Is there any other anime like Kaiba? I like how it's weird but at the same time has a logical consitancy

Is there any other anime like Kaiba? I like how it's weird but at the same time has a logical consitancy.

No recommendations?

eyes still closed

dat space dandy episode

Saw it, anything else?

I know Fantastic Planet is similar too

Fuck it, I'll go watch Kaiba again

Cat Soup

Not the Nekojiru tv series, the movie/ova.

Great recommendation, but I saw it.

Paprika gave me a similar vibe in some ways.

Dead Leaves is also strange and stylish, but is also way more about the action.

Reminded a bit of some trippy games like Yume Nikki too.

Thanks, also great recomendations. Saw/Played them too though.
I'm out of Kaiba so have a FEMALE PIG for the road

Very few full-on "anime" series like Kaiba, most work like this takes the form of independent animator shorts. Besides other stuff by Masaaki Yuasa, check out older Studio 4C stuff, one of my favorites is Morimoto Koji.

If you really want more superflat there's also Alien9, but ehhhh..

Happy Machine

>older Studio 4C
Yeah, that stuff was great. Peak of anime for me.

> Alien9, but ehhhh
Really? I love Tomizawa, especially his mangas, even though they turn into a terrible clusterfuck at the end.

Yeah, I guess I saw everything already.

Shit man, you might have seen it all. What about manga though? Dorohedoro might be up your alley.

>Dorohedoro
Yep, one of the first manga I read back when there were just a few volumes scanlated. I know Yume Tsukai, and Milk Closet is also pretty similar too.

So sorry! I forgot the pig

There really should be more, but none that I can think of.

In terms of manga, there's always Murai's stuff. Really recommend Cat in the Car. But there really needs to be more like Kaiba in the world.

Will I still enjoy this if I never liked Yugioh that much?

Holy shit, you did it user, that looks awesome! My Friday night is saved.
Anything else?

You will enjoy it a lot more actually

Abe Youichi's manga might scratch the same itch. Admittedly I haven't read much of it yet but they seem to have that same weird and somewhat morbid mood that Kaiba has.

i wish the second half of kaiba never happened

Thanks, looks great as well. I guess when it comes to manga I'm still ignorant

The second half of Kaiba was very odd and had too many "twists" that were just plain out of nowhere.

The first half reminds me of a much darker version of The Little Prince

>small blonde-haired boys in green going from planet to planet, observing the strange ways of life there, and simply leaving

>I guess when it comes to manga I'm still ignorant
Yeah, I feel the same way. There's so many weird manga out there, I guess the low barrier to entry compared to anime means lots of different ideas get published. Someone who knows more about manga would probably help you better I.

It's probably nowhere close to what you're thinking, but for some reason Princess Tutu came to mind.

Thanks, I actually heard good things about it and wanted to check it out

I wish more shows would take a crack at that kinda story telling. The only ones I can think of are the first half of this and also Kino's Journey, neither of which were really satisfying. I guess there's Mushishi, which I read but didn't watch.

>OP posting Kaiba
>now posting Mitsudomoe
I wasn't aware they were similar

i wouldn't say it's a great deal LIKE kaiba particularly but Kemonozume by the same director is also worth checking out if you havent seen it

Maybe Nijigahara Holograph or Asano's other stuff

I ran out of Kaiba pics but thankfully I have plenty of my waifu

> Nijigahara Holograph
You're a god damn mind reader because I was literally trying to remember the name of this manga not 5 minutes ago. It's fucking freaky

Huh, actually didn't see it. Reminds me of Paraztye. Didn't know he also made ping-pong too.

This is repulsive. Recommendations belong in /wsr/.

Quit trying to push your new boards chink moot. Just give us /l/ already. Also, I doubt anyone on /wsr/ even saw Kaiba

It's not that bad once in a while. We hardly have any Kaiba threads as it is.