Bad Diet a Factor in 20% of All Deaths

newser.com/story/248701/eating-poorly-a-factor-in-1-in-every-5-deaths-worldwide.html

> Everyone dies, and frequently it's what we eat (or don't eat) that's killing us. The Guardian reports the newest results from the massive, ongoing Global Burden of Disease study show diet is a factor in one of every five deaths around the world. That means millions of people are consuming too much salt and sugar and not enough whole grains, fruits, seeds, nuts, and fish oils.

And the rates are even higher in America that 20%. The news article shows a burger for a reason- the burger is a major cause of American death. Americans live in the richest country on Earth- yet they eat like poor people and die because of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5iTerUmWlqo
arstechnica.com/science/2016/09/sugar-industry-bought-off-scientists-skewed-dietary-guidelines-for-decades/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When I'm 65 I want to be dead for 20 years.

Japs eat rice fish and soy and live until 100 and they smoke every day and fap to anime.

Go fuck yourself.. Put down the chocolate and candy and you will be fine faggot....

Those fries look delicious

Cut down the number of deaths due to bacteria, due to viruses, due to cancer. Then get surprised when deaths due to other factors increase proportionally.

No pity for the low-class, retarded lardass fucks who at no point stopped, looked at themselves, or assessed their physical condition and made a conscious efford not to be disgusting.

I'm by no means a paragon of /fit/, but eating relatively healthy, and exercising even moderately isn't hard. If I notice myself gaining weight or tiring easier than I'm used to because I've been a sedentary piece of shit, I choose to watch my consumption and start exercising.

How someone can have so little regard for their life, over something 100% controllable is beyond me.

I used to be really fat but I adopted that same mindset and now I'm a normal weight. Though I still eat like shit desu, I just watch my caloric intake and exercise a shitload.

Mortality a factor in 100% of all deaths.

Watching caloric intake is the big ticket, my man. Exercising is the gleaming cherry on top. Good for you.

Blackpill: all these studies exist just to suck up money and keep academics employed. We know the fundamentals of diet for ages now. All this whining about mortality rates is talking about having an extra 5-10 years at the tail end of life.

Visit a nursing home sometime and ask yourself how many years past 70 you're really interested in living. The amount of people who will have family to visit them is shockingly low. To have people that care when you're sickly at 80 is real rare.

Those backpatting cunts who deny themselves and work out hard all life long can look forward to sitting around in their own piss 10 more years than the rest of us.

Life is for living, when you're young. You don't get second chances. You won't like having pissed away life trying to aim for retirement.

>be american
>get shot
>fuck, it's that deep dish pizza's fault

>wanting to live to 90

absolutrly fuckibg retarded

>Americans live in the richest country on Earth

the rest of the world must think that wads of money just roll down the streets

the easy living times are long over in the USA. it is extremely competitive here

(although being poor is no reason to eat shitty)

What's the point of living if you have to eat garlic and fish oil and other (((Healthy food))) every day in order to stay healthy? I'd rather eat burgers every day and die at the age of 45. At least it tastes good.

youtu.be/5iTerUmWlqo

processed food is literally poison
it's one of the reasosn canada has an autism rate several thousand times higher than finland. they don't eat as much processed food there.

globalist megacorp food, always loaded with monsanto (agent orange remember vietnam) bt corn and bt soy. it's not corn, it's bt corn. and way too much sugar, which is also gmo, and canola. the rest of the food crops aren't gmo yet though.

eat real food and filter your water

we're probably already fucked anyways, but better to be a little fucked then a lotta fucked usually

I came to live a good life not a long one britbong

Being a fish eater is the best diet so far.

I started only eating meat for dinner and my heart rate dropped like 10 bpm resting

Fish are still largely caught in the wild. When aquaculture really becomes a thing we'll figure out how to fuck them up but good, too.

>burgers are bad for you
Only if you're retarded and don't make them yourself.

>100% whole wheat buns
>95% lean ground beef (similar nutritional value as skinless chicken break)
>veggies of your choice
That's a hearty burger around 350 calories with solid protein, whole grains, and healthy fats if you cook it in olive/canola oil.

The trick is not being stupid and making your own meals.

>study shows vegetarians live longer
>here is one diet where you live the longest and it includes meat
>lol we'll just call it another kind of vegetarian

Well Igor, seeing as how 45 is pretty much the average age men in Russia die these days, you may not have to try very hard to live that dream!

Fuck that cheeseburger looks good. I'm hungry now.

