Does Pol like DnD?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gd3Y4o95ObU
google.com/shopping/product/423237050352374129?q=anime tabletop rpg book&biw=1264&bih=947&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjS5NzRrbHWAhXE4iYKHYDZBXUQ8gII8QIwAg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i play a paladin usually

Dark nigger Dicks?

Its alright, but I prefer V:tM

Get the fuck on my level, pleb.

T: Sun Monk

Prefer pathfinder, but yes.

I haven't played the WoD board game , interesting.

I like playing as a cleric.

We aren't naming things that are up your ass, Swede-cuck

There is a board game?

Nope, Im an adult with adult-things to do. Grow up. There is a time and a place for playing games. These days are not one of them.

member Sup Forums civ threads?

That all depends, what edition we talking? 3.5 master race checking in.

SJW spotted

I think he might just mean the tt.

Those were great.
I miss the risk threads too.
I wish Sup Forums wasn't so srs any more.

Yeah the tt oops.

>Pol
And yeah I usually play rouge

Nah, just what I learned. Friends and I tried 5e when it first came out, kinda fell out with it. Others were knew were playing pathfinder (which also had more content at the time). So we just jumped on that.

I prefer Myfarog.

what's a paladin?

Oh. I know there was a CCG and the PC game so I assumed there might be a board game too.

I really hate the new versions though I love the first edition of dark ages.
Caps >>>>>> Giovani (Literally wop kikes).
The back ground based on historical fiction really drew me in and made me want to learn more about history in general. I think this is the real edge over DnD. I like high fantasy some times but when you can relate to the story in a historic contexts I feel like it makes for better story telling.

Used to play pen & paper til vidya started doing a much better job of it.

Even a really good DM isn't as good as a well done video game. Problem is, those really good games are pretty rare... a good DM is much more rare than that.

>Risk
>Risk Europe
>Axis and Allies
>Pacific expansion
>Pericles
>Catan

I only played exalted
Couldnt make a support character wich is what i usually like because of team balance and also do to the fact that there arent really spells that let you heal companions in mid combat
So i became a really tanky knight with a self healing armor that can cure his allies by taking the damage upon himself with a lore charm that lets me do it in combat with that penalty

Can someone explain the appeal of D&D? Why not just play a video game?

Honestly, I'm too insecure to get together with a bunch of grown men and unironically pretend to be a character from an RPG game. I'd just feel too silly. It seems shameful.

I like gassing kikes

I was so sad when they canceled the WoD mmo

Why don't you come over to my house tomorrow and I'll show you my plus 1 mace.

I've lost all ability to determine sarcasm due to memes, so I'm going to answer this assuming you're genuine.

A paladin is class of defensive fighter who focuses more on supporting (healing and taking damage) rather than raw dps.

I remember us shaking our heads when 2nd edition came out... lost some good classes til the orient expansion. That shit was fucking awesome.

This is really why tt is falling out. A good DM is a really rare find and even then they play for a decade before they run a game.
The mix of players also matters though. The great fun only really starts when there is a good chemistry between both.
I think the ability to be more creative in both the story and player ability can never compete with a video game.

Never even knew that was a thing. I havent seen anything good come out of WW since 2002.
I guess it will be heaped next to the Project Vanburen mmo.

Had epic A&A sessions that lasted all night, many times. Still my favorite board game. Guess who was the nazis, every time? I didn't make the same mistaked Hitler did either.

I used to run a couple of the risk threads, holy shit was that a time.

Flexibility mostly. Most vidya goes along a set path. Even most rpgs, though you can select a class and traits, have the same story line with maybe a few minor differences. GMs can change games at a moments notice and provide more character specific interaction.

I like the Dragon's D, if you catch my drift...

>He doesn't develop comraderie with his countrymen through playing board games which emphasize the tactical and thinking things through
>He doesn't enhance his ability to judge a situation and develop leadership skills

no

Exalted always seems really contrived to me. The system wasnt bad but it felt like it really moved towards rules demon-ing then letting the player freedom rule like Mage.

I think im going to look through the archives and find some Civ threads and try to run another. The newfag influx is slowing and it would be a good time to bring some back.

Cringiest thing of all time

>Tfw when plow through and take suez
>Tfw Hitler was a terrible leader

Yessir yessir. Need to come up with 5 monk laws

Around elves watch yourselves

it's a rare thing to find good people to play with. there is nothing like friends you actually like, a good dm, a very creative story. i played for many years. there is a lot of potential downside- the typical worst stereotypes are real. i got inspired when i read about how certain writers used early versions of table top-type gaming to come up with some of the most creative fiction ever written

Hey, user. You're not playing that satanic game, are you?

