>Make way more money then I have any right to
>Get to work from home half the time
>Think I have it made
>Fast forward 5 months
>Realize the job is totally unfilling and that I'm unhappy
>Look for other jobs in my field and they all scream of the same unhappiness
>Begin searching for a career/job that fulfills me
>Have no idea what I'm looking for or where to find it

I'm planning on quitting my job pretty soon, before I get trapped in the dreaded 9 to 5 pit with no escape, but I still haven't found what I actually want to do and don't know where to look

Before I ask normal people for advice, I wanted to see the perspective autists have on this.

Chili dogs with sacred juice of prune to wash down for one full moon. As those who went before me a butt plug flatus adapter for bicycle pump inlet. Unwritten ancient Inca method passed down in elaborate pantomime story. Me flatus vessel has reached 76 psi just before dawn’s cock a doodle dump this glorious day. Meantime my hand busy crafting special sunglass and matching blessed fart hood. God is good but life fucks then die.

my mom did this was jobs like 3-4 times, she kept switching and switching. Try thinking what your skill is, if your a coder try finding work through some guy building an app or maybe a linux distro, i dont know m8 just look for a coding job if thats your thing. You gotta see in yourself even if your a faggot.

can you teach STEM instead?

Get a couple years of fat paychecks then just go on a long vacation. Try to meet a qt.

Finding work isn't hard, user. My field is full of people dying to hire college grads, but just because I'm good at something doesn't mean I get fulfillment doing it.

If I went back to school and got a PhD or at least an MA. But I'm not quite ready for the crippling debt grad school brings.

I had the choice of being an artist or go the stem road. I dropped out of my degree and switched to art. I have never been more happy. I draw for vidya.

try to do something creative, op.

Find a job that suits you better, there is really no other answer. Or just work your ass off and donate all your money to right-wing organizations and hope for a change.

Got any hobbies? Other then playing video games and larping.

sage, not political.

but obviously: 1. have children and 2. save the white race

travel and maintain high social status to feel good

bank enough money to retire at age 30 (if you can't you're a poorfag) and have 5 kids

do sales for a year then do marketing for a year then go full hitler

kys nigger

im not a nigger, ahmed.

At least you're not 30 like me with no college degree.

It's literally, LITERALLY too late for me to start going to school now. How much do helium tanks cost?

expect its not, retard.

exept*

Skip the college pill its pretty blue unless your super cerial. Trades or entrepreneurship.

We're all niggers down here

Yeah, but most of them require a professional education to actually convince people to pay you to do them

It's only too late when you're dead

Tfw too retarded for a real job
I'll never have the money to do the things i want to do

The problem is that you aren't researching what needs to be done. Become an expert in your field. Find a love.

>most of them require a professional education

ok. Get the professional education.

or are you not motivated/serious to be happy? Passion is the most important thing a feeling human can have. Lots of people don't have it, unfortunately.

Only people who are too retarded to find a job are people with IQs below 83 and if yours was that low I doubt you could operate a computer or phone to type that

I thought you said you had money. How poor were you growing up?

I know people that are under 83 (60 something) and type faster than me.

>something fulfilling
>teaching (a class of 20-30 dipshits with maybe one or two students that are actually interested in anything)
Hahaha. Good one.

my accountant is 65 and rich and went to college when he was 30 after taking LSD every day from 20 to 30. you can still get a degree. law school especially has a lot of older people.

I do, but my job is too time-intensive to do night school and if I quit then I'd have to end up taking out a large loan to cover school.

Grew up middle class; worked hard to make sure I would graduate without debt, don't want to start piling on debt right after all that

Leads back to the issue of taking out loans to get that education. Nothing can kill the mood faster than crippling debt

>in america parents don't pay for their son's education.

AHAHHAHAHAHAHA

you're too obscesed with money, user. maybe you should stay in your cuck 9-5 safety cubicle. That way you won't make any risks

>Burgers have to pay to do PhDs
Kek

But serious the vast vast majority of people either have to do a job they hate fore the money or do something they love but accept they're going to be driving a car from the 80s for a good long time.
That's just life.

