Study proves that conservatives have lower cognitive ability

Analytic thinking undermines religious belief while intelligence undermines social conservatism, study suggests

>Religion and politics appear to be related to different aspects of cognition, according to new psychological research. Religion is more related to quick, intuitive thinking while politics is more related to intelligence.

>The study, which was published in the scientific journal Personality and Individual Differences, found evidence that religious people tend to be less reflective while social conservatives tend to have lower cognitive ability.

psypost.org/2017/09/analytic-thinking-undermines-religious-belief-intelligence-undermines-social-conservatism-study-suggests-49655

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289609000051
psy.miami.edu/faculty/mmccullough/Papers/Relig_self_control_bulletin.pdf
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289616300757
verdantlabs.com/politics_of_professions/
papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2002636
journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=9945048
cdp.sagepub.com/content/23/1/27.abstract
papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2239819
ssrn.com/abstract=2239819
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0050092
heterodoxacademy.org/2015/09/23/how-marcuse-made-todays-students-less-tolerant-than-their-parents/
nytimes.com/2010/07/19/opinion/19douthat.html?_r=0
wired.com/2010/09/kill-whitey-its-the-right-thing-to-do/
washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A8427-2005Mar28.htmlAtelite
washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A8427-2005Mar28.html
nytimes
unvis.it/www.nytimes.com/2010/07/19/opinion/19douthat.html?_r=0
wired
unvis.it/wired.com/2010/09/kill-whitey-its-the-right-thing-to-do
washingtonpost
unvis.it/washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A8427-2005Mar28.html
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289616302677
diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:738733/FULLTEXT01.pdf
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289614000373)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Scientific thought saved me from depression and helped me discover Buddhism

Intelligent people are more likely to go to college and become victims of cultural marxist propaganda
Nothing to see here

> “This research is partly motivated by the observation that the growing religiosity, anti-secularism, and anti-science sentiment across the world seemed to go along with the spread of simple ideas about the world that have intuitive appeal."

hmmm

>Giving any credence to this study
It's fucking bullshit, smart people wouldn't fall victim to Marxist propaganda, you fucking pleb.

yeah but why did you use a picture of ted cruz, who was described as an off the charts genius at harvard?

So, I have read studies which say the opposite, and that only very stupid people believe studies which say liberals are intelligent.

>study suggests
>suggests
I'm so sleepy

Not all conservatives are uneducated. Just like not all liberals are retarded.

>Study proves that conservatives have lower cognitive ability
>Unquestionably true
>Study proves that blacks have lower cognitive ability
>RACISM
Why is the Left so anti-science?

Wasn't the last "Research" piece that did this flipped? When others looked into and tested it, they had found the opposite results.

I wish someone would post the PDF. I'm off my uni network and can't be bothered to get this drivel.

Calling it now - some colossal R-squared of 0.29 or something involved. Same as with all of the politicized "conservatives are teh dum" """"""""studies"""""""".

>atheists hamsterwheel themselves into having fifteen genders, an anxiety disorder and a drug habit
>scientist: that is so introspective!

we is not dumber >:(

No they haven't social conservatives have had lower IQ and lower cognitive points in almost every study. The only conservatives that had higer

were Libertarians

Shitlibs love their unattributed "studies" that prove things. Citation nee

Everyone already knows that cuckservatives are bunch of morons

Libshits are too smart for their own good.

>m-muh consensus

Hey faggot, I am a libertarian. You are the idiots that said that their where studies where this was not the case. Show them
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289609000051

>tfw to intelligent too make good decisions
psy.miami.edu/faculty/mmccullough/Papers/Relig_self_control_bulletin.pdf

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289616300757

Explain to me then why is it that every self-proclaimed left-winger I have personally met also happens to come off as unintelligent. They possess little to no knowledge of mathematics, history, philosophy, art...

Also to point out that I view most American conservatives as liberals anyways.

>"proves"

voting to have your population replaced apparently takes massive cognitive capabilities

>analytic-thinking-undermines-religious-belief
thats the most islamophobic statement EVER

you will find your self surrounded by fat dikes in flannel with t shirts that say it was her time under the flannel shirts. they will call you xenophobic and a racist and then they will be upon you

Because you are an idiot that relies on anecdotal evidence instead of actual studies.

Almost every science and STEM fields has a huge left right split
verdantlabs.com/politics_of_professions/

Islam relies on social conservatism, just like every religion.

