Ahead of it's Time?

Release in 1993.

Perfectly describes the condition of white men today.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hLmuF-0P4tk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falling_Down
laweekly.com/film/falling-down-25th-anniversary-michael-douglas-was-the-villain-8164453
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OP the thing about this movie is that the jew who made it basically came and said he intended it as a big fuck you to the white working man, who was watching his country slip away from him, and had nothing but impotent rage, and just had to deal with it.

however, it is true that in his attempt to portray "the evil white man" in depth, rather than just as a caricature, he created a very sympathetic portrait that audiences could relate to, despite the incredible amounts of violence that he created.

the reason for this is because the white male is in fact a very sympathetic character, in reality. and his plight is real. and what is happening to him in society today is a shame.

so the jews failed in their mission, but it was a very specific propaganda film against us and what we are. that's also why they had him kill the nazi, cuz joo propaganda

"I'm the bad guy?"

youtube.com/watch?v=hLmuF-0P4tk

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falling_Down
>In an interview less than a week before the Falling Down's release, screenwriter Ebbe Roe Smith gave his interpretation of what the movie was about. "To me, even though the movie deals with complicated urban issues, it really is just about one basic thing: The main character represents the old power structure of the U.S. that has now become archaic, and hopelessly lost. And that way, I guess you could say D-FENS is like Los Angeles. For both of them, it's adjust-or-die time..."
they're just celebrating the death of white america and the death of the white male, and they accidentally created something a lot of us could actually relate to. not because they're ahead of their time and IN touch with us, but because they're evil pieces of shit and totally OUT of touch with us.

still a great movie though, i watch it all the time, just was not intentionally created to be what it is.

Look whats written on the steps.

shutup fag

the scene posted here really sums up the point and intention of the movie. they tried to create an in depth portrait of the white male in america and then turn him into the back guy. shot him up in the end by the cuck cop. total humiliation. but most people who watched it could see the humanity in d-fenz and ultimately related with him a lot more than the "heroic" cuck cop.

HOLY SHIT I JUST GOOGLED THIS IT REALLY DOES SAY PEPE. THIS IS NOT SHOPPED. REPEAT, NOT SHOPPED!

>however, it is true that in his attempt to portray "the evil white man" in depth
ironically michael douglas is also jewish

Duvall and Douglas both good guys. Duvall was tricked by jews into killing Douglas. Only bad people are women, gooks, spics, caltrans.

i know dude, i know, the movie was a direct shot at us

HOLY FUCK IT'S SHADILAY ALL OVER AGAIN! I HAVE FUCKING GOOSEBUMPS!

Yeah, I always though that Michael Douglas's character was sympathetic throughout the film, especially the end.

>Does everything right
>Wife fucks him over
>Job fucks him over
>System fucks him over

At the end, even Duval admits he's right; but what the fuck does he care, he's retiring.

It's the youth that are feeling this shift hard, Rather than rampaging against the system like in the movie, they're just opting out (dropping out of society or just plain suicide)

this is too weird...I was thinking about this movie lately, hadn't seen it since I was a kid in the 90s. Literally just watched it less than 20 mins ago tonight for the first time and I come here and see this

for some reason we were made to watch this movie in school

Because it's Mexican gang graffiti Pepe is a nickname

Well if you get exited about a frog with a Hispanic name...just fuckin kill yourself Nazi scum!

stfu dude, i don't give a fuck about shadilay and kekistan and that horseshit. i thought it was interesting because it's a synchronicity. you know? like "wreck of the titan" being written a few years before the titanic sank, and describing it in detail.
this movie represents the supposed last dying gasp of white america. it was made in the 80s.
now we have a right-wing populist movement that is the literal last dying gasp of white america, as our demographic replacement becomes complete in the US, and it's represented by "pepe".
i think that's interesting. i think that's something worthwhile and noteworthy. that "pepe" would be on the famous front cover of this movie.

Get out of here kike

>Falling Down
>a film by Joel (((Schumacher)))
>starring Michael (((Douglas)))
לקבל זיין

or rather, the movie is supposed to represent the end of white america. not the last dying gasp. the last dying gasp is now. the end did already happen in the second half of the 20th century though.

Like some kinda pre-cog history lesson?
"This is what's gonna happen to Western Society"

What was the lesson? To lay down and take the bullet?

Seriously, ever other group is told to rebel in this circumstance. But why is it expected for white men to just accept their fate?

Do you even know what shadilay is?

Like other posts mentioned, hollywood's (((message))) backfired.

The movie made the Douglas's character relatable and sympathetic.

yeah i do. sorry i misread your comment actually. totally misread it. thought were being a dick. like "go back to T_D, where they talk about shadilay", my bad.

yeah i think it's interesting. it's fuckin' weird that "pepe" would be written there. it's one of those fucking cosmic synchronicities because this is probably the single most "alt-right" movie to ever come out of jew-run hollywood.

