Can women be firefighters?

Can women be firefighters?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_firefighting
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_in_firefighting
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

An Asian woman would likely have the upper body strength to buddy carry or firemans carry an Asian man, yes.

The strongest woman is as powerful as the weakest man.

They can be. They choose not to. Then they complain about wage differences that don't exist.

what if they have to carry a fat guy

What will they do? Squeeze milk from their breasts to put out fire?

No. They lack the strength to left people out of fires and left objects that are trapping people.

Yes there are female fire fighters.
Some came when I had a house fire

She can perform many of the supporting roles that firemen need a fire freeing up more "men" to go inside/operate hoses. The problem is that with her lesser strength she cannot do everything a male firefighter can, why take a female firefighter when you can just get a male one? It's like there is no shortage of men or anything.

no

As long as they can meet the same standards, training and performance that men are expected to have without special treatment then yes. Note that this means both physical and mental strength and ability. Unfortunately equality these days means lowering the bar to let more people in rather than raising people to the bars level

For PC REASONS

I truly trust every firefighter I deploy with no matter what sex. We have two females on our fd and they are both paramedics. Excellent gals.

Like, for Halloween?

I've known a few female firefighters. The straight ones fuck the entire firehouse. They're all high-test and slutty. Bad for the team.

What is the point of calling them firefighters if they are only paramedics?

Basically this. Megyn Kelly / Army female bad bitch coming through types. They're also bad for the military for this reason.

I had to move to Mountain Search and Rescue because it's still entirely men.

DID SHE BURN THE SAMMICH FUCKING AGAIN??? REEEEEEEEEEE

technically if they pass the physical tests they can be, however the standards (unlike the military) are not lowered for women, so they are few.

Don't bring this up to any liberals though, otherwise you'll hear some bullshit laughable exucse as to the real reason why there aren't female firefighters!

They can be but i wouldn't trust one to drag me from a burning building.

I am from nsw and our state fire service has implemented a 50/50 gender quota and they have also changed one of the requirements which was to drag a 90kg dummy to having to carry a 30kg weight 20m.

People will die because of this pc bullshit.

this is laughable, check this out
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_firefighting
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_in_firefighting

Got a mate here in SA who had to operate the jaws of life for a whole shift by himself. They're supposed to rotate to their partner ever hour or so but he got stuck with a woman who could even lift the fucking thing

What a fucking joke.

Firefighter here with 9 years on the job. We just hired our first female FF in department history and honestly, she's done a fine job thus far.

She's a great athlete and very fit. I still honestly have concerns about certain things she may not be able to do because she lacks leverage due to her height (5'4"), but until she gives me a reason to distrust her, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

Can they? Sure
Should they? No

Women are on average shorter and weaker than their male counterparts and in a life and death situation statistics like this are not superfluous.

Open to all, make a univeral standard, market towards men and don't lower the standard for female recruits.