Millenials

How do we fix Millenials? Can we do so at this point?
Pic somewhat related. They learn all their morals and life skills from movies and hate learning in school, making them seem like the dumbest generation ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JuEa6Hum0b4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sup Forums is 95% millennials. Sort yourselves out first. Protip: posting memes online and pretending you're part of a bigger political movement is not sorting yourself out. Soon, you're going to be in your 30s and wondering why the fuck you wasted so much time here.

SHUT
UP
YOU
STUPID
FAGGOT

>Sort yourselves out first.
That's what I'm asking about. How do we get them to sort themselves out? They're about to inherit the world basically, and can you imagine what that would be like? Something needs to change before that happens.

Keep fighting for what you believe in, faggot.

I'm a millennial and I have a Math PhD, shut the fuck up faggot OP.

how about actually helping people instead of just blaming and fucking with them?

of course they fucking learned all they know from TV their shitbag parents didnt bother to spend time with them and nurture their minds.

Its fucking pathetic that people let their kids turn out as neets or losers because they are so totally lost in this world with nothing to believe in, no skills, no confidence no fucking hope.

fuck you and your post. SAGE

You can't fix a short attention span. Most millennials are already ruined. The only way to appeal to them is with memes because memes contain small bytes of information that are easily consumed. The problem is that society is complex, and can't be ran by ADD kids who are educated solely by memes.

tl;dr we're FUCKED, take the black pill

Millennials are hedonistic. This is because femininity is much more prevalent in this generation than in any other. And since women are inherently more hedonistic than men, millennials care more for experiences rather than development.

Actually they know how to behave and what morals are good. They just dont want to act it out because they are lazy fucks.

Millenial here,

I have a bachelor in business, masters in IT and getting a PhD in artificial intelligence.

how old are you again, cuck?

Where do you see blame or fuckery? I asked a serious question, how do we help them?
This is a good idea, and obviously works. The memes can push them into redpill territory but what's the next step in ridding them of the ADD problem? Most of the Millenials I know can't have a serious conversation for more than a few minutes. I try to bring up intelligent things and they freeze up like it's the worst conversation they've ever been a part of.

For the ones that actually cause trouble for this country (Referencing America because others are inferior) there is no cure. Besides totalitarianism based on love of the US, there is no solution. They are so deeply entrenched the only way to "cure" them is to shoot them. There are cases of "redpilling" but they are too infrequent

How do we reward acting out morals?

23 years old, been working since I was 15 and am in college for a CS degree. I'm speaking from experience when I say Millenials are fucked. You're in the minority of them who actually give a flying fuck about their lives beyond getting fucked and fucked up.

What if we gave out a standardized rubric. Something where any young person could check off boxes to have a guaranteed reward at the end. So, if they pass enough tests, there's a guaranteed job at a guaranteed salary based on what boxes were checked. Checking the /fit/ and virgin boxes could guarantee you a virgin of around your age and rescind the option of divorce.

It's filled with holes, but we've gotta start the brainstorm somewhere.

Reward based disciplinary systems are good and all, but the main problem I see is the lack of consequences for bad actions. My sister, for instance, is 20 years old, never graduated high school, smokes weed and does party drugs, is a lesbian who goes to pride parades, and works at a restaurant. My parents see this all and don't say shit or do anything to stop this, letting her live rent free buying her a car. Shit, my mother even smokes with her. The lack of serious consequences/punishment is a major issue in my generation.

> most of my friends are millennial
> ALL of them have similar life experiences relative to their financial and family background

only people i see leeching off are boomers, millennials are too dumb and they allow us to make easy money. I don't think Gen Z may aspire to something big and this is why it will be necessary to implement basic income

post-millenials are too dumb**

But who pays for the basic income when boomers and millennials all get too old and the generation after Gen Z starts fucking shit up even more? It's a cycle that has to stop somewhere.

