Konosuba

It's Wednesday, time for the new episode.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/masahiro_lemon/status/735665326826749954
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you're curious, I probably won't be editing anything until volume 9 comes out. I'm busy with... other things.

Who is this useless slut bunny?

I will feel nothing but dread until we get season 2.

By the way, the LNs are like $6 on Amazon Kindle. You guys should get them, it's not hard.

I'm worried they'll fuck up season 2. Since the first season was only ten episodes I don't think the studio were betting on Konosuba getting popular, and they'll probably end up doing something stupid with season 2 because of it.

Is that an adult Megumin? Crimson demons get pretty stacked don't they?

I just hope they continue off of the last 3 or 4 episodes. There was more story into it.

I don't know much about the LNs, but as long as it keeps to parodying RPGs and fantasy cliches while staying fun and silly I'll be happy with it.

You are not going to edit the unedited part of vol 8 first? Chapter 3 and below aren't edited yet right?

He asked around earlier and most people said they wanted him to start from the top.

Remember, no sexual

Was it rape?

That's Yunyun, the village weirdo. She isn't chuuni

Waiting to get her tits slapped.

Really? kek

Damn it most people are idiot. There's no guarantee the user would stick around editing 8~ volume especially since the middle part are actually decent enough.

If anything you fix the volume with the shitties editing first, Vol. 8 and Megumin's spinoff.

Stupid generalshitter, I bet the people that ask him to edit from the first volume didn't even read the LNs.

>Cecily ignored me and happily buried her nose into the bed sheet and sniffed heavily.
Oh man

I'm expecting there to be changes like in the first season but it still turned out great.

Are they going to do Kazuma in jail?

Why they would not?

>Kazuma freezing the window so Megumin can't escape

Goddamn why do I find this generic LN so entertaining

The preview for the OVA showed Yunyun in Wiz's shop. I thought they might skip ahead or move some things around. It would be a good start for the second season, but with the OVA I wonder how they will handle it.

Lolis make the best love interests. Prove me wrong. Protip:You can't

Mitsurugi gets lamer every appearance. Having his wing cut didn't seem to slow Hoost down one bit.

Because it isn't generic. It's also surprisingly well written, as far as LNs go.

These threads are going to get super depressing soon. I just hope volume 10 gets translated not too long after its out.

wouldn't go as far as saying it is well written, but I guess your right on the ln not being generic. It's one of those generic "not like other" lns.

Hoost isn't your average grunt. He's pretty much an endgame boss, it's actually impressive that Mitsurugi was able to wound him despite getting ambushed.

And that wound was how everyone managed to escape that fight alive, too.

The real funny part is that later you find out that Darkness and Chris were able to fight Hoost by themselves, and Aqua casually solos him.

I did say as far as LN go. But at this point you're being facetious and aren't willing to admit that it's a genuine fun read.

They'll just give a quick synopsis of her character and add something funny and it'd be fine.

The writer has a set plan for how the story should go and where it will end, which is more than you can say for like 90% of other LNs.

Shit like the punchlines for volumes 1 and 3 coming back all the way in volumes 6 and 7 is something you'd never see in your average LN.

>And that wound was how everyone managed to escape that fight alive, too.

This point is actually pretty notable. In the main story we're used to having Aqua and her literally god tier healing capabilities around, so no casualty raids on even the strongest opponents aren't that weird.

But this is before Kazuma and Aqua formed the party. Anyone who dies just fucking dies, game over. Mitsurugi was apparently able to stall Hoost long enough for (hopefully) everyone with him to get away, and that's after he got blasted with high level magic.

I mean, sure, in the main story that wouldn't be impressive either since we're familiar with Darkness' idiotically high defensive stats too, but not everyone's like her!

I am not shure that the plot is 100% set already but each joke being also a setup for a later punchline is definetly a strenght of the LN.
It also never relies on stupidity/misunderstandings but rather character flaws to drive the interpersonal humor.

>no more fanfic after volume 9
Fucking why? Yen Press is godawful at translating and fuckers are so slow that I'll be dead before they release vol 3.
Don't do this to me, I thought the whole "fanfic" deal was to avoid Yen Press's faggotry.

