What changed to kill the Japanese delinquent trend? Will it ever come back?

What changed to kill the Japanese delinquent trend? Will it ever come back?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MwwhGHzoCoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=w2f0je0ttDc
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=63130
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=108529
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What changed to kill the Japanese delinquent trend?
Nips developed better taste, it's the age of meek beta MCs now.

It's the same reason you don't see many greasers in American movies anymore.

edgy disaffected kids in japan don't go outside anymore

The government used psy-ops to make the elevens hate protesting and rebels. It was very effective.

So what did teenage japanese delinquents do? The same things their older counterparts but with lower stakes?

cant have this much alpha in the cast

Squat in front of FamilyMart and read Jump.

It'll come back after another war.
So post-apocalyptic delinquents.

they all became influential gamers, game designers, or members of the band kishidan
BAP DOO WAP BEE BAP DOO WAP

youtube.com/watch?v=MwwhGHzoCoQ

>Not watching the delinquent anime from this season

Beat the shit out of people for fun.

>What happened?
They turned Hanakana.
youtube.com/watch?v=w2f0je0ttDc

Japanese teenage delinquents? That's redundant, Japanese delinquents are have to be teenagers, no such thing as old Japanese delinquents. Be more specific with what age your thinking about but yes your reasoning is obviously right.

>no such thing as old Japanese delinquents
The Yakuza are old men.

I miss hanakana.

preparing themselves for their future yakuza life

This is gonna be so good.

Part 4 is the best we've got right now

They watched that documentary of kids in Chicago on CNN and realised that all their fighting was completely stupid.

OI, KORRA!

better education maybe?

>The Yakuza are old men.
Yakuza are Yakuza, not petty delinquents.

it never left

>tehe

It's probably just a cultural trend, for the same reasons we don't really see classic bullies today like we did in the 80s.

Weirdly enough I'd say 21 Jump Street is the most accurate representation of American high school today.

Better animation maybe?

Those all girl gangs back then sounded vicious as fuck. Nowadays it's just another fetish. Still, fucking people up with Yo-yos sounds both stupid and hardcore. Anybody can swing a bat or a pipe, these bitches beat people down with Yo-Yos. YO-YOs.

Got a source on that or any more info? Never heard of yo-yo beatings. They used some tricky weapons but yo-yos?

They're called the Sukeban, the yo-yo thing is kind of exaggerated, but yes "some" may have used yo-yo's

>¡Vamos, onii-chan!

kek

So it's all bullshit then...

Is Crows still a thing outside of the live action films?

>tfw superior edgy groups are gone and now we just have a bunch of ghetto memers

I don't even care if I'm Le wrong generation todays bad boys suck

How was Crows compared to Worst anyways?

The new is strong with this one.

All hail the Saki.

Not quite. The manga for the second movie is still coming out and that's about it.

Most would say Crows is better but I'm under the impression most that say that haven't fully read Worst. Some say Worst really is better and I'm under the assumption whichever you read first you'll prefer. I couldn't put up with Worst myself. I think Crows has better art so it has that going on for itself.

Give me the source on real yo-yo weapons and then you can call me new.

That's hilarious, despite how similar they all look, tiny characteristics really make the titles fit. Goddam Ouji-kun.

>real yo-yo weapons
Silly user, there's no such thing. Saki is the only yoyo-tsukai.

Yurei-sukebans need to be more of a thing.

The old mentor being offscreen too.

i hope she and tomoko spoon

topkek

It was the radiation

This generation lacks identity. There are no more gangs or groups. Nothing like the old Skinheads, Greasers, Preppies. There is nothing to be apart of except for shitty fandoms.

All we are left with is a bunch of betas who struggle to find indentity. We end up creating fake labels like "Chads" and "Normies" that aren't even real gangs. Just look at all the trouble we have with defining this shit.

We should create new subculture. Give it a name. Give it an identity. This culture will have its own fashion (that isn't fedora's and trench coats).

I've seen Clannad and have no memory of this happening.
What is the context here?

Sup Forums culture has already been nicknamed the alt-right and has been spreading like wildfire in the mainstream lately

>They're all rail thin twinks
Oh baby I'm begging you, bring them back, I want to see them try to act tough before Trone and Chad the American Marines reduce them to pulp.

Is this seriously what a Japanese """"""""""""delinquent"""""""""""" looks like? You guys used to behead people by the thousands, and now this is your concept of a teenage thug? What the fuck happened? We need to make Japan great again.

Holy shit, could you be more obnoxious?

If anything being defined by a "subculture" is a major sign of lack of own identity

>post-apocalyptic delinquents
are there any manga like this?

Doesn't Hokuto no Ken fill the description pretty well?

Where's the banchou?

It's Clannad After Story, when Tomoya confronts the other leader's band trying to help Yukine Miyazawa

Japanese people. Why aren't they normal ?

Isn't there a manga with delinquents ending up in some medieval setting and fighting dragons and shit?

Hit the gym senpai, and don't skip leg day.

Fighting another banchou cat by the riverside or an empty lot during a sunset

Is that one guy in the upper right giving a thumbs-up with his eyes closed?

nah that's just fighting shonen.
I wanna know about this.

>That glove
Karen fucking Kujo

eyes closed ?
No, that nigga dead for acting up

get cancer and stop coming here, underage

There is a real argument that this is not just a japanese thing... it's across all modern countries.

