Overlord

Vol. 10 soon
Translations never

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/703409/161741e2dd/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We still have fanfics user. You can hold onto that.

Would you sacrifice all your worldly needs to turn into an immortal skeleton?

>cant bone your personal succubus
>cant feel regret of killing inferior insects
>but you can trick your genius subordinate into thinking you're not a retard

Most of them are garbage though.

Nigel's fanfic is gonna be pretty good though.

it already is. Igni Ro Falen ;_;

Fuck demons and undead, who ANGEL here?

Rate my build anons.
Of course I get the rare angel class.
40 lv in angel races and the rest in job classes is minmaxed between my holy attacks, General class and strengthening summons.
All my gear is split into raising resistances from other attributes, some general gear and strengthening holy attacks.

>Come across a magic user who just throws up a null holy spell
Nice dreambuild babby

SO you're basically the holy version of Ainz?

UNHOLY SMITE bitch. Also, Planar Binding will fuck you up.

I want chair to violently dominate me while Nigel translates how she's scolding me.

This is a Japanese rabbit

No its not

According to YenPress it is.

>Her goal is to make a harem of Climbs just like Ainz has a harem of maids.
>Unfortunately all her ideas are rejected by the nobles
>Jircniv as usual copies her ideas and implement in the empire
>Soon the empire is full of Climbs
>We get 1~2 entire volumes full of Climb
Ididn'taskforthis.jpg

i want to put my dick in there

Is the Kindle release usually the same quality as their reading preview?
If so, I'm definitely not getting this artifact loader garbage.

>Sebas: Pet maid as waifu
>Cocytus: Lizards

Inb4 Yuri, Pestonya and CZ adopts an orphanage packed with lolis and shotas.

Daily Reminder

I can understand Yuri and Pestonya wanting to adopt a bunch of lolis and shotas but why CZ? She doesn't even like humans and just ignore them. It would be more in character if she wanted to adopt all cute animals around to cuddle them like how she does with Eclair.

I'm not fodder, the rare class helps and of course I have counters for those stuff like everyone should.

Amazon skims off a delivery charge of $0.15 per megabyte from the publisher for every purchase of an ebook from the Kindle store (the only exception, for some reason, being for JPY purchases of books over 10MB).

Which is why all the Kindle ebooks from Yen Press have their images compressed heavily to keep the filesize down to around 2.5MB give or take a few hundred kB.

Not sure how it is on Nook, but at least on Kobo they don't have to do this. Here's the same image from a Kobo release rip.

Yes, Kobo it is, thanks.
Seems scaled as intended and properly saved at 98 unlike amazon who saved it at 40.

Wouldn't it hurt them that much to offer the customers to pay that extra fee and get the release as intended? Nobody would bother then probably since Kobo would be cheaper and the better choice (which it apparently already is).

I was about to write some Chair femdom stuff when I realised it would be faster for you to self-insert into this and imagine Suzuka-sama being Chair instead.

exhentai.org/g/703409/161741e2dd/

>Wouldn't it hurt them that much to offer the customers to pay that extra fee and get the release as intended?
I'm not sure your average customer would care since presumably on a monochrome eInk screen the difference won't be all that obvious at a glance anyway.

Especially with the still low native res on e-ink readers. Maybe you could spot the compression with 1080x1920 display on them but before that, nah.

Soon even they will with the upcoming E Ink technology that was just announced.

It would probably be visible to those who read using the Kindle app on a phone or tablet.

Thanks for reminding me this gem exists.

Or desktop. Pretty silly from Amazon either way.

>saved it at 40
god, no wonder it's got more artifacts than the Nazarick treasure hall

Nigel, pls. I still get nightmares. Dont reminder me of this.

For some reason, I just got 500 points from CDJapan. Now I'm tempted to buy volume 10 dammit.

Hey, that content delivery bandwidth isn't going to pay for itself, they're running a business here.

Rakuten gives 450 points too if you register within this month.

