Are drug addicts immoral degenerates or victims of their environment? Should they be treated like the filth they are...

Are drug addicts immoral degenerates or victims of their environment? Should they be treated like the filth they are, or with compassion and care?

I've heard that certain people have a propensity for addiction, making it even more their fault since they knew they couldn't handle drugs but they still did them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mcf9CLMQuRQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump. It's 1 am and I need an answer to this ethical dilemma

bump

The answer to both questions is unironically both.

They are both immoral degenerates and products of their environment.

They are filth and that shouldn't be ignored while you are dispensing tough love and care in helping them rise above being disgusting filth.

Drug addicts are shitty people but most of their shitty behavior is from the drugs. You become a slave to them. Most of the people who get hardcore addicted to drugs are people who haven't had nice lives and don't know how to deal with their issues so they resort to drugs to escape. They need therapy

everyday I am thankful for Fentanyl

are people who jam forks into light sockets victims?

Degenerates. It's insane that we as a society allow them to live. It's entierly their own faults and they're horrible people. I think the solution would be legalizing putting them down like the worthless animals they are.

T. Child of a druggie mother

They're almost always the victims of sexual and/ or severe physical abuse at a young age.

they are shit, treat them like such

youtube.com/watch?v=Mcf9CLMQuRQ

OP is looking for validation that he is only the 2nd lowest form of life, and not the most worthless piece of human trash to ever set foot on this planet.

He needs you to say that drug addicts are worthless trash so he doesn't feel a constant desire to blow his own brains out with a .45ACP due to the shame of being himself and his crushing lack of self-esteem.

I do hate homeless people though. Not because they did anything to deserve it. Just because they don't have the decency to drown themselves for drawing the short straw and being the unlucky "bottom of the barrel" with undiagnosed/untreated learning disabilities.

nothing wrong with a little opium now and then, we did it for thousands fo years

All I know is Heroin is great for the body

desu my brother turned me into a junkie. i was a %80 fruit diet . worked out twice a day. . I did drink though nightly. and when my place got fourclosed he gave me oxycones on the way to his lace. i was fucked ever since. although i did fuck his wife for months and got laid a lot. no longer a junkie though but still not %100 at all

Nah. I've done most everything under the sun including shooting tons of shit IV for most of my adult life. Meth, morphine (mixed together a lot of the time), oxy, roxy, adderall, fentanyl, etc, fuck man I've even shot ritalin (unexpectedly good). I can still manage to work full time, even work 60+ hours a week and am not a thief or dishonest person at all. I'll admit that a lot of drug enthusiasts are fucking shit people, thiefs and liars but I don't think it's because of the drugs. They would be shit people regardless of drugs they'd just be doing things a little bit different.

It's both. They're degenerate idiots for letting themselves get sucked into it but a) environmental factors are non-negligible and b) once you're in it it becomes very hard to get out. They should be shamed publicly but helped privately.

>Immoral degenerates

You are look at it the wrong way. You shouldn't give a fuck about if they are poor victims or not, you should care if they are a net burden to society. The answer to that is yes.
You don't let a murderer keep at it because his dad used to beat the shit out of him and that turned him violent, same applies here.

let alone this was FL and he pretty much made me go to 3 doctors a month for pills for rent an di could sell the rest. literally fucked my life mostly habit wise. but now i am a single father and redpilled.

i used to be a heroin addict and now im a 24 year old nazi so I think the answer is yes.

Well I don't think doing drugs makes you immoral, but it might make you a shitty person. It has to do with the environment and self fulfillment. It's not a very hard question senpai.

You sound like the kind of person that isn't addicted to one specific thing but habitually uses whatever. I agree and relate but when you're sticking needles into yourself you're never going to every convince people that you're normal or functioning.

On that note bout to pop a xan and shoot a dilaudid.

>Most of the people who get hardcore addicted to drugs are people who haven't had nice lives and don't know how to deal with their issues so they resort to drugs to escape

not true, 99% of people will get addicted to a drug if they like it and try it more than a few times

when you look at the world around you and the direction its heading, its hard to stay away from drugs.

/endthread

I really really really like this picture

The government should be encouraging junkies to OD on fentanyl.

Could take care of the addiction problem in a year

In most cases drug addiction is the result of self-medication, where drugs are used to make someone's daily life easier until that person finds that they eventually require the drug just to feel normal. Addiction is usually the product of a combination of personal shortcomings and unfavourable circumstances, some of which will be outside of the user's control. Even coke-addled celebrities aren't just mindless hedonists, they're struggling with their shortcomings and circumstances.

And that's not addressing those who have been on long-term medication for some physical or mental ailment and are therefore dependent. Are they immoral? I don't see how an argument for that would work.

Just legalize the lot and let addicts be functional addicts. If they fail to be functional, theft is already a crime.

t. Sharting elementary school teacher.

save it. its all yours my friend

I take fentanyl in patch form. it is a horrid drug even in small doses. I makes you feel shitty in comparison to other pain killing drugs

>I really really really like this picture

People on Sup Forums not recognizing Sarah Butts avatar from the GG wars. That's a legit pedophile SJW tranny and possible dog fucker.

People can get clean. Sometimes