Narutaru

I just finished watching this.
Holy shit, I'm actually impressed at how unbelievably terrible this was.
There was no plot to speak of, the characters were discarded immediately after their episodes ended, the show relied entirely on shock value and gruesome edginess.
I can safely say this is the worst anime I've ever seen.

I've only read the manga. Did the anime still have all the rape and torture stuff?

Read the manga.

Yes except it was a lot tamer.

>Did the anime still have all the rape and torture stuff?
Yeah, I do admit the main bully's execution made me slightly nauseous.
The end was absolutely retarded though, it just ends with Hiroko dying and Shiina going to junior high.
Does the manga at least have the decency not to forget about the other guys? Like the minigun angel and the poison flower-wielders?

The only redeeming feature of the show was the great OP.

0 PACING
P
A
C
I
N
G

Holy shit the direction was so bad like those old obscure anime going through one scene to another

>Does the manga at least have the decency not to forget about the other guys?
hahaha, you could say that.

Read it. Don't you want to go on a ride?

High Nausea rating though. Think of it like riding a Gravitron.

I have to admit I lost my shit and broke into laughter when near the end they showed Akira having killed her father out of absolutely nowhere.

I must salute you user. I was unable to finish it back in the day. But I do keep the OP in my MP3s playlist.

Pic is the "unbelievably terrible" show that I regret watching all of.

>ryvius
OP here, I'm up to ep 22 and it's been pretty solid so far, I enjoyed it.

It would have been a lot bettet if the anime didn't just abruptly stop before even getting close to the ending

Well if you want to watch 10 hours of Lord of the Flies, I guess that's up to you.

It was the last episode that really got me. Seriously, not even a hint of PTSD?

Why was Bokurano so much better?

The problem is that the anime ended before a lot of shit was explained in the manga and also, that the anime changed some things that were important later in the manga story. The manga is extremely well thought-out with many small details having a hidden meaning to them.

because the author realized well-thought out suffering > edgy schlock

Bokurano is great, but it is nowhere near as well thought-out as Narutaru. It's much more character heavy, with it's strengths being the characterization and believable depiction of peoples behaviour in extrem situatuons. Narutaru is more plot heavy with a shit ton of metaphors, whichs interpretation is what makes the manga enjoyable. If you think it's not well thought-out, but you liked Bokurano, I recommend you read it again and pay close attention to everything that is going on as well as stylistic aspects, like colors.

Attaching a bunch of plot points to each other Is something a chimpanzee could accomplish. Character arcs require a lot more thought to not come off as dishonest.

I do like narutaru more though.

Dreams from the womb is the best kitoh work though.

>Attaching a bunch of plot points to each other Is something a chimpanzee could accomplish.
>I have no idea about creative writing: the post

The anime finishes about halfway through the manga. The manga tells a complete (albeit somewhat incomprehensible) story. The anime is a poor adaptation in general - I think it tried to copy the slow-and-meandering pacing of the manga but it doesn't work in that format (especially if you don't have the budget to actually animate it and just rely on close-up stills).

If you thought it was an interesting idea poorly executed, read the manga.

I'm sure some people will tell you to read the manga..
For all intents and purposes do it, but don't go into it thinking it'll be any better, it's just as bad. Author clearly had no idea what the fuck he was doing

Fuck of Narutard

>Does the manga at least have the decency not to forget about the other guys?
>he doesn't know yet
Oh God, user, you are in for a ride.

>Author clearly had no idea what the fuck he was doing
The story likely just went over your head then. You can not like the story of course, but if you think Kitoh didn't know what he was writing and why, chances are good you just didn't get most implications.

Creative writing requires skill, having a bunch of plot points that lead into each other in a logical way requires common sense.

>It was 2deep4u

Naw, kitoh is just an edgelord who likes to draw children quoting pol pot and getting raped. he's a smarter and more self aware urobutchi, not a literary genius.

Pretty sure he knew exactly what he was doing - he just didn't bother to explain it at all. Personally I enjoy the whole total-lack-of-explanation - you get a feeling of what's happening but the mystery is preserved. It feels like there's all sorts of things that have happened that the reader isn't fully let in on, but gets glimpses of.

I can see how someone might not like it though. It doesn't feel like it has a 'plot', as such. There's no sense that 'this happened in order to fulfill the conditions necessary for the story to end'. People just do things and things happen, and then it ends (what the fuck?).