Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1545

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
docs.google.com/document/d/1pKgBm8Aa58mjB1hYhbK-VOPZsRBTXBuPBzw8Xikm2ss/pub?embedded=true

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1463593179646.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=G5IPArDxO40
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

おそっ

Anyone know where I can find video game manuals in Japanese?

Friendly Reminder

How to tell if something is a shitpost:
>calls the community made guide/whatever method a piece of shit with no reasoning given why
>insults someone giving helpful advice with no reasoning given why
>attempts to create arguments over virtually nothing (eg opinions without facts)
>"spam questions" that are easily answered via a 1 second glance at the guide
>uses obtuse Japanese fragments interspersed with English to attempt bypass people trying to filter the shitposts
>any mention of anime being shit, or claiming that X isn't "real Japanese"
>spells the word as romaji

In the 1990s?

For any year.

all PS4 and PS Vita games include digital manuals in the game's launcher

Fuck Misaki

I WILL TRY HARD TO TODAY AND MAKE SURE I HAVE EVERYTHING IN TAE KIM MEMORIZED FUCK

Don't mind if I do

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1463593179646.webm

clean ur room, you filth

まったく役に立たないダメ子だった。

>that image
悪い

youtube.com/watch?v=G5IPArDxO40

Threadly reminder to not fall for the RTK meme.

Threadly reminder to not fall for the vocab only meme.

>"spam questions" that are easily answered via a 1 second glance at the guide

Fuck you. If you think you're so advanced that you think legit questions are "spam" questions then you should fuck off back to 2ch.

He's referring to literal spam questions, posted by one guy over the course of a couple days where he literally copy pasted beginner questions from months ago.

Threadly reminder to not blindly listen to opinionated people on the internet and try shit out for yourself

>that border
いやだ

>hey guys, just chilling out here with my unplugged keyboard on my chest... you know... as you do
>did you notice that it has no markings on the keys? epic, right? yeah, i paid hundreds of dollars extra for that because i'm just such a nerd xD
>please tell me what a 1337 haxx0r i am every1!

Not even close to animefag's level

>言葉のまま
>まま
What?

What is your question?

What does the まま mean in this phrase, especially when it's at the beginning of a sentence seperated from the rest of it by an comma.

I think you were pretty funny at least fampai

So I just started here
Grinded on Realkana for a few days
Now I pretty much can spot all the katakana and hiragana
Gonna start going hard on anki when I get home

>tfw you realize you're fluent

わたしわにっぽん後!

>people actually think sakura is gone
no you idiots he stopped spamming because he won
He spammed so much that people resigned to posting in threads with his garbage OP image

Quick list of trolls that new people shouldn't fall for. Could we add this to the OP?

1: RTK
2: Learning hiragana before romanji
3:Absurd pacing (I totally so 20 words every day guyz xDDD)
4: Avoiding textbooks like Genki
5: Reading as opposed to listening

Sakura OP has been like 1 out of every 6 or so.

Don't try so hard buddy.

>Sakura OP has been like 1 out of every 6 or so.
The fact that it is any of them means that the spammer is still here

Who gives a fuck if he's here if he's stopped spamming

in a dialect

言葉の隨に
繽紛と

why are you guys putting chinese characters into your japanese?

>毎日学校に行かなくてはなりません。
>two negatives of not doing something means that you MUST do something

JAPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

cute!

So I was doing Anki pretty well for about 2 weeks but then I fell off the wagon for a month. Trying to get back to it today and it's pushing things really far out even if I mark Hard.

Is there a way to fix this somewhere in the settings or am I fucked/have to start over?

your fonts/browser settings are wrong

I'm trying to figure out what the fuck this says.

Literally I'm getting "really, use at sitting damaged child" but I can't figure what this actually means.

I assume it's saying something like "she really was a damaged child" but no idea how to get there from the translation.

Mark as again if you have any trouble with a mature card. That way you can "start fresh" on that card and re-learn it.

日本人になって、どうするんだ?
箸で食べている
布団とカタナを買った
えんかに聴いてる
いつも着物を纏う

でも、まだ日本人じゃない
なにかもあるか?

Thanks. So is basically everything marked mature now because it sat for a month?

>So I was doing Anki pretty well for about 2 weeks but then I fell off the wagon for a month.
Just start over. You can't have gotten very far in 2 weeks anyway.

Examine why you gave up last time and think about what you can do differently this time prevent it from happening again (e.g. if you got discouraged over a poor ability to memorise vocabulary, maybe try doing RTK this time).

>Dis nigger

Hint

役に立つ is an expression

Not him, but no. Mature cards are cards which have an interval of over a month before they are SCHEDULED to be reviewed again.