I love criminal law but it doesn't pay the bills so I work at a family law firm, that's just the way it goes.

jesus christ man..

if you have it that easy then just stick with that easy fucking job, make your tons of money and find happiness outside of work, like a hobby or some shit.

Your problem is you are creating for other people instead of yourself. Quitting will give you nothing.

Options:

Join the military as an officer, remove yourself from normal society for 4-6 years, see how you feel afterwards. Worst case scenario, you get in better shape, get more education, and get a better job. "oh wellfare queen" way to let Sup Forums bully you.

or

Use your capital to start a fufilling hobby, or side job, attempting to do what does make you happy as a living. Eventually you may be able to ween yourself into that job which you desire.

or

Go fully off the grid and leave society behind.

OR

Get a mate. Find a waifu. If you are a gay, get a dickfu. fuck I don't care. Also dont be a bitch. State what your job is at minimum. STEM is a big field set, and state what you think good money is, or what you are making.

why these? Because they are the only real ones.

>a hobby
People, especially burgers, don't do that shit any more. It's all way to triggering.

Could you be more specific? What field of work are you in exactly and how much do you make for how many hours a week, that you consider it not to be worth doing?

Maybe you're right. Perhaps I've demonized the college loan industry too much and can't see the forest through the trees.

I've gone down this road before OP and probably a good deal further than you. Had the (((dream job))), realized I was unhappy, started my own business, realized (((taking a company public))) is rigged, sold, joined a (((venture backed))) startup, realized the situation was completely cucked, bounced, now I'm working on software for political campaign managers.

Here's my advice:

First, figure out what you want in the next 3 years. Then:

1) If it's just pure money, get in on some kind of psuedoscam cryptocurrency. That's where the tech money is at right now. The reason is dumbass LPs have realized they can just invest directly into ICOs and don't have to invest money through VCs. So even VCs are having hard time raising money. So fuck trying to raise money from a VC right now. Either get in on a crypto pump or don't bother.

2) If you want to develop your skills, go work for (((Facebook/Google/Salesforce/etc))). Because these companies actually do attract and develop the best managers and it's the best resume building experience.

3) If you want freedom, look into some ancillary business you can bootstrap into sustaining itself. Running a repair shop is a fairly low capital intensive option. Code academies are very lucrative right now as well, and about as expensive to set up as a karate dojo. Personally I think a code academy that targets meme war veteran NEETs and the professionally blacklisted for placement at right-wing companies would be very lucrative.

Oh wow man I feel really really bad for you, with your six figure salary, RSU's and free lunches you get every day.

>But I'm not quite ready for the crippling debt grad school brings.

Just a heads up: if a PhD program wants you they will fund you.

>>Burgers have to pay to do PhDs
>Kek

Nah. If you get accepted it's a general rule that you're also funded. Most programs won't let you pay your own way through. If they do they think you're just a rich retard and they're taking advantage of you.

I don't know what to tell you user.

I'm reconsidering my pursuit for an engineering degree because how many engineers do not STAY an engineer for 20+ years. A good number of engineering seniors I've talked to either won't be an an engineer for their first job when they graduate or will not be taking engineering jobs at all.

At the same time, I want the degree because I want to legit call myself an engineer and prove I'm not a dumbass, but does that mean anything really?

yeah if youre a fat sjw or a cuck.

Men have hobbies.

Coding as verb.

>muh work sucks uhhh
>I want I want I want

>Men have hobbies.
Exactly.

No no no fuck no
You will not quit that job. You have no right to. Get a hobby if you arent content. Half of us here will never see a properly paying job. Get a fucking grip

well said. I think the military industrail complex is a nice place, as is any evil right wing company. You learn that you hate society, and its nice existing outside it.

Protip: check out Dynecorp, Raytheon, or any other big name. General Atomics is hiring. Aerospace in general is pretty awesome, though SPACEspace is kinda stressful due to yuppies being involved in it.

tl/dr: Look in a mirror and say this "I make weapons systems and weapon systems accessories."

