Sephirotic's Full V2 Evangelion Patch is finally up

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=814161

The delays were constant, the sacrifices enormous but it's finally here.

Don't forget to patch your older files to increase the download speed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PUDaoXHFnhY
desustorage.org/a/thread/138061858/#138065576
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=732926
forum.evageeks.org/thread/18332/The-newest-most-accurate-EoE-subs-to-date-are-out/
dropbox.com/s/kybal2pod1ye317/Sephirotic V2 release preload patches.zip?dl=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is this superior to 2deep4u?

Unless 2D4U makes a V2, I dare to say yes, it is. The eng subs are from his typesetting.

Damnit. And I had just stored away NGE.

About fucking time. I'm missing 25, 26 and End of Evangelion.

Thanks. I love you.

You are welcome.

here is the official release trailer I made for this release, by the way:

youtube.com/watch?v=PUDaoXHFnhY

:3

Very well!

Thank you man, downloading it now, but don't give an ETA ever again in your life.

Also, didn't you say it would include Death(true)^2?

I never said I did.
I prefer the Death from Death and Rebirth myself, it is sharper and has extra DC scenes not present in V2, you can always download my own release of the Death and Rebirth.

desustorage.org/a/thread/138061858/#138065576

Here:
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=732926

>desustorage.org/a/thread/138061858/#138065576
Ow, I wonder what I was thinking back then.

Fuck.
Now I need to clean up my HD, and I was just looking forward to taking it easy tonight.
You have officially ruined my day.

>EoE subs by evageeks

So, how much fanwank bullshit do they contain?

Well, I was going to release a standalone torrent for the V2 of EoE. I may add it there then and call it "Revival"

No, it's not by Evageeks, it's by me. Did I write that in the torrent description?

forum.evageeks.org/thread/18332/The-newest-most-accurate-EoE-subs-to-date-are-out/

Well, my completionist's soul would be very grateful to you.

Damn, everyone downloading is less than 1%. None of you donwloaded the pre-load torrent? If you did, please apply the patch!

dropbox.com/s/kybal2pod1ye317/Sephirotic V2 release preload patches.zip?dl=0

What's so special about your release?
I'm not critisizing, just asking

You should have expected this.

I did, but I'm not on windows so I'm patching every file manually, and shit's slow to do.

Read the torrent description, fucking mongloid.

Basically most grain retention, EoE included with exclusive new improved subtitles and COLOR AND EXPOSURE CORRECTION
Read the description.

Great, thanks a lot! I've been waiting for this. Time for the rewatch!
You have all my love for this. (No homo.)

Custom chapters for EoE (since I couldn't find old Manga DVD isos which supposedly had chapters in them)

> For the sake of saving some extra 500megabytes I decided to remove them from the .mkv files and stored them separately on the extra fonts folder. Please install them manually from there on your system.

What's the point of doing that when the release is like 55gb already? I thought one of the biggest reasons you were so adamant on using 8-bit over 10-bit was to increase compatibility, but having to manually install the fonts actually arguably makes it LESS compatible than 10-bit with embedded fonts would be. I appreciate all the hard work you've put into the release and thank you for it, I just thought that was kinda weird and I won't really be able to seed it if I change the files by muxing the fonts back in. Would you be able to make a secondary torrent or patch to add the fonts back in for people who don't give a shit about having an extra 500mb?

For fucks sake I just downloaded 2D4U to re watch NGE a week ago, I'm on episode 23 now.

Calm down, the font I removed from 2D4U's is just the Matisse font. That fon't wasn't used on the dialogues or titles, only on some stylized signs.

And what is so difficult in installing fonts, anyway? Open Control Panel > Fonts Copy and Paste.

That takes less than 20 seconds.

That is much less wasteful than having 500mb of redundant data, (over 1gb if you consider the arabic and chinese fonts).

I won't be doing any patches because I want this torrent to live for several months, years, if possible.

2D4U is more than enough. Don't worry.

I am calm, I'm just confused why saving 500mb in a 55gb torrent is worth the drop in compatibility (even if it's just for some signs) and possibly seeds. Also makes it a bit harder to recommend when I have to tell them they have to install fonts. It's just really clunky and inconvenient.

>you are confused
Maybe you don't see that this is not a big deal.
I wouldn't have done that if the Matisse font was a Unique font that was essential to keep the "style" 2D4U choose and would ruin the tyepesetting without it.

No, Matisse looks pretty much like Times new Roman, it is only used with fansubber because it has Kanjis contained inside it. but no Kanjis were used in the Eva release on NONE of 2D4U signs.