You can't. They've been indoctrinated since birth by their schools and popular culture. They're incapable of escaping their warped mindset because they're too stupid to do so or it would be too painful to do so. Rest assured they will be gunned down by suburban boomers defending their homes when SHTF.

there's nothing wrong with learning morals and life skills from good movies, literature, songs, and art. Last time I checked public schools are cesspools of degeneracy. People need to learn some basic philosophy from somewhere.

Naturally, a holistic model would be complicated as fuck to implement. It would have its pros and cons too. If your parents pulled the safety net of housing out from under your sister, who's to say things wouldn't take a turn for the worse with prostitution and heroin instead of an idealized contention of self-improvement from being thrown out? I myself am 25 with a science degree and have been waiting the job market out at my parents' house for a job that pays at least 40k a year, as that is what I'd value my free time of relaxation at vs the stress of working. It would help to know that I've checked the boxes and am getting the best I can for my circumstances in the rubric system.

That's why gen X and Y are working close together to deliver cheap and efficient automation to the world. We don't have artificial intelligence yet, what we do have is unsupervised machine learning and it's getting better.

Politicians are also already aware (Clinton wanted to propose Basic Income but she couldn't find a way to explain to people without losing votes, aka society is not ready).

My friends in Academia believe that if Uber can do their thing and introduce driverless cars and make them mainstream, there's a big chance we will gain enough momentum to replace most of the manual jobs and finally give politicians some ground to push for UBI without killing their career.

On the meanwhile we are working like there's no tomorrow so that when the time comes we will be ready

Godzilla taught me how to do this dropkick which has saved my life on 3 different occasions.

youtube.com/watch?v=JuEa6Hum0b4

My hard science degree, on the other hand? Useless.

>career in real estate

So, how would you implement it? It would have to require some form of government mandated jobs, like a meritocratic society where the strong are allowed to rise and the weak falter. How do we make that sound attractive? Because the masses will never take that lying down, and will never see the benefits of it.

>Tail slide dropkick
>Saves your life
Greentext story?

In this world you're proposing, if you can't implement UBI, do you realize the consequences of what you're proposing? Mass starvation, riots, etc. will all follow if you remove the cheap manual labor that the masses survive off of and don't provide a safety net. You're playing with fire.

I have some shit news for you, (((they))) will not let the average millennial take over the world. Our food and water isn't been poisoned for nothing, there is a depopulation agenda and basically they want 85%+ of the world to become infertile and killed off.
Millennials don't have a future.

You're missing the point. What happens when the current (((they))) die off? When the millenials are in the position the boomers are in right now, being the majority of politicians and business leaders.

Brainwashed millenials are pretty bad but they can be fixed. The death of the boomer generation will make it much easier to reach the rest of the remaining blue-pilled white generations.
Boomers are the anchor holding us down and they will do anything to keep from rocking the boat.

There is no fixing; really once you are past 30 years old your pretty much set in your ways and fucked at that point. They are too deeply invested(both figuratively and literally) in their little ideologies and brainwashing and social circles to change. They are also fucked because they will be permanently in debt over their liberals arts degrees and nutty african back-packing adventures and being a "free-spirit" enjoying the here and now , "i owe nothing to society but society should pay for my lala land adventures etc". Then one day in their late 30s they will realize they actually want a good job, to not be in debt, to have a family, but oops! You cant do that anymore since you squandered your precious time at drumpf protests and writing feminist study papers. This will only further degenerate them to vote for communist politics. Hopefully Gen Z will be the counter and there will be some kind of age gap civil war or the millennial will literally be the ones controlling the west.

I think the key is making the lion's share of the boxes in the rubrics easy as fuck, like participation awards. Have things like a clean mouth or a nice haircut be able to easily enough get a person to a modest level of prestige in the proposed meritocratic system. At the next level, have some easy as fuck assessments on rote memorization, like the 206 bones in the human body for health jobs, major dates for history positions, the solubility rules for chemistry jobs, or generic CS commands (methods) for tech jobs. Then, make the next boxes much harder to check, but much more prestigious, so things like Na-K feedback lops, complicated differential equations, and cryptocurrency trading architecture. People would be happy with their inflated tier and content to have the option for working towards the next if they so choose.

