Dragon Ball Super

Are you serious? That's one of the shittiest positions yet.

Come on, Toriyama, you can at least do some research in some science-y shit

Other urls found in this thread:

dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Groundbreaking_Science
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's not that he doesn't know, it's more that fuck Gohan.

I have the strangest feeling it's either due to Japanese cultural differences or a front for his Saiyaman shit.

Keep in mind that Chi-chi is a dumb hick. It probably sounds super important to her. She'd probably be happy if he became a Sanitation Worker if her phrased it that way.

Chi-Chi's family and Saiyans in general have generally been hicks and retards. A job in academia - however minor it may be - probably seems like the glamorous high life from her point of view.

Or shit, maybe universities are more prestigious and stricter with their employment in nip land, fuck if I know

He's like 18 barely 19 you fucks?

He probably just graduated.

It's a good starting point road to success.

He was doing fucking conference meetings and said he was a scientist.
Pretty sure he was in the game for longer than that.
If not, he's going about it all wrong.

Why does it matter? He rejected the job anyway.

She's just happy that he didn't end up like his father who is uneducated, unemployed and violent.

Remember, Goku is basically like a ghetto black dad. He neglects his family, always looking for some trouble, never had a job, no income and comes home once in a while just to make some more babies.

seriously, he's the worst dad ever but that saiyan dick game must be amazing for chi-chi to keep goku around

He's 22, which is the age people normally start grad school. Being a teacher's assistant is extremely common for grad students.

If you want to hate Super there's no shortage of actually good reasons, you don't need to reach like this.

It was how it was presented that was idiotic

Again, it was like no research was made to what these positions were or how they stood in society

If you want Gohan to be a great scientist, why not be Dr.Brief's assistant instead to do all the sciencing.

Or fuck, go teach at his own school.You can make a whole fucking spin-off on that.

To be fair, trouble seemed to just start gravitating toward him past a certain point..

>SO YOU ARE STRONG GUY. WE MUST FIGHT, BECAUSE I WANT TO. THINGS WILL EXPLODE WHETHER YOU DO THIS OR NOT.
>I like those odds...

didnt Gohan write a book about Ki in one of those video games that made him famous and made normal humans get strong?

I don't know exactly what happened because I don't watch Super, but becoming a TA at Gohan's age is something to be proud of.

Dr. Briefs is a private sector engineer, Gohan wants to be a scholar.

Which doesn't pay well, is fairly demeaning, and quite a few students have done this, and for years. The only reason he can afford having a wife, kid, and a place to live, is because of his rich father in law.

Chichi is just a dumb twat who can't distinguish a respectable job from a so-so or low tier one.

>Save the world
>Get beat on and almost killed for it
>Study hard to get the best grades
>Graduate top of the class
>Become a teacher
>Get a meager wage

LOL WHAT A LOSER

Least he gets dem benefits like maternity leave. Even mexicans fresh from the fence start their own businesses and succeed more.

You know that sounds like a mom though proud of her son no matter what crappy job he has.

And he still has a job. The point is he's the only saiyan with a job. Even if it's a shitty one.

So does that mean Black Goku will be the best father ever?

You don't think banging Bulma is a full-time job?

Plot twist: Black Goku actually turns out to be Future Goten

But he doesn't exist in Mirai Trunks timeline.

>If you want Gohan to be a great scientist
What?
When did this happen.
In Dragon Ball, there was only ever talk of him becoming great scholar.
Then at the end of it, he was.
This is pretty consistent.
Did someone make a mistake translating, or..?

Look up the scene where Saiyaman and Mr.Satan playfight with Pan

Also keep in mind Gohan is, what, 21 at most?

>Mirai Trunks

it takes a lot of jobbing to reach the prestigious position of university teacher's assistant

Assistant Professors at universities in Japan make an average of 60 grand per year.
So if he live in a japanese city, yeah, it'd be a bit hard to make ends meet on that salary.
But Dragon Ball isn't japan.

You mean 60k yen right?

>ghetto black dad
That's like 1% you know. Why dads are more neglectful.

