Fate Stay/Night

So I just finished Fate stay/night UBW and what the fuck was that ending? After all that shit , after Rin promised she would be with Shirou forever she just fuckin implied dies and then Shirou roams the post apocolypse as Archer? So everything they did didnt matter but its ok because Shirou tried and was happy he got a little farther than Archer?
Man fuck this im gonna dry my tears to some Carnival Phantasm fuck this shit
Also should I bother with the Fate stay/night VN?

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=758006
d.maxfile.ro/kzyfuarkaq.webm
d.maxfile.ro/njysukhrlc.webm
d.maxfile.ro/smqflslgvy.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kill yourself if you actually liked the romance in this

Im a sucker for romance though
Even though there really wasnt any and it didnt go anywhere, still that bitch did say she wanted to stick with him after the timeskip so can you blame me for thinking they got together after they beat the grail?

Shes probably getting railed by arabs and blacks in london 24/7 now. I really dont wanna turn to the NTR doujins

This scene is metaphorical. He gets to the point Archer did when he gave up and became who he was, the point he had accepted he couldn't save everyone. Except Shirou doesn't stop, he goes forward, he continues his ideal, it's showing he won't turn into Archer.

Rin isn't dead she just isn't there.

What happens in the end is that Shirou goes off to destroy ISIS while Rin is at school then they get back together and fuck
Shirou never becomes Archer

The vn (at least the original one I read) offered no definitive ending as to what happened after the class room scene, mind you.

I think this is an attempt by ufotable to interpret the ending to unlimited blade work.

I don't hate it, but it makes you wonder if emiya ended up like archer.

I didn't think he would, based on what I read, since he has rin to push him around.

Again, the theme of this route is to struggle despite knowing your ideal is foolish, and ufotable did illustrate that.

>Im a sucker for romance though
Then maybe you should watch actual romance series.

In Archers timeline Rin didnt recieve the jackhammer.

Oh I see, wish they extended that smile at the end to further emphasise that then.
Given how chaotic Archers last moments flashbacks were I assumed that WW3 happened and the world went to shit but I guess they were just wandering around a desert doing Magus/clock tower stuff and archer gave up, did bad shit and was executed while shirou continued struggling and got to go home to Rin at the end of the day.

Yeah I kinda would have liked it to end at the classroom or the apartment in London but I guess that they had to do something to show off the whole struggle thing.

Dissapointed they didnt include this, the crest transfer scene was blueballing. Also wouldnt that imply that all the servants and masters fucked at some stage for mana? Like IIlya and berserker?

Came fresh off of Natsuyuki Rendevous

Yes read the VN (as long as you turn h scenes on doesn't matter which version you read) and no shirou doesn't become archer in any of the routes

Read the VN you filthy secondary.

Downloadan

Mana transfer is only nececary if the master is shitty. Rin and Illya are both excelent masters as far as mana goes so they dont need to fuck their servants. Shinji isnt a magus at all so he probably fucked rider anyway even if it didnt do anything for her. Fake assassin got all the mana he needed from caster. Casters master isnt a magus either but she probably lusted his cock anyway.

Nice if I remember correctly I downloaded that one as well so you should be straight.

Unlimited Blade Works BD set II:

>Q: What was the Fifth Grail War that Heroic Spirit Emiya experienced in his lifetime like? Was the Archer summoned there also Emiya?
>Nasu: It was a world where the conditions at the beginning of the war were mostly the same, but something was missing. Shirou summoned Saber and fought until the end, didn't save Saber's heart but understood her, and they destroyed the grail together and parted... that's the image I have.
>Takeuchi: Ahh, so something like a Fate route Good End we didn't make in the game?!
>Nasu: Yeah, probably. After that, it's believed he cooperates with Rin who survived, and heads to London.

Ah I get ya, Im guessing Rins H scenes with Saber was to solve the whole she cant use excalibur shit at the end right? Probably the same deal with Shirou and his lack of mana for projections. I wish there were Caster raping Kuzuki Doujins, she was hot as fuck and that VA was amazing.

