Is this even possible or it's just bullshit physics?

Is this even possible or it's just bullshit physics?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M01RmcKsm2k
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speaking_tube
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I assume moving on the side would help, though the train itself is so heavy I'm not sure it would do much difference.
Pretty sure them "pushing" the wall is just bullshit though.

I'm pretty sure pushing works even if they are inside the train.

No considering the number of people are in the train and how the train's weight is significantly heavier.

I can understand them moving on the side, because it would slightly move the train's center of gravity to the right, and this maybe could help get the train back on track.
But I can't see what "pushing" would achieve. For as much as the push the wall, the wall pushes them, but neither is moving. They're not creating anything here, just spending energy for nothing.

i think they aren't pushing the wall

more like pushing the stuffs around so they won't slide to the other side

Just watched that part again, I think they do.
But oh well, I'm ready to accept this much from chinese cartoons.

They are pushing because of the force they need to do to stay on the right of a derailing train in motion. Or do you assume that it would be easy to lean on the opposition of the center of gravity within a ship? No.

They were probably pushing in order to stay against the wall, if you consider the angle the train was at they might've fallen back to the other side otherwise.

If they really wanted to help wouldn't they all get on the ground too?

I'm talking about the initial push, when they run to the wall.

Of course it's possible. Have you watch Speed?

The way they're doing it seems pretty dumb to me. When I push against a wall, I tend to get pushed away instead. I'd grip on something and pull instead. No?
I feel like I'm thinking way too much about this.

all internal forces on a body are balanced mate, all they can do is shift the centroid of mass famalam

to a stemautist like me, this was akin to watching someone push a door that needs to be pulled on levels of retardedness

Kek.
Inside a wagon, you do not pushing a wagon itself, you just pushing a wall and a floor in differenet directions.

When they ran to the wall they transmitted their momentum.

Obviously 'pushing' against the wall doesn't do anything but distributing their weight differently has a significant effect. This is especially important in aircraft, since the centre of mass needs to be located underneath the wing surface that provides the main lift, otherwise the lift will rotate the aircraft around it and possibly cause it to stall.

This is what happened here: youtube.com/watch?v=M01RmcKsm2k

The cargo wasn't secured properly and slid to the back of the plane.

No, every child knows that. I mean, moving to the left side of a train is already stretching the limits of possibility, but moving to the right side of a train is outright ridiculous.

This Russian knows his wagon pushing.

They're retarded peasants, they just think it'll work.

Is everyone who watches this show a retard?

How the fuck do those talk tube work on a fucking train made up of different carriages?

the trains are made of kabanes user
they relayed the message from car to car

/thread

The momentum they generated was countered due to the fact that they were acting against the floor of the train to generate it. All the force they could generate would have been balanced, unless the train didn't have a floor and they were standing on the ground.

>trains
>having floors
What kind of utopia do you live in?

This shit isn't the flintstones, Barney.

It doesn't matter the momentum that they made. What matters is that the shift in the center of mass got sufficiently moved so that the train would get back on the track.

Them pushing on the wall was a result of them countering their own force within their body of getting thrown to the left side of the train because you know it was leaning towards that side. It was not to *push* the train to the right.

nano-kabanes, son

>Series full of zombies with steel-caged heart and has a 12 years old girl with big boobs jumping around dual wielding shotguns
>meanwhile Sup Forums complains about this

Sasuga

>implying it isn't a human reaction
I'd either be pushing on it thinking 'tip back, please' over and over again or trying to get as low to the corner of the wall as possible.

Sometimes you just do things because it makes you feel better. Pushing on the wall is a pointless release of tension and aggravation. A wat to make you feel like you're in control.

Easy. At both end of every carriage there's a relays office. They receive any message sent and write it down. They then attach it to a carrier pidgeon that flies to the next carriage. The relays office there receives the pidgeon, and relays the information by yelling into their respective tube.

This is basic stuff man. Why do I have to explain this?

This.

e.g. pushing a button in a video game 'harder' when performing a tough jump even though it doesn't do anything.

But the princess's voice was coming from all the tubes.

Well she obviously used the officially accepted tube override code. When a relays office receives this code they instead yell the message into every available tube.

The code is only rarely used as it can lead to infinite loops and thereby very sore throats.

it's anime
young girls with tits and shotguns is pretty much par for the course

or texting your ex after 3 years have passed because you still miss her even though you know dead people can't reply

>even though it doesn't do anything.

Pressure sensitive button jumps is a thing. Unless you're playing some kusoge.

No.

Why Hime always end up being meme instead of being actual important part of story?

Why don't they all just move to the top of the train so it starts flying?

> Armor plates are several tonnes a piece
> Crew complement is maybe 2-3 tons if they're well fed

Yes. It will definitely work and is not a jab at Speed.

because trains belong on tracks you fucking retard

So why don't they just jump on the tracks to make those fly?

When they run to the wall they're actually pushing the train's floor in the opposite direction making it tip over even more.

because that would push the world closer to the sun, killing everyone instantly

Only if it's static push. If they dynamically move around, they can exert force on just the wall. But the train is too heavy for this. It's possible to do it to to trams though.

