Global Warming

Am i missing something with this global warming stuff? Sunlight comes through the atmosphere but due to GW some of it is reflected and trapped. Shouldn't some of it get reflected before it enters the atmosphere evening it out?

Other urls found in this thread:

periscope.tv/w/1MYGNXPnRVyxw
esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ozwv/wvap/
youtube.com/watch?v=5K0s6eveTsI
wattsupwiththat.com/2012/06/30/memo-to-doubtersi-was-tempted-to-say-deniersco2-is-plant-food/
dengarden.com/gardening/How-to-Grow-a-Bottle-Garden
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mate. the environment is c02 deprived. The end goal is a carbon tax for even more control over the population.Fuck off with ur global warming bs

lol, i'm questioning what they're saying because it doesn't make sense to me. i'm not saying if its real or not

That's a really bad graphic...

And it was intended to be a really bad graphic.

I ask how DEF for diesel fue is supposed to save the environment when it takes so much resources to make it, transport it and so many resoursces to make a tank, a line, a sprayer, and a stupid computer/sensor that keeps you from using your own urine.

it was literally warmer during roman times than it is now and there was less carbon in the atmosphere so go figure

Heat is *absorbed* by the matter making up the atmosphere itself; there is reflection by the Earth's surface ('albedo'), but water vapour, carbon dioxide, methane, etc. increase atmospheric temperatures by absorbing the infrared radiation. The more water/CO2 in the atmosphere, the warmer it becomes.

You're somewhat right in the fact that, as more water vapour is put into the atmosphere more clouds should form, thereby increase overall albedo, and hence reflecting more light/heat, but this is very small compared to IR absorption.

They also ignore that the hotter the air gets the more heat it will radiate into space.

Besides that if the fossil fuels really are fossils burning them is just putting the shit back into the environment like it was when the fossils were alive, which obviously didn't destroy the world back then....

>periscope.tv/w/1MYGNXPnRVyxw

Some of it does get reflected back, it's actually depicted in the image you posted.

cool, that's what i was looking for. thanks!

Carbon dioxide is not the only greenhouse gas. Water vapour and methane are better, and therefore more dangerous, absorbers of heat energy.

No one argues that the Earth hasn't been 'warm' before, only that the speed of the increase in average global temperatures, and the apparent inability of us to stop producing CO2, is what worries people.

Who cares? If you're in a Western country or China, you're going to be safe from global warming. We have the ability to mitigate the damage without tearing our countries apart, or having to worry about refugees. If we block the fuckers from coming in, we can have our cake and eat it at the same time.
>Large infrastructure programs
>Africa, Central America, Middle East all die off
>Still get to use gas and coal
>No more Middle East = no more Israel = less Jews, that's always a good thing

Bet your ass I know it's real, and I don't give a fuck about combating it.

CO2 has naturally exceeded 7000 ppm in the earth's history, with life thriving during this period.

The current argument is if 400 ppm is too much and we should cut Human emissions until we are at 380 ppm. A difference of 20 parts per million (0.002%)

The carbon molecules in the atmosphere are only capable of a finite amount of warming as the molecules only capture or come into play with a certain wavelength of light. There will be a point where CO2 absorption of that wavelength of light is at 100 percent and more carbon has zero effect as a greenhouse gas.
The global warming alarmists bury the logarithmic absorption curve of CO2 under a pile of misinformation derived from computer models designed to show supposed knock on effects from the tiny amount of warming by carbon due to it's very limited ability as an actual green house gas.

But water vapor is not increasing like they said and that is their basis for the argument

esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ozwv/wvap/

>There will be a point where CO2 absorption of that wavelength of light is at 100 percent and more carbon has zero effect as a greenhouse gas.
Yep, ask Venus.

> the environment is c02 deprived
this by about 200ppm, plants are suffocating for lack of CO2

>carbon tax for even more control over the population
it's the 21st century version of catholic church indulgences.