Sweet, got an updated translation patch for it too so I should be set. I think this is gonna be my first VN too if MGQ doesnt count

Shirou's fate is to become Archer no matter what, but UBW Shirou grows up to become an Archer that knows the reality behind his ideals but won't give them up unlike the past Archer that thought him that. I think it's like that. Fuck Nasu for making everything in this universe so complicated.

Yeah under Shirou saber gets a lot less mana so she cant spam her mana moves as much and is a bit weaker too. Saber needed more mana to fight Gil on more even ground plus the whole trump card. Under Rin she can spam her noble phantasm a lot more and is much stronger.

>Shirou's fate is to become Archer no matter what
No.

The whole thing with the ending is that Shirou doesn't become Archer, he surpasses.

He surpasses Kerry.

The theme of UBW, and Shirou's character in it, is imitation, and in the end, Shirou proves that, despite him imitating his father's dream, even imitating his own alternate self, he can go on to do better than what came before him.

To be honest it probably is better for him to stay away from the Clock Tower

The theme is laced around the story pretty well I think. I mean there are arguments to be made that Shirou is just an Arthurian parallel.

Plus the whole fight at the end is basically a culmination of the concept. Shirou, after accepting the risks and hazards of what it may to be a hero, has to prove himself one last time, in defeating the King of Heroes.

Gilgamesh's armory of original weapons and treasures, verses Shirou's factory of imitation ones. By beating him and saving the city, he proves he has what it takes to follow his dream, and that an imitation can surpass an original.

Rin is busy taking care of her niece Blonde Rin. Shirou is going to the middle east to train Hakuno

>streaming

Yeah at least there are anons that understand it and have read everything on it and explain it in simple english, thats my main problem with japs they go too far with subtlety alot of the time and being so dialogue heavy it gets a bit confusing. Breaking it down into simple words can work well if you know how to write

I feel like saber got left out a little at the end of UBW compared to the original, Shirou fucks Gil up while saber gets stuck with assasin and then blows through him with excalibur and breaks the grail after. Probably just more focus on Shirou struggling and the 22 minute time constriction.

Yeah I think they mentioned that at one stage in regard to the projections and how they can be just as good as the original, I believe it was when Shirou fough Archer at the Einzbern estate near the end

Considering they get him to do some dirty shit for years and hang him for it? Yeah they seemed pretty fucking cutthroat while pretending to be Hogwarts with students. I should probably look into Kiritsugu killing Mages in Zero a bit

I was just double checking the end scene and getting a screen shot, I downloaded the series from a horriblesubs torrent

It's better to become Aacha than to have his soul crushed and his dreams stolen.

Waver would chave come to Fuyutsuki to take care of Zouken even is Sakura didn't participate in the war.
Her route was truly meaningless.

Not only there is a lot of dirty shit in the Tower but if they somehow ever found out he is Kiritsugu's son or in the worst case scenario that he can use a reality marble then he'd fucked. Pretty much everyone there would try to dissect him.

Were they the TV rips?

You might want to, if you're particularly interested, download the BDs. They contain 30+ new minutes of animation (including an alternate ending), animation improvements here and there, as well as as well as proper fixes to the lighting.

That's pretty helpful to know. We knew archer knew saber and illya, and him showing up when caster abducts emiya seems like a premonition rather than order.

In any case ive wondered how he would become archer if he met saber in avalon in true end.

Kiritsugu just gave him a few circuits and trained him in basic magic though so would he really be considered that special?
>Pretty much everyone there would try to dissect him.
Well fuck, Im curious where did you read up on this? Is it all in the Stay/Night VN? Im seeing some stuff about Heavens feel on the wikia page that talks about the lower half of the london base where they keep disaster class Magus

It was this one nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=758006

Last Episode is fanservice, not canon.

>It was this one nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=758006
HS is Crucnhy rips, and I don't think Cruncy updates with BD rips. So any changes or additional material from the BDs is probably lacking.

