You faggots need to get a CB radio

You faggots need to get a CB radio
>No need for license unlike HAM
>Literal shitpost box
>The original anonymous chatroom
>Stuck in traffic and shitpost with truckers
What are you going to do when SHTF and the internet goes down? How will you continue to shitpost?
What are you going to do when the cell sites go down in a massive power outage?
A CB radio setup costs just about $60
So Sup Forums what's stopping you?

Other urls found in this thread:

broadcastify.com/listen/feed/14747/web
rmitaly.us/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=84
youtube.com/watch?v=VqjDWMnVERc
youtube.com/watch?v=_YxANpBEJHI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Keep one in my car at all times, but the ministry of transportation are attempting to ban them under distracted driver laws.

canada for sure is the greatest country

i was shitposting on a cb from a rest area when i was like 16 or 17 and the truck drivers somehow figured out i was stationary at the mile marker of the rest station and probably sitting at the rest station. it was fucked up. turned it off and drove away.

You can't just listen to it while driving and talk when stopped?
They want to up and just blanket ban them from cars?

>the truck drivers somehow figured out i was stationary at the mile marker of the rest station
It's pretty obvious when driving and your signal gets louder and then once you pass the rest station it gets quieter.

You can listen when driving probably, but would have to be parked to avoid any bullshit

Just don't let them see you talk

SHTF
Internet goes down
Can't shitpost
WAT DO?

/fires up shitpost box aka CB radio/

And you can shitpost while driving.

Go to Channel 19, the Truckers' channel. They've been shitposting for decades.

They also give out some good traffic reports

September 6th (I think it was) new rules went into effect on GMRS/FRS radios in the USA. In short, they can't make any more GMRS/FRS combination radios, only one or the other. FRS radios still suck donkey balls at two watts, but GMRS has been improved. Fifty watts allowed, now. Do a DuckDuckGo search to find the requirements and go on Amazon to buy the equivalent of a Baofeng 50 watt programmable mobile with antenna.

The only change for 27 mHz CBs is that it is no longer illegal to shoot skip. If you can hear 'em, you can work 'em. 4 watts AM, 12 watts sideband, no changes.

Tell all your friends!

$100 USD can get you a nice basic setup.

Uniden Pro 510 XL
Wilson Lil Wil magnet mount antenna
Cigarette lighter plug for easy power

I've never done a shoot skip
What channel is most active?
I also may or may not have access to a 200W amp

I'm a total noob at this but aren't there handsfree options for CB radio these days? Any suggestions would be welcomed

>radio nerds
>having friends

when this one was made? last time i saw one, necro was in the fucking south

>aren't there handsfree options for CB radio these days?
yeah they have bluetooth mics available

Channel 19 is nationwide trucker channel. Much trolling and shitposting can be found there (especially at big truck stops).

Skip shooting on Sideband can be found from channels 36-40.

AM skip can be found on 11 and especially on 6 (otherwise known as the Super Bowl)

Out-of-band Sideband skip can be found on 27.505 and 27.555 Megahertz (typically Upper Sideband)

dunno I saved it a few weeks ago maybe. First time seeing that though.
Honest question favelanon..
Is brazil that bad? Do you know about this stuff? Do they need to be liberated?
Im serious. No first worlder would tolerate the truth about child abuse in brazil. I fear that map of brazil isn't a joke.

Everyone always likes to make a joke about brazil and their traps or their child prostitutes but to me its not funny.

This.

Also off roading, use 16. (4x4)

please a full set up can cost as little as 30 bucks. Also ham has farther range plus you can listen in to local police/ sheriff repeaters with out any one knowing unlike web based scanners.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

You have to get a license for HAM unless you want to risk getting a fine which does happen

$30 won't get you much, and it won't hold up. Spend the money on a good antenna. After all, it is what transfers the power to and from your radio.

Is there a Sup Forums channel?

I only shitpost as fast as I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes.