Quit worrying and enjoy the destruction of Africa and the Middle East like the rest of us. You really think we're that stupid to actually deny it exists? Fuck no, we just the ends justify the means, but since we have to abide by human rights now we can't say it out loud.

Look up the Cloud Iris theory. According to this hypothesis, global warming could cause a sudden collapse into an ice age.

Here's a redpill on climate change from earlier today. It's not so much about the science behind it, but about how the entire thing has become a literal cult, where anyone who disagrees is laberal like a retard

The fuck is "laberal"? I mean to write "labeled"

Venus eh, great comparison to Earth there. Days that last a year, spins counterclockwise, atmosphere 90 odd times more dense than earth's where it rains sulphuric acid and you can bathe in molten lead puddles.

We only emit 3.75% of it tho. The whole idea we can cut it off let alone reverse the increase is absurd. And no I don't care to waste resources trying to geoengineer and risk our dumbasses fucking up the planet further.

>Days that last a year, spins counterclockwise, atmosphere 90 odd times more dense than earth's where it rains sulphuric acid and you can bathe in molten lead puddles.
ALL BECAUSE OF CLIMATE CHANGE, DUHHH

Actually it snows sulfuric acid on venus.

Its all propaganda dressed up as science. Its really depressing how stupid people are, they literally think repeating "experts" = science.

That's just Canadian rain.

Some does get reflected before hitting the ground, mostly by clouds. However lots of the light is too high energy and passes through much like an xray and your flesh till it hits the ground or bone for an xray.

The absorption on the way up is the most important. Pic related.

Man made global warming is BS, but there is geoengineering going on where they alter the atmosphere with aerosol spraying.

>The end goal is a carbon tax for even more control over the population.
Tax is only the first step, the end goal is carbon currency i.e. literal living on borrowed time.

Here's a dystopian B-flick about the concept:

youtube.com/watch?v=5K0s6eveTsI

cow farts

Sunlight enters in the visible spectrum, then hits the surface and loses energy moving it to the infrared spectrum. Visible light passes through GHGs but infrared light doesn't. It works the same as glass, and it's why if you park your car in the sun it will be hotter than the air outside.
I have no idea if pic-related explains anything and can't be bothered to look at it but here you go.

>the environment is c02 deprived
Source: Your ass

So you're saying the world is surrounded by a giant piece of glass?

HEY EVERYONE, GET A LOAD OF THIS RETARD.

here is a graph I pulled out of my ass for you

no, it's surrounded by gases that act like glass does

The pic you posted is rubbish, because it depicts less energy being radiated out from the atmosphere on the right, this is not the case (once equilibrium is reached at least)

Oh wow, it's not like we have the technological capability to be able to build massive, climate controlled farms from the indoors.

Nahhhh, let's just keep funding research into shit like solar panels and wind farms instead of preparing for inevitable climate change.

you will never get it, they do not let you see the data or or the models. just believe joo media until they can tax the air you breath silly goy

he is WRONG.
the albedo effect of cloud cover reflects far more heat than is absorbed
this is why "climate change" hysterics never discuss how light (particularly IR) and "heat" are not the same thing
when you microwave a burrito, does your microwave oven's interior get hot?
no?
but the burrito does...
how is this possible?????

"heat" is molecules in motion.
radiation is ENERGY in motion.
radiation can increase the temperature of matter (the burrito) by setting the molecules jiggling, but the burrito doesnt enter a permanent state of molecular excitation (except for the cheese, which apparently initiates a self-sustaining exothermic reaction) and it eventually cools to ambient room temperature through "advection"
even wrapping the burrito in a strong thermal insulator or suspending it in a vacuum will not prevent the eventual cooling of the burrito.
the assumption of global climate change hysterical loons is that the earth will continually get hotter and hotter, despite all evidence to the contrary, until, like the cheese in your burrito, we will all become a molten stream of scalding lava

the britbong hysterical loon is pushing the new party line that the earth's "RATE" of warming is "unprecedented" which is flatly untrue.
less than 13000 years ago new york city was under 2 miles of ice
we can argue over whether the current situation is good, or if we should encourage a return to earlier temperature levels, but the "rate" of "warming" is only "unprecedented" if you contract the temperature record to a very narrow band of less than 2000 years out of BILLIONS of years in the geologic record

shit, even shortly before the 2000 year cutoff point, temps skyrocketed higher and faster than current levels without the industrial society that the left is using as it's whipping boy

