/AHSG/ - Basse Terre about to get hit edition

PASTEBIN
========

notehub.org/b1v5b

Current imagery:
rammb-slider.cira.colostate.edu/?sat=goes-16&sec=full_disk&x=16651&y=7678.5&z=5&im=36&ts=1&st=0&et=0&speed=90&motion=loop&map=1&lat=0&p[0]=13&opacity[0]=1&hidden[0]=0&pause=20170918230039&slider=-1&hide_controls=0&mouse_draw=0&s=rammb-slider

RUNDOWN
========
>Maria strengthens to a category 3 hurricane
>120 mph, movement NW at 10 mph
>Lesser Antilles currently being hit
>Models could show both hurricanes Jose and Maria to meet at one point
>Hispanola and Puerto Rico should be wrapping up preparations
>SC and NC should start preparing

INSTEAD OF ASKING "AM I GONNA DIE",
OPEN THE LINK BELOW AND CLICK ON YOUR
AREA ON THE MAP
==================================
weather.gov/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QIKUKJuOsVw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer
twitter.com/Prefet971/status/910013471059824640
nature.com/articles/nclimate2646.epdf
youtube.com/watch?v=GC_mV1IpjWA
rammb-slider.cira.colostate.edu/?sat=goes-16&sec=full_disk&x=16510&y=7464.5&z=3&im=60&ts=4&st=0&et=0&speed=60&motion=loop&map=1&lat=0&p[0]=15&opacity[0]=1&hidden[0]=0&pause=0&slider=-1&hide_controls=0&mouse_draw=0&s=rammb-slider
twitter.com/Prefet971/status/910031516746514432
arstechnica.com/science/2017/08/china-built-the-worlds-largest-telescope-but-has-no-one-to-run-it/
astronomynow.com/2016/08/23/worlds-biggest-telescope-meets-second-fastest-supercomputer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>climate change is a my-

update the op is a fuckin cat five

also dominica is kill and RIP guacamole dude

Guadeloupe brah getting absolutely slammed.

Rip brah.

Thread was suddenly page 10 and had no time to update.

Stay safe Dominca bro.

GOOD BYE BEANERS

Looks like Maris regained some symmetry.

For the anons who asked last thread
youtu.be/QIKUKJuOsVw

Is your house concrete or wood?

Good luck and save battery. Heck I wouldn't even turn on your phone unless you know for sure you'll get service.

LET THE FIRES RISE

Glad you're still around. Sounds ominous lad.

You're fucked, dude. Also what movie is on in the background?

We asked you to go outside

Also I would save any kind of maps and random ass info before cell towers get btfo.

You will probably be fine though, since you are here.

Nah that was just you and the other edgemaster.

ok i won't talk shit anymore, what is your house made of? make sure to post when it gets real fuckin silly outside i wanna hear that shit

We don't have enough evidence to support or refute the theory that this year has been a worse year for hurricanes because of climate change. Even (((climate scientists))) say this.

I betting it's a shack. Half of the walls are probably gone

>look its snowing! so much for global warming

this is you

>Even (((climate scientists))) say this.
No, they don't. Most scientists agree global climate change is a thing and it's a better use of tax dollars than going into the private hands of Trump's corrupt friends.

Okay, who invited Leddit?

xD

You are an idiot. The only people saying these hurricanes are the result of climate change are dumbass politicians and activists, no meteorologist or climate scientist says this because we don't have enough evidence. Is it likely to be related? maybe, but we dont know for sure.

>climate scientist
>know anything about economics

Fuck off shill.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer

read up fagboi

100% of scientists agree the climate changes but nobody agrees on the extent. Give numbers.

Renewable energy should be pursued simply because it means energy independence. Humans are changing the planet. Get over it.

It's now a Category 5, Island Dominica is kill.

Looks like it wobbled a bit south and has spared dominica for the most part.

Euro 00z

It went right through it dude

72hr

96hr

Whoops I meant guadeloupe. Vieux Fort got rekt but the rest of it will be spared.

reee go north

fuck off with more of this shit

god damnit jose

Bump. God damn are there going to be any Costa Rica anons still alive after this one?

The forecasted ridge over the eastern us is what we need to watch closely. if it is stronger than forecasted it should push her more out to sea, if it is weaker then she could definitely take a more western track than predicted.

twitter.com/Prefet971/status/910013471059824640

AWW SHIT GUADANON GET READY

Looks a little windy.

Not a good time to hang your clothes on the clothesline?

