pastebin.com/bNtCEQBS
youtu.be/ACCvfcfdoNU
youtube.com/watch?v=iBHb_cNr6BA
youtube.com/watch?v=dRUESFPX-a4
youtube.com/watch?v=tE7I7ffmIfg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Re:Zero has really surprised me this season

thought it would be shitty

How do you define what is and what isn't a sakuga?

sakuga,yshi.org
pastebin.com/bNtCEQBS

kys, and take this twitter circlejerk out of Sup Forums

youtu.be/ACCvfcfdoNU

>
>kys, and take this twitter circlejerk out of Sup Forums
Nigger what

It's a shame that when it's not going full Sakuga, the rest of Conrevo looks pretty sub-par.

>hey guys these are our blogs and twitters pls subscribe
Fuck
Off

lmao where is the animation

interesting

Can't wait for the Garo movie BDs, the action looks very promising.

youtube.com/watch?v=iBHb_cNr6BA

This looks like shit

What would anti sakuga be?

There's not much impressive animation lately, but that's typical of the mid-season.

Still frames with no movement made to fill up time cheaply.

Also QUALITY. QUALITY definitely counts.

Toei

guys, adobe after effects is not animation

Goddamn I need to watch that show. It's been on my backlog for way too long, and every time I see a scene from it it looks amazing.

i am watching it right now, and though it seems to be pretty big on the moeshit sol, it is actually pretty entertaining still

what show is this?

>moeshit sol
Lurk 2 years before posting

The webms are literally the only good part.

Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta

Have a nice day, user

Nah, the sound design in YZQ is also phenomenal.

I dare you to say that again!
They are wasted on this board
youtube.com/watch?v=dRUESFPX-a4

See pic

Fucking Glasslip, please stop reminding me.

Hey boorufags can you add a date tag for the season a show is from? Like "Spring 2016".
I'd like to see what's new from the latest season without checking each single show's tag every time, is what I mean. I don't even watch most of them.
Yes of course do it just for me thank you very much.

"no"

>KyoAni anime on sakugabooru
>Artist unknown
>Artist unknown
>Artist unknown

Can't those niggers read the credits and tell by the style alone? There's only a handful of KyoAni key animators and they're always the same people anyway. I have a feeling they only know the artist because he/she posts the genga on their personal twitter account.

youtube.com/watch?v=FBcpj-ok1k0

I love this thing.

So any Dezaki anime?

It's hard to tell when the differences are more subtle, the few tagged posts tend to come from staff commentary found in the BDs.

So I was just watching God Bless Dancouga and noticed an animator wrote his name in the animation.

a strong competitor

It's a wonder how Ohira went from a Kanada/Masahito Yamashita follower to having his own style of realism today.

Are you guys special needs or something?

WIT is truly the best studio of our time.

More speed lines please

>zooming in

how about you learn what animation is

>ignoring the smears and effects work

Try again.

What does sakuga mean guys :)

It's a weeb buzzword.

The only part worth a bit of praise is the turn around the antagonist.
And it lasts less than 1 second.
The blond girl acceleration might look neat but if you look closely it's 1 second of a full body shot and 3 of smoke and speed lines. The close up on her face is all speed lines too, and not that impressive since turning from 3/4 face to front face has never been that hard to animate. I'll concede that the intervallists did a pretty good job, but the guy who did the key drawings was pretty damn lazy.

But isn't this a sakuga thread?
For a ufotable thread, this would be relevant.

This season is lacking Fuurota.

Okay, but how is that relevant to this thread?

Not him.

Sakuga =/= good animation.
Sakuga = Improvement in animation for a certain scene.

The scene he posted does this.

Baited for these exact responses

I've always hated this definition. I guess a series with consistently good animation has no sakuga, then.

A pastebin and the sakuga booru?

Neither of them are blogs

You'd have to be retarded to believe this.

That's literally what that shitty definition implies.

>hurr durr this animation is literally perfect and can't be better in any shape, way, or form.

That has nothing to do with what I said.