>Visit a nursing home sometime and ask yourself how many years past 70 you're really interested in living.
If you actually take care of yourself, then you will be nothing like those people.
>Those backpatting cunts who deny themselves and work out hard all life long can look forward to sitting around in their own piss 10 more years than the rest of us.
You're a dumb fucking faggot.
You can still eat shit like this and go running for like 90 minutes a week.
That's ALL you need to be health and not be in bad health in your 70's.

Stop talking.

>the burger is a major cause of American death

Worth it.

Reminder that bad health is affecting us so much because we aren't dying to other things nearly often as much. It used to be that you ate horrible things that slowly kill us only for it to never matter because disease or other people tended to kill everything before then.

It's almost 2:30 in the fucking morning and you're practically making me salivate at the thought of eating a burger

This country and world sucks and burgers and fries are some of the only things worth being around for. I fucking hate people

>tfw vegan

Don't eat a lot of sugar. I'm addicted to it, I can barely control myself, but I have some tricks. If you MUST have some sugar, then do it slowly. Don't wolf down a chocolate bar (50% of that is sugar). First, calm yourself by saying "I'm having something sweet, no need to rush". Then eat something like confiture on fresh bread. Take a little spoon, put in on the bread, eat it, wait, browse Sup Forums. This will allow time to get your blood sugar up, but not overshoot.

Because it's not the sweet taste that you crave, but the high of the sugar. The sweet taste is pleasant, but you will never be satisfied only by that. That's why artificial sweeteners are worthless.

Always start eating the most healthy stuff first, when you're the most hungry. Have peace of mind that there's desert at the end, but when you're there, stop, see if you still want it and eat it slowly, slooowly, savor it.

Another thing, if you eat sweet stuff, check the label that it's real plain sugar, not HFCS, high fructose corn syrup or glucose-fructose syrup. They say it has the same calories. It does, but it's digested slower than plain sugar which means it takes longer for the sugar high to kick in. And that, in turn, means you'll keep eating more of the sweet stuff until you feel the high.

When the sugar high is up you stop wanting sugar, it makes you feel sick.

Another trick. If you're used to a lot of processed sugar, you crave more of it. But that crave goes away in a few days if you can hold it and stuff that isn't very sweet will seem so. That is, fruit.

So, always have fresh fruit readily available in the fridge and processed sugar not available. So you can get up and eat an apple quickly, but have to dress up and go outside for sugar.

Speaking of apples. Find a kind that you like and eat those. If you think you should eat apples because they're healthy and force yourself to eat some sour kind that you hate, that's not going to last very long. Same goes for every other fruit. Eat the kind that you enjoy. Grapes, bananas, whatever. Eat fruit guilt-free, even if it does have some sugar. It also has fiber and it's good for you. Sugar is the last resort, go there when it's really bad and even then, remember, slowly, slowly.

>check the label that it's real plain sugar, not HFCS, high fructose corn syrup or glucose-fructose syrup
In case you wonder, why do they use HFCS instead of sugar? Easy, sugar is quite cheap, but HFCS is even cheaper! As far as I know, because of some subsidies for the corn crops in USA, it's cheaper to make HFCS than plain sugar. Avoid it. Same calories and same taste as sugar, but it makes you eat more of it.

I'm in a posting mood.

What is sugar high?

Wellb sugar is like a drug. You eat it and your blood sugar goes up, you feel energetic, alert. That's the high. When you reach that, you don't feel the need to eat any more sweet stuff.

When the high wears off, you feel the low which sucks and you start craving another dose of sugar.

Why do you get fat? Because when you're at the low, you eat a lot of sugar too fast, more than you need to reach the high and more than your body can convert into energy. So it gets stored for later, as fat.

The perverse thing about the fat is that it's the last energy storage that gets used. When your body needs to expend energy, it starts with the sugar in the blood, then continues with some other stuff and only in the very end starts burning some stored fat. That's why exercising to lose weight only results in frustration if you don't have hours to do it the hard way, every day. You build some endurance and stamina, but you're still fat.

The secret is to not store too much fat in the first place.

I've had fat people tell me this and how its an addiction and they just can't stop, but I don't get it. I don't feel anything in particular, certainly not a "high", about chocolate or other food. I just think "this tastes good" and that's it. The feeling of tasting good isn't enough to get me to just keep eating it. Maybe fat people's chemistry is all fucked up.

Literally nothing wrong with burgers, or sugar, or any of that shit. Those people are dying purely because they over eat. Excess calories. Just manage your calories and you're fine. The end.

Anyone who denies this is just some dumb cuck who thinks they have a magic diet.

>tfw your great grandmother Bergljot lived to 104.
She rowed out to the sea by her self and fished until she passed away.

>tfw your mother is 58, but looks like she's 35.
She still gets attention from guys in their 20s.