>the only exception, for some reason, being for JPY purchases of books over 10MB
I assume this is a concession to digital LN or manga publishers using the Kindle store in Japan?

The major store for digital purchases in Japan is BookWalker, though.
All other stores basically use copies of their e-books with their own DRM.
It's pretty obvious when you buy something from Amazon/Rakuten and then you suddenly have the usual BW page inside.

And in the end it's the publisher who also has to decide if they want to pay up or not. At least they don't offer HQ and LQ versions hah.

Reminder not to bully but too hug this bug

Might as well create a new account using some shitty mail over there and get some e-book on a sale. Or do I have to do something specific to get these points, apart from registration?

You can't bully a bug.
Bugs don't have feelings

Ill just come back next thread you know that anons...

>tfw Kadokawa is probably going to use Yen Press to push their stupid Global Bookwalker initiative

Is there something inherently broken with it? Haven't really followed publisher frontends as of late.

That's a Japanese chair.

I believe Bookwalker ripping is not currently possible, and nobody cares enough to break the encryption on it unlike for, say, Amazon or Kobo's encryption.

Will Ainz eventually pose himself as a god?
What will his religion be called?
Will he write a holy book? Inb4 Mein Kampf

He's too modest for that. Other people may try to make him appear as a God though.

I'm pretty sure there is a method around, but not publicly available.

As the other user said, they're already doing bullshit with it anyway.
Example would be Dengeki Bunko novels.
Their release order is like this:
Printed release > digital release exclusively for BW (one month later) > digital release for other stores (another month later).

Basically, if you want ripped, digital releases of them, earliest is two months after the initial release, currently.

I don't see a problem from business standpoint in that with the "ripping" issue. First month sales are important for the longevity after all.

But yeah, sucks that they're trying to push fans buy the printed one and gating the access to digital to be month later.

He still can't read the local language I believe

>Implying PA wont just indoctrinate everyone into reading in german
I mean if catholic priests still learn latin why not?

He can wear the glasses that Sebas used during his mission in the kingdom.

Well the Catholic Church is the last surviving part of the Roman Empire.

Well Nazarick is in some way the last surviving part of the Third Reich.

what bothers me is that konosuba is now over due to yen press completing liscensing or something so even the "fanfic" of the official volumes has ceased (except for spin-offs). but by my knowledge yen press has done the same for overlord. with all due respect to Nigel and his amazing initiative to write a "fanfic" isn't he going to get in trouble since sky has stopped doing the exact same thing for konosuba?

It's leading up to that and there are some biblical moments already, pic related is when Jesus asks a woman for water, but it is Ainz who offers the water here instead.

Or vol 6 when God (Ainz) told Abraham (Sebas) to sacrifice his son Isaac (Tsuare) to test his loyalty and when he was about to do it god stopped him.
Demiurge planned it like that.

Just give us an account to pay his lawyer fees?

He took the risk.

But I bet there will be WTF probably low EQ ppl shitting on his work.

We can do is wait now.

Then whos Judas? Enri? Enfirea? Albedo? an SB?

They can do jack shit if he doesn't host the translation somewhere officially, affiliated with his real name or e-mail.

He could simply create a thread on Sup Forums when a chapter is done using a consistent topic, for example.

all i want to know is why overlord is different from konosuba. i mean if we let yen press do as they please we'll have to wait for like four years till they catch up to vol 10 and Nigel already said that he'll do the "fanfic". I just want to be sure he doesn't suffer for our sins like getting banned from translation community or even worse. he's already our savior but he doens't have to be our martyr.

>Sword Art Online
>Spice and Wolf
>Haruhi
>Maou-sama
Yen Press has a history of not really giving a shit about fan translations as long as they're not on BT and they're sufficiently far ahead from where they currently are at.

>banned from translation community
The fuck are you even talking about?
How are they going to do that? Come over to his house, break all of his fingers, and cap the internet connection?

