Anyone else is gradually "growing out" of anime watching?

I've been watching anime for like 12 years

3 Years ago, i was a "NEET" who spent all his time watching anime,browsing anime forums,constantly talking about anime and shit. It was escapism that made me feel better about my shitty life. I was immature ,depressed and empty inside

2 Years ago, i get a life epiphany, decide to get in pharmschool and become a pharmacist. Radically change everything about myself,i start loving my life,gradually become more and more mature->it changes the way i see anime too,i realized that 80% of anime is dumb stuff only NEETs ,teens and weird people can enjoy. -->spend months without watching anime and some other stuff

Then major health issues happen and wreck me for a year,hit rock bottom,extremely depressed and suicidal-->all of sudden i start caring 100x more about anime and escape reality in it,frequent anime forums again, i become an immature "NEET" weeb again

Gradually getting back on my feet and gradually feeling weirded out by most anime again

Nah Im NEET forever and proud of it.

I work more but I find myself watching more anime now.

If it weren't for work I'd be a neet myself

Great blog

You are some kind of idiot that doesnt understand that anime is just entertainment not a lifestyle

I don't really enjoy any other mediums besides Anime and music so I just stick to that. I doubt that's going to change anytime soon.

What do you watch?

You're in like stage 2 of the generic weeb cycle. Get over it, you're far from done.

>Continued

Does this happen to anyone else? Like all of sudden you find most of it dumb and see that most other fans you interact with on the internet are not your average person (Visited reddit anime , someone had made a thread with a 4000 word essay or something about the different kinds of "tsundere" cute girls in anime).

Which makes you wonder "wtf am i doing here"

Not insulting them but if you spend too much time around these obsessed anime lovers you'll become like them. It won't be a bad thing for many but depending on what you want to do with your life and become in life,that could be problematic.

won't get back to "normal" again (at le

Oh ok, this sort of discussion only belongs in r9k?

Alright thanks
I think this is related to the mental state you're in. If you feel hopeless,anime might become a lifestyle,from there it's a downward spiral.
What i watch right now? o

What i watch right now? Or what kind of anime i prefer?
Describe the different stages please

Cool blog, where do I subscribe?

>HURR DURR ONLY NEETS WATCH ANIME
dont feel special you fucking neet

>not even a pasta
It's like the second time today someone wrote a wall of shit like that expecting serious replies, what are you guys even doing on Sup Forums?

Nah I'm not a NEET, depressed or empty inside, but I noticed that when something good happens in my life and I feel happy I tend to enjoy moe SOL more than I do in my normal state

Well typically I read manga and if the story is good I will watch it's anime adaption after (if there is one). I try not to make this my lifestyle, as for discussion I only browse here, for 2 series anyway. Though I can totally see how, if you aren't preoccupied or busy, it could really take over, like if you start getting into Sup Forums culture and all that. I went through a phase like this once, but with videogames.
I guess it helps that I only see what Sup Forums seems to call entry level shit. I mean even though it's what i've preferred for years.

You grow out after 500 shows (if you are a normal intelligence person) and only watch 1-2 shows per season if that.

That is because you were solely doing it for escapism, some people actually enjoy this lifestyle.

You're on my blog already
Can you be a lazy student and still be considered a NEET
I forgot how this place was,didn't come here for a while. Where do you guys go when you want to have serious anime discussions without all that waifu loli best-girl shit. Or when you want to talk about things in my op
Yeah, thankfully i never started caring about voice actors,figurines ,shipping characters or having best girls and all these stuff anons do all day long here
True i guess, only watch jojo right now. Part 4 is the best so far. (I hope the animate every fucking part, it would be a waste no to) (Honnestly i don't care about part 5 and 6 but an anime version could be interesting to watch)

>I forgot how this place was,didn't come here for a while. Where do you guys go when you want to have serious anime discussions without all that waifu loli best-girl shit. Or when you want to talk about things in my op

>>/leddit/

>Where do you guys go when you want to have serious anime discussions
Oh you can have serious discussions here, but not by making retarded blogging threads like this one, that's for sure.

Now fuck off.

>tfw about to hit 500
>only finish 1 out of 15 or so anime I pick up
My time has come

The more of a normal you become the more you subconsciously think that you can't watch anime because you'll never be accepted by the norms

If you are a loser you just don't give a fuck

Sounds like the opposite problem I have, I've slowed down on anime ever since my depression worsened.

Why can't you both not be a loser and don't give a fuck?

It's one of those things where you resign yourself to happily being a loser, then realize you're actually winning at life for doing so.

Well, then you're a social outcast

>browsing anime forums
MAL? What's your username?

This is now an asuka thread.

I have a stable job, my own apartment and a circle of friends, and I still watch shit ton of anime/read VNs. Do I sound like a loser to you?
Completely untrue

What is this, silicone for ants?

Its called mobile shiposting, help me out here

>pic related

"Loser [at life]" is a more or less meaningless pejorative. Some people wear it as a badge of honor that they are living a happy and fulfilled life despite not succeeding in the traditional manner.

I hate reddit in general

What i hate more than reddit is reddit anime sub.

On Sup Forums you have edgy deviants taking pride in their deviancy but on r/anime is the exact opposite of that. Honnestly,they make me think of weak-willed shotas overreacting to everything

>Omg, when hinami said X, it sent a shiver down my spine! i couldn't even eat for days,heartbreaking stuff

Always pisses me off

There's a serious discussion and nobody (very few) got triggered asmuch as you did.