At least goku saved the earth like a billion times, that's better than being an wage slave

You know, I think that Goku honestly wanted to retire from the frontlines after Cell, if he didn't die, go home and be a family man. If you think about it, he probably was a decent husband in the first few years, we know for sure he didn't train too hard, since he wasn't much stronger years later when Raditz appeared (what's amazing is that neither was Piccolo, despite the weight training, what the fuck had he been doing? Everyone else caught up in just a year of training at Kami's place, did he just lack a training partner like Gohan?). After that there was the whole being dead, Namek, going back, and then "cyborgs are coming soon, train or they will wreck the world". Then he was dead again. Despite that, once in a while, despite the whole "asian mom" ordeal, Chichi seems to honestly care for him and love him. I mean sure Goku might be a bit of a retard and socially awkward, but he's still hella manly, built like a bodybuilder, and dependable when everything looks hopeless.
Also the only time we see him hitting her he didn't do it on purpose, he was just being tsukkomi to her being boke in the stupidest way with her asian mom running gag (Studying is more important than the earth being destroyed). It was supposed to be comedic scene in that the tsukkomi hitting the boke doesn't really work if the tsukkomi is the strongest man in the universe and will throw you in a rock outside the hose. It absolutely wasn't a scene about him hitting her so that she would change her mind.

So much for training while the others are busy.

YFW gohan becomes the best brain on earth and figures out a way to nullify all future threats by thinking instead of just punching.
Alternatively he teaches everyone to use ki.
Imagine every civilian packing a kamehameha/kaoken or whatever.

It would be interesting if all those years of studying actually came up to be useful in a battle once in a while.
Like I don't know, shattering a robot by using some properties of the metal it's made of by heating it and putting pressure on its bolts and make them fly off. Or calculating the angles of attacks to counter them with less effort, or concentrate ki attacks in stronger ones, or using anatomy to make strikes deadlier.

Instead, it never ever comes up in battle.

>Gohan figures out how Dende does his healing and makes everyone able to heal like he does
alternatively
>Gohan invents artificial senzu

>Imagine every civilian packing a kamehameha/kaoken or whatever.
Considering the average person has a power level of 5, its not happening.

Come on, Toei
ftfy retard

Seriously, he could find a way to replicate them and keep large quantities for tough fights or make a long lasting version.

They have 5, but a few years of training and you get 100-300. Ten years of training, and you get people who are around the 1000 mark, and as seen with early DB, you can fly with that.

Teach someone Kaio Ken, and the guy with 1K power level can cap out at 3000, at Times 3.

I think having an army where the average soldier has a 700-2000 Power Level aint bad.

Shit-tier , though.

Retard.

He canonically writes a book teaching people how to use ki.

>Goku saves earth countless times
>Goku saves the galaxy a few times
>Goku saves the universe once
>Goku is on the level of gods
>Goku shook hands with what might be THE God
>YEAH WELL HE DIDN'T GO TO UNIVERSITY THOUGH DID HE? HUH?

Gohan is a fucking failure.

I wonder if going to the turtle school counts as education. I actually can't remember if Muten gave them actual school lessons too.

Your all weebs that have no life and live in your mom's basement with your body pillows.

Blame Chi-Chi and Chi-Chi apologists
And remind them that even Brain Dead Ali has more money than Steven Hawking

>Goku is on the level of gods
Joke gods maybe. Nigga can't even create shit.

This pretty much happens in Dragon Ball Online, which may or may not become canon soon if any of the future Trunks shit is any indication. He uses his academic knowledge to write about controlling ki and shit, which is pretty useful since ki is relatively unknown in DB's Earth aside from a select few who know how to control it.

dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Groundbreaking_Science

It's a joke because Chichi is really a terrible mother and it went past some peoples heads in the past.

Neither could Ares of Greece.

Does Chichi have saggy chichis?

I still don't get how people didn't clue into this when she told Goku she didn't care if the world was destroyed as long as Gohan got to study.
How did no one just instantly hate her and everything she stood for when she is saying 'Yes 6 billion died, more than likely 4 billion of which are innocent bystanders, but they can all die as long as Gohan learns Math that is never used in day to day life by normal people'

Not to mention blaming Goku for being a terrible father and husband when he literally doesn't understand any of that shit. She raped an alien and then whines that he's indeed an alien.