>Magus Killer
Many would want to kill Kiritsugu's son. As for the reality marble thing there has only been 8 humans confirmed as having it in entire recorded history so everyone would want to research him.

Rin and Shirou weren't a grand love story when you compare them to Saber (I'LL SEARCH FOR YOU ENDLESSLY AND I'LL WAIT FOR YOU ENDLESSLY) or Sakura (I'LL GIVE UP MY IDEALS AND SELF TO SAVE YOU). Rin was just 'there'.

UBW Shirou isn't Archer. Archer is from Fate route that couldn't make Saber give up her wish (if he managed that, it'll be regular Fate Shirou and he ends up in Avalon with her, both are eternally youth and shit). He's in love with Saber though. It's pathetically obvious, even UBW Shirou realizes it in the VN.

Last Episode title (Realta Nua) is literally the name of the VN now, it's more canon than Unlimited Filler Works.

Nasu doesn't even like how he portrayed Shirou and Saber's relationship, and there are plenty of hiccups you can argue about how the romance is dealt with in HF.

I mean shit, people have been arguing that for 10 years.

I thought Rin and Shirou's relationship for what it was was fine. It wasn't the forefront of the story, but I think that honestly helped it in some ways.

I don't even know anymore if you are a secondary, retarded or both

Shirou doesn't deserve Saber desu fampai, she's too good for him

He didn't like the parts with the plushie bullshit and how he forced Saber to become a girl. But he loved writing Last Episode and it shows the strong of his prose there. Saber and Shirou best moments were as grand couple without any of the 'regular girl' bullcrap. He wanted to rewrite that shit. He edited that out his Last Episode summary.

Rin and Shirou were fling: fuck and drop tier. No substance. No real love behind it. Just teenage hormones. It was ok, but not something soulmate worthy.

Anyway, Nasu stated the best girl for Shirou is Sakura, so I'm not going to argue about who is better. It's just that Rin was never even regarded as a super romance in his POV. He speaks always of Saber and Shirou, or Sakura and Shirou, Rin is more like a forgotten love interest.

maybe Shirou (Fate route True End) can go to Avalon, but the destiny of Shirou (Fate route Good End) is to be Archer.

Shirou (UBW route) don't become in Archer.

Shirou (HF route) renounced his ideals.

That's why Merlin exists.

Rin didn't die, but as long as Shirou's ideals are intact, he's gotta go off the the middle east and be a hero and die eventually. He will undoubtedly keep going until he dies as well, and his death in the middle east is already certain enough towards how it goes down, even if he survives longer than Archer.

That's his fate as long as he believes in this path, but the entire point of UBW route is that its not really wrong to go die out in the desert and leave your wife somewhere else to become a widow because the idea is still beautiful

Saving people is good, so there's nothing wrong with this, its the world that's wrong for hating beautiful things.

Shirou realized it was always correct, because its not wrong. Even if the outcome is sad, it was still never wrong.

OP was not a faggot today.

It's not as polished as some VNs today and it's way longer than MGQ, but I think it's still very worth reading. Better storytelling than the anime and way more details/glimpses into characters' minds.

I usually don't recommend skipping content but you should skip Fate and just get to UBW and HF. If you like Saber a lot you should definitely read it though.

Archer would always exist. It's not his 'destiny', rather is one outcome for him.

I already know all that.

I don't think they're a forgotten love interest considering Nasu just wrote an extended epilogue where he specifically talks about how they get a happily ever after.

Your biases though seem to be pretty obvious, and I think I'd rather not get into a fucking 'shipping war' over Fate of all things.

Ah I found the Blu Ray scenes on a website I wont mention so that saves me the 22 gig download on shit internet. As for improved lighting and such, I dont actually notice these things so sadly it doesnt make a difference to me and I watched it on a tablet with low brightness so I could watch them all without recharging for hours to see the final episode. Thanks anyways user
d.maxfile.ro/kzyfuarkaq.webm
d.maxfile.ro/njysukhrlc.webm
d.maxfile.ro/smqflslgvy.webm

In revenge? I guess though I had thought some of those mages had gone rogue due to the shit they did although with how the tower works they dont care what their mages do as long as they dont get caught so maybe they were bastards under the protection of a corrupt conglomerate like the tower.