>"Darkness called. But I was on the phone so I missed her. I tried to *69 Darkness, but her machine picked up. I yelled, "Pick up the phone, Darkness!" but she ignored me. Darkness must have been screening her calls."

What is Vanir's spin-off like? Vol. 1 is flashback and Vol. 2 new things?

Vanir's spinoff is basically all of the big side characters (and Aqua) getting some time in the spotlight. It's actually really nice, because it's rare for a LN's side characters to be interesting enough to carry a story without the MC nearby.

The stars of each chapter are:
1. Dust and Yunyun
2. Iris
3. Luna
4. The succubi
5. Wiz

Chapter 4 is awesome, by the way. Aqua accidentally finds out about the succubi and gets ready to purge the shit out of them. In comes Vanir, who may not be particularly fond of them but is still their lord so he's not going to stand by and let them die. Aqua proceeds to remind everyone she isn't a complete joke and murders Vanir like four times in the ensuing battle. She's eventually pacified, and Vanir leaves one parting shot: he can see that in the future, Aqua will come back to the succubi and apologize in tears.

She does, because someone tells Kazuma.

The LN is an adaption of an already finished WN. It's pretty much a final draft.

All the characters are super interesting. It's nice that they get fleshed-out like that.

I'm not saying it's not a fun read, if that was the case I wouldn't be reading it right now. Just saying it's nothing special, probably the only reason I'm so into it is because it appeals to all the things I like.

If only Megumin didn't cockblock it or disturbed by other at vol.5, this would be happen

well she still has a chance right?
I am at volume 6 so far and it appears she is in the lead unless Kazuma like Iris more than an imouto

Cecily is scum. But then again it should already be obvious.

Fuck off ESL-kun.

She has a chance but not if she keeps fucking it up.

I can't wait for vol 9 where nothing happens at all.

yup

>well she still has a chance right?
yes.

In vol 8 kazuma is 100% certain he's become a harem protagonist, and believes he's on the Darkness and Megumin route. He's resolved to drag it out as long as possible to see if he can add anymore girls to the harem.

seriously.

shit just cracks me up.

She still have high chance despite always fucked it up

there is no lead see megumin and darkness are in the same boat.

hell the WN was open end between the two

Well, he was mentioned Megumin when talking to Darkness in that situation, though yeah Megumin's value is lowered because she fucked up her all of her chance.
Also, isn't the WN kinda rushed from what I heard?

;_;

Her scummyness just makes her more endearing.

>I thought the whole "fanfic" deal was to avoid Yen Press's faggotry
explain more

Kadokawa DMCA'd Skythewood's page because he was translating Konosuba.
Skythewood created a "fanfic" which had extactly the same content as the translation of Konosuba, but since it's a "fanfic" they can't really complain about copyright infringement as far as I know.
I thought he did to avoid Yen Press shitting up yet another translation project, but it seems he was just doing it because they DMCA'd him before they actually licenced Konosuba.
And now he is stopping the translations once vol 9 is done and we'll have to way DECADES for the lazy faggots at Yen Press to gives us a low quality translation.
So, fuck Yen Press (again).

*exactly
*did it to avoid
*we'll have to wait

thanks a lot for the long and detailed explanation
Konosuba is my first LN ever and at this point I assumed "fanfic" was just a memeword for LN

have a >: Megumin as a token of apretiation

Which vol 8 fanfic should I read? Sinenormie/Akatsuki natsumi or blitzblast?

Are you implying that BlitzBlast's version isn't what Akatsuki originally wrote or something?

Kazuma fucked up all his chances with Darkness as much Megumin does with him.

She does have some fine abs.

Didn't realize it until you said it. This is kinda like a hint, their way of thinking also similar, even though it's not exactly same.
Also, is it true that the author once said "Aqua is the main heroine, while Megumin is the true heroine".
Or is it just someone bullshit

>aqua has arm gloves
Since when?

>someones bullshit

this. the author basically is a troll as far as ships go but this is the point of konosuba.

>cancerous haremfags still hugboxing over this garbage

gr8 b8 m8! i r8 8/8

She puts them on for work.
I don't know, she usually has sleeve things like in the anime. I might only have been for the trial.

Just confused, since there's 2 epubs on the mega drive I found in the comments on the fanfic site.

if thats how a Crimson Demon looks fully developed then sign me in for Megumin

Well here's the same passage from both of them.