I blame Toriyama and Toei. Gohan was the strongest one at the end of Z. So they had to nerf him to make Goku and Vegeta shine more.

Which was unnecessary. They could have keep Gohan as their strongest fighter and be beaten by Beerus regardless, and then give Goku the SSJG power-up. Then Gohan being defeated by Frieza wouldn't have been a disappointment but instead show how much powerful Frieza became.

Master Roshi did teach him and krillin shit like basic math and writing, bit for some reason goku forgot everything.

Because
>lawl strict mama
I think a few people had their own mothers say something similar, only they weren't alien supermen murdered by a retarded gumball.

>New villain is Black Goku.
>Inb4 he's a fantastic father with a job.

I'm ready.

I'm pretty sure a University Teacher's Assistant is a huge thing in Japan.

Fuck, here in America university professors make MAD dosh. I can only imagine it is the same over there.

Year or two of training under someone like Roshi, yeah you can get like 50+

Only when you drink the Super human water and survive, then get trained by Kami and Popo do you surpass the 100 mark.

Let's not forget King Piccolo was in the 200 range and no basic human could ever touch him.

>Chichi seems to honestly care for him and love him
Chichi mostly stopped giving a shit once Gohan was born. Remember Yajirobe yelling at her after the fight with the saiyans.

most teaching assistants are just phd students

Reminder, Chi-Chi never wanted Gohan to be educated for the sake of it, she just wanted him to make her money, which she'll just waste (see the 100 million she spent in just 3 day)
And that Gohan never uses his intelligence for anything meaningful so that's pointless on that front as well
ALSO Gohan used Raw power to beat Cell, who is arguably top 3-5 strongest science made weapons in all anime.

My friend became a university teachers assistant in japan to teach English and he scored 50% in all his high school exams (with the exception of nippon studies)

He basically marks tests and answers basic questions like "how do i say this in English?"

That's how you start, jesus christ Sup Forums what do you do for a living, work at mcdonalds?

>see the 100 million she spent in just 3 day)
She didn't spend it. She lied about it to keep Goku motivated to work, like Beerus lied about Monaka for the same reason.

>And that Gohan never uses his intelligence for anything meaningful so that's pointless on that front as well
Yeah, cause it's a fignting series, not an educational one.

i work for google

hi moot

>Welcome our champion of martial arts and scientific pursuit!
>its a black Goku acting like Raul Julia from Street Fighter

>She didn't spend it. She lied about it to keep Goku motivated to work
Okay so she straight up lied to her husband to force him to do something he hates, that's just as bad if not worse.
>Yeah, cause it's a fignting series, not an educational one.
For someone arguing Education>Fighting, you're not very smart.
I'm saying Gohan can use the fact Ki is basically magic once Freiza saga hits and just create the most insane techniques of all the fighters, or have some master plan for a fight.
Instead he uses less tactics in a fight than his retarded father

>being this authistic about a kids show

>kids
I want to argue against this because of all the dark shit going on, but then i remember that i grew up with Oggy and the cockroaches and i got fuck all to say.

For Gohan's age it's a good position in Japan, you don't get proper ranks there until you're of certain age, no matter what your achievements are.

Is Pan the new Brolly ?

to become a professor takes years after entering a lecturing position

what do you expect him to be?

>authistic

I think that is how the Spanish/Portuguese spell it iirc

>married and with a child at 22 and does conferences as a scientist

What the hell, he shouldn't even have graduated yet. I always saw him as someone in his late 20's

>born as a super saiyan
Poor Vegeta

>he fucks Chi Chi and she feels satisfied for the first time in years

Think of it this way. Gohan is the smartest Saiyan that has ever lived.

Not that that matters at all considering this is a battle series and intelligence has never been relevant considering the main character has progressively been getting more and more stupid over the years.

And also that Goku, the 'retarded one' has used more combat strategies than his supposed 'smart' son.

As if Goku was a fighting genius and his son was more book smart.

