Is it an act of war to fire missiles through another country's air space without permission?

Is it an act of war to fire missiles through another country's air space without permission?

WHATCHOO GONNA DO WHITE BOY COCKSUCKHA MICKEY MOUSE PEPSI COLA??

Yes, definitely

Yes, but DPRK was smart enough to get it above Japanese airspace (high ballistic arc) before it entered their legal airspace. I think airspace ends at 60,000 feet or so.

Only if you're a real country and not being kept around to be the new bogeyman after Russia implodes and China eats Africa and dies from AIDS

At what altitude does the space above a country stop being defined as belonging to it? obviously satellites don't have this problem.

makes sense, commercial airliners need clearance to enter airspace and they fly at 45000+ ft

But that's really fucking high I kinda doubt kims fart rockets flew higher than than but I could be wrong?

>300 km altitude
>air space
the cunt on the ISS that has to contact another ATC every 0.8 seconds to get IFR clearance must hate his job

look at the picture

it went OVER their airspace

Yes, it is an act of war, and war needs to be declared. North Korea cannot be allowed to continue to do this, and i'm 100% certain that when NK is able to destroy SK, Japan, and the USA, they will do it immediately without a second thought, even if they know NK will be obliterated as a result.

Trump urgently needs to launch a full scale attack right now, if China/Russia intervenes, then it just means that the human race ends. Either gamble it right now or wait until it definitely will happen later on.

hilariously accurate on all parts im dying over here...

It went over Japan's airspace, not inside.

i think it's psychological warfare at minimum user since japan put out their alert and woke everyone up at 7am

found the kike

10/10

Roughly, objects above the Karman Line are considered in space, above the atmosphere, and not subject to claims of national airspace.

Some lawyers have argued that if a craft is getting any aerodynamic lift, your still in legally defined air space, but it does not usually matter: most nations lack capacity to defend air space at anything like that altitude, anyway.

The Karman line, lies at an altitude of 100 km (62 mi; 330,000 ft) above the Earth's sea level, and commonly represents the boundary between the Earth's atmosphere and outer space.

Fuck off dumb-fuck americans - Die with your rage

The middle was high enough that there was no air, therefore it didn't violate anyone's airspace.

they were hundreds of miles up

This, and by flying it over Japan they limit US options in practicing shooting it down, since the US would get blamed for debris falling in Japan.

kek 8/10

>Showing ballistic missile range is as far east as it is west
>Being a map that should not be laughed at.

Chose one.

I don't even believe we have the capability to shoot down missiles at this point. All the THAADs and shit are just a paper tiger deterrent or they'd have used them by now.

The Nork missiles they've been firing over Japan are ICBM's. ICBM's travel primarily in space. It flew in space over Japan and dropped back into the atmosphere over the West Pacific.

Russians fly nuclear bombers in our and american airspace and its not a war decleration.

>Is it an act of war to fire missiles through another country's air space without permission?

YES, but that wasn't anyone air space, educate yourself

Sorta. The concept of an "act of war" is dated in international politics. If by "act of war", you mean an action that justifies military conquest of the offending state, then I would argue there is virtually no true "act of war" in the modern system. Modern international law doctrines provide a number of circumstances where the use of force may be authorized, but the lynchpin to all those authorizations is that the use of force must be defensive and proportional.

Thus, if the airspace violation was threatening (and was indeed a violation), shooting down the missiles would probably be okay. Conducting a surgical strike to destroy the launchers is less clear, but possible. Launching an offensive to cripple NK's ability to manufacture more missiles is questionable (though a cyberattack or special forces insertion might be okay).

The facts matter as well. For instance, what was the altitude when the missiles crossed Japanese airspace? These and other facts would be relevant in deciding whether, and to what extent, a military response is appropriate.

kek'd + checked 9/11

They fly into our Airspace Control Zone, not our territorial airspace. They would get shot down.

> An actual answer!

I learned a new thing today. Thanks user.

>The leaf is scared of nuclear war because we said we wouldn't defend Canada from NK if a war broke out

fug u i am

Justin isn't going to save use either

>Some lawyers have argued that if a craft is getting any aerodynamic lift, your still in legally defined air space

Which is a stupid as shit argument, since the ISS orbits so close to the Earth that it experiences atmospheric drag and has to fire thrusters to keep from falling back into the atmosphere. I don't think anyone considers the ISS to be violating airspace just because it experiences atmospheric effects above certain tracts of land.

At last I truly see

Thank you very much.

better with every read

it's not airspace if there's no air

We would probably still defend you if a gook nuke was headed towards anywhere like Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver etc. Those are all pretty close to our border and the fallout would come our way if we didn't so there's that.

they could have permission, dumbfuck

>Using Mercator projection to try and show missile ranges

Fuck off pleb

>airspace
It's not space if there's no vacuum

the ISS has flown over every single nation hundreds of times since it was built, the same is true for every satellite that isn't geostationary

can you find sources for every single nation on earth giving explicit permission for the ISS or any other satellite to fly over them?

She should shoot their test rockets at the poos.

daily reminder that on the real flat earth map america is north of north korea not east

Yes it is an act of war. Japan are a bunch of cowards.

but that's wrong

Yes.

But the Japanese are cucks so they're going to repeatedly allow it to happen and do nothing.

The point is that any direction they tested their missiles it would be over someone's country.

why dont they just do it back?