I agree that everyone being together and the dynamics of a tt game are more memorable, but the scale, ease of use, and a broader appeal of vidya has something to it, too.

Dragons dogma???

I play FATAL

Nigga I wanna play SHADOWRUN

accomplish stealth missions with espionage and sabatoge through hacking, subterfuge and magic.

Goliath Rogue, using short swords as daggers and tanking with Stones Endurance

I wouldnt be able to tell, is my first and only role game at the moment
Still having alot of fun tho

Yeah, but my mates hate me for trying to kill all non-humans.

Some buddies and I took a vacation day yesterday and did a ton of hours of dungeon crawling. Going to do worlds largest dungeon on fridays without a dm. We think we have it worked out to not be too cheaty or problematic with a combination of banked roles for events that might happen as we go into further rooms, using the pixies in the book to deter from high level areas, and using the augury spell to tell If good idea.

We have a dm but he is a fag so now we play without.

you just got memed.

its a pretty fun game to play, but it's not for anyone. I like it. My friend actually created his own star-wars DnD set in-between the events of Order 66 and the third film, which was amazing.

Elves are pretty much forest jews

Kek

It's OK but needs catgirls to be accepted as canon

I'm a nerd but wasn't nerdy enough to enjoy this. :^(

Song of Swords is cooler honestly.

I played as a cleric last time. I had one level of warrior to get the defensive bonus using a shield and weapon, and I went human and took the finesse trait and used a rapier.

Tanking and healing for days.

Played 4E for a spell. I have more fun painting miniatures as a hobby.
I want to try Paranoia but no FLGS around has any copies of the core rule book. To those who don't know, Paranoia is a role playing game where the players are workers in an underground facility holding the remnants of America after WW3. The players are tossed into a game of subterfuge and backstabbing while taking orders from the omnipresent a.i. super computer "Friend Computer" whom which heavily influenced the character GLADOS from Portal. You need to accomplish missions under orders from the computer while rooting out supposed Commie terrorists, mutants, and anyone whom might pose a threat to the sanctity of the facility. It's a humor heavy game which tends to end in the entire party meeting their demise (in a good game that is).

Eleves are for handholding.

Yeah, but look at most massive multi player games and they usually just end up with fuck up the new guy and get his shit. In tt you learn quick that more than 4 players make for utter chaos.

Its not bad but I would check in to some of the OWoD stuff if you like it. Vampire Warewolf and and Mage are all great.
Vampire is really good if you like a more social and gritty game with some low magic aspecs.
Mage is like DnD on crack. players can make entire self sustaining universes at will. Its what absolute freedom for the player in a game is like.
All are fun in their own way.

Having a warrior/mage hybrid isn't a dream in DnD. Locking mages in an anti-magic bubble while you hit their faces or flying above warriors and into the archer formations are great methods to make your opponents look like fools without having to rely on team mates.
It's a shame most of the vidya waste the potential of mages generally locking them out of the good movement spells so the combination isn't nearly as strong. Some of them don't even include true strike and critical hit making the combination utterly pointless.

Of fucking course Sup Forums likes DnD.

It's one of the most fucked up things you can do.

>pic related
Find some proper guys to play with and you can go do Orc Holocauster

Evil cleric?

D&D>Videogames>books>movies>tvshows>>>(((comics)))

Seriously D&D is the best time I've had in a while, it's fun and social and tactical.

Elves are based on the Roman view of the Germanic peoples.

You know, even as a really young kid I remember learning about WW2 and actually being pissed at Hitler... for doing the dumb things he did as a commander. If he had just pressed the attack in Dunkirk, stuck to military targets in the Battle of Britain after his mercy was rejected there, and for God's sake, held the fucking non aggression pact a little longer with Russia, he would've won.

I was legit pissed at how stupid he was... never understood why either, til later in life.

Anyone who doesn't is a normie.

>t. Spell Sword

Goodly cleric. A bit of a dummy, but with a good heart.

Duke Lion the cleric.

>when you have the softcover, hardcover, and VHS movie of this piece of shit that launched Tom Hank's career

I always choose Astomoi rogue

I absolutely love it. It's a core part of my identity as it has functioned as my transition into a leader.

I'm a forever DM, but that's fine as it gives me a chance to guide my community. I use the game as a way to bind friend groups, facilitate team building exercises, and as a chance to disseminate wisdom and a higher ideal. This normally involves rather masculine virtues, which our society is so devoid of, so the team is generally pretty excited and interested to explore new but institinctual ideas.