The latest couple generations are the first to have grown up under the absolute microscope of omnipresent, targeted marketing. Counter-culture like delinquents or hippies rise and latch on to things that aren't "mainstream", so what do you think happens when the mainstream marketers notice the trends and slam multi-million dollar media campaigns down the throats of teens as soon as a trend starts emerging? It stops being a counter-culture trend and becomes mainstream. Just look at the whole "goth" thing of the 90's. Even worse, if it is something that is threatening to established institutions it gets identified and smashed early, like the occupy movements of the 00's.

Basically, the rise of big data and targeted analytical models within both government and commercial sectors has aborted almost all the counter-culture movements of both the millennial generation and "generation z".

I say almost, because the one notable exception is drug culture. It survives due to a two-fold advantage: One, it's illegal; this means that that the commercial advertising sectors can only market AROUND it, like the commercialization and sterilization of rap. or the low rider car culture. They keep hitting the movements that pop up around the drug culture, but obviously can't hit the heart of the hydra because they are constrained by laws. The government, on the other hand, has been trying VERY hard to smash drug culture for a while, but they are fighting against perhaps one of the few things that they can't beat yet: raw pleasure and validation. Drugs are SO GOOD, and make so much money, that people actually stop caring if they get fucked by the government for associating with drug culture. The result of this paradox is the US drug war.

In short, no, the delinquent trend will never come back. It would be smothered by mainstream marketing instantly.

what about vaporwave?

What are some good delinquent anime/mango?

I've tried reading Angel Densetsu and was enjoying it but kind forgot about it at some point.

>tfw wear a leather jacket, white t-shirts, and jeans, smoke, and have greasy hair
it's just a good fucking feel

That entire generation grew up and turned into shitters. Most of them have dead ends jobs and all of them are unable to parade around their alpha now. Society crushed that out of them.

So weak pure-hearted dense beta MC are the new in thing. When that fails with this generation, you can hope for something else.

how's that first year of college going?

The truth is that the bursting of the economic bubble in the late 80s brought many cultural changes. Fewer yankii and more moe.

No more bitter world war veteran, grandpas to fill the head of young ones with angst and hate.

Stay mad, twink

increase in the price of hairspray

As the situation in japan worsens and they slowly slink off the global stage the bancho and deliquents will rise again.

>you can hope for something else.
hope
is irrational

If only I were still in college. Ah, good times.

The economic bust of the 80's certainly brought about many changes. A need for security and a future amidst a failing job market could be cited as a reason, however, just as often you can find social trends with increased delinquency and social unrest after severe market downturns.

Just look at the American housing collapse. It effectively tanked both housing values and retirement portfolios, but the lure of drug counter-culture is as strong as ever, maybe even moreso, and as previously cited there was more than a little unrest in the middle class.

In fact, you could look at the part-timer culture of the lost generation and onwards as a counter-culture movement, but even that has been subject to more and more aggressive marketing and governmental strategies in the past decade.

The manga Delinquent Scans do. Bakuon Rettou is fantastic.

Found it: mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=63130

>The strongest gang in the Kanto region is the Satans, by far, who have taken all the other gangs in the region under their command. The reason for their dominance is none other than their leader Yamaguchi Nitaka who is bar none the strongest fighter. With Nitaka taking charge, they begin their campaign on the Kansai region and all is going well until a flash of light takes Nitaka and his friend Mizuno Tsukasa to another world.

>When the pair come to, they are greeted by a princess who tells them that they are in a world called Olicia. In this land, magic, demons and mythical creatures are not just fantasy or a videogame but absolutely real. The princess’s kingdom has been under siege by the Demon Empire and as a last resort, she attempted to summon Satan himself to defend her people. Although she mistakenly brought Nitaka over instead of the lord of the underworld, Nitaka’s strength knows no bounds and fights equally as well against dragons and wizards.

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=108529

anyone volunteering?

Nice come back, guzzler

Stay gold faggot

is any good? it sounds right up my alley.

Here's a hint - fiction and reality are different. It's not cool when actual people do it, just obnoxious.

Art's good, from the look of things, the Olician people who summon them pretty much have a bunch of knights who are basically going "We can't fight these dragons and demons, they're too strong." then the delinquents show up and wreck them without army and crap and the knights essentially end up getting cucked.

Lots of loli fanservice too if you're into that.

>Lots of loli fanservice too if you're into that.
not really, but if the fights are cool I can ignore it.

I hope everyone ITT has read this.

What do you mean?
There's still gangs just that they deal with drugs and crime, I mean, if you start a gang you should be prepare to confront other criminals. Don't be surprised if your gang end up chop in pieces by a drug cartel or something.

Drugs and the war on drugs killed this kind of gangs that mostly did vandalism.

I started with worst and I much prefer Crows. Better main character, better cast, slightly less over the top and overdone.

And yeah, Worst had a mild decline of art/character design.

how fucking high are their ceilings that they can comfortably hold a giant like that

His dad has bigger problems than ceilings

I fucking love Kongou Banchou.

SCANS WHEN

I'd need a translator.

>mfw

I'd read it raw if I had to. It looks great.

I can upload raws for the volume I have when I get home.

Don't do that. Don't give them any kind of reverence.

The yakuza are nothing more than adult delinquents. Petty thugs.

There's nothing romantic or master mind'ish about it. It's just punks who do things like say "give us money or we'll smash your windows"

That'd be great, if I like it I might be up for translating it if I can find a typesetter. I've been looking for a translation project to do when I'm free over the summer.