Sine
>“From you… I gained a lot of happy, refreshing, sad, and angry memories. As the daughter of a noble family, I originally won’t have such experiences. If I never met you, I wouldn’t have been able to travel with everyone and experience those dangerous adventures. The past year after I met you has been the happiest and most blessed time of my life.”

BB
>“I’ve… I’ve gained so many memories thanks to you. Happy ones, refreshing ones, sad ones, and angry ones, all thanks to you. As the daughter of a noble family, normally I’d never have been able to experience things like that. I’m sure that if I hadn’t met you, I’d never have been able to travel with everyone and enjoy all of those dangerous adventures. I want you to know, this past year since I’ve met you has been the happiest and most blessed time of my life.”

You pick which one you think's better. BB's edits were only from chapter 4 onwards, though.

What are you saying? Megumin is already fully developed.

It was necrophilia

Man this thread is dead compared to last week. Do people just not care about the spinoffs?

What is that filename supposed to mean?

>Why does Sup Forums want to be the loli?
Lurk a little more, please.

But Megumin is a loli too. The connection to wanting to be the little girl isn't clear anyway.

Komekko a best.

Megumin is done growing. Remember, malnutrition stunts your growth.

>Kill stealer
>Best anything

>wanting a new episode even though they ran out of ideas
Dumb anons

Don't call her a little girl user

She's the number 1 killstealer of the Crimson Demon clan.

Vanir has it tough. At least he can zap wiz as much as he wants.

>It'll sell! I know it!

I don't think a thousand years is enough.

Kazuma really should know by now not to act cocky at the climax. That'll show him. (at least he got some levels from the serenity girl)

Probably. The spin-offs aren't that interesting in my opinion, I stopped reading the Megumin spin-off at the 3rd chapter because I just wasn't interested anymore.

I'll probably go back and read them sometime after volume 9 is finished being translated since Yen Press won't catch up till 2020.

>zap wiz

Is that an euphemism for fuck?

I will start the LNs today
how close are the main party of killing off the Demon King?

They killed a bunch of Demon Army Generals but they spend most of their time being lazy cunts and not even trying to kill him (mainly because they don't want to, the pro adventurers can do that while they enjoy the NEET life(.

They've killed a lot of them but they aren't exactly trying to kill them.

Usually they only end up killing one because they just happen to get involved with them.

twitter.com/masahiro_lemon/status/735665326826749954

They've got a pretty astonishing kill count between them, all things considered, but Kazuma managed to make it out of poverty so now he and Aqua have zero reason to stick with the Kill The Demon Lord thing.

I mean why do /they/ have to do it when there are so many other adventurers, right?

What subs do I use for this show?

>They killed a bunch of Demon Army Generals but they spend most of their time being lazy cunts
>They've killed a lot of them but they aren't exactly trying to kill them.

Classic Kazuma
I think im gonna enjoy this shit

Is that a squid?

>but Kazuma managed to make it out of poverty

He'll be back to being poor soon enough. And then he'll get rich again somehow.

Kazuma's only lost his fortune once, and that was because Vanir was being Vanir and wanted Kazuma to despair.

Vanir's a bro though so he planned it all out so that Kazuma would get his money back.

Kazuma and Aqua are busy travelling around town being nouveau-riche douchebags. I wish I had the quote for it.

>AYYYY, this meal was the bomb. Take all this money and live it up
>Thank you for paying and tipping the exact cost of the meal, sir & madame....

After Kazuma makes it big, the party has to find reasons to even get him out of the house. Dude's enjoying his new life and doesn't want to deal with anymore of that high risk adventurer bullshit.

Sure he's guaranteed to come back to life, but dying hurts.

He gets out of home by himself! To visit the succubs shop

How strong is the party, anyway?

Mitsurugi is presumably supposed to be your average overpowered Sent To Another World MC, and he's constantly in the thick of things so you'd think his level would be really high by now. He's the most famous of the heroes so presumably he's the strongest person on the human side, too. So why is it that he hasn't seem to have killed a single Demon Lord General?

I mean sure, Kazuma's party is absurdly overspecialized, has Aqua, and are generally working together with a bunch of other people, but Mitsurugi should have the backing of an entire royal army. Why does he suck so much?