Do any models have it making landfall on CONUS.

holy shit
stay safe guadeloupe bro

>tfw no waifu summoning circle

Good to know. By the way, please update your info next time you start a new hurricane thread

The guy who did the Irma threads was pretty solid

Maria will land in the US on 9/23- the Day of Kek's Wrath, and the beginning of the Rapture

Nah they have it staying out to sea currently but that is trusting the GFS and ECMWF out 100+ hours which is incredibly stupid so I wouldn't rule anything out.

CATEGORY 5 BACK ON THE MENU BOYS

The NOAA and the NHC are exaggerating everything. This is Cat 3/4. Every storm to them is now Cat 5 with 200mph wind and 930mb.

>Imagine them spinning wildly in the winds

nature.com/articles/nclimate2646.epdf

>We calculate an average increase in globaltropical cyclone intensity of 1.3 m s−1over the past 30 yearsof ocean warming occurring at the expense of 6.1 tropicalcyclones worldwide

haha better keep ignoring it fuck keep the planet habitable am i right! MAGA

No one cares loser.

Either you deal with hurricanes or we were heading for an ice age. You should be thankful for [CO2]?

death cometh

Bye Bye Puerto Rico faggots back into the ocean where you came from , be done with it .

I really wish it hit New York

We were heading for an ice age in 20,000 years
The impacts of AGW are now, and will get worse and worse because of idiots like you and Trump refusing to admit the problem

Will it hit the US or they just don't know it yet?

You wouldnt.
Charge your battery when you can

Hot Latina Maria has only begun her feast on dead nigger blood. Puerto Rico is next BABY !

youtube.com/watch?v=GC_mV1IpjWA

You know that you love us && will miss us big papi

I won't miss Despacito, maybe plantains though.

Just curious what are you guys are even famous for?

I admit the globe is warming and there’s nothing wrong with it.

Yeah it's going straight for PR.

me too, i want to get out of work for a week.

Yeah EURO has it hitting PR and it just took a more westerly track for the last hour.

What does it mean if it goes West? Does that change its path a huge amount?

Can you link me bro?

Economic wise? Pharmaceuticals.

Music, winning Miss Universe, platains, best telescope in the world, coffee, Lin Manuel Miranda and denbts

Just looking at the satellite imagery it seems inevitable it'll hit PR. It's been on that path for the last 2 days.

rammb-slider.cira.colostate.edu/?sat=goes-16&sec=full_disk&x=16510&y=7464.5&z=3&im=60&ts=4&st=0&et=0&speed=60&motion=loop&map=1&lat=0&p[0]=15&opacity[0]=1&hidden[0]=0&pause=0&slider=-1&hide_controls=0&mouse_draw=0&s=rammb-slider

twitter.com/Prefet971/status/910031516746514432

>/we horizontal now/

Oh and sports too i guess

are you sure about the Best telescope part?

Considering how ancient that thing is, it's still beating every other modern telescope in the world. So the statement is correct, however it's not the most potent telescope in existence.

radio telescopes similar to areceibo are practically useless since they can't really be aimed except by a few degrees at best. There was an article last month about how the chinese just built a bigger one and nobody wants the job as director of the facility because the astronomy community dgaf.

Is there some valuable OC on Maria-chan ?

arstechnica.com/science/2017/08/china-built-the-worlds-largest-telescope-but-has-no-one-to-run-it/

>But has no one to run it
Kek, communism at its best

Aren't the dish radio telescopes obsolete now that there are continent wide radio telescopes interpreted by supercomputer? Like the step above radio interferometry.

This is kinda what I was referencing. Been a while since I read about it though and it's not built yet.
astronomynow.com/2016/08/23/worlds-biggest-telescope-meets-second-fastest-supercomputer/

Despacito Despacito !
Mohito Mohito !
Burrito Burrito !

Hurricanes down in Puerto Ricooooh!

West all the way into the gulf of Mexico! Katrina round 2 please.

Fugg, is Puerto Rico gonna get heem'd?

>another fucking huge hurricane
Holy shit I thought it was over after Irma

Irma wasn't shit, Maria shows great promise. Punched it from a 3 to 5 in under a few hours.

We gonna get a hypercane?

Please come to Florida Maria-chan.
I have a few trees and shingles left for you that Irma didn't get if you want them.

So do we know anything about the damages yet?
Man I'd like to see pics of Barbuda. Irma,Jose and now Maria.
There's probably nothing there, not even rubble.

OP's thread descriptions have been misleading because he keeps forgetting to tell everyone she's Cat 5. Hypercane will depend on if she continues picking up speed or if she merges with Jose (if Jose is still there at that time). In any case her eye wall is a lot more focused than Irmas was.

>In any case her eye wall is a lot more focused than Irmas was
Ignorantfag here, does that mean more powerful?

Island is literally empty, no one lives there anymore.

I'm so glad everything is predicted Maria will hit this shithole called MD.