Maybe I should have altered the style back Times new Roman, but that would take a lot of time, instead I just set the default font for Times new Roman instead. People would hardly even notice there is a font missing, they DON'T NEED TO INSTALL IT if they don't want it.

Picture related, top is matisse, bottom is the default time new roman font which the subs will revert to. It's almost identical.

One's slightly larger than the other, causing the alignment/positioning to be a bit off (especially if there are signs with more careful placement than this), but I agree it wouldn't really be an issue for more people.

I'm just as autistic about subs as I am about video quality (if not more at times, as well done typesetting really helps a release stand above the others if they're otherwise pretty similar, shitty timing can easily ruin an entire release regardless of how unbelievably good the rest of it is, etc).

I agree it's not that big of a deal for most people with the fonts outside of size being pretty much identical though, so I guess I'll just drop it and mux it in or something and consider myself an outlier here.

is it just me or is the naming format for the episodes retarded

If it were up to me, I'd drop most of the tags from a file name inside a batch folder.
But if you're going to keep the tags, I don't see much wrong with the ones that were chosen.

whats so special about mattisse font?

You'd understand if you were a little girl.

subs autism, just like this release is encoding autism

Some people are subautists.

About time. Shame I won't be able to grab it until later. Still, though, good work.

well seph really inspires confidence on that
>Wait forward for it
>The EoE is also exclusive as it has the best subtitles ever release
>Nevertheless, this should be the best subtitle for
EoE we ever Had.

>The EoE is also exclusive as it has the best subtitles ever release
Just learn fucking moon already.

This. For me a misaligned/badly positioned/badly sized piece of typesetting, some bad timing here and there, or a random typo is just as distracting as banding / random bad colors / other encoding problems, it's just that a video problem is usually something that's going to persist throughout rather than randomly popping up like it does with subs (unless it's flat out consistently bad timing with scene bleeds and stuff). Which is also why I find so worrying (unless he had a team to help edit the subs).

Release aside Sephirotic, about the translation notes for EoE, in [5], do you think that includes absolutely everyone? Rei, too? Given the fact she lead everything plus she wasn't entirely a human.
Just wanted to hear your opinion, that's all.

Well, it's not like 2D4U made his TS on Illustrator either. He admited that he is not much into TS anyway.

pic related.

But we will never have proper TS for eva, mainly because it's not doable to seamlessly typeset analogical anime with all the film shake grain and background textures anyway.

I just rushed that description without proofreading.
I had 2 QCers for the Eng subs for the EoE, I still didn't have comfortable time to profread them as much as I wanted, to be honest.

Audio tracks are:
Primary: 5.1 renewal mix QAAC Japanese
You mean BD right? not renewal?

That's a reasonable thing to say to someone interested in LNs, VNs, or reading the source material for manga TLs (since most manga TLs can pretty much be considered fan fiction that uses the original pages). In those cases, those things aren't translated and either pretty much never will be or the translation isn't going to be as good as the original.

For anime? Not really a good response. Especially when criticizing a release's subs in a fansub. Not everyone is going to want to undertake the massive time commitment of learning Japanese just to watch anime without having to deal with possibly shitty subs. I'm doing it, and I think "learn Japanese" is a dumb response to complaining about anime subs. Plus some people who DO know Japanese are still going to be concerned about the quality of subs if they're recommending the release to people who don't know the language.

This has been open to a lot of fanwank.
I personally believe there are some hundreds of million of people that probably never come back. Very small children, depressed people, senile people, psychotic people, etc.

Rei returning? I don't think so, I don't have a close theory regarding what happens to Rei afterward. She and Kaworu did say they were "hope" in the heart of people, maybe Rei became "Quantum Rei" and surpassed time, this is why Shinji sees her in the beginning of episode 01. It's a reflex post Third Impact. I think she fragmented throughout all the souls of humanity, as souls have the ability to merge and split. But the Rei I, Rei II and Rei III we see in the series, no, I don't think they will ever come back, as they are ruptured personalities from Lilith, when they returned to Lilith, her original identity was restored as a supreme being, their identity as mortal Japanese girls lost all meaning.

The mix for the BD is the same made specially for the renewal back in 2003, but now in lossless.

So what happened to Kaworu? Wasn't he merged with Lilith?

Thanks, man. I'll declutter the HD and keep it seeding for a while. The BD anticipation/encode threads were some of the best eva threads we had in a long time.