Yeah. You fucked up, m8.
I've done the same, I stopped doing reps for a month because of school and work obligations, now I need to re-learn tons of cards. I'm putting off finishing the last 300 of those cards right now.

Whoops I misread what you said in this post.
This guy is right:
I somehow skipped over the word 'is'.

>tfw just learned this word this morning and already remember it
anki is not a meme

What "あ"?

>you can't not go to school
Fucking ENGLISH.

No, but everything where you answer that you still remember it even after a month has passed will turn into a mature card immediately, because the next interval is based on the actual time since the last review, not the scheduled time.

Just fail the cards you don't remember and pass the cards you do, to let the algorithm do its thing.

That's Patrick Bateman showing us his numbers.

yup

You've begun reading and you didn't know 自転車 yet? Damn, maybe I should start reading then.

What's the の doing in front of きれいい?

さすがアンキですね

Oh shit, OK so it's "really, a useless and damaged child"?

I'm still guessing that ダメ is short for damage.

just start reading while working on grammar and vocab

Glad to hear it, thanks.

Kanji actually seem to stick with me better than words using them. Not sure what that means for how I should be learning though, but I'm guessing not RTK.

Combine it with the previous line

straight savage

Really nigga?

Not sure if troll but please start using a dictionary or get rikai-kun or some shit

>日本人になって、どうするんだ?
これはおそらく
お前が言いたかったことじゃないよ

Oh I see, thank you

How the fuck can you be on Sup Forums and not know ダメ

Maybe she's continuing it from the previous bubble?

>I'm still guessing that ダメ is short for damage
troll or not this made me laugh. thank you user

Alright, yeah, looking at an alternate form of だめ solved the mystery. I'm a beginner so I ain't never seen an alternate katakana form for hiragana/kanji.

Hey, at least this was helpful to someone. I can only hope someone equally as retarded as me was also helped.

live and learn user

I still don't understand how "xxx-kya ikenai" somehow translates to "must do no matter what"

I think I'll go ask maggie sensei or something

Guys, are you translating pages sometimes in these threads?

Fair enough, ultra beginner mistakes like that don't even bother me, we were all like that at one point, it's just that you can never tell if someone's a troll or not in this thread

ドンマイ

なきゃいけない
なくてはいけない
ない + くては + いけない

If you don't do it it's bad = You have to do it

Nai is just negative, the kuteha just allows it to connect to ikenai, which means bad or wrong

Japanese can use whatever script it wants for words, mostly for stylistic reasons. Katakana isn't limited to foreign words, and "Katakana-words" can be written in Hiragana, pic related

I'm more confused as to why she says 方.
Does that make it a comparison to a figurative thing?

>that one thing that made you take the decision to learn Japanese
What's her name, Sup Forums?

Back in 2011 I was kind of obsessed with Madoka Magica, I wanted to get as much related material as possible (manga, interviews, CD drama, etc.) and the only real way to understand those was to learn Japanese.

すまん
「日本人になるの方は教えてください」いいよ?

no.

I just felt like downloading core one day for shits and giggles. I never really decided that I was going to learn Japanese.

same meaning as バージョン in this sentence

I'm a socially retarded shut in but I feel like shit if I don't feel like I'm not spending my time productively

Learning a language seemed like the best way to be productive without having to leave my house, and since I was already well on my way to becoming a full blown weeb Japanese seemed like the best language to learn

It worked a charm

There was no one thing, but sitting around waiting for translations in threads definitely influenced me the most.

>which means bad or wrong
It actually means 'must not do' in this context

got bored. decided i wanted to learn a language and japanese was the one i was most comfortable with
暖かい

Because it's a reference to her misunderstanding of the kanji earlier.

What's that し doing in front of 始めた?

する

Does いけない not just list that as a meaning because it's so often used in the なきゃいけない construction?

A single circle producing stuff I knew would never get translated. Since starting, they've gotten lazy as shit and what used to be 40+ page CG sets I'd buy every time has turned into 10 page shit for the same price.

It's why I'll never do free translation work, because if someone had bothered for the stuff I liked, I probably would have never learned the language.

If I start to have trouble identifying vocab with similar radical combinations in their kanji, I can just do kanji study through RTK or whatever to help with that at any point, right?

It doesn't matter if I've learned 10 thousand vocab or 10 when starting something like RTK, does it?

I'd prefer not wasting time with RTK unless I get to a point where I feel like I have to.

Yeah you can do it whenever. But if you are of average intelligence you will probably never need it. After you're done with core2k you'll start to see a lot of the same kanji repeating, which makes learning them super easy.

>tfw you realize you can't learn Japanese.

Yes, but at that point you may want to replace the keywords with vocab words you already know, while still following the RTK order