Do you unironically enjoy pre-2000's anime?

Do you unironically enjoy pre-2000's anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

getamped2.cyberstep.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=bVpwJbLLivU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes

Why wouldn't I enjoy it?

The majority of worthwhile anime is pre-2000. Whether or not you realize this depends on how many shows you've watched and for how long you've been watching, i.e. one's taste, or lack of it.

You mean back before creative expression was killed by disgusting otaku pedophiles?

Yeah, I do.

Gundam 0079 is the oldest I'll go

Am I not supposed to enjoy this?

More than post 2000 for sure.

Based stair jumping is based

I don't understand the immense reverence people have for 90s anime. I've watched Evangelion, Escaflowne, Sailor Moon and several other well-regarded 90s anime and all of them left me cold. Granted, I was born in 1997 so I wasn't watching anime when it first permeated the Western mainstream.

I think people just have rose-tinted glasses for that era because it reminds them of their adolescence.

No it's just your shit taste.

Yes

I enjoy some pre-2000s anime just like I enjoy some post-2000s anime

More like you have shit taste. Time to go build up some standards.

That was pretty cool though. I wish I could jump stairs like that.

Yeah, but it's pointless to talk about it on Sup Forums because it'll just summon a hundred faggots who want to lament the supposed decline of anime.

I don't know, it's awesome.

I think I have pretty good taste. I've probably watched more "good" anime than either of you.

Besides, just because you don't like the anime I listed doesn't mean they aren't critically and commercially revered.

>I have good taste
>I'm barely old enough to post on this board
Nice try, kiddo.

>Gundam SEED is the best anime ever made.
Ok if you say so

Goddamn, Tommy Two Year Old.

I don't think they're saying those shows are shit. They might be saying your taste is shit because you dislike them, though. And it is.

>gundam seed has the record of the most succes in anime ever with more than 200k copies sold for only the first dvd.

here we go lads

what BDs are coming very soon?

>I think I have pretty good taste
Just like every 12 years old on MAL.
>I've probably watched more "good" anime than either of you
Considering the shit standards coming with your shit taste? Unlikely.

well you gonna tell us what this is?

Yes but that movie sucked dick

Reported for being an underage faggot,kill yourself.

>old anime was so much better than today

Anyone who would answer no to this question should be immediately shot

Yes. Gotta problem buddy?

I hate most anime from all periods, but at the half way point of Gunbuster you get that grit factor that rubbed off on TTGL as well.
Some of the 80s cheese is a bit too strong in it too.
The ending's great either way.

Trigun is my favourite anime of all time so yes

i love older anime as well

Honestly, your question triggered me.

Of course I do.

>there will never be another hentai as funny as cream lemon

No I only watch it ironically

Yes and a lot of it is really really really fucking bad. People really do love to bloat up those times using cheery picked examples.

80's anime is ultra comfy.
Some shows like Fist of The North Star really hit it out of the park when it comes to the soundtrack.
Speaking of soundtracks, the Berserk anime really left an impression on me by barely having any music. It felt refreshing to not have audio cues telling me what I'm supposed to feel from a scene.

Now the 00's were the true dark ages of anime, good riddance.

Anime died in 1996.

People born in 1997 aren't underage anymore.

The best anime director ever I feel is Osamu Dezaki (Rose of Versailles, Takarajima, Ashita no Joe etc) and his prime was between 1970 and 1980, I feel you are doing yourself a disservice by only watching modern stuff.

The people who took inspiration from him basically created the modern industry.

muh postcard memories

Which is a good thing, I mean.

Good to see that there's still hope for Sup Forums

>I hate most anime from all periods
>I should go to the anime board!

fellow 97fag and i can confirm that not all of use have this shit taste
now, i do have a nostalgiaboner for anime made between 2000 and 2010, but that's only because i grew when those were made
i don't know how the fuck sailor moon could leave someone cold

12 year olds aren't allowed on this website.

macross dyrl is the most well-animated film ever made

Yes.

no they aren't
why are you stating well known facts

I feel like I recognize this but can't place it. Is this a mecha series?

the lensman movie

Yes. Even in his most girly of shoujo, Dezaki's directorial hand has always been very strong and masculine.
Great, director with a great, distinct visual style.
Which is about 90% of the industry.
And there's Ikuhara, who basically made Utena as Rose of Versailles with even more gay.

