Yen press- Konosuba

Can't fucking wait

Other urls found in this thread:

skythewoodtl.com/yen_press/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ho boi

Really? They waste money on this FOTM shit?

We will still get fanfiction , wont we?

How is the manga compared to the LN? Just saw on shitter that they're releasing the manga in November and LN at a later date.

They could have wasted it on [your favorite here].

of course
its fanfic after all

>release one volume every year at best
>drop it a few volumes in once fans inevitably get bored of waiting when there's fanlations
At least we have fanfic this time. A lot of LNs are forgotten entirely once they get licensed and then dropped.

Also, just FYI

as long as the yen press jews dont try to DMCA i'm fine. if they shut shit down like danmachi i'll just finish what i already have and move on elsewhere.

That's already happened.

They obviously will.
And if they translators aren't such faggots like the one from DanMachi was, they won't stop.

good, about time these LN trans grew a set and stick it to kadokawa

skythewoodtl.com/yen_press/
fucking hell

>LN trans
There are no LN translations. Let's be 100% clear on this.

This is a joke, isn't it?

And there we go, proven faggots again.

Non-US fags again getting the short end of the stick.

Not really, there are websites like the Book Depository.

lol, people who don't give you free stuff are faggots now eh?
Sorry, but volume 9 will be the last one, just the principle I set on myself. Don't let me hold you back though, your translations are great.

I won't even try to discuss this with you since it will results in nothing.

>free stuff
There's a Donation link on your site.

That's not a purchase translation button, that's a donate if you like the work that have already been done button.

Just learn japanese already

fucking lazy kids I swear

>>>a/djt/

i just love how these LN trans break the law by translating unlicensed stuff, but the minute it get's licensed they wanna pull the moral high ground. spare me this nonsense please, it's textbook hypocrisy

>Book Depository
i'm not even going to touch this one, toostupid4me

I'm just waiting for
ISBN 9781935548539
ISBN 9781935548522
myself.

That's just drawing the line somewhere and what do you mean by moral high ground? High ground relative to who?

>release one volume every year at best
actually, Yen press release 3 volumes of Index every year

>moral highground
The reason why theyre even translating is because theyre making an accessible channel for the fans who cant read moonrunes.
Once its out in a native language its pointless for them to continue translating so now you can actually support the people who made it through an official source. And yes I know Yen Press is slow.

4 per year, actually.

>fanfic
I don't get it.

3-4 volumes for each LN a year isn't slow.

tell that to the mahouka fags

>another drop by sky

I have more of a problem with their need to grab something the second it's popular despite already having way to many LN as it is also some of their translations are meh probably from giving them to their c team.

>waiting 20~ years to catch up to Mahouka
no thank you yenpress.

For people who have been reading the title through fan translations, they understandably get upset when they are no longer able to read new fan translations for the sole reason that a company will get around to localizing volumes beyond the fan translation years down the road. Especially when such things are much rarer in anime or manga due to a combination of fan translators not caring and the official efforts doing a better job of releasing titles at the same time.

They also do see it as hypocritical that a fan translation group goes out of their way to justify blatant copyright infringement, even ignoring DMCA notices in this case, until a US publisher announces it. It's understandable to draw the line somewhere and I personally don't fault you guys for doing so, but for those unhappy about the situation it's also understandable that they don't see the difference between copyright infringement before it was picked up and after it was picked up, especially because the official translations won't pick up progress wise anytime soon.

by translating something kadokawa doesn't want them to do, licensed or not. dont pretend to give a shit about supporting the author just because of a license when you had no problem putting out their work for free against the wishes of the property holders when they weren't looking. (sometimes even excepting donations for it)

if you dont want to do it because now someone else will, fine, but let's not pretend this is about 'supporting the author'. most of the people who read fantrans are the same ones buying the physical releases in spite of them being localized to hell or even buy the raws because they know the author will actually see a good chunk of that money. so let's also drop the "muh you just want something for free" BS.

