ITT: Anime or Manga that are underrated/not well known but actually good

ITT: Anime or Manga that are underrated/not well known but actually good.

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-17/kuzu-no-honkai-scum-wish-manga-gets-tv-anime-in-january-2017-on-noitamina/.99906
youtu.be/9br-fD5nAYI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lilina is best girl.

Basilisk, whenever I mention it nobody seems to have heard about it let alone care for it. But it was a really well made and enjoyable, plus that soundtrack.

Boku no Keit-Ai

My dick is pretty underrated desu.

Not really

Shes a cuckquean

That series is neither, only reason it doesn't get talked about much is MangaBox is inconstant with releases and every chapter is too short (like with every damn series they translate).

no, really this manga feels "fresh" for me. Its unlike other romcoms. Only thing I don't like is the slow pacing, other than that it has a very good concept

this

Heard good things about boku no pico

I remember reading a chapter in that where the panel starts with MC guy finding the twintail girl and literally after 20 pages of him just walking around school does twintail girl show up, there, ends the chapter. I just had to drop it.

Never seen a thread of this one, but i'ts good

Also koi to uso a shit.

First series yes. Second series not so much.
The new characters with reserialization were pretty boring overall. It was interesting up to like chapter 30 or so, then just got stale.

Freesia is pretty fantastic. About a bunch of people that act as surrogates for the victims to get revenge on people that committed crimes. There's also a large amount of crazy.

>Second series not so much.
For me it was the opposite, first was good, second was ok until chapter 50 or so. When the storylines started to converge i felt it went back to being good again.

The new MC is kinda bland tho, he gets development and "mans" up but ends up doing lots of stupid things right after, specially in the recent game of cops and robbers. And the previous main characters appear more like cameos.

World Embryo.
This ones hard for me to peg down the plot.
Essentially there are Kanshu (monsters) and FLAG the people who deal with them. The Kanshu erase memories so no one but people with Jinki (aka FLAG) can remember what happened.
Lots of twists and turns going on, so I'm keeping this spoiler free.
MC goes through a fuckton of development, and pretty awesome side-characters to go with it.

honestly, its pretty good

Everybody knows and likes Freesia.

A Method to Make the Gentle World
This is a SoL, romance, drama type thing, there was a shitstorm on Sup Forums when this ended because people can't understand obvious hints dropped in the ending omake. Or maybe disliked who won.

This shit isn't really that good. I want an anime so badly, though.

Fourteen.

I only picked it up because of the One Page Threads but fuck I had a blast with it.

The Ancient Magus Bride is also something amazing I read recently, but I have a sneaking suspicion I'm the slowpoke on that train. Doesn't change the fact its really great.

Ai Ren.

Be prepared to cry like a bitch.
MC has incurable disease which will kill him, genetically grown humans are given out in these cases to help ease the pain/mental burden on such patients.

A classic.

The ending implied that less smart girl won the bowl right?

Freesia is just a shitty MPD with ugly art.

I want to make a thread because I've always been confused on certain plot points but I'm afraid the thread would die before I caught anyone.

Also Helck. But I think most people have picked that one up too.

Yes. She drops by his house to say hello and then it flashes forward to MC at genius girls' talk. MC then asks her for help with the girl who had dropped by.

Kaguya Want to be Confessed to.

This is hands down one of the funniest things I've read in a long time. It's about a boy and girl trying hard as fuck to outplay each other in romance.

There have been a few threads about this series, so maybe people already know.

Helck is probably the best shounen ongoing.

This

The obvious solution is to just dump the whole thing.
It would take a while to get through everything, though.

Keyman: The Hand of Judgement.

Tits, Lolis, Dinosaurs, and Superheroes.
Any of those words catch your eye?

Seriously go read this. I can't believe it went under my radar for so long. It's going to end soon or seems like it so get on the hype train now.

The cover makes you think it's a horror manga but after reading it, all I could think was how cute

It's getting one.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-17/kuzu-no-honkai-scum-wish-manga-gets-tv-anime-in-january-2017-on-noitamina/.99906

Might consider it one of these days.

Any underrated seinen romance ?

user, that's Koi to Uso. Koi to Uso and Scum's Wish are two different manga. Don't get my hopes up like that.

Kyou no Yuiko-san
Slice of Life, Romance.
You are not prepared for the pure.

It's still ongoing, but one of those series that pops into my mind pretty often.

I gotta catch up on Yuiko-san since I'm like almost a dozen chapters behind.

Oh shit, yeah, gotta need some sleep.
Sorry for gettin' your hopes up, how the hell did I confuse them.

It's enjoyable, not the most original or best thing ever created but a fun read. It's coming back soon, normally.

Dumped all of it a few weeks ago for the 3 anons reading it.

It's okay, I think it will get an anime someday. Get some sleep, user. Love you.

Mouryou no Yurikago (Cradle of Monsters)
Same mangaka that did ERASED.
Survival, Drama/Horror, Tragedy

Ship capsizes and now there are zombies trying to kill people. If that wasn't bad enough there are also people killing for fun.

I think it's pretty solid overall, but like all of the series done by this mangaka the ending lacks a punch.

Ran to Haiiro no Sekai
Comedy, Romance, Fantasy, SoL, etc, etc (there's some tragedy sprinkled in)
The art of this mangaka is so absolutely fantastic I can't stress it enough. There were threads about this series but it was well over a year ago.

A young girl learning to control her magical powers and growing up.

One of my absolute favorites.