>tfw to intelligent to be unbiased
The more liberal someone is, the more likely they are to unjustly discriminate on the basis of politics. Source:papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2002636
Conservative psychologists face discrimination that liberals do not notice. Source:papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2002636
82% of psychologists are explicitly willing to discriminate against conservatives. Source:journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=9945048
The field of psychology is rife with progressive bias and intolerance of conservatives. Source:cdp.sagepub.com/content/23/1/27.abstract
Liberals are equally as intolerant as conservatives. Source:papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2239819
Conservatives are happier than liberals. Source: ssrn.com/abstract=2239819

Liberals consistently underestimate the compassion of conservatives. Source:journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0050092
Liberals view themselves as more compassionate than they really are. Source:heterodoxacademy.org/2015/09/23/how-marcuse-made-todays-students-less-tolerant-than-their-parents/
Young people who advocate for social justice are less tolerant than their peers. Source:heterodoxacademy.org/2015/09/23/how-marcuse-made-todays-students-less-tolerant-than-their-parents/
Conservative and rural Whites are discriminated against in college admissions. Source:nytimes.com/2010/07/19/opinion/19douthat.html?_r=0
Liberals value the lives of Black people and foreigners more than the lives of White people and Americans. Source:wired.com/2010/09/kill-whitey-its-the-right-thing-to-do/
72% of American college faculty are liberal, while only 15% are conservative. Source:washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A8427-2005Mar28.htmlAtelite
American colleges, 87% of faculty identify as liberal. Source:washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A8427-2005Mar28.html

Let's archive it

>nytimes com/2010/07/19/opinion/19douthat.html?_r=0
unvis.it/www.nytimes.com/2010/07/19/opinion/19douthat.html?_r=0
>wired com/2010/09/kill-whitey-its-the-right-thing-to-do
unvis.it/wired.com/2010/09/kill-whitey-its-the-right-thing-to-do
>washingtonpost com/wp-dyn/articles/A8427-2005Mar28.html
unvis.it/washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A8427-2005Mar28.html

Nobel Prize-winning physics professor at my college is a major cuck and injects libshit politics into physics lectures regularly. You can be smart in one subject but utterly retarded when it comes to politics

>sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289616300757

"proves"
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289616302677

The real relationships are anything but clear-cut and seriously, if you're at all interested in actual empirical reality, dumb people go conservative is an embarrassingly politicized simplification of a complex relationship with sufficiently poorly supported stats on either side that it's nothing more than a polemical tool to bring it up. On top of which, it doesn't even address any specific question of policy or ideology - what functional question can be answered by quoting such a study? None, is what. But it's entirely in line with the left's addiction to shaming tactics to shut down discussion.

>pol in charge of anecdotal evidence
>not discerning between the internet and reality

NOW MAKE THE SAME TEST FOR NIGGERS AND PUBLISH THE RESULTS

>I can give you 5 studies that show the same thing. It's a trend. Social conservatism has been linked with less IQ

I know, but he likely came to that conclusion through different means, intelligent people can tell when something is propaganda and can usually question a narrative. But even so, This study is bullshit, and the study is at best suspicious. People always assume you need a higher level of intelligence to carryout a basic mental function or hold a set of beliefs because they themselves want to think of themselves as smart. Liberal ideology really isn't that hard to wrap your head around.

hes a physicist his credibility of opinion on politics is worse than yours or mine

And if you'd spend five minutes looking into the actual literature rather than taking your cue from Buzzfeed, you'd understand that there's an active academic debate on this, since it's an unresolved issue - there is no consensus position because the argument rests upon things which are riding the line of statistical significance in the first place. The point being, even if it does claw it's way across the finish line and manage to peek up over the accepted horizon it's still a tiny effect and doesn't support smarts-by-association in anybody just because they like Bernie.

actually there is a consensus. If every study for the last 20 years finds that social conservatism is associated with lower intelligence, then there is a trend.

Physicist checking in. Can confirm, all can be indoctrinated by liberalism/leftism. Worst case scenario is sitting in my Office

>Physicist
>Female
>Vegan
>Christian
>Leftist (Antifa Sympathizer)

The interesting part here is that most Physicists don't care about all this "human stuff" and don't care to understand it. While it is quite easy (politics, philosophy, history etc), most just don't care. Hence they jump to conclusion and literally base their ideas of anecdotal evidence, as if everyone works the same way they do (i.e. average IQ of 120-130) and they think everyone has the same desires, impulses and so on.

In the end, they are just social retards most of the time and can't even fathom how life for a lower IQ person works. Of course, if the average IQ of society would be 120-130, then their ideas would work great... because then you'd barely have any niggers, arabs and pajeets on the planet.

you wouldn't have social conservatives either.

>actually there is a consensus. If every study for the last 20 years finds that social conservatism is associated with lower intelligence

Directly, demonstrably untrue via five minutes perusing the links from the citation you yourself provided.

I reiterate - the effect, if it exists (unproven) is tiny - you don't get to claim "I am smart" just because you voted for Hillary.

You guys need to be bred out of society. Stop having kids.

makes perfect sense because I'm 100% retarded

>you wouldn't have social conservatives either.

Completely wrong. While most of the Physicists are center-left in terms of politics, nearly all seem to have one thing in common: understanding the importance of the family unit. It's like are regular strain of thought for them when thinking about the poor unprivileged people, they go "damn I'm glad I had a working family when growing up".

The men even are for "women go back to being home makers" because at least in my work group, all the men see that all women perform worse than their male counterpart. And they also are against this "lets go out and fuck as many guys/sluts I can find" but that might have something to do with looking like shit and generally being socially retarded outside the work environment.

You mean high IQ people or Physicists? Either way, your statement makes absolutely no sense.