This was discovered when plants kept dying in fully enclosed greenhouses, they have to pump CO2 into them to keep the plants from dying.

wattsupwiththat.com/2012/06/30/memo-to-doubtersi-was-tempted-to-say-deniersco2-is-plant-food/

> plants die in fully enclosed greenhouses
> literally a retard
dengarden.com/gardening/How-to-Grow-a-Bottle-Garden

most greenhouse plants die from "damping off" caused by fungal and bacterial pathogens
the mycorrhizae (beneficial bacterium and fungus) provide ample co2 while breaking down compost

pot growers (not that i would know anything about that...) pump co2 into their enclosed grow rooms to increase plant growth rates.

almost every plant on earth evolved to live in MUCH higher co2 levels than are currently available in the atmosphere, and the eco-loons hysteria is just that, irrational unreasoning terror.

That's what most people think, because that's what they learned, i.e. earth is cooked, and more heat is retained.

That is stupid. Greenhouse works by stopping convection. You can't scale a car to an earth.

Yeah.
It's true that as the Earth is warming, less energy will be radiated away. It's just simple energy conservation.

I was invited to, and sat in on an IPCC review panel to discuss recent developments of peoples research that were tentatively slated to go into what is now the most current IPCC report. The mentality is very much a cult where these people will absolutely go out of their way to bury you. I went to a few, then became 'too busy' because they were too much to deal with. I did learn about all the word smithing some researchers do to dr up their findings. Half truths and in essance the fox guarding the hen house can be applied here.

HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE DOGMA... I MEAN LE SCIENCE XD!

Oh look! OP believes cartoons are REAL!

>Global Warming

fuck off, i was questioning global warming in general and i needed to attach a pic. that's what came up in the when i searched it

>that picture

It does seem kind of counterintuitive, but the same principle applies with actual greenhouses (go figure), and they definitely get quite hot.

Im not surprised, as earth is entering a potential el nino/ENSO event.

>Dee Nye - the Republican science guy

LE SCIENCE RULEZ BITCH XD XD XD XD XD

There it is, brock don't like seeing facts, you see facts destroy the libshit agenda
Keep up the fine work user I hope you don't end comitting suicide

"destroying the world" is subjective.
The left tends to believe that man-made climate change poses a threat to various ecosystems.
And the truth is it does.
The left once blamed climate change for "being racist" because it would disproportionately effect peoples in Africa, the middle east, and central and south america.

Global Warming is just another natural culling event. A lot of species of animals will either go extinct or have their populations dwindle dangerously low.
That includes humans too, but not northern climates like Europe and Canada, and even parts of America. Weird.

also they might be trying to save all of these non-whites from disaster by stashing them in white territory.
problem is carbon emissions are high because of high human populations, and thus the domesticated animals we keep, especially cows.

We should have colonized Mars by now.
But we haven't.
Interplanetary Political Problems have met us, but we are not yet Interplanetary.

LE GOD CONTROLS EVERYTHING AND SCIENCE IS A LIE + + + + + + + + +

The effects of greenhouse gases are real, but no where near alarming levels they shill it to be.

Green energy will out-compete fossil fuels in the future, without the need of subsidies that the UN is pushing.

>t. treating science like a religion.

LULZ QUIT COMMITTING BLASPHEMY AGAINST MY LE SCIENCE XD XD XD CULT.

Seriously, you people are a few airplanes away from being just like Islam.