>Pikkoyo
Fuck that was cute.

No I mean Goku used ACTUAL tactics.
>Freiza can't sense energy
>I know I will create two ki balls, and distract him while I come from behind
>Cell Knows me as well as I know myself, so I need to do something he wouldn't except me to do.
>I know I'll charge a Kamehameha strong enough to blow up the Earth, catching him off guard and then using Instant Kamehameha.
Meanwhile, Gohan the 'smart one' fights every fight like a pissed off baboon

What actually bothers me about super is Gohan and Videl calling each other Videl-san and Gohan-kun. I mean you're fucking married for fuck's sake.

chichi still calls Goku Goku-sa

Yeah, you can be smart or not in different areas.

Goku is book dumb, but fight smart.
Gohan is book smart, but not fight smart.

Is that really hard to understand?

Nah, Gohan is still fight smart, but he's grown stagnant/stale.

Pretty much if anyone knows anything
Seriously, at least here in the states, that really what it equates too.
It might be a proper path, but Gohan was said to be giving lectures on 'sciency things' at one point, and was a 'great scientist.' And you only start giving lectures on theories and shit when you actually are part of the community or if your prof forces you too.

Again, this could all make sense if Toriyama or Toei actually did some fucking research on what scientists and scholars do. But nope.

Goku is literally retarded if it's not related to fighting, Gohan isn't retarded in any aspects, he's just grown super weak/lazy.

So you're telling, that Chi-Chi forcing her son to study 12 hours a day for 10+ years, never once gave him Sun-Tzu? AKA top 10 Asian men that Eastern Culture sucks the dick of after Miyamoto Musashi, Oda Nobunaga, and Guan Yu?
And don't tell me 'Not in DBZ verse.'
Hitler existed, so why not Sun-Tzu?

>Chi-chi probably gave Gohan Mein Kampf before giving him 'The Art of War' of 'The Book of Five Rings'

>Goku is literally retarded
More like you're retarded. He drives a car in the Android arc and control a spaceship in the Namek arc.

You're literally retarded.

Go back and watch the fucking anime you fucktard, I doubt he actually sets his destination or does more than click a fucking button.

As if retards can't drive a car.

Jesus you're fucking retarded

Goku's job is making sure they all fucking exist.

>As if retards can't drive a car.
m8
I've been tested to have an IQ of 125 and I generally read nonfiction books for fun for hours every week, usually in double digits. I sometimes do off road biking and hike every week. Driving is the hardest and most frightening thing I ever had to learn. I fucking hate it and avoid whether possible.

You're fucking retarded.
He landed the ship himself on his way to Namek and controlled a GF spaceship to leave Namek when it exploded. Another time on his way back to Earth.

>As if retards can't drive a car.
What kind of back water shit hole do you come from?

Fuck off retarded Toei shill.

You're not actually proving anything you know? At minimum the others cite scenes. Goku can at least operate technology well enough to get by.

>Goku save the earth a billion times.
It was like twice if you count the Red Ribbon army the other one was Piccolo. He caused the rest of them.
>Sayians came to Earth because of Goku
>Freeza came to Earth because of Goku
>Androids and Cell who destoryed the world in the future were created because of Goku
>Majin Buu one of biggest threats in the universe came to earth because of Goku and his spawn
>Beerus the God of destruction who destroys worlds for funzies or if they pissed him off in any minior way came to Earth BECAUSE OF GOKU!

Lets not forget all those times he waited around, healed or let the bad guy go because he hoped they would get stronger and fight him later.
Goku is fucking sociopath when he beat Piccolo he had no one else to fight because he was the strongest, now when he beats a super bad guy who could destroy the world in the blink of an eye and lets them go so they can come back stronger.

Goku is a true Sayian, he only cares about fighting and nothing else.

>he only cares about fighting and nothing else.
Another retard.

>Saiyans because Dragon Balls
>Frieza because he survived and butthurt
>Androids because of even more butthurt from Gero
>Buu because Vegeta decided that fighting Goku for a day was worth risking Buu's revival
>Beerus was pissed because Buu ate his pudding