The US CANNOT SHOOT DOWN NORK MISSILES

>defenseone.com/ideas/2017/09/no-we-cannot-shoot-down-north-koreas-missiles/141070/?oref=d-river

Estimates put best odds of shooting a missile fired at the US down, not taking into account ANY countermeasures that NK may use, at 50/50 at best. Likely to be MUCH harder to stop with anti-defense countermeasures.

So where's all that money you've sunk into anti-missile tech really gone, septics?

>TL:DR - US BTFO. Can't into anti-missile

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m6MOaECL6FM
defenseone.com/i
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do I hear an irrelevant star constellation talking?

I have a buddy in the US Military, based in NK. He works on the missiles directly and he says otherwise, go fuck yourself aussie.

I thought Patriot, Aegis, THAAD systems would work? No? Then we have been fleeced again by the MIC

Chink posters under the Aussie flag are the absolute worst.

Also
>can't into

Back to R*ddit

>be american
>no response to be found
>m-muh insults
>th-that'll get em

Stop

Read the article

Im not going to say anymore then this.
I have personal hand knowledge that....
Our subs are ready to strike NK at any second. Im talking this slightest hint this nigger points a rocket in Americas direction. Its game time.
I know alot more. But I dont want to get the person in trouble. But I sleep just fine knowing Kim Ding Dongs about to get his shit packed in. In a bad way

lol do you honestly believe that? Assuming North Korea fires a nuclear missile at the US, the US would instantly know the trajectory, the speedthe altitude. All it takes is to fire a missile to the calculated coordiantes to detonate it way before it reaches the coast.

Here's a nice video on why shoooting down a ICBM is hard:

youtube.com/watch?v=m6MOaECL6FM

>be bogan
>be so irrelevant
>go on mongolian throat singing board to talk about americans

keep going!!!!

>All it takes is to fire a missile to the calculated coordiantes to detonate it way before it reaches the coast.

Yeah and they only give you a 50% chance of hitting it.

How adorable. North Korea doesn't have a missile that can reach us anyways. Keep that war machine going.....

This.
By the time that rocket leaves that launcher. God have mercy on North Koreans. BC a shit load of ..... will rain hellfire down on him.

It's been common knowledge for years that missile defense is a coin flip at best.

That's why we try to prevent people from getting the capability to challenge our missile defense system in the first place

they've got laser cannons hooked up to nuclear reactors.

The best defense against them nukes are lasers because you can drag them through the sky until they make contact with the missile and deforms it enough that it starts tumbling.

Lasers are the shit.

Hitting a frisbie with another frisbie is retarded from zapping it with a flashlight is easy.

Trust me. Unless he fires everything he has at once. Its game over. Our guys will and can hit him b4 that rocket even touches our shores.

that's not gonna stop the rocket though.

Most the of the stuff you read is just the a wing of pentagon circle jerks and warhawks. Their sole goal is to cause fear so they military budget is raised.

I don't think you ever want to see the response that will occur if we can't shoot one of the missles down and it strikes one of our allies or us.

> TL;DR : The only person who'd get BTFO if we couldn't shoot a missle down would be the dumb fuck and the country that shot it (in its entirety).

So fire 10 of them at the incoming missile so there's only a 0.00488% chance of all ten missing

That's kinda the point of MAD. Still doesn't change the fact that missile defense is a coin flip at best, and we really only have a "good" chance if he can't launch more than one missile.

I have full faith in the USAF/USN(USAF#2) and their ability to turn NK into a series of moon craters

>what did you spend all those trillions of dollars on defense on?
well im glad you asked. we have a mountain of scrap metal that used to be jet fighters that we never used but we still kept buying more jets year after year for no reason

we also spent enough to rack up cumulatively 10 trillion in national debt on underground cities and a underground interstate which have flooded / started to show significant signs of damage / caved in . been invaded by homeless people and simply pumping out the water grows national debt despite the fact if a nuke lands within miles of any of it it will collapse according to the army core of engineers

also payments for retired soldiers to get meds because they couldnt take standing at a check point day after day and not see any fighting.

there is no known technology in the world which is capable of shooting down ICBMs.

you can't be this retarded

>So where's all that money you've sunk into anti-missile tech really gone, septics?

ICBM =/= Missile

You cant shoot down missiles
Its really hard, you have to be lucky to shoot one down
Also NK has artillery pointed at SK, and no weapon on earth can counter that
Thats why missiles are so scary
I mean, we are going to deploy an anti missile pretty soon, which can shoot down atomic missiles but its going to need another few years till it works good
Either way, dont you dare starting a war with Russia, USA
I dont want to see SATAN Missiles raining down on Europe till we have dont have a working anti missile system

My uncle helped develop the missile defense shield and there's high confidence it'll work.

This is the equivalent of saying he works for Nintendo, but I believe it's effective enough for one or two Korean missiles. Anything else and I still think we're fucked.

>the missile defense system is a coin flip at best
Why would flipping 10 coins instead of 1 not make it a guaranteed hit? You really think we'd land Tails all 10 times when it only takes one Heads to not get nuked?