Not even trying to offend or bait anyone but yozakura quartet didn't interest me. At all. Animation in the webms are mostly from the OVAs from what I'm told on here, I watched the main series (not 2008, the newer one that supposedly follows the source material more accurately) and just wasn't feeling it. Didn't really like any characters so even if something cool happened I barely cared. I didn't get that far in tho so maybe o should try again one day

Does every thread have to turn into shitposting, console/company/studio wars, bait , etc

Can't you people get along for once and post nice animation ? Its really not that hard

You're implying that it's literally impossible for the animation to get any better.

Stop being a goddamn retard.

Sakuga =animation
Motion graphics != Sakuga

Sakuga literally means animation, it can be good or bad. Informally it is used to mean good animation.

Sakuga (作画) (lit., "drawing pictures") is a term used in anime to describe moments in a show or movie when the quality of the animation improves drastically, typically for the sake of making a dramatic point or enlivening the action.

The newer TV series has lots of good animation as well, but it's understandable if you didn't like it.

That's an awful definition, where'd you get that?

Sakuga = increased frames out of nowhere

Usually in either fights or character acting

Google.

Basically this.

No, I'm saying that the definition
>Sakuga = Improvement in animation for a certain scene.
implies that a series with consistently good animation has no sakuga. It could be better, but that has nothing to do with this definition.
That is why I subscribe to this definition:
>Sakuga literally means animation, it can be good or bad. Informally it is used to mean good animation.

I looked it up and it looks like it's by some random "anime expert".

I'm convinced I'm being baited.

Is this shit really such a hard concept to grasp?
There's no such thing as "perfect" animation. Everything can always be improved, including the Sakuga itself.

Nah it's boring shit. Would be forgettable Endride tier if it didn't get special attention/effort in production (I think someone being buddy-buddy with the mangaka wasn't it?)

Mob psycho 100 wil probably have good animation this summer.

There doesn't have to be "perfect" animation. That has nothing to do with it. I'm saying that your definition doesn't hold in the case of a show that has consistently the same quality of good animation. In that case those sakuga mounts wouldn't be in the goddamn graph and there would thus be no sakuga.

Too bad it's unlikely to be as well-animated as OPM.

Why is loli giving him a bj in front of other people?

Fuck sakuga, just call it good animation.

just think if the godzilla movie wasnt made we could have already watched rebuild 4.44

If a show has consistently good animation, but never tries to do any better at all for their more important scenes this never happens, then correct, no Sakuga.

So even if all of the animation in that show was amazing, we would not be allowed to post it in these threads because the definition of sakuga is retardedly specific?

Why do people keep posting this show? Sometimes even the best clips tend not to look so great.

Yes.
Now try finding me a single example of a show that never does this.

>itano circus
>not good every time

Get out

why? it has a better staff.

>Its really not that hard
Obviously, it is if this is how threads always turn out.

Shinya Ohira's Asura's Wrath OVA.

That's irrelevant. What matters is that the definition is really arbitrary. It could just be "good animation" and have the exact same effect, except it doesn't disqualify scenes because of things that aren't actually relevant to the scene of animation we're looking at.

I would guess that the poster considers that scene to be cool and/or of good enough animation quality to fit the term sakuga=good animation=I liked it very much=some other definition.

Lol what. Sakuga literally translated as animation. In anime sakuga is animated parts, while the rest of the show is typically a moving sprites due to shit budget.
True animation is when each frame is drawn from scratch.

It won't have as many good animators on board as OPM, only a handful have gone over to work on Mob Psycho.

>while the rest of the show is typically a moving sprites

You don't need to write a blog post about your shit taste and the new TV series has tons of animation just as good as the OVAs.

>Good animation.

It's fucking shit most of the time. Skipping through it you can obviously see the scenes that were animated better than others.

youtube.com/watch?v=tE7I7ffmIfg

>That's irrelevant.
No it isn't. Since it doesn't exist, it doesn't exclude anything.

Don't worry guys I'll save this thread.