Gave DNA to FBI

They told me to check in here

What site did you use?

this is 23andme

How much did it cost?

99 is el cheapo version, but there is the 200 dollar one that also tells you medical stuff. If you just want to know the breakdown like posted, el cheapo will work

Nahh I just want the ancestry shit.

These services are only guesstimates. They're more accurate for finding relatives than populations. They're more accurate with parents/grandparents/great grandparents than you, because distinct chains of DNA get broken up. (Having them test will improve your data quality).

There are a lot of assumptions though, and every site has a different breakdown by a different "estimated" model, so unless it's 100% wrong from what you expected there's a lot of room for error.

here
and ancestrydna
notice the degree of difference between this and 23andme

these guesstimates will get better with more people doing the tests.

>are only guesstimates
That's because you are disappointed with your race treasonous shit bloodline

Cool. The NSA will now coerce you into the Blacked Program. Have fun sucking nigger cock.

Not really. It's just the ranges of what DNA is classified as is so wide that it's almost useless as a reference.

This is what I figured. They don't actually know shit.

>American, Balkan, Greece and Italian
>no fucking way I might have had nigger or west asian turk ancestors guys!

These were my thoughts

The ranges are so wide that it's impossible to say. It's dependent on models which are proprietary and vary widely between the groups who calculate them.

The main way they try to feed the algorithm is by what users self report their grandparents as, and then churn that to try to find DNA that is distinct between regions.

Point being, these DNA tests are more for novelty than any precise purpose.

What kind of accuracy is saying 0-6% confidence for Middle eastern DNA or 13-30% for Finnish/Northwest Russian DNA? In addition to the huge areas, it's basically saying you are making HUGE guesses.

They don't have the dataset to distinguish.

At least AncestryDNA admits this in the ranges while 23andme pretends it's a science.

I gave no information to 23andme beyond my dna sample. Findings are consistent with research my woman and I have done on my family history.

The models seem pretty close.

23andme hides the accuracy of their guesses in "Broadly European" and "Broadly Southern European", "Broadly Northwestern European", etc. which allows them to hide a lot of the uncertainty.

Another possibility is if that if you had relatives that truly stayed confined into their areas and intermarried less, the DNA is more distinct and regional. I know that in the Nordic countries the accuracy is often better for this reason.

Why are they pushing so many genetic testing commercials on CNN and FoxNews?

I'm ethnically Russian and got 68% Northwest Russia, 32% Scandinavia. Seems accurate to me

Profit

how exactly is it hiding their uncertainty if they say they are uncertain?

The "low certainty" is honest but the percentages on the regions not marked that requires a click through to see that. Most people interpret it as precise on the face numbers, especially given the marketing.

Just send in a swab with shit on it, desu.

Congratulations you're a potato nigger