What the fuck has happened to cars?

What the fuck has happened to cars?
Everything is effeminate and cookie cutter as fuck now, and the worst part is the well made cars are designed to be bought for by the rich.
Back then everyone could afford a good car.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/joMK1WZjP7g
youtube.com/watch?v=_J1NVAlwX3o
youtube.com/watch?v=0gizG79go04
youtube.com/watch?v=Ix5X9NXsvvw
youtube.com/watch?v=EC1PUc1Xk_o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1) how is this Sup Forums
2) there's a board for cars 3) either get rich or buy a used car
4) there has literally never been a period of more choice for the car buyer

>cross over brand 1
>cross over brand 2
>Small heavy unaerodynamic cuck car
>corolla

What else do we have here? Nothing.

Cars were shit then

You were lucky if they didn't fall apart after 20k miles.

Anything past 70 is trash. Prove me wrong

>What the fuck has happened to cars?
Democrats happened.

Between crash safety regulations and fuel economy regulations, there isn't much room for creativity or style in automobile design anymore.

>Everything is effeminate and cookie cutter as fuck now
Like the rest of western society.

Though there are two other influences:

1. Between fuel economy and mandated crash safety designs are converging on a single solution.

2. The era of physical communication (transport) is transforming into the era of mental communication (internet). So transportation of all forms is being replaced in importance by communication (e.g., phones).

Since computer models can help create aerodynamic shapes for fuel economy and speed, every one in the industry has adapted this practice. This results in all cars looking pretty similar.

I don't know but i've always had a thing for 60's and 70's big american cars with overly bouncy suspension

More Jewry

Now no one can afford a decent car unless they want to shell out 40k

Lol, my father had a 1975 Chev Blazer. Drove over 300,000 miles, across Canada, across the States, up snow sledding hills for fun.
The guy that bought it from him kept it going even longer, but I don't know total miles.

The other thing was that those old vehicles you could do all the repairs yourself. Good luck with the computerised shit they have now, all crammed in there and often with no symmetry. Only top people can work on them, and it's still hard, while some repairs simply can't be made, have to go to the 'pros'.

wind tunnels

Science happened!

Old cars looked very cool but they're shit compared to current cars, look at this crash test for example :

youtu.be/joMK1WZjP7g

I'm a mechanic.

Cars now work better and last longer than they ever have before needing major repairs.

The only benefit of the old cars is that they where simple and made out of heavy sheet metal so you could keep them running longer and cheaper albeit with several engine and transmission rebuilds etc.

>Everything is effiminate and cookie cutter as fuck now
Not so, some cars rise above.

Impressive, very nice

Challengers are fucking shit tho

So is this now the official car of white people?

That would be the Subaru outback
youtube.com/watch?v=_J1NVAlwX3o

i only drive 80s and 90s japanese compacts. current car is a 93 nissan 240sx

Actually this is Sup Forums related, as the government made some stupid law thta bumpers have to be extra bumpy to protect pedestrians and now all cars have stupid looking fat bumpers, and very few car designs match with a big bumper.

Most cars were cookie cutter in just about any era. Cars from the 20s look pretty similar to each other, the 30s, 40s, , 50s, and on down. In the 60s-90s, lots of cars literally were the same as the other one, just with a different logo and trim package.

It's just nostalgia and survivor bias for the true classics that is distorting your view of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=0gizG79go04

i beg to differ ...

Art center.

1970s oil crisis killed the American Muscle Car
turned to more aerodynamic and different to save on fuel

30k if you maintened the fuck out of it

Nice b8. Solid 8/8 post.

I dont know about you guys but I love the square designs of the 80s and 90s.