Are LNs genre popular in western? people buy LNs in english?

it's a niche market and in the case of physical release, like everything else in the west, a dying one

Considering that all the popular titles are continuing to get licensed, and that Kadokawa felt it was a worthwhile investment to acquire a controlling interest in Yen Press, someone is buying them.

There is a lot of demand for books that middle and high schoolers can read, often called Young Adult (YA) fiction. Many LNs are suitable for that.

>most of the people who read fantrans are the same ones buying the physical releases in spite of them being localized to hell or even buy the raws because they know the author will actually see a good chunk of that money.

By most, do you mean 5%?

>you had no problem putting out their work for free against the wishes of the property holders when they weren't looking.

But I brought them plenty of sales according to your other point?

>most of the people who read fantrans are the same ones buying the physical releases
Youre projecting pretty hard right there. Also, im not the translator so i dont know why youre going all ad hominem about MY intent vs whatever the fuck their intent are.

don't bother m8, keep the good work

>It's a thread where people who read the fan translation shit on YP and spout crap like 1 volume a year thread

Look, i know you guys are mad YP caused your translations to stop but the only reason that has occurred because the translators for LN's are incompetent fags who don't know about keeping their identity hidden and thus allow them to get traced.

If manga adaptions of LN's can get localised and then even still get translations without a problem of getting taken down, then that says a lot about the people who do LN's.

Why do people read light novels?
They're shit.

Thank god, I won't have to read the shitty fan translations now.

>Cover not final

What did they mean by this?

Jew Press needs to die in a fire

>spout crap like 1 volume a year thread
It's not crap though, Yen Press is notorious for licensing shit, releasing 1 volume, seeing it doesn't do as well as they expect it to do and then they drop it while keeping the license.
The problem is everyone could've told him that stuff like Korean Zombie Desk Car wouldn't sell, and they still license it, release some shit and now they haven't done shit with it for almost 3 years.

so much truth here it hurts.

guess it's time to switch to the manga community be done with this same song and dance

So we have to wait ~2 years for the official volume 10?

Thanks for all your hard work

It means that the final cover image is subject to change before release.

They will probably change the title into English.

Also
>who read the fan translation shit on YP
Do you actually think that Yen Press translations are a lot better than decent fan tl? They're not. Hell most of their translation staff used to be fan translators and not even the good ones.

Isn't this old news? Why is everyone sperging about it now?

Aimless copyright trolling is still trolling.

They didn't have a license before, they just send a DMCA notice to skyth ewood.

The announcement of Yen Press having the license was just made at Anime Central earlier today. Granted everyone had expected it for some time now though.

>remembers what they did to no game no life
>they don't bother with honorifics outside of the occasional mr/ms
>they replaced names that start with R with L
>their tendency to fuck up names in general
>changed dialogue to sound more "politically correct"
>most releases dont even offer a digital format
>paper quality is rubbish
>frequent misprints

Yup, quality translations.

>Index
>log horizon
>Durarara
>Devil is a part timer
>Accel world
>Hestia

These all have 2 or 3 volumes come out in a year.

Fuck off with your bullshit.

I look forward to the hardcover Baccano.

>Great news for everyone who wants a quality translation! Yen Press has picked up this project.

>This site started because they DMCA me without licensing anything, which was just stupid.

>Now that they have licensed it, it is only right to stop since they are releasing an official version. Not right to deny the author her share of the profits.

Emphasis on
>Now that they have licensed it, it is only right to stop since they are releasing an official version.

>decent fan tl?
Pfft do you know how rare as fuck this is?

Don't know why some of them attempted with monogartari like they are capable of handling Nisio tier shit.

Anyways i don't care, your translators are just a bunch of retarded pussys anyways so enjoy seeing your fav series get DCMA'd left and right.

Another good series condemned to death.