You can keep it or compare and replace it if you feel like it. Chances are you wouldn't notice a lot of this on a regular watch.

It was never really explained what happened to Kaworu after episode 24.

Theoretically, if you don't destroy an angel cores, they still survive. This even applies to Rei, as after Rei II "dies" on 23, likely her core was re-implanted on a new Rei body.
Maybe, for some reason, they implated Kaworu's core back into Lilith, but that is fanwank never really confirmed in the series.
I think the same thing I said about Rei applies to Kaworu, the 15yo Japanese(?) boy won't return.

>I'm not a "release group", I'm just a die hard Eva fan who happens to know about video editing and was sad that no one decided to pick this job seriously to the level of attention to detail a fan like myself would have wanted.

>My release used the latter as a based

>most lines adapted from Bochan_bird's translation script from Evaotaku.com Bochan_bird still missed some lines correctly

>QC is from pwhodges but some minor typo mistakes may still be present as I didn't want to find another person do to one extra final proofread.

>First obvious reason is the complete pack including EoE, no one has done that

>They were made from scratch by me For the ENTIRE series. Whith took a god lot amount of time.

>I'm sorry but I couldn't afford typesetting all secondary languages

>French Subs were the same used as Fussoir as they were different from the previously version I had.

>I'm not so sure about the choice of font by Fussoir, I decided no to change them as this may be the preference of french people.

God damn i love you for this man. Word cannot express my thanks to you. Rip in pepes my poor internet connection. I'll seed for a long ass time, but with 1 mbps up it's not really something that matters.

I did, but 'm not home and I still have to make space for the rest so I can't help much right now.

Everything below Kaworu's neck was crushed to grease.

Thank you for your time proofreading it, fixed most of those :3

1Mbps is fine for torrenting, people connect to many peers to download.

I am so fucking sick of 4.0's delay.

It's just fucking sick, can you imagine how many Eva fans in Japan alone are fed up with Anno's bullshit?

How have people not started sending hate mail and death threats to Anno again? Someone needs to go and vandalize Khara's main studio.

Fuck those assholes, all of them. After the broken promieses and shitfest we got with 3.0, they can at least TRY to satisfy fans by releasing the ending. Not fucking have us waiting 5 fucking years for it.

I hope when 4.0 comes out, it bombs hard and Anno gets ridiculed and shat on and Khara goes bankrupt.

> fixed most of those
which errors did you leave in

Woah, just take it easy, man.

Thank you for your patience waiting for it!

Well aren't I just glad I got around to bumping up the storage on my seedbox last week. Still going to take literal weeks to download this, though, no doubt.

Yeah, I just realized I shouldn't have posted this here. I apologize, Rebuild just does this to me.

Where you talk about CBM's release, did you mean to say "most" instead of "more" regarding seeds? And you might want to change "than" to "over" regarding subtitle preference over 2D4U. Not trying to patronize, just want to help.

1) "Standard" Version
(aka: sober, recommended to those not accustomed to Japanese or fansubing or watching eva for the first time)

*No Lyrics,
*no sufixes,
*no Translation Notes marks.
*"Senpai" said by Maya is translated as "Ritsuko,
*Surnames and Nouns are in the direct order.

2) "Honorifics" Version
(Recommended for all of us that have already watched EoE at least once)

*-san and -kun honorifics are present,
*"Senpai" is maintained (although I translated "sensei", said by Gendou as "professor"),
*lyrics for both Komm süsser tod and Hajimari e no Touji are present,
*Indirect order of Surnames preserved (Akagi, Ritsuko-kun instead of Ritsuko Akagi)
*and most importantly are the translation notes. (They are NOT long lines on the top of the video, mind you.) They are small discrete refer indexes [1], [2], [3] on the top left corner of the video, referring to full explanations of ambiguous and vague difficult terms shown by the Credits scene, or to be read on an external .doc file.

why cant we have a TL version with honorifics, without TL notes?

Because making 3 or 4 subtitles tracks would be insane, (such as those that wanted honorifics and no Lyrics).

I can't please everyone.

I have been waiting for years to re-watch Eva. Waiting and hoping for a bluray release which eventually happened, and then after that for someone to fix the BDs as best as they could. Finally going to re-watch it starting tonight with this.

> starting tonight with this
You DO realize that this is 55 GB and VERY few people are above 50% at the moment?

I downloaded all the pre-load torrents and are patching them now. By the time I get through all of those episodes the remaining episodes and EoE should be finished downloading.

Good to know that you find this satisfactory even tough I haven color corrected all the episodes I have wished to.

