I fucking hate the American education system

Why do I have to learn about some fucking hurricane that happened in a city I don't live in over 100 motherfucking years ago, all over the course of at least a damn week?
Why do I have to learn how to count how many yams some crazy bastard bought at a grocery store and then convert it into an equation?
Why do I have to learn "WYPIPO DI SLAVRY AN ISS BAD" YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR IN EXCRUCIATING DETAIL
WHY AM I TAUGHT ONLY ABOUT 9 FUCKING COUNTRIES IN WW2 AND HOW "OY VEY WHITE PEOPLE DID THE SHOAH" IN EXCRUCIATING DETAIL, BUT NOT ANYTHING ABOUT THE NORTH AFRICA CAMPAIGNS, NEO-COLONIALISM IN INDIA AND SINGAPORE, SOUTH AMERICA'S ROLE IN WW2, OR EVEN ANY ACTUAL DETAILS ABOUT THE FUCKING WAR?
Why do I have to make a fake social media post about "#TrenchFoot" for a grade?
Why am I not taught about relevant laws, how to do my taxes, or anything at all that will ever be useful?
"Burger education" isn't a meme, and it isn't exaggerated
I fucking hate this country

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8xe6nLVXEC0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

then dont go to fucking school you faggot
also those gears wouldnt work

That's the fucking joke you humorless Kraut
And by law you're required to for over a decade of your life

lmao those fucking gears
>the absolute state of american education

tsk tsk. teachers expecting parents to pick up their slack is where all the problems start. parents pay school taxes. there. thats the help. teachers sbould be teaching, but they want parents to also be teachers too. the teacher cog is broke as fuck. you only need a 4 year degree to teach

the configuration of those gears is surprisingly accurate.

I didn't even know Mongolia, nor Estonia, were actual countries that existed
I literally learned more from shit posting here then in school

then dont live in commiefornia im pretty sure half your states dont require that

No, they fucking do

>Why am I not taught about relevant laws, how to do my taxes, or anything at all that will ever be useful?
This is the only thing worth actually getting upset over. Some of those are worthy of studying in depth - the history of the slave system and the civil rights movement has far more impact on our society today than Germany's exploits in North Africa. Also if you go to a non-shit tier public school, AP history courses will take care of many of the deficits you refer to.

Civics or personal finance should be a required course though. Maybe swap that for "health" since school districts don't seem interested in teaching that properly anyway.

>Why do I have to learn about some fucking hurricane that happened in a city I don't live in over 100 motherfucking years ago
You're learning about history.
>Why do I have to learn how to count how many yams some crazy bastard bought at a grocery store and then convert it into an equation?
You're learning math.

All your other points are good.

Jesus that pic triggers the engineer in me

Murican education is nothing compared to european education. Murica is a dumbed-down SCUM.

While most countries have better education than burgerland, we don't really learn anything useful either.
I was smart enough to pick a trade in school instead of "general education", and now I'm going to uni in a completely unrelated field because I need a bachelor to be illegible for an H1B visa.
kinda related youtube.com/watch?v=8xe6nLVXEC0

Maybe you guys got lucky
DID YOU EVER HAVE TO MAKE YOUR OWN HOLOCAUST OC IN FUCKING READING CLASS?

>all the parts are working
>that gear configuratulion
I'm so mad.

>those gears wouldnt work

Obviously, you're not familiar with the magic of communism. Those gears are perfect example of what happens when everyone is 'the boss'.

At least you have legal gifted education instead of just a glorified daycare, you lazy dumb fuck.

At least our niggers go to jail when they rape women

>tfw you spent a.whole class talking about the JFK conspiracy during American History in your junior year
>tfw you were told to draw your own conclusions about what happened
>tfw you read A Clockwork Orange and give a presentation on it
>tfw private school
>tfw no propaganda

The American education system is fucked up beyond all recognition. The standards and practices held for millennia used to preserve knowledge have been eliminated. Democracy has been manipulated to elect School Board Members with no interest in educating children, mostly for cost cutting purposes. In response to the lack of funds schools have had to turn to under-qualified individuals to staff increasingly overcrowded classes. Less attention to the student and fewer correct answers to their questions means knowledge fails to cross the generation gap. This has been happening for decades. We think that we're all smarter because of the ubiquitous nature of technology and the ease of access to facts but complex reasoning skills and how information is acquired is completely absent in the American education. Some would say that this makes for a better working population because they are only learning career oriented skills but even that has been eroded. We've lost so much about how to act like civilians that interviews, police/government interactions and taxes have become impossible to deal with for the layman. If you ever wanted to know how an empire falls look first to the education system because there belies the future.

I know, right?
People make fun of that picture, but in reality there's nothing wrong with it.

>Tfw born and grew up in Bongistan
>Selective Grammar school secondary
>History teacher was a happy monk of a man, taught us the glory of the British Empire and the industrial revolution, the achievements of our people, beating the french etc
>Left school very proud to be English, left the country a few years later and now look back on it with sadness
Leaving school and realizing I was used to being surrounded by smart, capable, happy people and that most people aren't anywhere near that was depressing

>People make fun of that picture, but in reality there's nothing wrong with it.

exactly, because the gears literally can't turn in that configuration.

So it describes the absolute state of education quite accurately.