Makes you filter quality stuff from shit
i don't think it matters. Nobody knows what you do when you're at home,you can still be accepted by the norms
you mean: "why you can't be successful while not giving a fuck about what other think of your aniime watching habits?"?

You can, it depends how involved you are, Do you get triggered about which Voice actor will voice your waifu?
Sorry i dislike that place. I meant Sup Forums A and some subreddits

My list is past 700 entries, counting specials and shit. I don't know, three or four shows a season are still watchable. I usually pick up a few more than that, it's just like two or three hours a week in total anyways.

Asuka a shit, pick a better girl

Nice blog.
Subscribed like and shared.
Now do us all a favor and go die.

something like this

Airing anime is a lot easier to watch for me since its weekly and I watch it with Sup Forums
I get so uninterested in backlog stuff though, unless it really wows me or I get pulled along by some silly plot.
I plan on taking a break from backlog anime and sticking with manga for awhile since I've only read 20 days worth. Maybe my interest will come back.

Please, how can you deny perfection.

Sakura!

If you're not "growing out" of any form of entertainment, there's something wrong with you.

The "honeymoon" phase where you consume anything related to it without questioning should make some room for "normal" phase where you watch maybe one or two *good* shows per season instead of binge watching bloody Naruto, Hundred, or what have you.

>i realized that 80% of anime is dumb
>I've been watching anime for like 12 years
y

I'm curious, what does having folders for all your different waifus, folders for lolis and folders for your "anime girl smug face" girl just so you can spam them feels like?

I never understood what kind of person does that

I also never understood what kind of person has 100+ webms of beheadings,torture,animal torture and all that shit

Sup Forums sure is special

Blogshit doesn't belong here buddy

Certain anime (usually the ones aimed at disgusting level otaku) annoy me because the characters talk so strangely, I can handle a little weird since its anime and it has its deres but these kinds specifically take it to another level and I think it's watchers don't even realize

I honestly believe that shitty pandering sol anime is actually setting it's watchers back mentally, in the social department because after spending stupid amounts of time watching they may pick up stupid habits like saying" EHHHH?" or running with toast in their mouth
I've seen it happen to people I know irl. The best precaution is to be aware

Seriously curious, is it something you usually say? Why?

I wouldn't even tell my worst enemy to go die.

How edgy can you be

why is everyone on Sup Forums edgy

why am i here

user has

user is autistic faggot

user hangs themselves from a noose

I guess you can go 3-4 if you count short series.

Once you go manga it's even harder.

So with time you become a bigger and bigger weeb? what's the last stage of the Weeb spectrum

This is not a game, this is war. First thing they teach in military is that be always prepared.

I've picked up pen-mawashii because of anime and I'm pretty good at it.

>Why am i here?

Because you will be here forever once you started.

Those anons have autism, don't group all of us into that trash

Fluent in Japanese, can do Naruto magic, and slice trough a person with his authentic Nippon made katana.

ARE YOU ME?

Fuck off back to /blog/

check me

Fuck off you normalfag shitter

>this blog thread is still up
No wonder the janitors don't get paid shit

took you 12 years to figure out that most anime is shit

Fuck off back to Retard

You become Japanese.

It's great, you feel complete.

You say that and yet you came unprepared

FAGGOT, stop giving him attention, he's baiting.

Cancer cancer go away

Report, Sage, and hide

I'm a medical doctor, I've watched over 500 anime series and still watch every day.
You can do both, without being a little bitch.

Remember to sage and report.

CHECKEM

Look at these newfaggies!

REEEEEEEEE

Serious answer: I believe you are fucking right. I was talking about that with a friend like a year ago,i was telling her why i hated otakucon

"People there spent so much time watching anime and stay isolated in their anime obsessed fan clubs, they learn social cues from anime --> which makes them extremely weird to be around in real life, they don't notice it tho"
how come? tell me your backstory man

(You) too

Witnessed

Check me again

Finally did it!

>he doesn't have a folder for every little thing
Normalfag.

This is now a dubs thread

Sup Forums has no business here.

Nah, it's just because there hasn't been any decent anime in the past 3 years except NNB.

Rolling for moot

check me again

neck yourself for christ's sake

Where's this image from? Google turns up nothing.

IT BEGINS

>Anyone else is gradually "growing out" of anime watching?

Not really, it's just the kind of anime they release doesn't appeal to me at all.

Nowadays I'm lucky if there's even 1 show I like each season.

YOOOOOO

Who?

what makes me a normalfag?

i don't like labels, i'm just a regular human being who doesn't have an anime girlfriend

Do some people actually learn japanese ONLY for thir love of anime? isnt japanese a SUPER tough langage to learn? Learning japanese could help you if you ever travel to tokyo and want to bed some gajin hunters
so most people here have autism? because it seems to me like it's a majority. Or do i only have that feeling because they are anonymous?

You did it bruh

CHECKED

A person with real taste will not limit himself to a single medium (from a single country, too).

Back in my days...

Jump under a bus

Started watching anime when I was 6. reading manga since 12, now 23 and still love anime/manga, just means you are moving onto different hobbies/interests it happens

Shit thread, shit blog. I wonder what kind of person posts their life story on an anime & manga board. Sounds like some attention whore to me desu senpai, deal with it famalam no one finds solace in your life so fuck off desu senpai

Also if dubs Hiroshima buys me a complete set of blu rays from any show I want just because i actually visited this retarded thread

D U B S
U
B
S