ETA is around 5 hours. I'm constantly uploading at 3 megabytes per second.

What held you back from color correcting those episodes?

Guys forgive me for being such a newfag, but what is a "patch" when it comes to animu?

>press button to cross
Subautism at its finest, this shit serves no storytelling purpose, doesn't enhance the experience and only comes as entirely distracting. Anime subbers are fucking retarded attention whores that are putting effort in all the wrong priorities in life.

>"learn Japanese" is a dumb response to complaining about anime subs
Complaining about shows and subs you don't pay for is even more retarded.

I didn't really consider timezones. If it were to be done in 5 hours, ordinary people would already be waking up around here.

>not wanting to know what signs say

If I see foreign text in a show I'm watching I wanna know what it reads.

Time. Each episode took over 12 hours to color-correct. I've done 9 of them.

yeah dude same agreed we should all eat hadena-tier shit instead of striving for something better hahaha

But seriously

In this day and age where the vast majority of anime gets translated within a day of release, the entire point of fansubs are to provide an increase in quality over the official subs to the point that even if you buy the BDs and such to support them, you'd still use the fansubs because it has better video quality and better subs.

Telling someone to learn Japanese in response to not wanting a release to have terrible subs that are worse than the alternatives is like selling someone a TV remote and then calling them a retard when it's broken and telling them to learn how to build their own remote. Hell, learning the skills required to make your own remote and putting those skills to practice would take a hell of a lot less time than what it would take to learn Japanese to the degree of being able to understand all of Evangelion without any subs.

Do these patches take a while? On the first one and it's been over 5 minutes.

>Telling someone to learn Japanese in response to not wanting a release to have terrible subs that are worse than the alternatives is like selling someone a TV remote and then calling them a retard when it's broken and telling them to learn how to build their own remote
People bought the remote, they paid money for it, in this case people are complaining about piracy not being good enough.

The remote in this case is a fansub, which is SUPPOSED to be an improvement over the official release, and when the subs are significantly worse than the official subs (or worse at all), the fansub is effectively "broken".

The entire point of the post seems to have gone right over your head, so I'll go ahead and quote the rest of the post for you since you singled that one bit out and misinterpreted it.
>yeah dude same agreed we should all eat hadena-tier shit instead of striving for something better hahaha
>In this day and age where the vast majority of anime gets translated within a day of release, the entire point of fansubs are to provide an increase in quality over the official subs to the point that even if you buy the BDs and such to support them, you'd still use the fansubs because it has better video quality and better subs.
>Hell, learning the skills required to make your own remote and putting those skills to practice would take a hell of a lot less time than what it would take to learn Japanese to the degree of being able to understand all of Evangelion without any subs.

Any plans to go back and do them at another time? Either way this seems like the best release so far.

>watch NGE 3 weeks ago got first time
>then this happens

I admire your autism, OP. We should send OP some steam games for his troubles.

>fansub which is SUPPOSED to be an improvement over the official release
You need to go easy with drugs.

Hadena is piracy shit, you didn't pay a cent for it, they don't have to put out quality, they don't even have to put out anything at all, you don't pay, you're a begger, not a chooser. If people give you feces, that's what you'll eat, because you didn't pay for it, you don't get to choose and you don't get to complain.

>the entire point of fansubs are to provide an increase in quality over the official subs
Surely you mean providing wank to pirates.

>Hell, learning the skills required to make your own remote and putting those skills to practice would take a hell of a lot less time than what it would take to learn Japanese to the degree of being able to understand all of Evangelion without any subs
The point of money and transactions is that people don't have every skills out there, when there's something you can't do, you pay for it, when you can't pay you either learn to do it or you just shut up.

Finally patch'd and forced re-check. With episodes 01 to 24 the torrent should start at 76% completition.

That said I'm downloading at shit speeds and uploading more than normal, which is to be expected when most niggas either start at 0% or 49%.

Are you guys talking about translation or encodes, anyway? Because quality fansubers are effectively dead thanks to CR.

What remains is the "release groups" which just reencode bds, grab the CR subs and do some half as TS to them and mux to the reencoded files.

Even if you did speak Japanese, you would still depend of good encoders to fix the bad quality of the BD release anyway.