Indeed.
I just happened to drop by. Not regular here.

Fuck off.

What exactly is a masculine directing style?

There's no reasonable point as to why you wouldn't

SF Shingeki Lensman

Some not all.

I miss 80s sci-fi anime

It's somewhere between ok and shit most of the time, but when it's good, it's phenomenal.

'-' hi i am gato and i like mostachos and anime games '-' and ice cream '-' ice cream '-'

I'll agree that 90s western animation/movies were all just crap, but i liked it when i was young, but these anime shows are actually well made and drawn and still love them to this day.

>You will never get animation like that ever again

>unironically
t. 2015 user

This movie had over 80K cells

getamped2.cyberstep.com/

Sir_Gato of icecream speak bye '-'

>cheery picked
wew

You must also think CoD is the best game ever then. No wait it's candy crush isn't it.

I feel like girls were cuter back then too

I just love the way old anime looks. There is a lot more detail and the fine lines stand out so much.

But my only gripe is the writing, some stories no matter how nice the animation, seemed to be all over the place

Well, 0079 is better than any Gundam that came after it.

I miss 70s MotW mecha anime.
I feel like animated super robots as a whole peaked with Voltes V

I totally agree about the art-style, and the story bit to a moderate extent (but that's hardly as important when you consider that a lot of ideas were being thrown around back then).

I mean holy crap things just looked so much more detailed in a lot of the better shows. Frames had more things in them and are on their own much more interesting to look at than in a lot of popular modern shows. I don't know why this was but if I had to wager it was the lack of digital templates perhaps.

Regardless modern character models also by by and large seem a bit copy-pasted. I just loved Sadamoto's character designs and the outfits of a lot of characters in popular pre-2000 shows just seemed more life-like and fleshed out.

I fucking hate those.

>But my only gripe is the writing, some stories no matter how nice the animation, seemed to be all over the place
This seemed to happen a lot when animators, who were part of the first generation to grow up as otaku going to work in anime, got to sit in the director's chair.
They made a lot of OVAs that had great style, slick animation and were a lot of fun to watch.
They just had pretty shitty or generic at best stories because the animators knew animation, not story structure.

>I don't know why this was but if I had to wager it was the lack of digital templates perhaps.
What do you mean by that? Things are still drawn from scratch these days.

>upside down
>hair defying gravity
Nice "sakuga" retards

>muh realism

Yes.

Oh yeah. And pre-2000 live-action movies and series. And music.

Tell me Angel Cop isn't enjoyable and I'll call you a liar

Angel Cop isn't enjoyable.

Why would you do that, user? Just go on the internet and tell lies like that?
youtube.com/watch?v=bVpwJbLLivU

Liar.

its enjoyabnle cause its the single worst anime ive watched, never have i seen a show just go full throttle on the retard button and keep getting more and more batshit insane as it went on. Its fucking hysterical and i highly recommend it for people who want something to crack a few beers and watch with friends

Is this the retro anime thread?
Anyways I just finished watching pic related. Anyone else watched it? It's hard to find discussion of this show anywhere because it's so obscure.

space captain tylor had a great climax that I still get goosebumps from when I rewatch it

>people worship things out of nostalgia
Welcome to the Internet

Jesus, I thought Japanese law didn't let you show shit that graphic.

My fucking sides, source?

Yes, someone of us grew up on 80s/90s anime and then there are poor souls like you OP.

OVAs were never bound by television decency laws.

I remember seeing it at a Blockbusters decades ago and thinking the title was weird. Is it actually worth bothering with?

I am intrigued. Source?

I really like hxh 99

You think that's graphic? Well you've never seen a Japanese vagina or penis. Pray you'll never see the Lovecraftian horrors beneath those protective mosaics.

Look at the post it's quoting.