Climate Change Deniers

Just a daily reminder that if you're a climate change denier you're a scientific illiterate.

Look at this graph and debate me.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jba_Fofi
www1.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/paleo/icecore/greenland/summit/gisp2/isotopes/gisp2_temp_accum_alley2000.txt
nature.com/articles/ncomms14845
southampton.ac.uk/news/2017/08/volcanoes-global-warming.page
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climatic_Research_Unit_email_controversy
youtube.com/watch?v=mNqJQVyRH84
youtube.com/watch?v=TCy_UOjEir0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Celcius
Discarded

Climate change is good, african shitskins will die.

this desu

it's nature's way of weeding out all of the morons who keep fucking the whole planet up.

literally comparing temp to some arbitrary point of history and ignoring how modern times is one of the coolest point in the entire earth history ever.

Just don't forget to close borders and stop giving food to them.

It's not arbitrary, it starts at a point where we have reliable, historical climate data. Of course, you can reach farther into the past by studying ice cores in the arctic. The ice cores show post-industrial temperatures that exceed the hottest periods in the past such as the medieval warming period.

two things:

1) yes, modern earth is much cooler than, say, Earth was 50 million years ago. However, life on Earth has obviously evolved quite a bit since then and is NOT currently suited to live in the type of climate that existed back in those times

2) Eventually, left to its own devices, life will evolve to adapt to a much warmer planet, but this process takes tens of thousands to millions of years, and the Earth is warming a lot faster than that, so in the meantime there will be a lot of destruction of wildlife. It's not the first time in the Earth's history that there has been a mass extinction or anything, but it will probably cause a lot of problems for civilization in the coming centuries because we are ultimately reliant on nature.

>hurr durr lets only look at the last 130 years

>hurr durr the dinosaurs had factories

there is no way to stop climate change. our options are to let it happen and prepare for a post-climate change world, or to vainly try to stop it by shutting down our industry, and living in a sinorussian-dominated post-climate change world.

The chemical composition of the atmosphere of the earth millions of years ago was far different than it is now. If anything, that's evidence FOR global warming.

oh wow, maybe africans really were kangs with industrialised countries before europeans arrived, just look at the temperature back then, must have been all the pyramids burning their spaceship fuel

Again, if you go back millions of years you're talking about a much different chemical composition of the atmosphere so it's not an apples to apples comparison.

I don't deny it I just don't see any point trying to fix a self correcting problem

Look at the rate of change on those graphs you posted retard. In the green part that goes from ~80,000,000 BC to ~8,000,000 BC the Earth cools by maybe 10C, which is about 1C every 8 million years (with some fluctuations). What we are experiencing now is about a 1C rise every 50 years or so, which is a ~160,000X faster change. The problem is that the climate is changing more quickly than most lifeforms will be able to adapt to in the short term, and thus there will be a lot of things which go extinct.

climate change is a natural occurrence

guys guys i got a great idea let's make the climate just like it was back when dinosaurs ruled the earth, i am sure that'll be super awesome

How will global warming fags ever recover?

we arent causing it, we are just speeding it up

We can't 'fix' it really, and you're right that it's a self-correcting problem. But the 'self-correction' could very well include changes which, for example, make agriculture more difficult.

I mean, there's nothing we can really do about it at this point imo, it's just something which helps to see the larger picture of where things are headed.

Russia's economy is the size of italys. The chinese are trying to fight climate change. That doesn't mean shutting down their industry, it means modernizing it.

That's why they're winning.

>can't read his own graph

this clearly states 'years before present (1950), and ends 95 years before 1950. Your graph only reaches 1855. Lets look at an actual dataset for the entire period

Your graph is also for Greenland only

hmmm

have a look at any of my other graphs then faggot

wrong. climate change will create more arable land and longer season. we can genetically engineer crops to adapt if it's necessary.

During the last ice age temps were nearly 50'C colder than now. If we burn all of the carbon we could get our hands on, we couldn't come close to that level of change.

Humans still have very little ability to impact climate.

Your daily black pill on carbon emissions:

For every increase in atmospheric CO2 concentration, our ability to refresh indoor air declines. Buildings were not built with high CO2 levels in mind, and so their air circulation and exchange can not keep up. This means a drop in indoor air quality, which we have already seen in classrooms reaching 1000ppm.

Now consider that chronic exposure to CO2 levels above 600ppm cause cognitive declines, mental health problems, lethargy and loss of energy, and exacerbate preexisting problems like kidney issues.

And now consider that we are HEADED towards 600ppm within the next 100 years.

A permanently stupid, tired, and crazy society. Only people in artificially oxygen enriched environments will be able to function like a normal person.

We'll literally be living in Big-O

>3 feet spiders
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jba_Fofi

LOL

climate alarmism is for useful idiots

remember pleb, you are already having to many kids but al gore gets to keep his heated outdoor pool at one of his mansions

AGW is anti-Life

you are fucking stupid all you people are fucking stupid, a slight change in temperature on earth will cause massive changes. You are getting this from an intp, only slight average temperature increases can cause catastrophic earth wide shifts, this is caused by the system that which controls the entire planetary system. If you fuck that up, we are already fucking dead you idiot...