> As for the reality marble thing there has only been 8 humans confirmed as having it in entire recorded history so everyone would want to research him.
Didnt realise that was a big thing but yeah that would cause trouble.

In one of the pictures above some higher up guy complains about Shirou and sabers relationship as if it violates the natural order or something. I guess he just didnt like her, jap writers are like that with people like Yoko Taros hatred of sisters that love brothers. I didnt see sakura like that at all though she just seemed submissive to the point of annoyance but thats why Im gonna read the VN

Both but I downloaded Realta Nua so not for long

WHO MERLIN HERE?

It's not worth reading, it's over a million words long

That pacing is absolutely disgusting

>skipping the worldbuilding that sets up the whole story as well as establishes the arthurian parallel that both Shirou and Archer lean up against

Just a quick thing, The second season BDs added a lot more animation.

Episode 14 I think added 7 minutes of new content, and episode 16 added 5. Plus a few sprinklings of other stuff here and there, as well as the alternate ending, which is around 10 minutes itself.

>In one of the pictures above some higher up guy complains about Shirou and sabers relationship as if it violates the natural order or something.

Who? Why would you give a shit. Saber and Shirou are the most popular couple for Shirou in Japan. Sakura and Shirou are the one Nasu likes the best, and Sakura is the heroine of Heaven's Feel route which will be animated in movies in the next years.

I thought it was around 800k. Either way, the Harry Potter series is over a million words and plenty of 13 year olds have read it. Skipping all the exposition in Fate makes it far more bearable as well.

Personally I thought Rin and Shirou were best couple because it seemed the most practical pairing. Sure Saber is epic lover story spanning time and space, Sakura is best girl who finally got the happiness she deserved but Rin is the most level headed of the heroines for me, basically I feel they balance each other out quite well.

Don't read too hard into the word "practical" there though.

Sakura is not what it seems.

You mean the worldbuilding and Arthurian legends most people already know from exposure to F/SN and having a basic education? Even the DEEN anime explains 80% of the workings of the Grail War in a quarter of the time.

Out of all of them I felt it wasn't the most forced.

Saber and Shirou, once the whole "you're a girl thing" got over and done with was mostly fine, but man I had some issues with the Sakura romance.

I just didn't feel invested enough in it for Shirou to want to throw away his ideals for her.

That poster is still brilliant.

Those are shit.

Found them the most boring. They are practically fuckbuddies instead of lovers.

I think what made me dislike Sakura is that they forced too much pity in her route.

why Take draw the same pose ?

I think it was fine. I just wished Nasu would give her a break. She's easily the most realistic abuse victim, better portrayed than Fujijo or Kohaku. I get that annoy some people but she's actually well written because of that. Maybe Kohaku will get an overhaul in the remake.

>It's better to become Aacha than to have his soul crushed and his dreams stolen.

This is literally what happened to Archer.

Maybe I simply lack empathy but I simply couldn't care about her too much and the route was boring until the last 2 days.

Hey secondary. Sakura is the failure of a holy grail experiment done by the Matou family head which caused her to be constantly raped by insects. She is a huge incubator of insect eggs and Shirou had to donate sperm to satisfy her. Anyways she kills Gilgamesh and becomes big bad. You think Gilgamesh was bad? Sakura literally goes out late at night and sucks the mana out of men every where in the city. Long story short I'm trying to spoil everything for you because you're a filthy secondary.

Well they'd known each other for how long? It makes more sense to me that wouldn't be confessing how they'd move the stars and moons for each other.

I mean I do find it a little weird that Shirou, in LE, pines for a woman he knew for a week for the rest of his life.

You can talk about it being fate, or star-crossed lovers or whatever, but it's still kind of iffy to me.

Why are you trying to spoil someone who's agreed to read the VN? You also type like an autistic ESL retard.