Anecdotal evidence that means nothing. Link a study showing that.

I am talking about low IQ social conservatives.

" More specifically, genetic factors account for
between 60 and 97 percent of the correlations between cognitive ability and the political traits. "

There is your casual relationship
diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:738733/FULLTEXT01.pdf

THERES

NO

AGENDA

>be Physicist
>talk about liberal bias in Physics Academia
>get called low IQ social conservative

You sure you aren't projecting here, subhuman?

>Link a study showing that.
What, a study about social conservatism in the Physics department? I think you would have to start one first...

GOYIM

I mean do you people really all consider yourselves "conservative"? Why attach yourself to such an outdated and ignorant ideology in todays day and age? I am just baffled and shocked. Is it just the hate for non whites that has pushed you to the dumbest ideology there is?

Anyone with an IQ of 120+ was able to deduce, as a child, that the possibility of any of the hundreds of religions and thousands of God's being real is as probable as any other fantastical folklore.

T. I was 4 or 5 years old when I god(s) are not real. However, religion (or anything that emits similar emotions) is necessary to keep the plebs in line.

Stop derailing convos faggot. We where talking about social conservatives for the last 12 posts. This must social ineptitude you were saying physcists had.

How would a liberal bias among Sheldon Coopers look like? You either pass a test or not, affirmative action wouldn't do much to invert that.

College? Don't you mean...
>(wait for it kids!)
LIBRUL BRAINWASHING CAMP!?

HAHAHAHA.

seriously anti-intellectuallists like you are a disease to the future of humanity.

>STUDY SHOWS THAT CONSERVATIVES ARE DUMDUMS
YOU'RE NOT A DUMDUM ARE YOU?

One of my favorite examples of the pseudoscience involved in these kinds of studies is Jost et al (2003) Psy. Bull. 129:3:339

>Rossiter (1968), too, defined situational conservatism in the InternationalEncyclopedia of the Social Sciences as “an attitude of opposition to disruptive change in the social, economic, legal, religious, political, or cultural order ” (p. 291). He added, “ The distinguishing mark of this conservatism, as indeed it is of any brand of conservatism, is the fear of change, which becomes transformed in the political arena into the fear of radicalism ” (p. 291). Consistent with this notion, Conover and Feldman (1981) found that the primary basis for self-definitions of liberals and conservatives has to do with acceptance of, versus resistance to, change (see also Huntington, 1957).

Did you catch it? We're *starting out* with the assumption that conservative values are dysfunctional and that "change" (literally undefined, since *any* change is necessarily positive) is the only thing that concerns them. The agenda is barely even hidden - the authors are not dispassionate observers, they're on a crusade to figure out what's wrong with "conservatives" and their science follows this intent.

It's mind boggling.

Did they control for the fact that niggers are both "socially conservative" (they hate gays and trannies) and for the fact that niggers have lower IQ?

>Stop derailing convos faggot.

I didn't

>We where talking about social conservatives for the last 12 posts.
I count 7 between you and me, one was a double post on your side which could have been made into one post. You are the one doing the derailing because you barely seem to comprehend what I write.

Your posts barely made sense as a response, especially Try formulating reasonable sentences for once and maybe you get what you want.

So the Left supports studies that supposedly shows Conservatives as stupid but not that Blacks are dumb?

Studies are pseudo science because they reference previous papers

>How would a liberal bias among Sheldon Coopers look like?

Literally what?

Nice lie. Define your terms faggot

I replied to you 2 times. A physicist that dosn't know how to count.

okay

it doesn't matter how intelligent you think you are or how much money you have, you're going to die and when you do, you'd best hope you have Jesus Christ else you will be on fire for all eternity.

I'm sure conservatives do. We're not conservatives, we're reactionaries.

Not my point. The citations are made to support the author's contention that their disfavored political position is inherently a pathology - a tactic the left has been fond of for a long, long time indeed.

I counted 4 posts of you prior to your last one, now it's 5 if I only count yours, not mine... and you even quoted the wrong post of me not related to you.

Thanks for reminding me how talking to a low IQ person feels like. It was a great discussion, you really contributed to the topic and specified what you meant in every post.

oh no a new (((study))) that proves were dumb, how will we ever recover.

Another study by pseudo-scientist racists :^)

Shouldn't you be buying a recreational mcnuke?

>tfw too intelligent to want kids

Instead of using the author's questionable determination of his subjects' "conservatism or liberalism", maybe ask them directly which political affiliation they have and measure their IQ? That's exactly what the author of this study (sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289614000373) did, and he found that Republicans had slightly higher verbal intelligence (2-5 IQ points). This is of course only verbal IQ, but it's a start and challenges the results of the study in the OP.

Strange, then explain 110 iq average right wing ethnostate japan

Read the study you just posted moron. The conclusion was that social conservatives were dragging down the scores of republicans but Libertarians were the reason they scored higer

You don't think the old constitutionalist grandpa that hates big government and needs the second to defend the first is a conservative? If your definition of conservative is "they h8 abortions and want to outlaw homosex", yeah, you might be right.

catch me niggers

Well, I guess that's one less excuse for blacks.