The Powerful Reason Why This Artist Has Been Saving His Urine For The Last 200 Days

Cassils spent a good chunk of this week trying to ensure that the 200-gallon tank of urine he was installing at Ronald Feldman Fine Arts didn’t leak through the floor and destroy all of the priceless art that currently might be stored in the gallery’s basement.

“Can you even imagine?” the transgender performance artist asked me when we sat down to chat about his second solo show at the New Your City gallery. The show, entitled Monumental, features a new work that he made by saving his urine for the last 200 days and collecting it in the tank.

The piece, PISSED, was created in response to President Donald Trump’s February decision to rescind President Obama’s directive that transgender students should be able to use the restroom that corresponds with their gender identity. PISSED will be unveiled at the gallery on Saturday night when, according to a press release for the show, Cassils will perform a related piece, Fountain, and thereby complete “the 200 day durational performance by linking their body to the minimalist structure.”

Cassils, a Canadian-born 2017 Guggenheim Fellow and 2015 Creative Capital Awardee currently living in Los Angeles, has made a career for himself by approaching and proposing theories and questions about the body, politics, gender, history, being transgender and other potentially incendiary topics through his performance-based art. Ahead of the debut of Monumental, he discussed the logistics of preserving so much urine for such a long period of time, his relationship to his body as a transgender artist, the divide between art and activism and more.

HuffPost: Did PISSED happen organically in response to Trump’s action in February or was it a piece you’d be conceptualizing in some way and Trump’s move ended up giving you the perfect opportunity to actualize what you’d been incubating?

[READ MORE]
huffingtonpost.com/entry/cassils-monumental-pissed-urine_us_59bbeacee4b0edff971b88f4

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/YtsKz
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happening
youtu.be/thbMaR6nyxY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piss_Christ
youtu.be/R4qAgh1OW4w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This mentally ill bitch reminds me of the demented faggots who posts traps on Sup Forums. I am quite certain that they store their piss to bathe in and are obviously mentally ill for liking dudes dressed up like women. This faggot needs to be locked up in a padded room, wearing a (((straight))) jacket.

Haven´t seen you in a while

i feel so bad for the parents.

Is that Dylann Roof

i can think of dozens of legit of uses for gallons of piss.
art would not be anywhere near that list.

>This Artist Has Been Saving His Urine For The Last 200 Days
Ive been an artist for 4 years and didnt even realize.

This cunts needs a good zyklon B shower

That's a woman?

lol

Whatever it is, it's a cunt.

>PISSED
IRL meme infringement makes me cringe

Test

>POWERFUL reason
>"fuck drumpf!"
I hope BBC Pidgin cover the story

Piss bottles are art now?
How much further can we fall

so deep and meaningful.

dey woman of man be protect piss as art
wen axed give answer "fok drumf"

>his
Mate, we can all see from here he is a tranny.

I look forward to the follow up exhibition: "SHITTED" by renowned Indian street artist Pajeet Mallesh

>Saving urine
>Be considered as an artist
>"Powerful reason" means trump

Gas yourselves degenerate sick minds

>Cassils, a Canadian-born 2017 Guggenheim Fellow

how do you get one of these jobs. I can throw shit on a canvas, what's that worth?

Pretty fun story if you read the whole article. I liked the parts where it comes out that this "transgender artist" is in a relationship with a domina and another domina friend of his mistress who managed to get enough education instructed him how to sterilize his piss for months.

Jesus, just give him the tendies already.

>opaque piss jugs
liberals fuck up everything

what the fuck? did some cunt just delete archivebro's post? eat shit mods

Please archive clickbait spam and fake news.
archive.fo/YtsKz

wow so powerful

Art died (or got redefined by people like Beuys) long ago. It's not about being aesthetically pleasing anymore, it's just about doing "something". Basically, anything that doesn't occur naturally can be called artificial therefore being art by definition. I don't like that trend which is why I revere stuff like elaborated handcraft more than modern art nowadays.

Pic related is from a moron who started to pour molten metal into ant hills and by now he's making a fortune with his "work". Fuck that shit.

At school the teacher asked us when we thought art died as a serious profession. Some said 2001, 1988, 1978, many different years.
I remembered from another class that it couldn't be pinpointed, but that it was over by the 1880s thanks to improved photographic processes which made it more practical and much cheaper to get one of those instead of a painting.
That's when you start seeing Van Gogh and other movements pop up as well, and the teacher said that from there on in art became a self-destructive process in which people try to see how little you can do and still call it art.

It's a shame he left the school about 3 months later. Seemed like a redpilled guy.