Feels good to be from Helgeland.

Your mother is a common whore and a Jezebel.

>Jezebel

No, she's married. She kind of looks like this this woman, but better.

Our ancestor's daily diet would be considered unhealthy by what you modern humans would consider today.

Before refrigeration became mainstream, human cuisine was full of preserved goods, you know.

Pretty much everything was cured or fermented to make the food last longer.

As for what our ancestors drank, it was not water at all. Fresh, clean water was a luxury.

Our ancestors drank stuff like beer or fermented drinks instead more often than water.

Our species should have been extinct then because our ancestors had a higher consumption of alcohol and preserved/cured foods in their diet than us even if the alcohol was not as strong as modern alcohol

Everything was salty, oily, fermented, etc back then because there was no refrigeration.

Most nations primarily cooked with animal oil and not things like olive oil which was restricted to a few regions.

Hell, in many cases, people would literally eat slices of fat just to survive winter.

So how did human ancestors survive if they drank far less fresh, clean, safe water than us and actual fresh food was a luxury since everything needed to be salted or fermented or smoked, etc just to preserve it?

Fad diets are also pretty bad.

Everything in moderation. Don't be like Steve Jobs and his All Fruit Diet which fucked him over.

The problem with sugar is fiber.

Sugar naturally comes attached with fiber in Mother Nature in the form of fruits.

What we humans do is obtain that sugar while getting rid of that fiber like for example, sweets which contain a lot of sugar yet have zero fiber.

Fiber helps slow down your body's absorption of sugar.

If everything sweet produced today was forced to have a lot of fiber alongside it, it would really help a lot of people.

But people don't desire to feel gassy or take a dump after eating a lot of fiber that their body isn't used to eating that much.

The diet and living still gave them a very strong immune system, fermented foods is actually very good for if you adapt your body to it. That you say they didn't drink water is bullshit, they got it from freshwater streams in the forest. Eating fat and salt isn't very good for you.

Vegetarians would start dying if they didn't take Vitamin B12 pills.

I like how these vegetarian diets ignore the fact they have to take Vitamin B12.

If your diet involves pills, it is a flawed diet.

exactly this salt is good for you

eat all your calories within an 8 hour window daily and your system will feel better when its constantly digesting food you feel sluggish

Stop following the sweet jew. I'm talking to you, americans.

arstechnica.com/science/2016/09/sugar-industry-bought-off-scientists-skewed-dietary-guidelines-for-decades/

I remember i read that sugar and especially artificial sugars is making your body elder faster. Moderate your sugar and salt intake. I never eat anything with artificial sugar.

IF is the way my man. Lost 90lbs in 450days . So many different variants and they all work. Best thing is I can still drink alcohol as much as i used to.

You're retarded if you think drinking from freshwater streams is safe.

There are actually warnings listed in ancient documents telling people to not just drink water wherever you find it, even freshwater.

There must have been wise men who observed people getting sick or diarrhea more often from water than alcohol.

Safe water to drink was such a precious thing you have ancient kingdoms in places like the Middle East describing Heaven as a place where fresh water streams are everywhere.

Also, by the time, wells were invented, cooking was already a concept so "cooked water" was the only time you were gonna get water to drink without stomach problems.

I guess for those who could afford barrels to collect rainwater during rainy days, there was also that option.

Sorry but the concept of a cup of water to refresh yourself is something that only happens hundreds of years later in human history.

Alcohol, milk, tea, coffee, etc are what you're only going to find in ancient times.

Maybe crushed or squeezed fruit juice as well, but fresh clean water is never gonna be served in many ancient households.

>salt memes

Why is this 80's debunked science still being rolled out?

Unless you are consuming chip shop levels of salt and zero water, salt has little effect on your body. It's a myth like dietary cholesterol and fat being bad for you.

Only reason I see is if the government's admitted they were wrong, they would be sued out of millions.

>Lacto-ovo vegetarian.

You mean vegetarian. Fucking 500 genders bleeding into vegetarianism. If you don't eat meat but eat products from living animal you are just vegetarian. If you eat fish you are a meat eater.

Haha you are full of bullshit, back to plebbit please. It's like Alex Jones was a nutritionist.

this is also true of the cancer world. all this whinging about fighting cancer doesn't fucking matter. what matters is living a life well while you don't have it, which means living (and having a family) while you are young. the phenomenon of extended expected life expectancy is fucking every one up. it certainly did for me and now it's too late.

>usa
>richest country in the world

>le whole grains meme
All bread is high carb trash food; might as well eat a fucking candy bar for the effects it has on your insulin levels. A healthy human diet shouldn't include concentrated sources of sugar or starch at all.