Feudal Japan Romeo&Juliet

It was a pretty enjoyable read.
It's basically Titanic of the Living Dead.
Surprisingly, Miyamura(the hysterical girl) was my favorite character.

Fucking this! I wanted a little more of the brother messing around high school
I mean that shit was fantastic when he went beast mode on every female in that place

She was pretty good. I liked all the girls in the series, especially brown waifu. She got shit done.

He got best girl to top it off. I really wanted him to fuck with this chick more.

Oh yeah, looking forward to the next chapter, although I can't remember much it's been so long

Wasn't there some character that got completely forgotten about? Yukari or something?
The one with the wooden sword.
Wish she'd come back

Yeah, it was criminal to have her be so interesting and yet barely do anything with her
I wanted her to start a rivalry with Best girl and investigate the magic that was happening

Anything like this? I just read all of the chapters that are out and it awakened an itch that I need scratched. Haven't felt like this since I read xxxHolic and Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle when I was like 14. I need fantasy adventures with the same sort of mystical atmosphere.

The one calling Sotomura anego, Yukari, and the class officer both disappeared, they were respectively replaced by Himeki and Mikumo.

Team Medical Dragon
Sadly unfinished, I wish someone would pick it up and end the series.

BUT- I'm still fucking recommending it because it's awesome. If you like medicine/surgery, moral dilemmas, and the internal conflicts unseen at hospitals. This is the shit. I can't even explain it properly, it's just that good.
Japans medical system is crazy as balls and this fires shots on all of it.

Not ONLY that but we also have an Intern character who mans up and becomes one of the most based characters. Go fucking read this.
It's one of my absolute favorites. Translators pls

>ugly art
fuck you

Majo no Shinzou is what you need, it's finished to. Majo is the one that made me get fantasy adventure, and Mahoutsukai fufilled it.
Just finished it a couple weeks ago, pretty fucking good. Not mentioned much though

It's Enjoyably Stupid
Really it's the manga I always wanted plus Commoner Girl is best girl

Also recommending by the same author

Yuureito
Mystery, Horror, Drama
This is a weird story, but essentially a case goes unsolved for years and if you can solve it... Well you'll be rich and famous. Lots of oh fuck did that just happen.

What I can't understand is Yuureito got finished which is subpar compared to Team Medical Dragon. Maybe it was the tits that kept translators on it.

It fucked with me Sup Forums

It's great. For the longest time it was on my wish list of manga never to get translated, then raws were dumped on Sup Forums and anons delivered and kept delivering.

I love Keyman, but last time I read it it had like maybe 14 chapters out. I'm not sure how far behind I am, but it seems like one of those series where you're better off forgetting until its far enough along, lest your torture yourself waiting for new chapters.

I gotta say though an anime by Trigger or something would fit it perfectly though. Like I honestly though Sex and Violence with Machspeed was a spinoff of this.

>You are not prepared for uptight, brainwashed bitch.
It's like she's completely incapable of thinking for herself, and she's presenting that 'work hard til you die and never step out of line' thing that's hinted at as being the core of Japanese national character, or used as a theme, in many series as a good ideal.

tits are a great motivator

team medical dragon also had great tits for the first quarter but he did away with them

If it's underrated it was just because it's actually shit.

Prove me wrong.

Helck isn't shounen

I think you mean
pic related

great taste user.

It's far from underrated and pretty much considered Ufo's best adaption.

Loved this

Can confirm this. Best adaptation from Gonzo 9/10.

Came here to post this.
Literally perfect romance manga 9.5/10. Also the author is female, no wonder this manga has satisfying ending.
youtu.be/9br-fD5nAYI

>Pic related
Kami sama ga Uso Tsuku. Sweet romance, but kinda bitter a little. It has satisfying ending too.

Is there any sweet manga with satisfying ending similar to Ran?

I really liked this one, specially beacuse it doesn't stick to the typical cliches

>Kami sama ga Uso Tsuku
Oone of my favourite short romance series. I really liked Immortal Rain too.

Forgot to mention this.
Kemono no Souja Erin, one of the best IG work. This show is not only sweet & comfy but also deep at the same time.

The time when she tell how her granpa died kinda break my heart. Also, her father should kill himself.

Saikano
Sci-fy, Romance, Drama

If you forgot about the surnatural stuff it's one of the best despiction of high school romance.

Naruto
Hunter x Hunter
One Piece
Bleach

This.

>Hunter x Hunter
Fuck off with your obscure animes.

Good taste user, really wish more people knew about it, though I'm a bit worried on where the plot is going, right now it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Math autist.

Is this Ichi the killer?

His story was sad as fuck, and her mother's too.

yes, it is

my nigga

Kakukaku Shikajika and One Outs.

Strongest Man Kurosawa.

Essentially Watamote: 40-year-old man edition.

Mahou Tsukai no Yome is a gem

Sotomura a cute

is mc fucking the trap yet?

But not so much as it is undersized.

>Less known

What? It gets 250+ post threads every time a chapter is released. It's a pretty popular manga for Sup Forums, especially being that it's fairly new and just came back from hiatus.

That said, yes it's fucking amazing. The only bad chapter so far was the cockroach one. Every other one was godlike.

Bokura no Kiseki, a Reincarnation fic without the cliche's found in WNs nowadays.

Well, with the possible exception of the MC formerly being Royalty

>Lilina
>Not Nisaka

Still a little peeved the anime by WIT is gonna be a prequel OVA instead of a faithful adaption for the first 20 or so chapters

Yuusha ga Shinda is pretty fun.

Has it been revealed what the prequel OVA will be about?