ITT: say what would improve shows rated 8-9/10

Tag your spoilers please.

I'll start with the obvious, ending Death Note earlier.

SOA kept to level completion and basically the whole first arc, and not defeating admin-san

NGE: just erase EoE and the last 2 episodes and give the show, the universe, and the story a proper closure that isn't lazy shit writing hiding as "deep and psychological".

no new movies either because those are a fucking mess.

Episode 13 rather than an LN bonus chapter.

Bebop could have touched on the Julia/Spike/Viscious stuff a bit more, Julias death was a bit underwhelming overall.

FLCL: Flesh out Naota's and Eri's relationship just a tiny bit more after Mamimi lost interest in Naota.

In what way is EoE's writing "lazy?"

It is actually in Europe, not Japan. Honestly.

this. it hit me hard to see spikes reaction. but as far as her dying itself i really didnt care

Take Dera and the entire islander subplot out. Focus the show on vignettes and self contained arcs about people working in the shopping arcade rather than goofy shenanagains.

>removing Choi
No.

if you ever watch it, preferably after having watched a good number of other shows, you'll notice that compared to the pacing and development of the rest of the series prior to the last chapters, that EoE presumably replaces (or happens along with according to some), you'll see that they completely disrupt the balance between mecha/angel action, worldbuilding, tension and interpersonal drama with psychological debate/development and drop most everything for a rather large focus on psychological monologues and symbolism. problem is, given that the "main" psychological theme of the series isn't that complex or hard to understand, that much focus on it wasn't either necessary or good in light of how much was dropped for it.

i never really got why it was so highly praised along with the series, but maybe that has to do with the fact i only saw it for the first time much later than i presume everyone else had.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

>Cut down the comedy in the first half, or at least put a strong distance between that and the serious stuff
>Just do what the original Anime did until Hughes' death
>Kill at least some of the chimeras at the end to give some sense of loss. It's a bit weak that Fu is the human character with the biggest death scene in the latter half
>Mustang loses his eyeballs, not his corneas (Imagine the big reveal if, at the moment he said, "What's wrong? I can't see!" he turned to look at Ed for the audience to see that his eyes were missing)
>Give Lust and Gluttony some interesting character depth rather than "Hot one" and "retard"

Still not only my favourite Anime, but favourite television show too.

just to clarify, the part of it that makes it lazy IMO is "dropping" a lot of important and interesting elements like worldbuilding and overall plot for the sake of the psychological aspect. i think both could have been maintained without one needing to suffer, and it would have made for a better conclusion overall, at least better than "congratulations" or EoE's ending (which i thought was as bad as, if not worse than congratulations).

thing is, brotherhood follows the manga, that was pretty much it's reason for being made, so if things started straying too much it would be pointless.

not saying the changes are bad though, just why i think they wouldn't fit.

EoE was a masterpiece you fucking pleb.

Cutting most of the anime-original bits, especially that ending arc. Use the source (material), Luke!

Look she's cute and all but she's a nothing character. Cutting her out would mean nothing at all.

Improve the fight scenes/soundtrack.

SoL shit is pretty cozy though

too soon ?

KLK - more consistent pacing (you had episodes where nothing happened and episodes where fucking everything happened)

also, 3/4 of the elite four were great, but houka was boring and useless, they may as well merged him and iori into one character

I disagree entirely. EoE is pretty much the exact same balance of the elements you mention as the original series, with somewhat more emphasis on the internal psychological stuff. It still has plenty of interpersonal conflict and worldbuilding, the only major difference between in and the TV series is that it's much more graphic due to being an R rated film.

Part 1 of EoE has the action and mech stuff, part 2 has the psychological stuff. Its literally half and half.

Viscious in particular is a weak villain, and one I never really bought as a serious threat.

for those like you who saw it when they were 14, in the midst of the hype and having watched at best some shounen beforehand maybe.

but i'm not gonna discuss taste with Sup Forums, i'm not crazy thank you.

Part two has worldbuilding and interpersonal stuff too. There's more focus on Shinji's psychology but that's not all there is.

I saw it for the first time about a year ago and it's my favorite movie in general.

LoGH is a 10/10 show, but it would be even better if Julian the faggot died

Good spread your shit taste somewhere else.

mecha might be more present but worldbuilding is all but dropped. angels are never explained or touched upon more heavily, neither is Kaworu, seele is gone, evas and the whole stuff with them having mother's souls inside them isn't touched upon, the whole Rei clone thing was left unexplained and was never touched upon again, and the interpersonal drama we hadfelt more like a vehicle to advance the plot and the psychological commentary in the second half rather than the kind of interactions we had until then that were more character/individual-centered.

Kill the bird and we got something.

Nothing could improve that god awful show

That or ending it at ep 14

No, it isn't, it's just that none of that stuff is described explicitly. Plenty of it is answered.

Ending it at episode 1 would have been best

>sao
>8-9/10
Ill bite, it became shit when beta kun got his harem started aswell as the terrible pacing and time skips after episode 2.

You're objectibly a pleb and part of why Anno hates the anime watching people. Get out.

>Watamote's tacked on "Who needs friends anyways?" footnote

It was kinda annoying and tacked on. I cute little scene where she talked about how she wouldn't give up would have been a much more poignant and in-character conclusion.

I genuinely though watching her run from the head girl that she's not running away from embarrassment, but she's running home to masturbate. Made the ending much funnier for me.

>Make Asuka apologise for being a bitch
>Make Rei not a charisma vacuum

>Gundam Unicorn
>Fuck you I'll give it an 8/10

>Riddhe (Banshee) fails to kill Marida (Quad Wing), she escapes
>Marida heads for the colony to retrieve Mineva
>Fighting around the snail blows another hole in the colony before Banagher (Unicorn) and Mineva reach the box
>The box and is destroyed and its contents are never revealed
>the Unicorn's NTD mode permanently shuts down because of this, but not the Banshee's
>Final fight is Unicorn vs Full Frontal(Sinanju) and Quad Wing vs Banshee
>banshee's NTD mode kills the unstable Riddhe just before he can destroy the Quad Wing
>Meanwhile Unicorn gets fucking rekt
>Quad Wing intervenes and saves Unicorn, destroying Full Frontal and the Quad Wing together

>The colony laser never happened
>After full frontal is dead Neo Zeon withdraw
>Unicorn returns to Industrial 7 carrying an alive Marida. End Credits.
>Finally Riddhe and Marida get the endings they deserve

Uchuu Kyoudai ends with Mutta getting the news that he's accepted into the astronaut program.
The manga continues of course.

I didn't expect that shit to end this way. It starts out as your typical light hearted weeb show about some beta male who ends up saving the world, and then turns into a dark as fuck show half way through where everyone gets fucked over and there is no happy ending.

Why replace a character with literally the exact same character?

>Liking NGE but hating EOE
I never understand this.