Oof.

>Trades or entrepreneurship.

I'm guessing you've both neither worked in a trade nor been an "entrepreneur".

It's not as easy as just "doing it".

>too obsessed with money
>don't take out loans so you have way more money to waste on frivolous shit
Sounds like he values his security more than money.

>Yes Goyim, work (((that job))) where your compensation will always be 5 to 50 times lower than the value of the work you produce, work which literally is a driving force behind white genocide.

Quitting a job for ethical reasons is the most redpilled thing you can do. On a bad day you can go fish and have enough meat for energy to hunt the next day.

Stay at your job for a year, and save up as much money as you can. You can use the money to start your own business or whatever else.

Some of this advice is way better then I thought you faggots could manage. You da best.

Sounds like youre a whiner faggot neet then

sounds like you're a stupid brainlet who will never get a stem job.

OMG THIS

except*

Try and break the world record for most wanks in a day. Currently held by you.

Very few people like their jobs though. It's a necessary evil used to get money.

Go read some Arron Clarey books senpai.

Work isn't satisfying unless you are creating your own business or find what you do important. Work is so you can afford to do the things in life that are fulfilling. The sad truth is life won't provide you fulfillment, you have to go out and find it on your own.

anytime nig nog. You still are leaving me hanging on what your job is.

I am presently an "architect" in a major information software system that is being utilized as a lightweight ERP for a two letter federal entity (VA)

PLAY BALL!

Oh yeah. I work for a tech consulting company. I'm a software engineer that specializes in helping businesses integrate their infrastructure with the cloud and cloud computing.

What's your job and how much do you make?

Also, what was your major?

yeah man. Take that skillset and just go chat with a military recruiter. Protip, find one that recruits officers, and go into cyber command (navy/ airforce), build ties with the NSA and the contractors there. Its a good life. Have some friends doing it. Thats another fork to possibly take.

kys

>be me
>live off of 800/mo due to disability
>can only dream of having disposable income

Do you not realize how fucking lucky you are? Shut up, keep the job, and pray to God every night in thanks.

>WOE IS ME LIFE REQUIRES WORK AND IS DIFFICULT AND NOT ALWAYS FUN 100% OF THE TIME BETTER QUIT MY SIX FIGURE JOB AND JUST SEE WHERE LIFE TAKES ME LOL

How did you land the gig?

What language/languages did you know going into it?

I know it's pretty rare to work from home as a junior dev, but I'd love to do that.

I wasn't a CS major but I did learn Java/Python/R

Trust me I'm intimately aware of how lucky I am. I feel like a piece of shit for hating my job, but what makes you unhappy makes you unhappy

I know that feel OP. Also quit a good paying easy office job because it was unfulfilling and I dreaded the idea of spending my best years clocking in and out on a routine of sadness. I decided to go to grad school but didn't want the debt, so I moved to Europe to get that free college.

eh, don't listen to those jelly jerks that are triggered by your situation.
>walking in my shoes

>God is good but life fucks then die.

I have never heard a more accurate statement.

(You) have to self actualize first. Learn about Abraham Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

Don't ever talk to a military recruiter unless you're interested in finding out how much 1 person can lie in as much time as you give them.

If you're any good you can just launch a private sector shop doing basically fucking whatever and In-Q-Tel will eventually come talk to you. They did to me. They have to pretty much all of my friends in tech even though most don't realize they were talking to In-Q-Tel at the time. And whatever money they put on the table will literally be like 1,000x more than some high speed trying to talk an engineer into a role they themselves know nothing about. So there is literally no point to going into the military through the front door if that's even something you want to do.

What languages didn't I know is probably a shorter answer. If you're looking for a cushy job right out of the gate, get certified on Amazon AWS. Companies are desperate for those skills right now.

>probably 22 making $150k a year
>works from home so probably only does a few days of actual "work" a week
>wahhhh life is so boring

Fuck I want to strangle you

One of the most intelligent engineers I've worked with got his bachelors at like 35. Before that he was a waiter doing psychedelics and going to EDM festivals.