>filename

Let's go back even farther you dishonest nigger.

Oh look, Earth's natural state is 10C+ above our current climate. A temperature WE CANT SURVIVE. And with feedback loops, we might very well beheaded that way.

It goes back a little over 100 years. How is this period of time statistically relevant for climate change that occurs over periods orders of magnitude higher than that?

Sup Forums has pretty much shown they have no arguments against climate change outside of graphs which are irrelevant and/or they don't know how to interpret.

you climate change alarmists REALLY think that everything will dies when average climate temp rises by like 3 degrees?

>what is margin of error

Dumbass

LOL I'm fine stop whining nigger literally WHO CARES LMAO I'M GONNA BE DEAD IDGAF WHAT HAPPENS.

wtf I love Trump now

Fuck your religious beliefs, chicken little.

was that an argument? doesn't seem like it.

Because if you go back millions of years you're talking about a totally different atmosphere and totally different lifeforms. It's not an honest comparison. Also note it's the rate of change that's the main point of contention, not some arbitrary increase.

So? Let humans die out and return the earth to those who dont ruin things.

/

The margin of error in contemporary measurements is tiny.

At this point I am not having kids until you fucking idiots stop this climate skeptic bullshit.This earth is the only home we have, and you're all fucking it up with your pure ignorance and hatred. Grow the fuck up.

>graphs and data aren't evidence they are inconvenient

>the universe was static ever since the conception of the universe desu, one day above medium temperature even a thousand years ago means we gotta shit ourselves

>During the last ice age temps were nearly 50'C colder than now.

completely false, it was more like 5C and even from a change of that size half the planet was covered in ice.

We don't know how much the Earth is going to warm in the next few centuries but it could be anywhere from 2C (probably manageable) to 8C (probably catastrophic to human life). Basically, the temperature difference between the last ice age and the present day, but in the other direction.

I think one of the problems is that a lot of the soils in higher latitude regions like Siberia and northern Canada are pretty low-quality for growing crops. Maybe we could find a way around it (I tend to think not, but I guess we should try), but it won't be possible if we live in a negrified and Judaized world where everyone's retarded and doesn't think about how to solve long-term problems

As I said above, it's the rate of change that's the important bit. And yes, a change of 3 degrees Celsius would mean big changes.

>we dont know
>could

This is everything one needs to know about climate alarmists.

>over 100 = 1,000,000

OK

this is the same graph

this also ends 95 years before present, the graphs source data shows this

www1.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/paleo/icecore/greenland/summit/gisp2/isotopes/gisp2_temp_accum_alley2000.txt

This again, is the same graph

This also ends before recent warming and the scale is so large (in millions of years) that you can't get anything from it anyway

These both have exactly the same scaling issues

But guess what? Scientists Know that Climate changed before. Otherwise you wouldn't.

nature.com/articles/ncomms14845
>Future climate forcing potentially without precedent in the last 420 million years

southampton.ac.uk/news/2017/08/volcanoes-global-warming.page
>The PETM is the most rapid and extreme natural global warming event of the last 66 million years.
>However, compared with today’s human-made carbon emissions, the rate of carbon addition during the PETM was much slower, by about a factor of 20.

Does Sup Forums really have no arguments against climate change? I was expecting something better than this.

This is the real problem. Carbon controls is a really expensive, ineffective way to control climate. We need cheap ways to control temps up or down.
Also, a degree or two up looks like it would actually be an improvement.

again, we can make soil if it's necessary. otherwise, just put down a fuckton of fertilizers and accelerate the natural decomposition cycle.

I'm more opposed to the reasons offered for it. I subscribe to the theory that rampant overpopulation is the problem.

Besides, when you look at it over long periods of time, the climate has always changed. It's just more unpredictable now because earth wasn't meant to have this many people on it.

This is how all science is you stupid nigger. They never EVER say anything for certain, because nothing is ever certain. Hence evolution being a theory.

>It's just more unpredictable now
Specifically when was it predictable exactly?

SO LET'S RISK IT LOL whats the worst that could happen (besides for the downfall of civilization ofc)

Was that chart generated with manipulated data points?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climatic_Research_Unit_email_controversy

there's two arguments being presented:
1) climate change is an inevitable natural occurence anyways
2) climate change is good

I think climate change is real. I just don't subscribe to the notion that it's our fault

You know, we're not worried cause the daily mail is writing something silly. We're worried about what NASA is saying.

But he is comparing older measurement, that has a margin of error that could not possibly pick up any wild swing up or down. It is smoothed over. So it's retarded to compare the two and claim the current change is anomalous when it is impossible to reach that conclusion with the imprecision of older data.

Dailymail is a shit source m8, no scientist actually believes a fucking Hollyjew movie will come true.

It doesn't mean the climate changing isn't pretty fucking bad for civilization though. It'll probably be much worse for 'third-world' countries (read: niggers) though, so at least there's that

My bet would be on hydroponics or something, instead of laying down new soil all across the planet.

