What is wrong with NPR? It is one of the least partisan news sources out there.
Source: allsides.com/allsides-search-results?search_api_views_fulltext=NPR&created=2&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

cept the wall isn't happening.. they're just going to mend the fence that's already there

This guy gets it.

Libtards btfo

its funny how people use Israel as a good example of a wall working when Israel is litearly the size of New York.

1/1000th the cost of bailing out wall street in 2008/9

it's worth it

>It is one of the least partisan news sources out there.

It will have some effect. If anything, it'll have an important symbolic purpose. The brownwalkers will understand that we've had enough of their shit when they see a massive physical impediment at the border.

Did you not look at the referenced source? May I say that you are starting to seem very partisan yourself.

\

>Is that really helping stop anyone from coming in?

No. The walls around prisons are also just for show. They do not prevent movement whatsoever.

No such thing as a centrist perspective. You either lean right or you lean left. NPR clearly leans left. Just because some random website says NPR is in the center proves nothing.

Lol he's gonna build a wall and it won't change a thing what then

>it could be better spent on anything else
Like bullets

Why not just hire more border agents, I read that it would be cheaper and more effective

Abolishing birthright citizenship and punishing businesses & corporations that hire illegals will fix your problem way more than any wall ever will.

& you can't allow every spic to enroll in k-12 schools. e-verify won't impact all the kids and teen spics from pouring across and hiding out in our public schools

1.6 bil is a down payment to start construction you absolute retard.

I can just picture it now: the last brick is being placed to complete construction of the wall and shills make a thread on Sup Forums saying "DRUMPF BTFO ONLY GETS ONE BRICK! DON'T BELIEVE ME? JUST GOOGLE 'WALL LAST BRICK'"

>$1.6 billion
That's really not much at all compared to what else the US government spends money on.

Also
>all these ideology flags
>all these concern trolls
>MUH SOURCES
Shill thread.

sage

SPBP

>2/3rds of illegals arrive on planes
>spend billions on a wall
Full retard.

King nigger spent like 10 trillion dollars in 8 years on GIBS and ruining america. I would gladly let trump spend at least that much on securing our border since it would accomplish something.

It's not just about keeping people out it's about sending a message to the world that we don't want you.

wow, the same site lists CNN as center

Jesus are you fucking retarded?
how many times does the news have to report on this? Or are you someone who just thinks that because it is news it must be lies? Did you think a giant wall would be free?

Moron!
Mexicans have ladders

All this bullshit about "electronic surveillance" is ridiculous. As soon as a Democrat takes power, the fucking cameras would be shut off and the border patrol agents fired. It would be harder for a Democrat president to take down a wall.

Why do you think that? Because it would cost too much?

OY VVVVVEEEEEEEYYYYY
Trump has abandond usssss
OOOOOY GEVAAAAAULT!
Some cheap shitty wall that Only spans 70 miles, how worthles.

Lets build a REAL wall.......

Follow the red and Yellow line from Haifa through Jerusalem and into the Sinai Peninsula

The real WALL BUILDING ISSUE is being discussed here as a front in the US

AS ISRAEL IS PLOTTING TO TAKE OVER THE ENTIRE WEST BANK AS WELL AS THE GOLAN HEIGHTS TO ERECT THEIR EXTENSIONS AROUND THE REST OF PALESTINE

I Say We Build One To Block Them Out And Go Set Up A True Religious State Of Palestinians and Judeans Living As They Did Before The Balfour Declarations And Land Grab Invasions

Notice how they say its "For America" and it provides jobs....

For Texans.....LOL

So this is what all this has been alluding to

Texas isn't america. We should turn Texas into a irradiated DMZ containment area between Mexico and US.

lol 1.6 billion. I wonder how many people are going to fall for this media trolling. I can see this link getting posted all over social media.

>Israel is litearly the size of New York.

ok then, great wall of china

i bet youre perfectly fine with the 40b in aid to israel though.
not to mention ben publicy said he would wsit till trump got in office to renegotiate.
just so happens to be the most in aid weve ever given.

some people will use ladders, but most people won't bother. the coyotes will have to charge more because of the risk of crossing, the extra cost of the ladder, the difficulty of transporting the ladder, the risk of falling off either side of the wall, the increases visilibity of crossing over a wall. these make the trip more difficult and dangerous and increases their risk of capture. if you have someone that falls off a 20 foot wall and breaks their leg, now what? are the illegals going to carry their babies over a 20 foot wall with razor wire on top?

the coyotes if caught get charged with human trafficking. that's why they charge so much. with a wall, their risk of capture goes WAY up, and they will have to charge probably ten times as much as before.

No. We need to make it illegal for beaners to be here in the first place, punishable by death.

Considering the price for Israel's wall, you're full of shit.

What happens if they dig underneath it?

>stop all the wars currently being waged.
>build a wall around the entire country, 3x as high.
>completely enclose California.
>build New California on the roof.

>what are tunnels?

Funded by soros even NPR had to admit to "controversial funding"

npr.org/sections/ombudsman/2011/05/24/136216017/worthy-cause-controversial-funding-source

"muh super tunnels"
There's no evidence or logical reason that the tunnels built under the border where used to move illegal immigrants into the country. These border tunnels are built by the cartels in order to sneak illegal drugs into the US, and they strive to keep them as secret as possible as they are pretty expensive and time consuming to make.

If they where to start smuggling illegals through these tunnels it would be
A) not cost effective (an illegal usually pays a few thousand dollars to coyotes to get smuggled across the border, sending a human body weight in drugs instead would make the cartels millions of dollars.
B) destroy any pretense of secrecy. Illegal immigrants aren't exactly the most tight lipped bunch in the world, it wouldn't take the ATF and border control long to figure out just wear these border tunnels where, and destroy these million dollar cartel investments.

Tunnels are a silly argument, and a non issue in illegal immigration.

hadrian's wall moves to sonorra