>((((((artist))))))

When I leave piss in a bottle it turns all gross, cloudy and shit after a week. Can't imagine this will go well.

It's a serious shift in cognition, but that's how we are. Human race is evolving to the next step.

That's why this "guy" reached out and contacted actual scientists about how to preserve "his" urine. :)

>This mentally ill bitch reminds me of the demented faggots who posts traps on Sup Forums
you are right, traps belong on pol and i agree with you that traps are not gay

The funny thing is that was art school.
>wtf was that for
Gouvernment project that went wrong, had to bail and study was the only method legally available.

UREA WILL SEPARATE FROM OTHER LIQUID RENDERING EXPLOSIVE MATERIAL

I was just about to say this same thing. Dude looks like Dylan Roof.

>not turning the urine into gun power and using it to lodge a projectile into your skull

They used rat poison to kill the fermentation. I text-to-speeched the article. Now I want to kill myself.

why was that post deleted?? also checked

Archive bot

>he

(((((((((((((Ronald Feldman))))))))))))
"""""""""""""""""" Fine Arts"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Art is so inspiring!

There was a jackass on /b that bathed in his own piss a couple of months ago. Good times.

>you will never see the SS-Totenkopfverbände stand these people against a brick wall and aim rifles at their chests and when everything is all over a bunch of the bricks need to be replaced which is a pain in the ass but it's a small price to pay to heal the world and make it a better place for you and for me and the entire human race
there are people crying and the people is me

>blocks your path

WERF

WERFFFFFFFFFFF

So does my piss bottle collection make me an artist now?

WERFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFF

>canadian
/thread

>(((Feldman)))

He smelt da gefilte.
Oh hell, da mohel.

>He

it's their fault.

So brave. But wouldn't piss minimalism be something like a diet making you piss less?
Do I get a Guggenheim for this idea, or do I have to cut my dick off first?

That is by far the ugliest woman I have ever seen.

thats a pretty buff dyke wow

when being a woman is too difficult
so you become a man with a vagina
what an idea ladies and gent

Happening art? Literally autism has taken over art.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happening

>obligatory fat crippled tranny in a wheelchair
for fucks sake is the car a Trans Am too?

Fuckng ripped. Is that natty?

The mods are now deleting Nordbot's posts? Nice, what a good use of administrative resources when there are 9000 "POL BTFO XD" and "BLACKED" threads that have nothing to do with politics

>natty
>without testicles
Although I guess that would be standard for Canada

What could you conceivably use it for?

return of pisslord? youtube.com /watch?v=uyPNrPVKCzw

A woman with 8% bodyfat would die. Probably risks dying at a week of 12% bodyfat.

>Cassils will perform a related piece, Fountain, and thereby complete “the 200 day durational performance by linking their body to the minimalist structure
I swear to God, if I was wondering by and that shitbird pissed on me I would burn the fucking place down. No survivors!

Obligatory theme song
youtu.be/thbMaR6nyxY

>the name of the piece is PISSED
Is this the companion to SHITTED.COM ? What have we come to?

Looks like Kathy Griffin cut her tits off.

>she's a leaf

Big shock, huh?

good choice user

Because we know that there's no degenerate art in Mer'ka...
Oh, wait. It was the CIA who pushed all this shit to begin with.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piss_Christ

Who's autistic enough to outdo him by getting up to 201 gallons?

It was just a general observation about bof occurence. Degeneracy is destroying America. Everywhere I look, Jewnigger trash rotting and stinking. America is a shitpile. No skin off my nose to admit and lament it. BUT! Just as a preponderence of the actual Slavs I've met in real life are redpilled, non nonsense manly sorts, the majority of Canadians I've met are degenerate fag-lovers who back down from fist fights. Just last year, a Canadian high school was in my hometown of International Falls, MN, for a softball tournament and the girls were all dye-haired dykes. On the American side, clean-cut Christian girls. It just seems to be a pattern in my personal experience.

Just a typical liberal faggot. Nothing shocking

Making gunpowder, fertilizer, and other substances derived from nitrates.

How did you meet all these Slavs and all these Canadians? If you're comparing Canadian tourists to Slavs you meet through some right-wing channel it's not a very fair comparison.
We have people like Jordan Peterson, Molyneux, Lauren Southern etc. All right-wing people with major followings. And there's a lot like this in Canada.
If I went to New York I wouldn't expect to meet the same people as in small-town Montana. And I wouldn't worry about having to fight anyone either.
I could reference all the Mer'cucks getting BTFO by nogs and then post this:
youtu.be/R4qAgh1OW4w
But are memes reality?