>They can be fixed
How though? Most of the ones I know don't give two fucks about anything but making their $23,000 at a minimum wage job or serving tables, and the rest are getting underwater basket weaving degrees at majority liberal universities, where they've taken the diversity and inclusion pill. How do you fix that?

>implying shitposting and /sort/ aren't complimentary
I'm one car loan away from being totally debt free and above the 80th percentile for US income. All I'm missing is a stock portfolio and a gf.

>Can we do so at this point?
nope
another lost generation.

>Sup Forums is 95% millennials.

exactly.

>Like participation awards
That could work. Most millenials grew up in a system that rewarded every little thing, so it could appeal to them. But the entitlement of this generation could be a problem that could destroy the whole system if they think they deserve more than what they've earned. I like the idea though, I've always considered meritocracy to be one of the most idealistic forms of society. I think the west could push for that but we'd have to get rid of the diversity and inclusion model pushed by the left for decades.

>What happens when the current (((they))) die off?
Easy, it's called mark Zuckerberg and other millennial youth that are born into the family/elites that you would barely even see.

Millennials like you and me, probably won't live to see the new world when things come crashing down.

All it really takes is someone with a pre-existing positive relationship to give them a point of view outside the echo chamber of academia.
I've been able to do it for my siblings, some cousins and nephews, friends from high school, etc.
Cold hard facts, and some white-positive rhetoric to trigger that part of their brain that still identifies with their own ancestors/people can go a long way. But they do have to come from the right person.
As long as at least one non-compromised person exists and carries enough respect in a social circle of white people, I think everyone in that social circle has potential to be fixed.

>But the entitlement of this generation could be a problem that could destroy the whole system if they think they deserve more than what they've earned.
Absolutely, we would have to balance the system constantly. I still think it would spark self-improvement. Right now, I believe that I'm entitled to a 40k+ job for getting a science degree from a pretty good school. I've been waiting the job market out for over 3 years now. Now, I could continue my education, but I run the risk of having an even fancier piece of paper without any more utility. I'm not taking that chance. However, I would totally study up enough to check off boxes like a madman to guarantee that 40k job. Sadly, I probably could have it right now if I'd networked even a little instead of just waiting and proposing these meritocratic systems on an Atlantis powerdrinking forum.

>we'd have to get rid of the diversity and inclusion model pushed by the left for decades
Yeah, we'd be fighting tooth and nail to make sure bullshit things like transgender and various shades of brown weren't their own weighty boxes in the rubric system.

That might work in high school, but America has never been more polarized. I was legitimately barred from entering certain buildings or eating at certain tables during college. People gravitate towards others like them to such an extent that permeation is impossible. Even I would associate with foreign Asian students before hardcore leftists if no other straight non-leftist whites were available.

We stick to our circles. No heroin addicts in the polo clubs, and no strong white christian fathers in gay AIDS parties.

You can't really redpill wageslaves until after they begin to suffer the consequences of no UBI.

If you try to implement it before automation is fully adopted, wage slaves will make it really difficult (hurrr my job hurrr fucking commies hur my normal life).

Rule 1 of change management: make people think they own the change - or make people want the change you want to implement without them realising you are the mind behind it.

What science degree do you have if you don't mind me asking?

Many white European countries basically do the networking FOR college graduates. Hitler proposed something similar in his explanation of the ideology in Mein Kampf.
The premise is basically that a country has much more to gain from providing opportunity to those who have proven their merit instead of forcing them to spend time searching for opportunity.

Wait millenials are already 30? I'm a millenial but I'm only 22.

I never tried it in highschool, I just meant friends from highschool years later.
And yea I don't know if any nonwhites can be reached with this method, I only meant for it to be applicable to whites. There are, of course, some who are too far gone but I think they are a minority of white people, and you may find the most unreasonable "white" people turn out to be Jewish or some kind of mix.

