What do people mean when they refer to Evangelion as a deconstruction?

What do people mean when they refer to Evangelion as a deconstruction?

-The tsundere isn't dere at all, just histrionic
-The dandere is more of a science experiment than a human
-Mission control are composed of dicks that constantly screw the MC over
-The Caretaker doesn't even know what she's doing.
-MC can't control the robot for shit because of no prior training
-Getting in the mech just fucked him over rather than making him a hero
-Even the mysterious character was just a traitor

basically none of the cliches of mech series work

For example, it's common in mecha that the teenage protagonist is given a giant robot by a family member.

It takes the cliches and tropes of that genre and try to make them as realistic as possible while giving meaning to everything instead of saying "its anime so we don't have to explain it".
Alot of the time it ends up gritty and depressing as real life is desu...
Deconstructions aren't anime as much as they are hyperbole, metaphoric stories of the human existence.

I think it goes beyond just playing them straight to specifically subverting the expectations.

Yup. if you think you know whats gonna happen you dont...
Especially when you get to the movies.

This, subversion of common tropes in mecha anime is what's falsely called deconstruction.

Is 3.33 a deconstruction of eoe?

It means the person saying it doesn't know shit about postmodern literary theory, and is just using a big word to try and sound important.

I barely remember what happen in the 3.33 but if its the one where Kaworu head gets blown to bits then i would call it more of the same. It stayed in it's bounds and gave us what we wanted. It had nothing to deconstruct as that had been done already so more Asuka and Mary with Beserker modes...
Then again Memory was fuzzy desu so idk

How about 9/10s of the movie being more like a BIG MECHA show and not EVA. Too fuzzy to remember that?

Yea. it was hot girls in Giant Evas..
I was trying to be subtle but you brought it out of me. NGE went to shit the moment he wakes out that coma

They mean they dont understand how to use basic literary terms

It's a deconstruction of the typical harem.
None of the chicks actually want the MC's dick, and he ends up going for the homo that appears out of nowhere at the end of the series.

Misato wanted a piece and shinji gave her a piece.
>Kek

Hi

What's the best release on nyaa to watch the BDs?

2d4u

Naked fourteen year olds

>evangelion thread

I'm dedicating my body as a shrine to EVA-001

Tattooing the fuck out of it, call me a faggot and spank my ass, I'll post pics in 2 months

Shorthand for "I have never seen an old mecha show besides maybe the G Gundam dub on toonami, but will still make baseless assumptions about them anyawy"

I imagine for a great many people at the times Eva was likely something of breath of fresh air what with the Brave Saga stuff in full swing along with G/Wing/and X airing in the mid-90's. You are right though, a number of older shows pulled a lot of the same stuff.

I hear this all the time but I still don't know which, exactly, these older shows are.

Because if you're going to bring up Go Nagai as someone that "did EVA before EVA" then that's not a very strong case.