LOGH Shooting the shit thread

I read the first book a few months ago and have been rewatching the anime lately. I really enjoy it, hits a lot of the things I like.

Who're your favorite characters?

I'm a Yang man myself. Lots of great characters though.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7Ed2emwyjeQ?t=14m21s
youtube.com/watch?v=qH8G-lBTUDY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yang, Reinhard and Mittermeyer.

the guy that says something stupid and gets scolded

Yang and Reuenthal.

who u share personality type wit

INTP here

>Kessler
>Outbursts of anger
hmm

He was too pure for this world.

>oberstein
I like this

Reinhard, Oberstein, Mittermeyer, Reuenthal, Muller, Bittenfeld(yes I mean it), Mecklinger and Lutz were all phenomenal. The Empire clearly had the superior cast of characters in my eyes. Yang Wenli, Schenkopp, Attenborough and Poplan were the only characters that the Alliance had that were close to these characters.

I would add Fischer and Merkatz.

Merkatz yes. I had to look Fischer up despite watching the series 3 times

Bittenfeld was the best admiral in the show.

Other than him Reinhard and Attemborough

Fischer was almost always in the background but was clearly critical to Yang's operations. As a character we don't get to know him, but you see how he's the one who takes Yang's orders and translates them into reality, giving the specifics of deployment and movement.

Like at Amlitzer you see him giving the 3 dimensional coordinates to the ships, and when the Yang fleet leaves to take Iserlohn for the first time Yang leans back and let's Fischer handle the deployment.

I do wish there was more stuff about Yang's subordinates tho

Was

>Kircheis' eyes
They really picked the best time to run out of budget.

>based Dusty
feels good man

>tfw INTP masterrace

and too broken

needed nerf

Bucock ;_;

FPA battleships and carriers best ships

it's kinda a vertical and horizontal thing

FPA had top-tier for every rank. Which fits with their "down-to-earth" nature

while the Imperials had just a lot of top-tiers for basically one rank (Admiral). which fits with their elitist nature.

Reminder that while Job Truniht did a bunch of wrong, he came through and did the right things when it really counted.

INTJ

youtu.be/7Ed2emwyjeQ?t=14m21s

>>based Dusty
Said the same thing

The only good thing Truniht did was die.

Why is he so perfect, bros?

>empire storyline getting really good
>switches to alliance storyline in the next ep
fucksake. i liked lebello though. poor guy.

>roll into the homestretch of of LotGH for the first time
>The """""singing""""" for the intro that begins around episode 90
at least the outro is good

Everything about him is perfect.

well, it was optimistic to expect anything better than the apex that was "sea of the stars".
youtube.com/watch?v=qH8G-lBTUDY
can't improve on perfection

muller under appreciated, so fucking solid just the real homie

YOU FUCKING LEFT OUT WAHLEN

WHAT THE FUCK

also silverberche was cool for the tiny amount of time he was there. that model he designed for the future residence of the emperor on phezzan was fucking great.

>tfw latched onto Mecklinger at the beginning because I matched his name to his nice mustache
>figured that even if I couldn't recognize half the characters by name I could still enjoy all the cool exploits of Mecklinger
>mfw it's a "Bittenfield fucks up again" episode and Mecklinger hasn't gotten an appearance in 20 episodes

I always liked Eisenach. The admiral who uses hand gestures instead of talking.

he was a bit too anime bullshit for me

Based INTJ here

>I'm a Yang man myself.
This.

Weird, every time I start a series there's always a thread about it the next time I look on Sup Forums. Loving this so far, can't wait to finish it.

Schenkopp/Yang/Poplan/Cazzelnu on the alliance side. Their banter was just so good.
I didn't like the empire side that much. But mittermeyer and kessler where bros.

Just finished this recently. Wasn't really a fan of Julian. Didn't hate him, but I didn't really enjoy him or the focuses he got. Especially after he takes over Iserlohn.

Am I the only one who genuinely likes the 4th OP? The tone matches the tone of the series as it's winding down, the end of an era, a farewell to heroes and hopes for the future, whereas the previous 3 seem like generic pseudo-opera stuff.

I like the song but the engrish is just so bad that you can't take it serious.
Best op: 3
Best ed: 1

It's Kaneto Shiozawa voice.

>i liked lebello though. poor guy.

Me too. One of the few good FPA politicians. He just took power at the wrong time. If he'd been the head of the FPA Council at the start of the series, or even had taken over after the disastrous invasion instead of Trunicht, the FPA probably would have survived.