Lol.
Apocalypticists are always the same.
If you were so convinced one would presume your lifestyle would reflect your convictions.

Those aren't arguments, they are claims with no evidence to support them.

>ending civilization
>bad
Kill yourself

Then you admit you do not have enough empirical data.

It does. For example, I take the bike when I go fuck your mother

>It doesn't mean the climate changing isn't pretty fucking bad for civilization though. It'll probably be much worse for 'third-world' countries (read: niggers) though, so at least there's that
can you say"refugees"

Wake up moron
everything you believe is a lie
climate change?
they are fucking with sky shithead

youtube.com/watch?v=mNqJQVyRH84

sometimes it is. The current climate change is man-made you idiot

Also manipulating climate by carbon controls is a really dumb way to do it.

prove it

once you go black there is no going back

Sup Forums RIP 16/09/2017

That's missing the point.

We know climate change is bad not because we're looking at past change, but because we know rising sea levels, more extreme storms and horrible dry spells are bad.

user claimed the past has seen bigger changes. That past changes of similar magnitude to the current situation might have happened without our knowledge (due to MOE) is irrelevant, because we already know climate change is bad; it just means user's argument doesn't work.

The fallacy of Russel's teapot

>the climate changes
>this year climate change is man made
>prove me wrong

One of these storms will hit the continental United States. Thanks climate change.

we've had this thread a million times already, just do your fucking research. The proof is out there if you want it. Or you can just jerk yourself off about how it MUST be natural even though all the evidence shows that natural causes have nothing to do with it

Science doesn't prove. It disproves and predicts. For example, it disproves climate change denier's claims, and it predicts drastic problems should current trends continue.

It's ok, science is complicated.

I have no car, and I don't buy very much of anything anymore beyond what I need. Of course, if we really wanted to fix this shit, it's pretty much impossible without reducing the number of fucking people on the planet, though. If the world population of Earth were like 50,000 whites we could all drive fucking Hummers and have private jets and it wouldn't really be an issue. The problem is the fucking third world breeders who insist on having 8 kids because "muh Islam" and "muh inability to comprehend the ramifications of my own behavior".

nah m8 it's a scheme to impose carbon tax

you don't know shit

youtube.com/watch?v=TCy_UOjEir0

Look at the graph I posted in the OP. Also take note of studies like the one done in 2003 by the IPCC which predicted longer, more intense storms in the years to follow. A prediction you'd have to be brain-dead to deny the validity of at this point.

the fallacy of Sup Forumstard's teapot
>the climate changes
>it was natural before
>despite all evidence to the contrary it must be natural this time too because muh feelz
>prove me wrong
>oh wait you did prove me wrong, well muh feelz are more important than all of your evidence and data

Whether it would be bad or not is irrelevant to whether it is true or not you low IQ Turkroach.

While I used this graph in relation to video games, the exact same principle applies to climate change, just change quality for tempurature and that's essentially climate change in a nutshell.

>It does. For example, I take the bike when I go fuck your mother
Enjoy that. She is sloppy, fat and elderly.

>saving the planet by mildly inconveniencing myself
Yeah, I am sure that'll do it.

When I stop hearing from environmentalists because they have started backing up there own bullshit with actual personal action then I will take notice.
Until then you are the equivalent of a family values Christian soliciting hookers every night.

Prove climate change is anthropocentric.

>should current trends continue.
Thanks for the giggle.

no evidence?? are you retarded. graph is super clear - modern climate temps are very low in earth history and see
see the pic - a very obvious positive impact on the earth.

Literally the first ever mention of global warming in history came from the Club of Rome. Not from science, not from data, from a think tank devoted to globalism, that also happens to be linked to research funding.

Deforestation.

Thread I was drunkenly reminiscing in died, since OP is a faggot I'll go ahead and finish here.
>First grade (last one I promise)
>Teachers bring in a bunch of big horseshoe magnets to teach us about miracles and get us excited about learning
>Encourage us to experiment with the magnets like little scientists
>"Go forth and explore! Let your minds be free!"
>Teachers are very into it, practically creaming themselves at this beautiful moment of learning
>We're just happy to do anything besides actual schoolwork
>Wander around class fucking around with the magnet
>Metal things attract, wood and plastic things don't
>See the computer
>"It's got metal parts, but its also plastic?"
>Realize nobody else has consider experimenting in this way
>Feel very unique and special
>Happily run over to computer with magnet
>Screen completely fucked
>Teacher finally sees what's going on, "NONONONONONONONONO!!!!"
>Aftermath
>Me: "A-am I" *sniff* "I-in trouble?"
>Hot Teacher: "W-well we did tell you to experiment."
>No consequences
>Me: "YEY LEARNING!!!"

i always thought that the argument was wether it was man made, not wether its real. i mean there was an ice age once. earth goes through cycles.

>I have no car, and I don't buy very much of anything anymore beyond what I need.
Your self sacrifice is astounding.