Look, do your own research, but you must of heard your local weatherman say 'the temps going to drop tonight more than normal because it's a cloud free night sky. Other than that, certain physical properties are well know to the 1/100000 degree. CO2 has about the same effect as water vapor scientifically, but it's also only 4ish/100000 degree as plentiful. I may have screwed the division up one way or another, and it's been 5 years since I cared, but this shit is a hoax.

We have a lot of evidence and data on our side, you have nothing but feelz. But keep believing your sky wizard controls everything

it's a misrepresentation. It's not reflected, it's absorbed.

IN THE NAME OF LE SCIENCE, LE EVIDENCE, AND LE HOLY DATA, AYYYLMAO XD XD XD.

And LE SCIENCE XD XD XD saidith to man/woman/xir/xim/they/their/helicopterkin "if thy go against my dogma, thou shalt accuse them of blaspheming in the name of thine sky fairies instead of watching LE BILL NYE LE SCIENCE GUY XD XD XD five times a day.

Food goes in poop comes out you can't explain it.

No you don't. Scientific fraud is a well known phenomenon, and leaked meals prove what basic chemistry already says. The earth is 30degrees hotter because of water vapor than it normally would be, and CO2 has basically the same effect but is quite rare in the atmosphere. It's a watermelon scheme to kill your freedom. Conservationists on the outside, commie inside.

HAIL LE SCIENCE, FULL OF RATIONAL THOT, LE BLACK SCIENCE GUY XD XD IS WITH ME. THINE SCIENCE COME, THINE WILL BE DONE, ON EARTH AS IT ON LE BILL NYE LE SCIENCE GUY (SCIENCE RULZ GUYZ!!!!). GIVE US THIS BEAKER (XD XD XD I SAID BEAKER, HOW RANDOM), OUR DAILY BEAKER (!) AND FORGIVE US OUR SPILT TITRATIONS (MORE SCIENCE RANDOMZ XD) AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN LE STUPID CHRISTFAG SKY FAIRY. AAAAYYYYYLMAO XD XD XD SCIENCE BITCH XD XD

It doesn't fucking matter. Climate change is a government funded and well shilled hoax designed to raise taxes and bring in more shekels while making you poor.

First that I've heard of Cloud Iris Theory. Looks plausible so far. Interesting.

Wow user good point, you're such a smart and educated guy I guess I'm really btfo here

>carbon dioxide
yeah that 0.04% of the atmosphere is really going to have a major effect

Yes it is.
I finally got my BSc in Environmental Science and sustainable technology, and I can tell you the climate change dilemma is greatly overstated by the media and greatly understated by those that oppose it. The truth, as per usual, lies somewhere in the middle.
First thing's first, climate change is real. If you don't think that you're stupid. Second thing is carbon is the biggest deal in the climate change business because even though it's actually far shittier than water vapor and methane, the other two leading greenhouse gases, the sheer metric fucktons of carbon dwarf their effects by orders of magnitude. On the other hand, the sea level won't rise in 5 years and wipe the seaboard, Caribbean, India and Japan off the map. At least, not now.

The main problems with carbon is that carbon fucks EVERYTHING up but the media only focuses on the heating issue for sensationalism and muh 97% of scientists agree (which they don't).
Firstly, 0.04% doesn't sound like much, but that equates to more than 200 million TONS of carbon in the biosphere. The problem with carbon as opposed to water vapor or to a lesser extent methane is that carbon just sits around. It forms a mostly even gradient over the entire earth, and absorbs and "reflects" heat evenly enough around the world. This forms a net of sorts that keeps heat in because it now has nowhere to go. Even an incremental increase has knock in effects that aren't massive but certainly can be worrisome if left alone.
Next, bodies of water absorb CO2. This increases their mass, the amount of heat they absorb and their acidity. This acidity is especially effective against calcium bonds, found in some fish, but mostly crustaceans and coral. Breaking down coral makes water deeper. Deeper water has more wave action, more wave action destroys coastline. Hotter water also expands, raising the sea level, supports a narrower variety of life and affects ocean currents. Incredibly dangerous.

Plants growing slightly better doesn't outweigh the other negative effects of higher CO2.