Dnd is a great game; if someone offers for you to join their group, do it. That said playing by the actual rules sucks dick and should be avoided unless your group literally has no imagination.

I'm thirty now. I couldn't find any D&D circles now if I tried

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gd3Y4o95ObU

ok
google.com/shopping/product/423237050352374129?q=anime tabletop rpg book&biw=1264&bih=947&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjS5NzRrbHWAhXE4iYKHYDZBXUQ8gII8QIwAg

No one ever plays paladin in my group. Everyone always wants to be a snow flake "half elf ranger".

In a group of 8, I have 3 of them. All the same personality. It's a joke.

Heil Helligritterfuhrer

I never play on pvp servers in any mmo. Tried it in EQ once & I'll never do it again... except SWG... that was actually fun when you were a decked out mindshot BH, pretty much the only counter to a rebel commando in the early days. This is strictly pre CU SWG, mind you.

We also managed to keep a pretty tight game with 6 players, too. It was a mess at first, but we got into a really decent groove after a few games.

EQ!!!!! Latest progression server is on kunark right now.

It's going to lock at planes of power.

Yes, and I've been using the plot of my current game to instill conservative values in my players. Only my gf has realized it so far whereas most of the players are berniebros who are slowly realizing what happens when you have unvetted orc immigration and state-mandated wealth redistribution in the form of taxing high-return adventurers (unless of course they belong to the adventuring union, in that case they get to be dogs of the state).

the players have slowly gone from "we can't kill these orcs, they're just looking for a better life", to "why the fuck does the king keep letting orcs in, we've already had 3 attacks this week."

Furry spotted

AD&D 1e master race.

I've played every edition besides base 3rd ed (not 3.5) and 1e AD&D still takes the cake.

I liked progression servers when I last played them. I liked tweeking a private server even better and playing solo. Gave me far more opportunities to progress as a monk than I could ever get on live servers. Last time I played, the emu community was up to SoV, which was a good spot. AA's and perks were just right.

And I didn't cheat myself, either, on a private server. I did add vendors for all the super grindy stuff, but kept the challenge and gear where it belonged.

lol

If you're playing by the rules, it's solely from the in person social factor. If you develop the game to tailor suit the group as the game progresses, then you're creating a unique experience for your players that challenges and engages them on a personal level.

Imagine a video game that is made precisely for you.

Wait, since when is Pathfinder the furry TTRPG?

Cool I play on p99 sometimes, and I played on shards of dalaya and PEQ emu servers.

I had the same problem, playing under pathfinder rules. Ran a campaign as a DM, 3 out of 5 players wanted to be a special snowflake characters (think half-tiefling half-dark elf arcanist), despite playing in a Greyhawk type setting.

All of the fuckers got lynched by the local militia in the first major town they walked into.

Started a new campaign with someone else as a DM (same group minus the worst one), and the two remaining fuckers were scornful that I was playing a human (gasp!) mage, specializing in enchantment (did you know transmuters are more powerful?!). What happened to straight role-playing a character and not powergaming?

Watch PantheistHeathen on twitch - he plays on Agnarr the new progression server.

Listens to metal and has a long braided beard.

He's probably streaming now.

Time to start having them have run ins with the state military trying to defend the orcs.

In addition to It's a video game made specifically for you and running on your own imaginiation.

A skilled DM will only describe what is necessary and leave you to build your own personal picture of every character and place.

And that means no shitty pandering.
No orcs fighting for the Anti-Orc Crusades, because some bitch complained that it's discrimination to not include orcs, dwarves, Elves and Goblins in the Human-Only holy city.

1ed really has a feel to it that is hard to beat. Its simple but really open and has a solid world building mechanic.

Also, I remembered this: Sup Forums, the table top

Cheeky, user...

yes

btw the lawful-chaotic axis is master morality, good-evil axis is slave morality

I've been known to roll some dice.

I did something like this in V:tm where the players if working with the NPC would force the US in to WW2 on the Nazi side to progress the advancement of lower generations to fight Antediluvian that were controlling the allied powers.
Joke was on them though, they died either way.

Video game culture has developed away from an enlightened enjoyment of games into a cancerous "Im smart if I know how to be the strongest" focus. You see this with speed running. It's not about playing the game as the creator intended, it's about minmaxing and power gaming so you can feel important and adept at something in your otherwise weak and shallow life.

People who min-max in dnd are the lowest scum of the earth. They cannot possibly conceive that a game is meant to be played as a group to have a fun and unique experience, they only see rules that they can manipulate.