Go Fuck Yourself, Anno

Go Fuck Yourself, Anno.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RjkVLE78Cpc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So you wanted your generic mecha showdown? Well, fuck you and fuck generic predictable shit

>Bwa BWa BWaaaaaaaaa

what did he mean by that?

ZANKOKU NA TENSHI NO YOU NI

This is what Sup Forums has become.

Congratulations!

QUEERS

Go Fuck Yourself, user

youtube.com/watch?v=RjkVLE78Cpc

He no longer needs to, his wife has a strapon

So what's the real truth for this matter? Did the studio really out of budget for last 2 episode? Or they purposely did that for an excuse for people to watch the EOE movie?

They ran out of money
However the other statement is not quite wrong either
Gainax did run out of money, you can see animation cells and story boards for EoE on the last few episodes fast cuts and preview segments
However this does not disregard that 25&26 are not just half assed and slapped together episodes, but the climax of Anno's depression and the most "EVA" thing we will ever get since the man will never be as depressed as he was during the production of those episodes

A quick summary of how stressful NGE's production was

>Anno's previous work Nadia bombed hard
>Was stressed though Nadia's whole production due to lack of power even though he was the main director
>Gainax might close down due to financial problems
So far he is pretty down on his life
>Get a new contract for a new show that he can fully direct this time
>Show does great, well received, prime time and all
He goes a bit up here
>TV Tokyo rearranges NGEs time slot due to its content from 8PM to 11PM and views drop
>Gainax starts running out of budget again
He starts to go down again
>views start to drop a lot more talking and less action happens in the show, he starts projecting a bit too much on his characters
Going even more down
>Gainax has no money left for animation, he and Yoshinari have to animate everything in the show
>No more money to even keep Yoshinari, he does most of the job himself and Yoshinari does 15s of animation in one episode
This is the last few episodes, Anno is on tumbling down mode, nothing in his life is working, he is being over worked because of his own scheduling incompetence, he thinks the story he wrote so far is shit (Eva was written as it went BTW, nothing was set in stone till the episode aired) almost none of the set pieces and sequences he had planned can be used and to top it all he couldn't afford to hire help, so he does most of the work writing around te fact he has no crew anymore and all he has to animate is his hands an a editing machine

It's kinda like Gundam ZZ back in the day, they put Char in the OP even though he never appeared in it because at first Tomino want ZZ to end with a final showdown between Amuro and Char, but then they decide scrap that in ZZ and used that for CCA movie.

With all this happening and with Anno storming in and out of Gainax's offices 25&26 are born
Made out of heavily cuts using eerie music and reused assets to set the tone to the writing of a incredibly depressed Hideaki Anno going though a myrad of emotions and just wanting to finish what he so proudly started
Congratulations wasn't just for shinji, but also Anno, its not the ending he planned to do, but its the ending he felt doing it, if that makes sense

After that, EVA boomed, and started to make money again and they shat out Death and Rebirth to make even more money so they could found EoE, the ending he had planned to make before his life went to shit, but not only as just a "I gotta finish what I started during the TV production" but as a reflection of what he felt during the production of the last two episodes of the TV series, hence why EoE, even though Anno is not quite depressed, is still a pretty dark and depressive movie

Of course, all of that was my own interpretation from watching all his work and the second hand information you get from his interviews and his wife's manga about him, you are free to call me a projecting faggot all you want if you disagree

>Nadia bombed hard
No it didn't you dumbass.

Yes it did, you dumbass.

Seriously, i watched eva in 1998 and i pissed blood at the last 2 episodes. Literally i wanted to murder to the fucker who made this series. Then i watched EoE like 5 years later when the internet became a thing where i live. At least i knew i wasnt the only one who got pissed off at the end.

And i still think he didnt want to make EoE, and he just made it because the backlash he got.

No, it didn't you fucking faggot. Nadia was a major hit in the early 90s.

If you didn't like the ending to Eva, you're either underage or a school shooter

The last 2 eps are the best part of the series. If you want to watch robots and shit go watch Gundam or something.

Congratulations!

Robots are important to the experience of NGE.

Yes, but only to set up the subversion to come.

>this thread

No, it's pretty integral to the story. It's important that Shinji is in an active combat situation and beating the shit out of aliens.

and if you want cheap philosophy, and poor written psychoanalysis maybe you should read a book. I didnt expected a ultimate battle like in EoE but at least an ending, a conclusion. I know many people will shit bricks here, but japs cant do write endings for shit.

EoE is a great ending though, and that was the original vision. They just ran out of time.