I worked as an IT Manager up until January. I've been traveling ever since, my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.

Short term consulting contracts are plentiful and if you're not awful at managing money or tied down with a massive mortgage, car payments, etc you can live very comfortably off of this while saving & investing for your retirement.

If you're just 5 months out of school, I'd suggest sticking it out for a year or two just to have the credentials to start doing the work as a contractor.

stop asking what a good man is and be one user :'( wyte powa

nobody is lucky to have a job. if you're hired at a company it's because they are literally throwing money at you for help that is vital to their continued existence. this is obviously much more of the case in an operational/R&D role like this one, but you should never, ever view yourself as lucky to have a job. companies should be lucky to hire you. and frequently, in this industry at least, they are, which is why engineers can command huge salaries, because there is a lot of competition for the limited talent.

Here's the thing. I am a contractor.

that's bullshit but just go do a trade if you don't want to do college

Hows the money in family law? about to graduate myself and have no idea what the fuck to do

You're not too old user. My best friend in college was ex-mil and started college at 32-33. He was smart as fuck and banged freshman roasties all the time. He's doing great now, you have no excuse and I encourage you to better yourself.

Stop being a fag. Fulfills you? Go to work! Retirement, that's what fulfills people. Retiring at 55, and use mutual funds to make money while you vacation. I'm sure some time along the way you'll find a hobby - which is all you're lacking. The problem is you're not very interesting. The job is the best thing to ever happen to you, at least you're not broke and uninteresting - which is what you'll be if you quit.

Take up a cause that will make you value what you have right now.

Go see starving children in africa.

Join the army and fight.

Start dealing drugs.

Start doing daredevil stuff for the adrenaline rush.

You're young and missing the excitement of life. You need to risk losing everything to be able to understand the value of what you have.

Not everyone gets where they by skill alone. OP even admitted fate was on his side. Sounds like you were good enough to get by on skill alone. Not everyone can.

This guy has a point

It's shit. My mate does it. Been in the same job for 56k a year

If this thread has done anything, it's reminded me how bad I wanted to become a military officer. Banged up my knee in college, so I put that idea away, but it's all healed up now.

I'd say put up with it and put excess money into a private retirement fund or savings account then retire at 60.

Fate is bullshit people make their own luck. OP is entry level and probably doesn't even know what the war he's in even looks like from an operational/strategic level. Nobody at entry-level positions in tech has any kind of responsibility to feel some sort of survivor's guilt. For starters it's 99% guaranteed that you are naive and being taken advantage of no matter how you're compensated.

Hang out for a little bit, at least 2 years. I cannot stress this enough, even if it entails you spending every cent you earn on novelties to get you through the working week

After you decide to quit or whatever you will more than likely find yourself wanting to go back at some point. Maybe you have hang ups on working a 40 hour week, you will only realise this once you get another job. Working your week and getting back decent is ten fold better than doing it for peanuts

Just hang on, you can go back if you get an established bit of experience. Leave now and you hurt future job prospects, people will wonder why you left after such little time

quarterly was due on 9/15 LOL

I havent gotten a job yet but I sure as hell know I won't be a cubicle bitch office drone slaving away for some Jew. My dream is to either become an infantry officer or a pilot, or even a farmer. If I have to spend longer than 12 hours per month in the city I become deeply depressed. Seriously, fuck money, do what you always have wanted to do, and don't care about the judgment of low IQ normies who only think in terms of money and sex.

>doesn't want to be a slave for the Jew.
>wants to be an infantry officer

Son I don't even know where to begin with you. At least you're high IQ enough to work on or be farm equipment.

do it neggar. I did. well. enlisted. but still. it was worth it. fuck everyone.

I'm a Canuck m9, so I won't be fighting for Israel like you americunts most probably. Our former PM damn near refused to send anyone to Iraq, and current public opinion is strongly against any further further military involvements, I just want to shoot guns and do some camping with my bros okay?

>leaf

Everything but the but plug I agree with.