What if they all jumped up and dropkicked the wall instead?

Why are there only human Kabane and not animals
Why are there no animals at all
How do they eat

What? No. If they push the tracks upward with their gravitational momentum, the earth gets pushed down. It's simple preservation of momentum. That is of course unless you do it by night.

Pushing the wall obviously dont do shit since all the force you deliver to the wall you deliver back to the ground, the other way. Standing close to the wall can't hurt tho.

If you do it at night then you'd rocket the earth into space because the sun is gone

What about Himemiya of Utena

Anime is a meme

You're all idiots, goddamm. Yes it works. It the train doesn't tip over by the time they're beyond the curve, then the weight of the will pull it back down on the tracks. Their weight only created a balance so it wouldn't fall off.

Unless you use the moon as the substitute for astrogravitational rebalancing.

I agree,,, only disney make better cartoon.. get out from /a

You're suppose to lean into the curve, but they're just pushing the wall
They're going to make it fall

Pushing against the wall out of desperation, not for any practical purpose.

Astrogravitational re-balancing implies substituting the space-time fabric of gravitational reality with pretentious subjective ideas of momentum based in a system that is self-limited by the Fermi Paradox

>these excuses
it's bad writing and you know it, stop defending this garbage show

Every gram counts.

you watch this garbage show?

>Fermi Paradox

What does the apparent non-existence of extraterrestrial life have to do with a gravatiaionl system?

yes, I watch anime

Shut up faggot. She said "move to the right side of the train" not "lol push the wall guise XD"

you dont seem to understand

That principle only applies to subreal vector spaces with limited Kerr constant. In a system displaying multiple alienation effects a near-implementation of astrogravitational rebalancing can be possible under the application of Buys Ballot's law. We can expect characters in this show to know that since they seem to have at least a modicum of education.

that mean you are garbage

It just works

A modicum of education in what amounts to a transitional period of late edo japan transposed into a pre-steam-punk-esque enviroment matters little. I double even the nobles could describe the non-real differences in constants between the quantum theory of Lewis Convergence and the flip of a fair coin. This is, of course, under the implications that both P. Sherman and Ralph Wiggum were within at least 4 significant figures going by Moore's Law

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speaking_tube

>pictures
this is a text board you faggot
pictures belong in little kid books
grow up

I'm pretty sure this post is a bannable offense. Moot banned someone for doing this in the past.

Who?
>implying Hiroshima Nagasaki gives a shit as long as the traffic keeps flowing

Who?

Who?

Are you really completely ignoring the influence of the Gosling-Sheridan-Naughton Act on the educational reforms of late-Edo-Steam-Punk-Japan's railroad school system? The prioritization of quasi-physical effects that govern Watt-style steam-based mechanics had massive influence on the post-early-Edo educational standards.

imagine you sitting inside a walmart cart. you can still make it move bit by bit. or imagine if you just jump up in the air, creating no force in either direction, then kick something in mid-air, it will create a force in that direction without reflecting any backward force.

not saying that's how it worked here tho

>Moot
who is that?
some shitty attention whore moderator?

this guy gets it

The tipping point of the train is on top, pushing downwards in the opposite direction towards the rails won't make it tip over more.

That. That is just. Seriously. I mean. For fucks sake.Read up on momentum.

seems legit, why are some anons having an autist fit?

Pushing wouldn't do anything, but I had a situation in a bus where almost everyone was sitting on one side abd the bus driver had to ask some of the passengers move to the other side because it was affecting the bus.

>Moot
you mean Moogle kupo?

>you can still make it move bit by bit
I can crash it with no survivors.

I think it's on the same level of pulling up a bucket while you're inside of it, it achieves nothing.

Them moving to the the right can actually have an effect I think, because of the mass shift, but I'm not a stemfag so I'm not sure.

>Them moving to the the right can actually have an effect I think, because of the mass shift, but I'm not a stemfag so I'm not sure.
The effect is reasonable. You don't even need to have done highschool phys let alone higher ed STEM

Would help wedge them in place so their weight stays in the point to try and counter the tipping. Telling people to push > telling people to gather on the side, because the average person is dumb enough to not brace themselves.

The last of romantic tension in this episode made me sad.

>When they run to the wall they're actually pushing the train's floor in the opposite direction making it tip over even more.
>to a stemautist like me, this was akin to watching someone push a door that needs to be pulled on levels of retardedness
>The momentum they generated was countered due to the fact that they were acting against the floor of the train to generate it.
>but I had a situation in a bus where almost everyone was sitting on one side abd the bus driver had to ask some of the passengers move to the other side because it was affecting the bus.
>Them moving to the the right can actually have an effect I think, because of the mass shift, but I'm not a stemfag so I'm not sure.
Education standards have really gone downhill

> You must be 18+ to browse this site
> Highschool fags didn't learn about Newton

What's your point? None of those are wrong, except for the first one.

Never had a fat guy in a small car before? Shock strut systems don't like being off balance.

>put mirrors in orbit
>converge sunlight onto a single point on the surface of Earth
>get an anti-kabane space laser beam
Why haven't they done this?

You're bad writing you stupid fuck. That's exactly how people would have acted when facing this kind of situation.

delete this