This is so true. Ive wanted to buy a new truck for a while now, but everything since the 80's looks like rounded, bubbley, homosexual shit.
I drive a brand new ram for work and it has a fucking turn dial to shift from drive to reverse instead of a stick. They all come with this giant GPS screen bc these boomer cucks want to have flashy lights and fancy screens to play with the radio.. Its all absolute garbage, and the engines themselves are shit too.
Touch start buttons are in so many new cars. What a stupid fucking idea, what exactly was wrong with keys? You can have a functional car key that works for 40 years. I got in my gf's 2016 car on a road trip, and used the push start but guess what, the battery was dead in the remote so we literally could not start the engine. Had to go get the spare key that we luckily had.
Ifucking hate these new cars and the focus on gyzmos and bullshit features they look so fucking gay too holy shit.

That srt option is big bucks

Safety regulations, soccer moms, and people continue to buy the crap that they put out.

boy do i sure hate airbags

This. I just want a reliable and quick cars fuck all the shit fluff around it.
I want buttons to control stuff and no intelligent screens. Manual cruise control and heated seats are maximum luxury.

goood

>american car

> good car

Pick one

>old redneck dad had 71 Mach 1 mustang sitting in the barn he was going to give to me when I turned 16
>was his first car, evr since I was little he would take me out and do donuts in cow pastures
>tornado came through when I was 15 and fucked up houses roof
>had to fucking sell the mustang super cheap to some nigger in order to pay for a roof over his head

recommend me a car that has this aesthetic which was produced in the last decade

pretty much any coupe

Buick did it best.

Tell a price

30-50k

It's fucking computer-aided aerodynamics design you idiot. They're curvy and effeminate because this reduces drag. See 90's cars for the worst examples. There's plenty of manly looking cars you can buy though, like another poster said there's never been as much variety available as now. See literally any truck or sports/muscle car.

Jeeps modern designs look ok.

You are peasant, you only think you live like a king because material goods are cheap and easy to produce. In reality you live in a shit house made of cheap softwood covered in vinyl plastic and drywall, your furniture is made with cheap foam and fake leather and your car is just a steel chassis with 500 lbs of plastic decoration to make it feel nice. It's all a bunch of dogshit painted in gold, a fake mimic of what actual important people own.

Continuing, I noticed you guys dig the square designs from the eighties- they're like that because using machines to machine the frame was first introduced and popularized during that period. They're square because the technology had not been refined to the point that making cars very curvy was economical for mass production. See 90's cars to see when that happened.

The Wind tunnel reined design.

Opps, nvm the square ones look ok, some of them are really dumb looking thiugh.

They look really fucking gay. Why? Why can't we have straight lines, or pretty curves? Fuck this shit.

Also as said before I can't fix new stuff easily myself. It's to make you pay for (((services))) you require to fix it you see. Hence I've bought an old Rover, which is basically a Civic Concerto. No PAS, no ABS. Just simples. Apart from the ECU, but like you can't get aftermarket bits now. That's the excuse to get bigger a bigger throttle body anyway.

My brother has the SRT-8. Thing is absolutely awesome.

I have surfed next to cars floating in the ocean. Retards show up, drive the car onto the beach at low tide, park, leave and go for a walk and come back hours later to see their car floating in the surf or being burried in the sand and under water.

Mazda 6

Or the Jaguar and 911s this piece of shit was trying to copy. Have you ever DRIVEN one of these fucking cars? Nose dives worse than a fat chick on doughnut. Weebs cry about weight distribution, but it means shit when the car is so mushy you might as well have bowling balls in the trunk.

cheers

It's cheaper and easier to make a car more aerodynamic than it is to build a more fuel-efficient engine.

That's why.

Now see, how does that rounded front shape look any different from this?

>What the fuck has happened to cars?
computer design you retard. it is easier to make curved bulbous shapes in the computer than otherwise, and designer were mesmerized by their apple computers.

>me a car that has this aesthetic which was produced in the last decade
miata with a hardtop

back to /o/ with you

buy old tip top old rangie for a few K, practical, comfortable, stylish, classic will go anywhere, with the exception of British electrics the mechanics will go on forever, can fix with a hammer.

how long have you been blind?

