The Maker Movement is anti civilization

The Maker Movement is anti civilization
The Make Movement- a movement where people use their free time to work outside
their profession- is a continuation of societal collapse.

Civilization exists because we rely on each other's specialization.

The Maker Movement is people thinking that they can do their hobbies better than others can do their jobs.

Just do your fucking job.

Other urls found in this thread:

globaleventmap.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Weak b8

This is now a DIY project thread. What have you been working on in your spare time Sup Forums?

Ive been developing my own 3d printed photography accessories

Feels good man

>This is now a DIY project thread. What have you been working on in your spare time Sup Forums?
No one cares.

Op is a faggot

I've been trying to write a circuit simulator that is not dependent on time. Hope fully one day I'll have it optimized enough to simulate a CPU or something.

Right now I re-wrote it to allow for self referential circuits, components where the output is fed back into the system. It's working pretty well.

been working on machine and learning and neural networks that will put mouth breathing idiots like OP out of work

What are you doing with it?

>Civilization exists because we rely on each other's specialization.

>“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”
>― Robert A. Heinlein

OP is a fucking worthless fool.

>globaleventmap.org
Fuck off Communist.

>let's all be like the chinks and just do one thing for 70 years

i'm using the game engine Unity to generate a large set of training images from 3d models at different angles and distances and occluded by other models for all kinds of every day items like shit at grocery stores, brand name stuff, furniture, clothing, etc and training NNs to make better pos systems so high schoolers and old folks wont be able to get jobs as cashiers anymore

I have been using my new 3D printer. Mostly to print parts to make the thing more functional, but today I'm trying my hand at printing up a joystick housing for old video games.

Been learning how to use a sewing machine. I mostly want to use it to make cosplay, but using it for fixing my own clothes or making my own clothing is nice too. I made an entire cosplay costume in a week, and for a first timer, it's pretty decent.

>Civilization exists because we rely on each other's specialization.
Communist drivel.

I only know what a capital m Maker is because of that chink slut with the huge fake tits

I'm making a large transparent container with some valuables at the bottom that traps the thief's arm when he reaches in to grab them. Plans were originally for blades on the opening that would slice the arm if they tried to pull it out but I was told it could be illegal to have it in my apartment

btw that bikini is 3D printed.

>being this fucking cuckolded

kys leaftard

Stirling engines for a radio controlled toy boat using hard drive pins and syringes as pistons

This sounds like feminism.

Are you male??

Where's the lie though???

Yes, I like being self sufficient, I also have my own vegetable garden and I'm good at cooking. Might sound like female activities, but being handy and able to solve all your own problems is the true redpill. I also like shooting guns, working on my bike, and doing woodworking.

Why do things that have already been done, when you can improve upon those already existing technologies. Don't reinvent the wheel, user.

Creating a Debian-powered Beowulf cluster.

Can you give me more details. What kind of accessories.

afaik this exact thing hasn't been done, most simulators run on ticks (discrete unit of time). Mine isn't dependent on time. It means that you don't have to reason about timing components to return an output at exactly the right time to be able to be used by other components. Inputs and outputs just sort of appear.

>Allowing anyone to contribute to civilization = being anti-civilization
This must be one of the most retarded OP I ever seen in Sup Forums, and that's saying a lot.

for fucksake, what is with you and this thread?