Which one is better?

Which one is better?

i'm not much of a fantasy fan, so i prefer vinland saga over berserk

Well, one actually updates and the other doesn't.

Vinland

Berserk for grim and gore
Vinland Saga for story and characters

Guts and Griffith are far more interesting than the slaves

Not really. Guts is pretty much the same and Griffith is an autist who only cares for his goals. Most of the characters in Vinland change their ideals and personality after certain events happen.

Everyone in Vinland Saga is also very vulnerable. They lose their limbs and eyes all the time. In Berserk all of the main characters are practically invincible.

They're similar in that they lose momentum the moment they skip forward in time.

Round two

Historie

I wish they told us exactly how Thorfinn became a slave after he ran away.

My peenus weanus is better :)
Hahaha :D
Its poking out my trousers right now :)
Hahaha :D
Its swollen now

It's not necessarily the characters themselves that are interesting, but the way they interact and how they set the plot in motion is multifaceted.

Guts alone lost a limb and an eye.

Berserk

mostly because there's more of it so there's more of what I like

Historie definitely

Vinland Saga>Histoire>Kingdom>Berserk

>berserk gets 3 adaptions and a game
>vinland saga gets nothing

Supposedly The Longship is getting movie adaptations, if it's any good they should ask the same people to make a live action Vinland Saga.

Vinland suffers from the "side characters are more interesting than the MC" syndrome

while Berserk is the other way around Gut's pretty much carries the show

nah viking monk guy is pretty cool. not resorting to violence actually makes sense for a guy like him

3 movies
1 old tv show
1 new tv show

I love both of them, but Golden Age alone is better than Vinland Saga. Though VS may get equally good or better once there's equal amount of content out.

I like Guts much more than Thorfinn, his struggle is definitely more brutal and I genuinely care about how his story is going to end. Thorfinn makes a huge switch at one point and I want to see more before I make any judgments.

And once Askeladd died it feels like there's less quality characters to attach myself to. I definitely like Guts' band more than Thorfinn's.

I like Berserk's art more, though VS' is still fantastic.

Vinland Saga needs a goddamn anime, we can easily get an adaptation up to before the timeskip.

this

One is realistic while the other is self insert power fantasy.

He didn't run away, he got captured when he tried to kill Canute

Which was the name of the scans of berserk that weren't made by The band of the hawk?

I've been wanting to reread the early parts of Berserk, but I can't remember which was their name. It doesn't help that most of the manga got deleted from Batoto.

Evil Genius?

This is a tough call. Historie is strictly better as a story, but Kingdom is so much fun that it makes up for it.

No it wasn't them. They only did from 256 and up,
I've just checked out their website vin hopes they may have stored the first chapters but I found nothing.

I think the comparison is wrong... Vinland is more like vagabond or Ruroken than like Berserk.

Love them both.

Just a question before starting with Vinland Saga

Is it finished or finishing this year? I just don't want to start another series, get hyped with it and find later it is on semi-permanent hiatus or chapter per month shit.

It's not even close to ending, but it has stable monthly updates.

Thx I will see if I get in or not, but lately I am getting the idea of why some people read finished series only

You're sacrificing pacing and possibly forgetting the little details for being caught up and having discussion. Plus it's nice to have some weekly/monthly dose of manga if you don't feel like starting a new series.

And who knows when some series will end, by the time they do you'll forget about them or manga in general. Following the series' growth in popularity and stuff like that is also satisfying.

It also depends on the series, I think VS is pretty good for monthly wait. I'm satisfied each month, meanwhile I'm forgetting shit in Dorohedoro and One Punch Man updates are always too short.