What's Sup Forums's thoughts on (((tipping)))? If there are any waiters on Sup Forums I'd like to hear your take on it...

What's Sup Forums's thoughts on (((tipping)))? If there are any waiters on Sup Forums I'd like to hear your take on it. I always hear waiter fags complain about making less than minimum wage and how they're barley surviving off tips.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ih-_qkOsnFg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=ih-_qkOsnFg

Should one tip hair artists a greater amount on holidays? For example, 15-20% on normal days, 25-30% on holidays.

It's a nice thing to do but I'm not obliged to tip.

Guarantee 1 post. Has to be a slide thread

>Actually believing in the sliding meme

Are you being autistic on purpose

Tips are retarded
Increase worker payment and don't force me to cover his low salary.

>Trusting a jew for advice on spending money

Dunno about real-life tipping, but ONLINE tipping is fucking good

I work in a nice restaurant in the kitchen our waiters make 70k + a year and work 30 hours a week. I've worked at less nice restaurants and the made 55k + a year and worked 25 hours a week.

Waiters need to get the rope.

I don't tip waiters anymore since my friend who worked as one told me his boss takes all the tips.

I wouldnt know

Our country is civilized enough that tipping is unnecessary

I want it to end. I can't have it going 10-15-20% then have to tip all these other service types

Just go to your damn boss for your pay Christ

>Order a $10 pizza
>Tax is 6%
>Delivery charge is $3
>Tip is 20%
>mfw I am paying $15 for a $10 pizza

I've worked in the food industry for over 6 years and I say it often, tipping is bullshit,
>but muh unlivable wage

Either ask for a raise or get another job.
News flash! We're all making more but our dollar is worth less.. Asking to raise the minimum wage is only treating a symptom of the issue.
I will always try to turn down a tip, but if they really insist I also won't argue. If there is ever a server or bartender who bitches about tipping they are in my eyes garbage people.

My girlfriend works as a waitress in the US the hours she doesn't make minimal wage as there isnt enough demand her employer pays the difference to hit minimal wage

Fuck em. Never tip, even when travelling to the US.
I had one waiter in San Francisco get really shitty with me. He looked to be at least 40 years old, to which I asked why would a man his age still be waiting tables?
>none of your damned business
Forget about your tip, call your manager over if you even want the bill to be paid.
Don't take shit from servers.

STOP BEING AN ASS, MEAN KANGAROO

If they make under minimum wage in tips they get paid minimum wage. Unless they are working for an shady employer which happens all the time because people aren't smart enough to use that as leverage to get more money.

For the first time ever I am glad I am not American

Also, how the fuck am I going to tip a full-service car wash attendant!? Either I just have to push a button of the machine that cleans or I'll wash it at home myself!

Also, the hell is a Pooper Scooper?

I never had pets

I don't tip unless the service sucks. If the service sucks I tip one penny.

In Portugal if you eat a 30€ meal, with your family, 2€ tip is more than enough

Fucking burgers and their tipping. I never tip. Waitresses here have a minimum wage of sbout 16$/hr

Pretty good chart. Also a lot of states have a special lower minimum wage for tip-earners.

I don't know why it's such a thing, except it helps rich-appearing people get extra attention from the help. It's especially bad in dining and needs to go.

Most restaurants pay just above minimum wage here. Retail workers earn more. You can make £10/hr stocking supermarket shelves yet it's difficult to get more than £8/hr as a waiter. Tips would make up the difference but most people don't tip and most places take tips from the staff and split it equally with all employees. Waiting is actually very difficult and stressful as on busy days you can sometimes be serving 10+ tables at once. The standard waiter probably earns around £40-60 a night but I've heard at fancy resteraunts £500-1000 is common because of the tipping culture.

>The standard waiter probably earns around £40-60 a night
That's, like, 800 pounds a month

Isn't that minimum wage!?

fucking tipping sommeliers my ass, any sommelier worth their smug attitude probably makes as much as the owner of the restaurant. where the fuck do people get this shit, fucking service economies, man.

Well, it was a tool for cleaning up dog poop easily. I don't know if rich people have outsourced that too

I usually tip 20%. My approach is to focus on generating more income rather than tipping less.

you allowed to have fun with non-Sup Forums stuff user, it's sunday morning and no one cares wether you shitpost in a tip thread or not, all the threads you care about will still be up when you check on them