Were 90s anime better than current 2010-2015 anime?

Were 90s anime better than current 2010-2015 anime?

By a long shot.

No.

>10 year range vs 5 year range

Did you do that because you realize 2005-15 is quite competitive with the 90s, and that half of the 90s year had very little of note? For example 1995-00 vs 2010-15 might be something to ask.

stop making thread with this image retard

sage

Did you not realize far more anime have come out in the last 5 years than the 90s altogether?

And by the time the decade ends, way more and better anime will have come out than all of the 90s.

Everything gets run into the ground a lot harder nowdays.

>you will never a great teacher like onizuka
whats the point of breathing

A year is a year. Especially if you hold to the notion that 90s were way more about quality over quantity. Which wasn't even true really. People just think about Bebop/Utena/Eva/Lain as the 90s (CCS, DBZ and Sailor Moon too and there we go, practically everything), and forget that there is little else of note that decade that doesn't sound a lot like an anime that could come out today.

For example this is literally everything on TV in '94 - you got Rayearth, Chacha and the worst Macross ever. Almost nothing else watchable at all for people who are not 8 year old Japanese kids. WHOAA BEST DECADE EVER DUUDES. I'll admit a fuckton of OVAs and movies also came out in '94 and OVAs were still very much alive as a separate format. But just about all of those fucking sucked too despite being the tryhard format for "hardcore" fans.

'10-'15 isn't a slouch either to compare with.

>Bebop/Utena/Eva/Lain as the 90s (CCS, DBZ and Sailor Moon too and there we go, practically everything
Utter stupidity confirmed.

>the worst Macross ever
Shit taste detected

There are like 30+ entries you could list if you want all decent/semi-decent 90s shows/movies/OVAs. For one I'm not gonna type everything out because I'm not looking to spoonfeed, two many of the supposed classics are not actually that great; I simply boiled things down to what everyone starts to rattle off when you ask why exactly the 90s were better. If you want to nitpick DBZ started in '89 even though none of us heard of it back then, go ahead and lump it as 80s since you'll also be outing Ranma 1/2 along with it.

Don't nostalgia bomb me saying stuff like Tenchi and Slayers are godly timeless classics way way better than anything we could get today. They're not that fucking good. Deal with it.

Some are, some arent, it goes both ways.

>this idiot is unironically arguing why 2010-2015 is better than the 90s while claiming entry level anime like bebop and evangelion are the pinnacle of the 90s
What a dumbshit.

Yes and no. There's was a lot of good but there was far more bad. The thing is, bad shows tend to fall under the radar or didn't get licensed so you had no idea they existed till now, but for people like me, back then you watched whatever you could get your hands on, regardless of quality.

>has literally nothing else to back him up on why the 90s were so great besides discrediting literally 90% of why people think the 90s were great

Go on, pull up Outlaw Star or Big O or something else I could fucking rip to shreds in 5 seconds. Pull up some of those fucking terrible 1-2 episode OVAs citing the hyper budget animation and nothing else noteworthy. Pull up Gundam Wing or X or Victory, seriously, just fucking try to slide past me that I should remotely accept those fucking failures over Zeta or even ZZ. You got very fucking little left if you're discounting Utena and Eva thinking the 90s stand up fine without them.

>My opinion=fact

Yeah, your own.

>No u
Nice try

The big o is from 2000 faggot.

Fall 99.

>Akira
>Big O
>Neon Genesis Evangelion
>Tekkaman Blade
>Digimon
>Nadia
>Ghost in the Shell
>Serial Experiments Lain
>Gundam Wing and 08th MS team
>Utena
>Gasaraki
>Cowboy Bebop
>Outlaw Star
I really like 90's anime because traditionally done/hand-drawn 2D animation has always looked fucking awesome in my opinion. That's not to say digital doesn't have it's moments, but I rewatched Gasaraki the other day for the first time in years and the animation quality is unlike most anime I've seen in the past decade. It looks so fluid in a lot of places and the attention to detail is stunning

>first two on the list literally aren't even 90s
fucking kek

The Big O aired in 1999 you stupid idiot.

The Black Jack Dezaki OVA series.
Getter Robo Armageddon
Cyber City Oedo 808
Ghost in the Shell
Gunnm
Now and Then, Here and There
Initial D
Memories
Key the Metal Idol
Legend of Black Heaven
Yu Yu Hakusho
Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal
3x3 eyes
Bio Hunter
NeoRanga
Ninja Scroll
Record of the Lodoss War
Better man
Blazing Transfer student
Video Girl Ai
KareKano
Osu Karate Bu
Giant Robo
Dear Brother
Those Who Hunt Elves
Iria
You're under Arrest.
I could go on.

Thanks. Added to my plan to watch list.

Fuck.

About the same.

>falling for the quantiy>quality meme

you are a plebian

2010s are shaping up to be the worst considering the amount of shows we've got.

Late 90s to Late 2000s will forever be GOAT.

Did you read the post properly? Are you this bad at grasping context?

You're a really stupid idiot.

No.

>unironically arguing why 2010-2015 is better than the 90s
>The bitter, rose tinted glasses of this post

This, same applies for early 00. I remember watching shrine of the morning mist start to finish, despite it being the worst shit ever just because anime

These charts have always pissed me off for being so incomplete.

Why the fuck are you guys comparing? This are everyone own opinion, who gives a shit if the anime is shit or what, i don't rate old anime as good either, some of this old anime were fucking dam boring to watch...

>Akira
>90'
wew lad

Yes the 90s were far better.

kill yourself

If you're a nostalgiafag sure.

Reminder that 2003-2008 was the golden age of anime

You have to include 2002 in that range. Tokyo Mew Mew alone raises it up to the greatest year of anime ever.

Anybody with this mindset should be castrated. 90s is the goat era.

Dumb nostalgiafag
>muh cowboo beepboop and evanjellyon

>the entirety of 2010-2015
>able to compete with Hello Kitty Asabou adventures
heh, good one OP!

I think the 80's were a bit better, the 90's set down too many of the bad precedents that stagnate the genre today

Yes.

Anyone who uses a reaction image with an aspect ratio like that deserves to be castrated

90s a shit
Literally zero cute girls doing cute things.

kill urself

agreed

I respect your opinion, but I think 90s have the best look of anything in my opinion. On top of everything still be cel animated the characters look a lot less disney-ish than they did in the old days. I'd still say 90s is pretty much goat for anime. Very early 2000s were fine too, but I feel like by the time it was 2006 the new shit that I just don't like was becoming the standard.
If anyone could recommend something that's really new that's good I would be willing to try to change my mind about it again.

No. Azumanga Daioh saved anime in 2002 by introducing the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things genre, a genre which has greatly raised the overall quality and enjoyment of anime.

No, the 90's was the beginning of the end of anime. The golden age was the 70's and 80's

>cute girls doing cute things
Who the fuck would waste their time with this? It's a clear sign that anime is worse than it's ever been.

Haruhi and Lucky Star ruined anime, faggot. Azumanga is good shit.

No it isn't.

yes it is

Kill yourself faggot