That's a big 10-4, Snowman.

Reno police are already spying on everyone phone

When I was 8 I was playing around on my dad's CB and a truck driver started trying to have CB sex with me and asked if I wanted to suck on his pretty pink panties. I was probably on the Sup Forums channel.

Channel 19 = Sup Forums

>$30 won't get you much, and it won't hold up. Spend the money on a good antenna. After all, it is what transfers the power to and from your radio.
This
You get what you pay for. Spend minimum of $50 on a radio and then $30 on an antenna. You can get away with a little cheaper but that makes you sound like shit and you won't broadcast as far

Still when shtf you don't need a license to use a ham radio. Plus ham can transmit digital info AKA internet. So emails images video ( slow scan tv) and other digital data. So you can shit post rare memes at the end of the world

>No need for license unlike HAM
Do you realize how easy a Tech License is?

There's huge advantages to getting even just a Tech. I'm not dissing CB, but I LOVE being Mobile in the 2 Meter and 440 freqs as well.

Christ, if you have an average sized American yard, you have the room for a decent Dipole that will allow you to talk all over the world. A General License is still pretty easy. Extra-class is the bitch.

Hell, $15 for the FCC License for Tech and $30 for a MemeFeng is a great way to get started.

Nice.
I've still got my 500w and a few 50w boots.
I used to have an IMAX 2000 on a 40' mast and a Galaxy CB base station with perfect swr tune. With my 500w linear I could talk to people all over the place!
It was good fun, except when the mexicans with the echo mic's would get to mudducking everything up.

Truck driver here.

I don't even have a CB anymore because the urge to shitpost to other drivers is too great.

Truck drivers only just complain about shit anyway

>Truck drivers only just complain about shit anyway
this
They just bitch about work because that's all they know or do.

$30 ain't gunna get anything that will hold up on a vehicle unless it's a used set up. You can't even get it tuned for that much unless you already have an swr meter.

True but don't you want to use it before SHTF?
>Do you realize how easy a Tech License is?
Yeah it's easy but that's a nice paper trail leading right back to you that anyone can lookup when you give out your call-sign

>It was good fun, except when the mexicans with the echo mic's would get to mudducking everything up.
fuck those echo mic faggots. Almost as bad as the beep

>Truck drivers only just complain about shit anyway
isn't that what we do on here though?

K6MWT (147.4350 MHz), the "435" repeater out of LA, is the ultimate Sup Forums 2 Meter repeater.

broadcastify.com/listen/feed/14747/web

Anyone have a basic tutorial to getting started with one?

It's called pawn shops. You can get a cb descent for 15 -20$ then the antenna I got was 20 bucks it's 5 ft 15000watt rated. Amazon bitches. Cable I saved money on by building it my self. And was 5 bucks for cable and 3 for the connectors. Antenna metter was 7 bucks.
Self install free.

kek

Getting started with a radio? You don't know how to use a radio?

Underrated.

You can "listen" all you want without a license.... just don't hit that key!

>plop antenna down
>plug into radio BEFORE TURNING ON AND USING THE MIC
>turn on
>tune the thing
>all done

Fuck paying some one to tune your antenna when ya can do it your self

oh yeah go to like channel 19 and ask for a radio check to see if they can hear you
Most radios come with a swr meter, if it moves when you're talking then it's probably working

Yes I do that's why I am getting my tech license at end of month.

holy shit this is so true, you kno what, CB radio is based

>be me
>live in Los Angeles
>listen to CB on the scanner
>everyone using it is speaking Spanish, exclusively
What's the point, user?

Channel 19: Sup Forums of the airwaves.

CB mechanic here. I've been enabling people to shitpost on the airwaves for nearly 30 years, and I've created some monsters. 'Noise Toys' were quite the rage back in the '90s, and I would do up boxes that would have a dozen or more sound effects built into them.