>mahouka just now getting volume 1 out even though it's been licensed for ages
> delays for multiple series including SAO progressive which was already caught up
> 2-3 releases still means upwards of 3-5 years to catch up on index, mahouka and all the other long running series they've been sitting on

>bullshit

Don't think I'll read/buy, the voices really carried the show.

Yen Press killed the Strike the Blood fanbase though.

What , it had a fanbase? Anime was shit , dont know ln tough.

>Thinking a book company can just dish out 5 or more books a year
>Not understanding moderation and sales

You don't see japs do this or even normal fiction books do it so don't be retarded.

But yeah go on, name more examples because just listing Sao isn't good enough.

There was gonna be a LN fanbase since people were interested in reading it but Yen Press just put it on their ever growing Backlog of Licensed Novels they probably only plan to release after the Japanese Olympics which by that point, everyone stopped caring.

Strike the blood is so garbage only the fanservice in the anime was the good points so i don't see why people would result to reading that trash in book form.

>Yen Press is notorious for licensing shit, releasing 1 volume, seeing it doesn't do as well as they expect it to do and then they drop it while keeping the license.
When has Yen Press done this, ever?

ITT: mad poorfags

Most Of yew press releases get ripped anyway.

People don't get mad because they are being released for money, but because it stops translations for years.

>more examples of delays

you're kidding right?

>not understanding that digital releases aren't subject to supply and demand rhetoric companies keep spouting to keep the money in their pockets and out of the middleman's

keep drinking their koolaid. meanwhile kadokawa annouces bookwalker with hopes of simultaneous releases. they can and eventually will be able to put out content faster, but by then they will be able to dictate how you read it via their awfull apps and DRM ridden formats.

but go ahead and keep being a sheep

I like to put emphasis on
>Vanir fanfic will be uploaded starting next week, and fanfic 9 will be the last volume to be worked on.

Thank you Sky.

Damn you really are delusional and don't know how shit works huh?

You seem mad to be disregarding basic grammer too but regardless, I won't be mad if that brings in more official translations so whatever.

>grammer
Nice try.

where's my fucking second season?

You realize they own a lot more than your cherry picked examples?

>Yen Press's shitty localization

Thanks, OBAMA!

By the way Death March LN and manga got picked up by yen press too.

Another great LN dead because of nigger-press.

By the way is jcafe kill? Cant go there for more than a week. And here i was waiting for the no game no life translation update.

Basically yes. 2 years at minimum. Holy shit this sucks.

DONT STOP THE FANFIC PLEASE

If that is their reasoning, how do they morally justify translating titles that anyone with half a brain knows are going to be licensed just because they haven't made the official announcement yet?

I hope you people realize that you can't fight with them to make them continue. At most you can ask and hope

I wonder when Vertical will announce what they picked up after that poll in April.

Too bad, the fanfic was great

Everyone will have big announcements at AX.

They'll only do that next year.

I still don't understand why translators don't have a dark-net hub yet. IPFS is perfect for this shit, it's already usable for (static content) and everyone can access the resources unlike TOR.

You would think after translations getting shut down so frequently translators would band together to make something DMCA-proof.

Not wanna sound crazy, is it true by all means to have first volume after the Japanese Olympics.

I didn't know we had a fanbase dedicated to StB.

You're being retarded. Most translators TL stuff because they enjoy the series and want to spread the word. While it may be illegal (or at least, in a legal gray zone), the fact is that once something gets licensed one of the main reasons you're doing it - to help spread the work - is moot. That said, in some cases it makes sense to continue a fanTL because licensed releases will often take ages to catch up to the fan TL and will never catch up to the current Japanese release, but that is up to the discretion of the translator. As for me I never drop a series I'm working on because it got licensed but I can completely understand why somebody would do it. There's always more stuff to work on; if something is going to be translated by somebody else anyway, and officially, there isn't much point in wasting your time when you can put effort into helping spread some other author's work. You are assuming that translators think about things the same way you do, when they don't.

We're just looking at this from our perspective, which equals to NO NEW KONOSUBA FOR YEARS, and it hurts user