Yen Press is literally yakuza

>We get 1~2 entire volumes full of Climb
Please, no.

heard about something like that happening to another translator who stuck his neck out for another LN franchise and gut DMCA'ed and lost any and all prospect of translating. forgot the LN's name though. that's why i'm worried for Nigel. but if he's not a professional translator like the other one than of course he'll have far less things to worry about.

i know! that's why i used to end all my posts regarding overlord with "burn in hell yen press"!

I was being sarcastic but ok

>heard about something like that happening to another translator who stuck his neck out for another LN franchise and gut DMCA'ed and lost any and all prospect of translating.
Danmachi? The translator didn't lose any and all prospect of translating, WordPress just deleted his blog.

>if he's not a professional translator like the other one
Danmachi's translator was a Chinese translator with a rather poor command of English, not a pro.

I think Drunken Wolf Translations might have been actually paying someone to translate Spice and Wolf but they never received a C&D ever.

you're making it sound way less horrible than what i remember but if that was all than OK.

I just want to read vol 10 without worrying about what's gonna happen to the translator.

let's all collectively hope for a soon-ish translation of the latest volume! and let us all thank Nigel in advance for his "fanfic" and pray for less climbs and more chairs!

>I just want to read vol 10 without worrying about what's gonna happen to the translator.
Mate, I'm sure he's probably already thought about all this shit. Nigel's a big boy he doesn't need someone else worrying about him.

DanMachi translation stop wasn't horrible at all. It was rather generic.

The translator lost interest (this was the first hurdle) afterward he got a C&D and tried to go against it with password protection (how stupid) and in the end the blog was taken down. That's all.

His "reputation" was never good to begin with (especially after he started skipping chapters) since, like the other user said, he was a JP>CN>EN translation with rather bad English.

People who read his releases on the website were obviously kissing his ass in the comment section since they dare not say what they actually think out of anxiety that he might quit because of that.

Well, I ain't having sex anyways. Bring on the bonestorm.

>Mein Bone

Demiurge is Satan, the way Satan is actually supposed to be: the one that tests the other beings' loyalty to Ainz-sama.

Does Satan ever get a cute waifu we can look forward to?

Tsuare.

Will Netorare become a common trope in the LN?
If Enri takes a cross as her banner can we confirm shes NW Jesus?

I ordered Vol. 1 and it arrives next week.

Same

So did vol 1 actually get a semi-decent translation?

Apart from two mistakes, yes.

Good, was fearing they'd fuck it up.
I'll have to get around to buying it at some point then.

Ainz is already being worshipped, though. In v7 or v8 the lizardmen are worshipping him and in v9 the people in Carne pray to him.

I've got no strings
So I have fun
I'm not tied up to anyone
They've got strings
But you can see
There are no strings on me

>rabbit

>rabbit
That was one of the two I meant.

What was the other one?

Yeah, it was just the most glaring one to me, since it sounded like they changed it for no sensible reason.

Still, the fact is that the pro translators don't exactly have the benefit of a community to serve as a backup pool of translators, they have a lot of work to do, and they can't make changes to the doc as freely as I can because the printers are in the loop as well ("Ah, there's a mistake on page 72!" "Great, but we've finished our printing run, so here's 5000 stickers, go paste them over all the mistakes.")

IMO, if the money goes to Maruyama and you like the official stamp of approval, there's no reason not to buy it. I'm not here to compete with anyone. It's apparently a pretty nice hardcover too.

>live in Japan
>can't read nip
>buying the books would do me no good

Nigel, you are my only hope.

Never Forget, LV 60+ and he's only a weak human.

>>live in Japan
>>can't read nip
How the fuck are you able to live in japan if you can't read nip?

Buy a good scanner.

He has very moe eyes.

Live in Tokyo. Everyone knows English there

Don't forget that PDL is level 120.

>Everyone knows Engrish there

It's the ruuuuuuuruuus.