Then there were the voice changers I modified to work inside the CB making your voice higher or lower in pitch, or sound like a robot (now commonly found in Galaxy 99s).

Probably the best shitposting device is the voice recorder, where you can record your very own personal shitpost, record someone else's shitpost, or download whatever you want from the interbutts.

take back the airwaves

Good, man. I don't care that it's Sup Forums getting training and licensed for Amateur Radio, I'm just glad the art is being kept alive. When the SHTF, it's likely people with HAM radios will likely be the source of global news and events for their communities.

I do ARRL Radiogram practice for the sake of being able to transmit and receive messages for my neighborhood in the event of a disaster.

Building a 12 deep cycle battery UPS for my shack atm.

If you cunts ever work on a ship spend some time on the bridge and listen to public vhf channels for ship to ship exchange. At night its literally Sup Forums tier shitting with filipino sailors doing all sorts of absurd shit like shit talking pajeets, making animal noises, playing shitty music, doing talent shows with other ships where they get each ship to sing over vhf. Maritime shitposting

After the pyramid plasma gas is laser'd into the sky, the ionosphere will be supercharged. Radiowaves will bounce back and forth between ionosphere and earth, making line of sight communication obsolete. Additionally, the ionosphere now densley packed with charged plasma particles, will block out harmful radiation such as solar flares.

is this the same thing as a police scanner?

if not, is it better?

Solar or wind back up? For the battery backups when power out longer than battery life.

Nobody uses CB radios anymore.

Sage.

A CB?
Just go get one, an antenna w/mount, a cheap SWR meter and good antenna cable.
The CB really doesn't matter so much in this day and age, but getting SSB is cool. I personally like
>pic related
for my 4x4's.
The antenna is where it's at. I normally like to use tunable tip FireSticks, but the 7' HD 3/4 wave length one is bad ass for cheap if you can make it fit. Works ok for a base station, also.
Make sure your antenna is grounded and mounted very well, the cable is mounted securely and protected from abrasions, hook your CB to clean DC power, ideally right off your battery terminals. There is no such thing as a "pre tuned" CB antenna. Watch a YouTube video on how to tune an antenna, and do that before you transmit anything.
Once done, flip to 19 and gab away.

>is this the same thing as a police scanner?
No.

>if not, is it better?
Much. CB is good for 8 to 12 miles from your location. Real time updates on situations in that area but it doesn't compare to the ability you get from Amateur Radio.

You can talk to people on CB and HAM. Hell, I can talk to my city's police on their radio channels if I want to with my radios (not illegal in the event of an emergency).

Yeah, echo mics are the worst fucking thing to ever be dreamt up. I have never understood the logic behind them, and it seems like only spics like them.

Solar. Wind is for hippies.

Nice. Thanks
Bumping for shit hitting fan justice + global shitposting

>but it doesn't compare to the ability you get from Amateur Radio.
I don't know about that
You can't really compare the two
CB is good for knowing what's going on around you HAM is good for talking long distance

Good man. I'm working on water mill generator. Got a nice creek to put it at thru my property.

There is literally nobody to talk to. Los Angeles
GMRS, on the other hand is white, conservative, and borderline red-pilled. Listening is almost like reading Sup Forums. I understand you don't need to take a test to get the license.

I've been slowly working on building a steam powered generator. I'm almost at the napkin stage

Does CB even have the range of a legit amateur radio?

Fun the only problem is the smoke created. Will give your position away if shtf

Local repeaters are great. With just 5 Watts on an HT, I can bark with my county and 6 more surrounding me. Not to mention the SKYWARN, RACES and ARES nets when I need them.