With more and more casuals invading torrent communities, the level of quality demanded has been dropping. No one bothers doing a perfect job for autists that want frame-by-frame perfectly aligned TS, and invidual color corrected episode, as the amount of effort for the [b]reward[/b] is not worth it. Someone will spend hundreds of hours color correcting and encoding a 13 episode series, but will still have only about 400 downloads. It's discouraging while mediocre release groups such as CBM gets thousands of downloads. He is pretty much like YIFY of nyaa, (although his encodes are not as near as bad, mind you). Popular release groups just do a barely decent job, finding the sweet spot of minimum effort x what the majority of casuals considers "good quality". and thus get a lot of downloads and a "respectable name". Why would anyone bother do a meticulous job that won't be appreciated?

Subs are all about ego. I have stayed away from them as soon as I realized that years and years ago. The only reason I bothered doing this release which still is far away from "being perfect" still knowing it wouldn't get much downloads, (I don't care much for TS either, my focus were in other things) is simply because I love Eva. I would have done 90% of all the work I done here only to myself anyway. But I'm an exception. We don't have as much fans with that much dedications to all the new series around, anyway.

"Fans to fans" is dying. The EGO release groups have won.

Don't worry, most of the high speed downloaders are the ones with better upload and close to completion, as soon as they finish the download, the speed will skyrocket for everyone else.

>Hadena is piracy shit, you didn't pay a cent for it, they don't have to put out quality, they don't even have to put out anything at all, you don't pay, you're a begger, not a chooser. If people give you feces, that's what you'll eat, because you didn't pay for it, you don't get to choose and you don't get to complain.
I'm fairly certain "You shouldn't complain about free services" is a logical fallacy.

Either you're trolling or you're a brainless CR/Funi drone that believes their translations and encodes are perfection and immediately better than any other release simply because it's the official release.

Either way, you're not really worth replying to anymore with stupidity and narrow-mindedness that intense.

You don't "shut up" when someone does a shitty job just because it's free. No one does something for "free". There is always some sort of reward behind, even if it's not money. You can criticize "free things" even if they are piracy, the point is making constructive critics, not just being a jerk about it.

Hey, I made into the screenshot.

i can see myself weee. Interesting i have a murica flag though. Im nowhere near there.

>CR/Funi
They sure are far, far from perfect but two things.
Without them, you'd be begging for gg to feed you, and they'd likely tell you to eat shit or ignore you altogether.
You only get to complain if you subscribed to them.

>You don't "shut up" when someone does a shitty job just because it's free
Sure you can make noise, they just have no obligation to listen to you.

>There is always some sort of reward behind
Sounds like vidya achievements crap.

It's ego.

>How have people not started sending hate mail and death threats to Anno again? Someone needs to go and vandalize Khara's main studio.
I bet Anno's waiting for this to happen so he can include the letters and emails in 4.0 and make everything come full circle.

>You only get to complain if you subscribed to them.
what about if you subbed but slowly found yourself DLing fansubs anyways because it's higher quality, so you ended up unsubbing and just buying BDs/merch every once in a while since that gives way more to the industry than a CR/Funi sub?

what then, smart guy, huh?

youre way too fixated on the money/payment side of things and not focused at all on the quality side of the discussion, and the parts that do address quality address things that arent relevant anymore. fansubs arent really needed anymore (aside from occasional shows every season or two) due to the official services, so they're really just there to provide a better experience than what official means provide. if official subs didn't have any pressure at all from fans to improve quality, then im sure official subs would be a fair amount lower quality than they are now. of course, the inverse is true for fansubs, so they both need each other to have a solid reason to keep improving, but still.

That's now how it works. You keep speaking on an hypothetical scenario where all work has meaning.

It doesn't.

Shitty reencode groups exists in the hundreds. Just refresh the Nyaa front page every other hour. Hundreds of unknown releases with minum downloads keep poping up.
Why do they upload things that barely gets any download, anyway? Because they want to try and become "famous" like CBM and then fail miserably. It's the same on youtube, pick any random video on youtube, not the ones recommended, it'll likely have 5 views and be completely shit, yet someone bothered to upload it anyway, why is that?

It's the same reason you get happy when you see an (You) here on Sup Forums, pal.
It's not about money, it's not about quality, IT'S ABOUT EGO.

Sephirotic, the guy who pirated Eva better than anyone else.

They should call you Sephirotic the Pirate King.

The first thing you should do when browsing nyaa is going to your settings and filtering out remakes, so re-encode groups aren't really a problem. BDs don't take up nearly as much space as seasonal shows do, so those aren't really as much of an issue either. Most people subbing seasonal stuff are just having a good time. Ego definitely plays a large part of it for some people, but that's mostly only for people who are WAAAAY too invested in it and take sub drama and stuff way too seriously like Kristen.