Who the fuck watches Divergent? Even the normiest normie highschooler knows that it's a cashgrab for the Harry Potter crowd.

Not sure why this surprises anyone. There is a whole generation that cares more about the lives of celebrities than the people who live around them.

>Soon, you're going to be in your 30s and wondering why the fuck you wasted so much time here.
I'm a millennial in my 30s. Your statement isn't wrong.

Chemistry kek

Government reallocation of resources is tricky business. You need to be on top of your game and constantly adjusting the models. Just like a UBI payed for by automation taxes would have to be modulated to account for investment progress and the investors leaving the country, we'd need to constantly be looking at the government jobs we're creating for the meritorious. I do agree that (((finding opportunity))) in our equal outcome society has gotten a bit out of hand for those of us without networking. It would be pretty nice to go into a standardized exam auditorium smiling because I studied my ass of instead of my current situation of smiles and strong handshakes at job fairs, which seem to always be looking for token employees or the homeless willing to work for near minimum wage.

To further elaborate with my take on this, our current system in the US is one of extreme difficulty when it comes to finding opportunity.
(((They))) use this to "level the playing field" between whites and nonwhites in a similar manner to how common core evens out grades between races.
Racial quotas and employment services which provide extra assistance to protected classes remove opportunity from the ones with the most merit and distribute it to the ones with less.
Welfare programs also mirror this, with social workers being assigned to, and often favoring nonwhites, both because of their own preference toward helping nonwhites and by the racial guidelines built into the system.

It is certainly tricky and I don't begrudge anyone with a different opinion on the matter, but the way it's often dismissed as pure laziness is ridiculous.

math is more important than the rest, what is this normie shit.

Have to identify what is wrong in the first place, and you're not even identifying how deep the problem stems.

You say millenials learned morals and "life skills" from movies, but they haven't even learned that.

Make my own way? Nonsense. We're not victims, but we're not the arbiters of our own destiny.

Fight for what I believe in? Post modernism is buried so deep in society most people can't even articulate what they actually believe in. Literally had a conversation with someone today who said they didn't even believe themselves.

Stand up for what's right? Same problem. Moral relativism has society with their feet planted firmly in mid-air. They don't even know what's right, but by god, as soon as they get a burning in their bosom they'll stand up for it! Until they get a little wishy washy or something then maybe suck a dick.

No, the only thing this society gets that is in any sense "true" are the few bits of "science" hence the scientism that is so popular. No one actually understands it of course, and even within peer review the whole thing is decaying since we're two or three generations deep of reciprocating post-modern thought undermining any notion of integrity. Not that it would matter. Media is so far gone they could popularize any pseudo scientist that pushes whatever is convenient for their narrative and the priests of the era are born. Who cares if black science man hasn't published more than a paper or two. Science on the TV! And society is so starved for anything resembling truth they'll eat it up.

Given, the truth they're looking for is morally grounded, so they'll never actually accept it, but that won't stop them from trying to shoehorn every vaguely scientific study they can shoehorn to fit their agenda into their existing ethical model.

How do we fix Millennials? Same way we fix western society. Bring Jesus back into our lives.

Agreed for the most part.
Not sure about having a semitic religion though.

What movie do I watch to get a stable job and income and be a responsible parent and husband and deal with the tragedy of life that is working 8 hours a day at a job you don't like for the rest of my life?

These people are so delusional

Considering I'm a Millenial or so called by my date of birth. I'd have to say get them back to working with their hands. Good, honest, work, and reflecting that not everyone is going to be rich, not everyone is going to be super great, but also you are probably very good at something that is profitable. Focus on that, while you get a decent education for the least amount of money as possible, build credit while you save most of your money and enjoy life as best you can. Just because you grew up wanting to be a millionaire rock star doesn't mean that while you're enjoying and pursuing that hobby that you can't also go to school and get a job. And everything you see on social media or mainstream media is actual truth, always be sure to do your own research.

how do we fix slide threads

sage