Well at least we can all agree that the movie officially has Pepe's seal of approval.

Kek I guess my excitement came across as sarcasm. I haven't seen a synchronicity on Sup Forums like this since the Baron Trump book.

i wouldn't call this movie redpilled, but i don't think it could even be made today.

evidence that the shill campaign against kek has been successful

it's not even your fault man its just that when people talk in caps on Sup Forums you expect them to be dicks.

actually anytime people talk on Sup Forums you expect them to be dicks.

synchronicity is an interesting thing. makes me think there is a universal consciousness that knows all and sees all that we can tap into. or something like an "akashik records". or something to do with the nature of time being static. or time travelers. or universe is a simulation. i dunno, it all makes my head spin.

That movie never said a goddamn word about race.

when Trump and Brexit usher in a new era not unlike the 1980's.

time is a flat circle bros.

The part that implies he beat his wife was added in to make him a 'bad guy'.

Fuck the shills, the initiated here still know the truth. The massive shill war against kek is just proof of how much (((they))) fear him.

if you watch it again you'll see it doesn't imply he beat his wife. his wife says he never beat her. she is basically filing a false report. shes saying "he COULD beat me one day!"
and she got a restraining order against him when essentially he never even raised a hand against her.
totally relevant to shit that is going on today.
BUT you got me thinking now about whether or not this could have been an unintentional statement by the filmmakers.
if true it's funny because this is really the part that makes D-Fenz sympathetic. he really gets screwed over by his cunt wife the whole movie. just another way they tried to make him out to be a villain but ended up portraying him as a sympathetic anti-hero.

The truth about all these things will be revealed soon

No country.
No hope.
No future.

Because the other groups can't accomplish real change, so telling them to "rebel" is safe.

It's the whites who pose the real danger to (((them))). This is why for over a century they have been working to exterminate the whites.

it was an english studies class, honestly can't remember much about that day, think my teacher talked about how anyone can be pushed to the edge given the circumstances, i dunno, my whole class was just whites and wogs anyway

thanks user. nice meme. 1488. heil the reich and down with atheist, nihilistic scum!

get tha fuck out

Yeah, I mean that's the lesson I got as a kid when watching: we're all just one bad day from snapping. Over time the movie kinda took a new perspective: we're getting pushed out for an even worse system and they'res nothing we can do about it.

Why?

I'd say it was inadvertently redpilled.

I actually saw this the week it opened, I loved it !
I took a new girlfriend with, but she left me soon afterwords, I couldn't understand why !

Holy shit, it's real !

"I'm the bad guy?"

All we needed is trips 7 to completely start joggin the noggin.

This is such an incredibly stupid thing to say. Pointing out a cause doesn't explain the probability of the consequent, idiot. The chances of "pepe" being on the cover of a redpilled movie is obviously extremely low.
>hurr but you don't understand. some mexican taggers are named pepe durr
Kill yourself, you stupid subhuman.

/our movie/

Just watched the ending again, the woman works with the social authority to destroy the white male.

They weren't even being subtle 25 years ago.

>they accidentally created something a lot of us could actually relate to. not because they're ahead of their time and IN touch with us, but because they're evil pieces of shit and totally OUT of touch with us.

Wise words.

This is also true of movies like Robocop and Starship Troopers. Verhoeven will rabidly claim it's antifascist, it's satire. While there's certainly satire and humor, and a lot directed at staples like out of touch CEOs, stupid military men, dumb orders, corrupt cops.. they're also accidentally held up by right-wingers.

Not even the lefties like the movies in a way that's consistent with the supposed satire. Watch someone explain how Starship Troopers satirizes propaganda and how you're therefore not supposed to like the main characters and how the framing of the conflict is supposed to be (mentioned in passing) that humanity is responsible, the bug dindu nuffin and was only protecting itself. No seriously that's how you're "supposed" to read the movie.
Yet the average lefty fan of the movie, even saying this, will cheer for the humans and watch it for the action. Which was supposedly antithetical to
>the point of the movie

It really makes no sense. Maybe like you said they're so far up their own asses they can't see their own movie neutrally.

HOLY SHIT I JUST Sup Forums'D THIS IT REALLY DOES SAY PEPE. I JUST UNDERSTOOD A REFERENCE I REPEAT, CONFIRMED FAGGOT!

heard you was talkin' shit /sg/? /PTG/ MAGAPEDES UNITE

HOLY FUCKING SHIT IS REAL

lmfao i posted this shit in the wrong thread

Caltrans here. His claim about the need to spend budget projections is 100% accurate, but our budget has been fucked for so long that we can't keep up with the deterioration of California highways, so keeping every cent is crucial. However, the trenching activity shown in the film appears to be water main piping, so it would probably be the local water system (LACWD?) encroaching on state lands. Plus, total closures like that are extremely frowned upon by Traffic Ops, so there's generally months notice before a state route is completely shut off for repair, and most jobs are performed on long holiday weekends so the traveling public won't have their jobs interrupted; travel for pleasure is less of a priority.

looks like ancient english pepe hieroglyphics

laweekly.com/film/falling-down-25th-anniversary-michael-douglas-was-the-villain-8164453

Damn, you *do* sound like Caltrans.

