"The anime industry is like a valley at the moment." says Yamamoto Koji...

"The anime industry is like a valley at the moment." says Yamamoto Koji, the main decision maker behind Fuji TV’s noitaminA

>what I really don’t understand is how we’ve come to the state where we have a few works that do well, and then everything else in the industry is basically a failure. 0/100 is something that would never have happened in the past. Even with ratings, even though there are differences, it was never to such an extreme, right? But the home video market is gradually approaching that: the industry is increasingly comprised of works that all otaku buy and works that no one buys. The different isn’t even on a scale of 10 anymore. There are shows that sell just 500 disks, whilst others sell 50,000—that’s 100 times more. But the cost of production is the same, broadly speaking, and there isn’t really that much of a difference in viewer ratings or viewing numbers. As a business, however, this situation of a 100 times difference has come into being, and everyone is fighting for that Madoka-like hit without knowing how we will all end up. But I don’t think it will stop.

>The anime industry is like a valley at the moment, but I feel that we need the generations of creators to become like a mountain in order for us to thrive. I think we’re trying, but it’s a matter of whether we can get out of that valley with the creative power we have. People like me are the ones who support that.

retard frog fag go to hell

Dumb frog poster.

Most stuff nowadays are adaptations that only exist for the sole purpose of promoting the source material anyway.

Thankfully we have based Kyoani to save anime

to think we might have had an actual thread if the OP wasn't so goddamn stupid

Thats because retards keep selling disc for hundreds even when recession looms near

Yeah, they have to change their selling model.

BD prices are absurd and they don't give a shit about selling to foreigners who have more money to spend.

>image.jpg
>499x499
>frogposting
>quote "."
>43 KB
>being french
>being a fucking french from vietnam
WHAT THE FUCK OP

Noitamina has had a some very good, well-made pieces, and some stuff that just didn't work, not as a cartoon or not at all.
That's the biggest problem I see, and it's a rather simple one: anime has gotten lucrative, so writers have started dragging stories in that really don't suit the medium, then adding battle-shounen or moe windowdressing. They superficially look like clones of popular anime (and plenty of otaku fall for the bait), but I see such shows as just the usual entertainment industry hackery chasing the money.
Anime has specific competencies and can do things that other media can't do, and I see plenty of contemporary shows that don't live up to that.

The solution is pretty simple- drop the antiquated overpriced BD model and encourage consistent quality rather than milking one big hit forever.

End yourself frogposter.

Fucking frogshit

It's irrelevant. Decreasing disc prices to an "affordable" level yields diminishing returns. To begin with anime is a luxury good. They don't have to cater to normalfags with little disposable income.

>There are shows that sell just 500 disks, whilst others sell 50,000—that’s 100 times more.
>and there isn’t really that much of a difference in viewer ratings or viewing numbers

What do you expect you dumb fuck of a nip?

People don't have infinite money. If they like a show more, they will probably buy it, even if they like another show too.

Everyone pumping 50 shows a season and expecting every single one to be a Madoka-hit, you are delusional

>and everyone is fighting for that Madoka-like hit
And THERE'S you're problem. If you try and copy shit, you'll only get shit in return.

I should spam pepe to derail threads, it seems.

>what is elasticity

Not present in the anime industry.

Maybe they'll stop making garbage

pepe anime when

These are the kind of retards running the companies?
He'ss just as bad as the newfags in here thnking BD sales are all that matters.
The fact that over 50 shows are made each season and the industry still rakes in over $10 billion each year means BD sales don't matter much.

Its more like a desert
With some oasis scattered here and there that you find every few seasons

>Everyone pumping 50 shows a season and expecting every single one to be a Madoka-hit, you are delusional

How can your reading comprehension be this shit?

>anime is a luxury good

When a valley becomes big enough, its edges start looking like mountains

So it was a mistake after all