Jelly. I have no free-flowing water on my 80. Just a well.

like 17 miles with perfect conditions. Sometimes you can talk long distances when the atmospheric conditions are just right. It's good for nearby communications

>Falling for the Citizen's Band Jew

yea those things are awesome. used to know a guy when i was like 17 and he was cousin of some people i went to school with. this guy, thou was pretty cool. hed sit out in a field up from the house theyd all go to on the weekend, and sit in a car, listenning to music and he had a cb. hed sit out there like almost every night, shit talking and drinking beer on the weekends. id go over and smoke pot. you listen to people shit talk all night

Can you explain echo mics? I fucking hate them.

one of my uncles is big into HAM radio but he says it is dying

>Can you explain echo mics? I fucking hate them.
basically the radio outputs through the speaker when you're talking through the mic which then the mic picks up and broadcasts making an echo

I don't understand the logic behind wanting one

>I don't understand the logic behind wanting one

ACL Gain keeps you dominate when someone else tries to key over you.

THIS is fucking awesome. I live near the intererstate. I hate pigs. They like to sit around here, probably spying on people arund these houses on a road that runs parallel to the internet. Get one of them fuckign things ahaha thats what the idea is i knew. damn and fucking put ou ta bulletin every 30 seconds like on those games, that goes pigs like to sit at this area slow down truckers.

Them them cocksuckers would leave. i get tired of hearign them Rerring up their fuckign sirens to oink at people for nothign siting besides residential places. fuckign pigs. and id love to see them find someone doing it

Can trucker bears hunt you down? Any way to track the CB if you troll too far?

That's not too bad for something that barely costs 100 bucks. How big a range does a HAMM have? Like a legit amateur station set up, I think I read they can talk to people in the space station? But that's straight up, what about across the surface?

Radio triangulation. You broadcast, you can be found.

>Any way to track the CB if you troll too far?
easy. just follow the signal strength

CB = 11 meter
Ham = 10 meter (best for long range'skip')

The performance is basically equal. What it comes down to is antenna (especially height) and to a lesser extent power. I've been able to talk around the world using an Antron 99 using 60 watts of power on USB (upper side band). I could work South America on a 2950 with 25 watts pushed through a Wilson 1000 magnet mount on my van when conditions were good.

CB mobile 'barefoot' can be good for about 5 miles (depending on conditions and locale).

>How big a range does a HAMM have? Like a legit amateur station set up, I think I read they can talk to people in the space station? But that's straight up, what about across the surface?
If you hit a repeater you can talk around the world and with the space station
But the down side is that you have to keep a log of contacts and give out your callsign so people can look you up whenever they want. I prefer CB because of the lack of paper trail similar to how I like shitposting on Sup Forums compared to cuckbook

Does anyone have any experience with RTL-SDR? I heard you can use it to listen to airplane pilots talking, police talking, listening to meteor showers.

Not sure why but post apocalyptic shitposting sounds hilarious to me. That wold be a great podcast.

lol wut

I've got a few RM Italy linear amps, and they can significantly boost that. The problem is most of the people that hear you talking cannot reach you back if they are not running something similar.
Even a little one like this helps big time. rmitaly.us/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=84

If you can find them and know how to solder, transister/mosfet upgrades can easily and significantly increase your radio's transmit power.
I want to say I put a 2sc1969 into an old cobra or Uniden that I have and it talked a long way

I have a CB radio. There's nothing on it. Nothing at all.

>I have a CB radio. There's nothing on it. Nothing at all.
which is the point of this post
it's time for a CB rebirth

thats because youre like a gat dang mountain goat Finland

Theoretically, yes.
But,
Unless you are running something so powerful to fuzzes out your neighbors television or are broadcasting plans to assasinate the POTUS or something like that and a complaint is filed against you, you are not worth their time. Sorry, your little CB shenanigans are just not that important.

what model do you have? i want to buy your model

And then you get thesekind of people:
youtube.com/watch?v=VqjDWMnVERc

youtube.com/watch?v=_YxANpBEJHI

"Whore whore, truckwhore, i will beat you to death, nigger whore whore"

Damn he's a mobile repeater . Like an old manuel phone switch board.

I can feel the RF induced nut cancer from here