In the movie:
> The military leader who failed got fired and replaced with someone who knew their shit.
Yeah, she's a strong independent black woman who don't need no man or whatever, but the movie is liberal propaganda, so the white man being thrown out in favour of a black woman is to be expected.

> Everything is so competently run that they get not just bullets and drinkable water, but everything up to and including hair spray and acne cream moved half across the galaxy.

Just look at their hair man. And hell, they have yankees and niggers dancing to dixie together. Fascism has solved the race issue. How terrible.

> The government actually changes its strategy to tackle the bug problem when their first approach didn't work out.

They started getting new weapons, using more aircraft to bomb, etc. You can see this all throughout the movie. In the beginning they just land a bunch of dudes, in the end of the movie, they have fortresses, air support, heavy turrets, etc.

So why is this system that is shown to not only work but to be fundamentally more honest and open to critique in its approaches to solving problems supposed to be bad in that movie?

We're here to get you there.

This

Same thing happened with American History X it was Jew propaganda but in attempting to accurately depict how one could become a neo nazi they did too good a job causing it to backfire and redpill a lot of people into hating not only neo nazis but niggers and Jews as well.

Same for American history x. It's clearly not a pro white movie, but find 1 flaw with Derek's speech in the parking lot. He even says weed is for niggers.

I'm convinced it was partially meant to taunt us, and partially to associate those very real concerns with violent racism.

No fucking way

Wtf is happening! I just Google image searched falling down poster and there it is. It's not a shop.

Kek is leaving us clues.

this should be a statue someday
the white man stands in good memes

Same thing happened with American History X. Edward Norton's character dropped too many racial red pills, which inadvertently made him a sympathetic character.

Wasn't that the point of the movie? How good people can be pushed into radical agendas by circumstance, and that we should you know, not push people into becoming nazis by fucking them over?

To me that entire movie was a jew saying "hey there fellow chosens, we may have to readjust our approach or the holocaust will actually happen".

it was concurrent to its then current year.

it wasn't ahead of its time at all. it's part of the reason i got out of engineering.

Just watched this film because of this thread.
And here I was thinking I've already watched all the fantastic movies there are to watch. This movie made me feel feels I didn't want to feel, but had to.

>mfw I want "the dream" of a wife and kids
>mfw because I haven't had it, I haven't had the chance to be fucked over by society

So it begins also there is the number 8...8chaan?

Oh my God please save us from this wicked world

Yes possible.
Also 8 is an infinity loop, remember what the song Pepe was called? Point emerging probably entering. P.e.p.e. descriptive of the travel along an infinite loop.

A lot of the sympathy for Foster comes from Douglas' performance here. There's a huge range. Foster could have been a simple angry, or comedic, or pathetic character, but Douglas gave him huge depth between and within scenes. Foster's rampage is not a fury, nor a cry for help, but a sermon come lamentation for society at large. A self destructive preacher's rant about the state of America, but which isn't entirely wrong.

What gives Foster his staying power in popular culture are his speeches, not his gunshots. The act of falling down is only a vehicle, giving him a stage on which to tirade against a dysfunctional civilization. Many of the audience, applauded.

Of course, because it didn't have to.

>A useful white man gets downgraded
>gangs of ethnic minorities turning parts of the city into something mirroring Latin American culture
>The white man actually hates the neo-nazi, sees him as a lunatic
>The wife took everything
>Die a meaningless death, no great saving moment, that's it

So, any more movies like this?

Fight club, though not for the reason most here would think.

Wad de fug it's real?

similarly to taxi driver

Yeah, watched it. I also liked Children of Men. In a way, this is a truly fascinating era. People will soon look upon the old Europe with nostalgia.

Oh my.

The ending of the words is dubz.

Christ, what an absolute trainwreck of an "article"
>Hey, White People: Michael Douglas Is the Villain, Not the Victim, in Falling Down

If you have to go to these lengths to discredit a position from a fictional movie whose director explicitly stated it was created as a fuck you to white men, your position might be incredibly weak.

M A X I M U M
P L E B E I A N

A smart poster on pol?
what timeline is this

love the movie

but does there really have to be a daily thread about it?

not ahead of its time, its just worse than you imagined.

A lot of these over the top "fuck you" stuff seems to create an opposite of the intended effect. The anti gamergate episode comes to mind.