The fogs on the front of the Mazda 6 gives it that aesthetic advantage over the Camry

Hey remember that it was a Challenger used to run over the crowd in Charllotesville.
But I do see what you are talking about even though it does have very high Horsepower and the new Demon has 840 Horsepower which means 0-60 in 2.3 seconds.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ix5X9NXsvvw

>Cars now work better and last longer
>benefit of the old cars is you could keep them running longer

thanks for outing yourself with this contradictory statement, retarded shill

A BRZ/FR-S/86 is probably the closest you'll get.
At least, without spending six figures.

Chad challenger vs virgin mustang

>paying 30k for bottom of the line death trap

ultimate jewry

>can fix with a hammer
Brilliant

Opinions on the Niva with LPG?
Currently using a 2003 new beetle, my next car is either that or a late 80's mercedes that i'll convert to run on homemade biodiesel

Faggots gonna complain about everything. Don't like new cars with more powerful engines, safety features and super nice interiors? Then go buy a 80s or 70s shitbox, you fag

Someone hook me up with the copypasta about the typical 60s American day, complete with the 8,000 lb, 8 mpg mammoth of a car

What amazes me is how americans can afford to burn two liters of high octane gasoline just to go to the grocery store. We had maybe two or three V8's and they were small block engines. Everything else was just the same 4-cylinder 1.0L garbage european design.

European crash safety laws.

easy, bmw z8

Looks practical. Can it go anywhere?

>more powerful engines

putting a turbo on a v6 doesn't make it more powerful, Cham

My friend at work hangs out with a guy who has a mercedes which has the engine swapped out to make it a 6.3litre, seems like something a burger would own

that's a rental car m8

looks like the guy in the older car just got thrown around a bit while the guy in the new one snapped his neck going forward into the airbag

>lol lets hold their body completely still so only their head is allowed to snap forward, it's genius!

If I ever consider getting a sports car in the future after college I'm probably going to go for a Subaru STI because alternate between rear wheel and four wheel drive.

>putting a turbo on a v6 doesn't make it more powerful
.........what??.......

It does if you tweak the fuel injection timing

Lada niva is apparently really good offroading as far as small 4x4s go, nice little machine if you customize it right

youtube.com/watch?v=EC1PUc1Xk_o

jesus fucking christ. Sup Forums discussing engines is next level cringe.

>steering wheel in head
>thrown around a bit

Not entirely true, you can dedicate more power to the rear wheels but the front will still have power distributed to them just at a lower percentage

dear automotive shills,

the capacity for power of a v8 will still be more powerful than you trying to wring a v6 out for every last bit of juice it has, such that you wear the motor out quicker. we all know the real reason you put v6 and turbos in everything now, it's a simple weight savings so you can save the cost of materials while still charging the customer the same, thus increasing your (((profits)))

This is the winner, plus it's very risky to step out of the current aesthetical norm, so why bother if the larger market doesn't care and just wants a cuckwagon for travelling to work?

I only drive Hondas. Gonna get a type R after I get a little money saved.

Almost. Insurance companies had pretty much already killed the muscle car by the time the oil crisis hit. They made it ungodly expensive to insure "performance" vehicles. This started happening at about '70. The (first) oil crisis was in '73, but that one was minor compared to the crisis in '79. If you look at muscle cars in that era, there's almost nothing worth a damn beyond '71-72

Jeep Wranglers have significantly changed twice in the past 20 years user.

to clarify - the capacity for power of a v8 will always be more than that of a v6

>turbocharging for weight and cost savings
you really should just stop. this is just too much failure to comprehend.

>rounded is feminine and angular is masculine
>I am an intelligent adult

You can only pick one.

I really want a land yacht.

good luck ever getting a girlfriend weeb

>the capacity for power of a v8 will still be more powerful than you trying to wring a v6 out for every last bit of juice it has

Does it even matter? It's not like you have any use for all that V8 power in anything that is not a bus.

Ya I miss steel dashboards and no seat belts you dummy.