State of Jefferson General

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=0wFczbAnmww

The State of Jefferson is a proposed US state in Northern California (less prominent, but noticeable in Southern Oregon). The State was first proposed in 1941 and a movement quickly sprung up. However, due to the importance of WW2, the movement quickly died down. Many years later during the 90s, the movement resurfaced. As California began rearing towards a very left leaning blue state, more and more northern counties, fed up with being tossed out and disregarded by the Californian government, began the campaign once more to create the State of Jefferson. This will not only bring a conservative state to the west coast, but put a dent in the democrat stranglehold of California and the west coast in general. Since Oroville, the movement has exploded in popularity, making it the most vocal state separation movement in the US. (Note there is another secession movement in Southern California known as the "State of Jackson", however it is not nearly as prominent as the conservative led movement in Northern California).

Links:

Official Website: soj51.org/

News Articles: krcrtv.com/news/local/shasta/state-of-jefferson-supporters-file-lawsuit-against-california/496024228

orovillemr.com/article/NB/20170529/LOCAL1/170529766

modbee.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/jeff-jardine/article130705049.html

Can you hear us now?: youtube.com/watch?v=eddGRO5wUxY&t=80s

Youtube Videos:

youtube.com/watch?v=T8mwwjAeUGM&t=2s

youtube.com/watch?v=LdUIyhD0we0&t=71s

youtube.com/watch?v=lrDWdsjYGeY&t=1s

Other urls found in this thread:

us14.campaign-archive2.com/?u=92a303e0df8ac34433d255b04&id=d2dc270ae7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

One day

How goes the fight for proper representation?
Last I heard you guys had filed a lawsuit against the state of Commiefornia

I love this idea

Placer county reporting in.

Mutual separatism is the only logical choice. Does Jefferson or Lincoln even want to be in the same country as California or Oregon/Washington? Does California really want to take NorCal with it when it goes? Does Cascadia really want what is essentially Western Idaho? Does the rest of America really want to keep the leftist West Coast liberals around?

I think the answer to all of those questions is an obvious "fuck no". Their goals are mutually beneficial, so I propose a combination of all the four most well known and largest separatist movements on the West Coast into a single coalition. By sharing the burden of signature gathering, fund raising, outreach, and other resources these disparate movements could achieve all of their own goals while helping each other do the same and gathering bipartisan support.

Even if only one of them succeeds, they all succeed. If Calexit or Cascadia succeed, Jefferson and Lincoln get to be part of a vastly more Conservative country that aligns with their own state interests. If Jefferson or Lincoln succeed, leftists in California and Oregon can rule unopposed. Cascadia and Calexit would be natural allies and trading partners once they left and would benefit greatly from having cooperated beforehand. Jefferson becomes a hub of economic and military activity as it is America's sole access to the Pacific Ocean. Lincoln no longer has to bow to its coastal overlords. And of course, with one succeeding the others gain momentum and support to match.

The four new states will need to negotiate on the exact boarders and coordinate strategy, but even just one endorsing the others would be a huge boon. With separatists pushing from the right and left at the same time, it will be hard to find real opposition outside of the ~radical center~ and the elite.

Find even one flaw.

East coast fag here. But would absolutely love to see this as the 51st state

Here is the current map:

From the Jefferson Messenger #17
us14.campaign-archive2.com/?u=92a303e0df8ac34433d255b04&id=d2dc270ae7
>Judge Mueller opened with direct questions towards Counsel regarding the judicial precedence, and representation numbers. Citizens for Fair Representation counsel Scott Stafne provided compelling response to her questions. And then after recognizing the defendant's counsel was still in the room (he remained quiet the whole time) directed a question to him - paraphrased, "Assuming the representation numbers were to be found unconstitutional, why not increase representation?" To wit, after a brief pause and inaudible murmurings, the Secretary of State's counsel replied, "Well, I had not thought of that." Brilliant response!

Commiefornia
B T F O
T
F
O

Lots of love from dixie,b-b-b-bump

I'm down to see the formation of a new state in my lifetime. A city as beautiful as San Francisco does not deserve to be tied to the state of California!

Lame. You can't just let everyone who's slightly red be in Jefferson.

8XXCv

Join this discord server. We want to make a home for conservative-minded people. Hopefully we'll be begin enough one day to become a separate entity.

These are counties with large interest in the movement.

bbbbbuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmppppp

The official SOJ discord server
dG7msCW

>8XXCv

gay

Here's a working link:
FkQGGYP

noted. oh huh the official site doesn't actually have oregon counties listed as declared

They have filed declarations.