The missile defense has always been a placebo since the cold war.

Even if one does get through they will just martyr someone or claim it was a small hole.

MAD is an old doctrine and not a systems apparatus. Never conflate the two.

civilians talking about military shit

WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID
IF THE ODDS ARE 50/50
YOU SHOOT TWO AT IT
ONE MISSES AND HITS NK
EVERYONE CHEERS

Shooting down an ICBM involves more faith in our technology than confidence. I don't doubt there's off the books systems looking into it but intercepting missiles are not a solid counter.
Ultimately it's moot in a full scale confrontation. The Nork stockpile is ~30 weapons which, if fully expended, would be a low scale catastrophe. Massive loss of life but paltry in a nuclear confrontation.

What about the Dead Hand?

ICBMs almost move in the space you morons (800 km). your best anti-missile system has range of 300 km height.

Then why not deploy land based Aegis systems like we have in Europe?

MAD is an old doctrine but the idea is still very much alive today, except there's the possibility of a conventional option instead of launching the entire nuclear arsenal.

If we're talking about US military action in response to a NK first strike, it'll either result in nuclear retaliation or conventional retaliation which desu are the same thing when talking about the US military.

because for all you're money sunk into it, your defense "dome" doesn't really exist. Your anti-missile shit is not only inadequate in accuracy, but spread too thinly to be able target with multiple.

There's also nowhere near enough time to move more into place if a launch is detected.

Missile defense was only tested with very predictable ballistic trajectories. NK can launch it's missiles in very depressed almost non-ballistic trajectories at the expense of range. There is also the issue of launching a bunch of missiles to overwhelm the system.

Either way i hope that the (((blackmailed pedophiles))) who run the US Military understand that NORKs are a highly intelligent and samurai-like people.

>why not deploy land based Aegis systems like we have in Europe

why not read the article and find out

So half the nukes cities, maybe fewer like 10% are saved?
That seems quite worthwhile actually.

What ever dope you are on. You should stop

Has nothing to do with first strike capabilities nor is it stratagem without anomalous assumptions of turbulence. Fratricide, inner rank turmoil, and natural target degradation all figure and accrue the closer time for execution looms. Doomsday stratagems are misnomers as long as the US has nuclear primacy.

>*puts fingers in ears* la la la la I can't hear you

That's what you sound like fatty

If it hits New York or Hollywood. I will actually celebrate

>The US CANNOT SHOOT DOWN NORK MISSILES
>Estimates put best odds of shooting a missile fired at the US down, not taking into account ANY countermeasures that NK may use, at 50/50 at best
Fucking Australians. Why are Australians so racially prone to lying? First he says the chance is 0, then he admits the chance may be as high as 50%. What the fuck is wrong with Australians? Every single one on this board is a lying piece of shit.

50/50? so you shoot 3 missiles at it. durp de durp

ditto

He is a proxy, and the US can absolutely shoot down North Korean missiles

I did. The article is only saying that the trajectory leads the missiles to be to high to shoot down with current tech as it flies over Japan, We have multiple systems that could shoot it down early or late. This article is simply bitching about one specific circumstance. The author is a whiner, and a bitch.

Again the idea of MAD is nothing more than a think tank hypothesis that only had feasibility at the beginning of the cold war ( still somewhat of a fever dream). The advent of ABM systems and photonic countermeasures have obsoleted MAD, especially when it comes to ripple shot pre-emptive strike and the Aegis shield. It is very hard to retaliate with corvettes already within striking distance,

You mean we can't stop missiles from hitting California? That truly is an unspeakable tragedy.

But can they stop Goldeneye?

If there's a war with the Norks I won't give a fuck. I live in Michigan and so I won't get hardly and fallout and I certainly won't be hit, at least not without a warning. The West coast liberal faggots will have witnessed the hand of God frying them into nothing while I have a big bag of popcorn. I also won't fight on their little rice farmer peninsula for a bunch of greedy kikes in Washington. All around this is going to be great if it actually happens.

NORKS missiles fly faster than THAAD. JUST>

>The advent of ABM systems and photonic countermeasures have obsoleted MAD
but that's wrong

Obviously there's no more USSR to make the game interesting, but it'll always be the rule. You nuke us, we nuke you just as hard. The nuclear triad is important for a reason.

This is clearly a different situation in that a conventional response would be more than enough to get the same moon crater effect.

We might be fucked lad.

>

> written by Joseph Cirincione

>50/50

Ohioan here. There's no reason for anyone to decide to hit Ohio out of all places. What.. they hate our Amish people and cornfields and cookie cutter suburbs? Hahaha nah

But I don't want the fallout :/

nuclear defense was never about shooting down their missiles
it was about MAD
rocket man knows initiating an attack means their total annihilation

that's the actual defense

1. Imagine we could shoot down 100% of ICBMs. What would Russia/China do in response to this information?
2. What's stopping us from intentionally missing 30-50% so that it appears to be a relatively ineffective system as to prevent the obvious answer to question 1?
3. Is the whole North Korea situation important enough to give away our secret by shooting down every single missile they fire?

