Youtube and You™

As of today, Jaltoid and Primitive Technology have been demonitized. Jaltoid is a weeb comedy channel with some kind of risque content, but Primitive Technology is just some Aussie shitposting in the woods with nature.

Grounds for demonitization are clearly shifting beyond just the controversial and the political to the often innocuous, so this had me wonder what factor beyond content these channels have.
The most likely thing I could think of would be Patreon. You wouldn't think Google would demonetize channels for having a Patreon, but on Patreon, users pay different amounts for content from a provider.
On its face, Google wouldn't be competing with Patreon; however, Google launched a paid subscription service on YouTube a while back. If they change a third or even half of their content to subscription-based, it could be possible for them to weather whatever 1st amendment or anti-trust charges were brought against them.

Anyone more versed in telecom law feel free to weigh in.

wow Primitive Tech got demon'd.

Kikes are deathly afraid of white power con fucking firmed.

I've been wondering the same as you. A good number of channels that have absolutely no politically incorrect content have been hit by this, deliberately.
Primitive Tech just reinforces that idea.

>Primitive Technology?

search it on youtube. Just some aussie making silent videos of him making cool things out of basic supplies gathered from nature

how do you know they got demonetized?

Check it out m80, caveman with nothing to living as well as you could in the woods. Pretty neat stuff.

some /diy/-certified youtube vlogger

whiteness is now officially verboten. learn how to innawoods while you can because they dont want you to know how

I would like to know this. He literally did caveman shit. At this point I think they are stealing and repackaging content for their own profit. They are taking all the ideas that have been produced for youtube, and producing them into sitcoms with another name. If this actually happened that pretty much seals the deal for me. Dammit, I really liked primitive technology, it was just the type of ambiance i needed sometimes.

Primitive Tech got demonetized? What the fuck, why? It's literally 100% OC. Just some dude recording himself constructing stone age tech from scratch. On what grounds was he shoah'd? He doesn't use anyone else's content. He doesn't use anyone's videos or music or anything. He doesn't even fucking speak.

Is it just because one guy is better at making a functional society than millions of niggers and abbos?

But how will I lrn2 innawoods if Primitive Technology gets shitcanned?

Did PT monetize his videos, though? I don't think I've ever seen an ad before one.

It's not a conspiracy, it's just that YouTube was spending a huge amount of money paying content creators. They've had to cut back.

I've looked on the primitive technology youtube, patreon, and wordpress, but don't see shit related to this. Do you have a source?

i checked out the youtube, no sign that it was demonetized. maybe the guy got some more views which is alright by me

Buy the SAS survival handbook, Worst Case Scenario handbooks, Anarchists Cookbook and read lots of pre-1990 adventure novels for little tidbits of lifehacks scattered here and there.

Maybe they're trying to stop him before he builds a large oven.

Where did you get the info that PT was demonetized? I can't find him saying anything about it on any of his outlets.

Then they should require you to have a certain number of subs before videos receive monetization or something, but this is just dumb. Demonetizing some guys videos because he's making too much money off of them? And I don't believe that for a second. There is no chance in hell that youtube/google is in any way strapped for cash. They choosing to pay people less because they're greedy, not because they need to.

You may be right and OP may be a faggot. PT was unsubstantiated by a friend, but Jaltoid was.

That may be true, and I always thought it was foolish of people to try to make a career out of YouTube, but I'm attempting to look at this from the angle of Google as a platform for free and open discussion. Google has engaged in shady business practices in the past, and recently with de-listing YouTube videos considered controversial.

In many ways Google has a disproportionate effect on web traffic. Biggest video hosting site in the US, DNS provider, etc. If they begin to go paid on their "free speech" platform, it may have an impact on anti-trust litigation.

Gab is also suing them for removing their app from Google Play.

I'm snagging jdownloader2 and ripping his goddamn videos. I'll archive them and torrent them. I'm not letting them disappear.

lol at this noob shit. if you really want to get down to it just pack a knife or hatchet and hit the woods for two weeks. after the first night your instincts will kick in and you will just naturally know what to do. most pros do that, starting out i would say to do it for about 3 weeks.