Is it blind?

What happens when we reach the point where both sides are able to shoot down 100% of all ICBMs?

We should've gone with Starwars. At least a giant space laser would be a cool boondoggle we could all be proud of.

the glory of conventional warfare returns once more

Sure yu do.
Im bugging out and letting usgov get nuked

>Back to R*ddit
Stop this cringy shit

>nukes commiefornia
>incinerates all the illegals that voted for Hillary
>our subsequent nukes burn nork until its surface is glass
>if enough cities get nuked, commiefornia would go red
What's the problem, lad

This isn't a refute nor does it take in the data I've just explained about salient assumptions that are not usually gleaned within the game theory of MAD. It has does not have a victorious outcome and it hinges on the idea of city busters that no longer have strategic precedent anymore. MAD was a theory that was propagated before the onset of the MIRV. Less yield more blanket defilade with the use of fewer apparatuses.

Why on earth would we admit to being able to shoot down missiles in the first place.
It's none of our enemies damn business what we are capable of, and the less they know the better.

I would be denying this all day and night as well.

It's gone to Israel

Who wants to fuck off to some unknown island?

We get rid of nukes. We were talking with the Soviets about perhaps even collaboration on missile defense under the Regan administration.

>>defenseone.com/i

Fake news click bait source

Shit thread.

No, no one really knows the exact nature of how the tests where done im sure, but given how close the THAAD site his to best korea and all of our other sensor assets in the region I don't think they would have trouble calculating trajectories. Not saying that we could stop 100 russian ICBMs but the intercept chance would be more than 50%.

What's the problem if an entire state in the United States of America is nuked? Are you retarded?

Listen here you Crocodile Dundee Paul Hogan kangaroo riding motherfucker. US anti-missile defense is the fucking bomb, the best in the world. You better pray it is because your prison colony Mad Max desert adventure ass country is getting protected by it. Unless I'm talking to a Fuckin Dink straight outta Ghaungzhou China and you got an escape plan back to the mainland when shit goes down.

>>TL:DR - US BTFO. Can't into anti-missile
Hahahah awesome i cant wait till kim turns LA or San Fran into a radioactive crater

Why do you have faith in non sense?
Use your brain there is no way to stop missiles launched.

>septics?

For those too lazy to read:

>US anti-missile defense is the fucking bomb, the best in the world.

That's the main thing he was saying

Actually counter artillery fire is real. CRAM is one, the Brits shot down an incoming shell with a missile during GW I.
Problem is the sheer cost when it requires a multi million dollar precision firing computer and radar system for each intercept, then the same for counter battery fire. The Norks have tens of thousands of dumb artillery tubes.

If we can shoot down 100 % of Russias nukes, Russia would not exist anymore
The next one would be China on the List
Sounds hard, but its the truth
The only thing that balances the powers of this world, are nukes at the moment

>implying nukes are real
>implying nukes if real are as bad as your new media claims
>Hiroshima and Nagasaki are still cities

You are a fool. A few nukes hitting America would be bad, but not nearly a catastrophe you are implying. And honestly 50/50 on a nuke is significantly better then having emus cuck you. Go prep the bull emu I'm sure he wants to fuck your wife and daughter now

Infantry based nuclear weaponry

You find it hard to believe im friends with crew mates on nuclear subs? Of all the shit on Sup Forums

Haha, you stupid faggots really thought those $6000 plungers are financing epic space weapons? It was all going to the (((military industry complex))))

Yeah, like 10% if that.

50/50 is with the big land silo based ABMs, on a sunny day 1v1.

THAAD and newest AEGIS & PATRIOT's do better than 50% success rate.

>North Korea can carpet bomb an entire state when they barely have one (1) functional nuke
>they would bother with nuking the areas that aren't population centers
>they wouldn't just nuke military bases anyway
I don't know, are you?

Cruise missiles either very low flying or hyper-sonic (just around the corner) will always be a threat. There is also theater ballistic missiles that can be fired with enough numbers to overwhelm defenses.

The Russians even deliberately "leaked" the plans of a very powerful, very long range nuclear torpedo to remind the (((Americans))) that dreams of invulnerability to retaliation are just dreams.

should i cash out of the stock market soon?

hooray!

It's hard to refute gibberish, lol. Using big words doesn't make an argument, and you're argument has almost no substance.

MIRV nullifies MAD no more than ABM systems and so on.

You're right that MAD has no victorious outcome in the context of when it was conceptualized, but the overarching theme of MAD still applies today and in this situation there is a great possibility of a victorious outcome even if NK launched a first strike

Ding Ding Ding

Can we PLEASE let him hit California, though? PLEASE

>tfw still get Tim Horton's without dealing with any fucking leafs

Except we base our entire Navy's defense on..... shooting down missiles. A different kind of missile than an ICBM sure, but we've been shooting missiles down for 30 or more years.