Will we ever get a Dragon Ball arc as good as this again?

Will we ever get a Dragon Ball arc as good as this again?

We did, it was the arc right after that one.

>no Grand Elder in the back

You mean the Freeza arc?

23rd Budokai > Buu > Android/Cell > Piccolo Daimao = Freeza > Saiyan > 22nd Budokai > 21st Budokai > Pilaf > Red Ribbon Army

>Android/Cell that high

Kill yourself.

never

Freeza sucks

Freeza was great until Future Trunks.
Future Trunks ruined everything.

What do you expect? He came from a ruined future.

I FUCKING HATE VEGETA

Why is Zarbon's head so tiny

All i've ever wanted was a Ginyu force back story movie ocean dub. I'll die happy if I can get this

Why is your dick so tiny?

I'd settle for some actual story and some tension. The stakes of DBZ have never been lower than in Super, it's so mind-numbingly boring.

I expect big things from the future trunks saga coming up soon.

You really shouldn't.

Anyone who doesn't have shit taste will say that the Namek/Freeza arc was by far the best arc in DBZ, but that 23rd Budokai was the best arc overall.

Androids were boring as fuck and the SSJ concept was ruined.

>but that 23rd Budokai was the best arc overall.

Wasn't even the best arc in the original Dragon Ball.

Objective rankings:
Namek>Red Ribbon>Saiyan Saga>Piccolo Daimao>Android>22nd Budokai>23rd Budokai>21st Budokai>Buu>Pilaf

>Androids were boring as fuck and the SSJ concept was ruined.
It was the best end to the series. Buu saga ruined the SSJ concept.

If SSJ3 did not exist, nothing would have changed. Buu would have still be revived. Goku and Vegeta's battle would have meaning. Buu would still be overwhelming powerful and pretty much impossible to kill. Being an Ascended Super Saiyan would actually have meaning.

SSJ3 was cool, shut up.

Yes, it was called the Cell arc.

user. SSJ3 literally did nothing outside of muddying the waters.

>muddying the waters.
what

>unironically thinking the Cell arc was good

Kill yourself.

I agree on Namek/Freeza but disagree on the 23rd Budokai.

As much as I like Piccolo, the 23rd Budokai was pretty underwhelming.

I respect your opinion, but I thought the 22nd Budokai was much better.

>I respect your opinion

Just where do you think you are?

If were adding DB Sagas then fuck, throw Fortuneteller Baba Saga on there.

Why is it bad? I think that Future Trunk's appearance was terrible but what wrong with the arc in general?

>but I thought the 22nd Budokai was much better.

Why? The arc was just basically introducing Tien as a character before being interrupted and forgotten by Daimou Piccolo Krillin murder tragedy.

It was as developmental to the plot like 21st and 23rd was.

Someone else will give you the greentext list of everything wrong with the arc. I'm too lazy right now.

>random cyborgs being stronger than Freeza
>Future Trunks is literally fanfiction-tier
>uses the idiot ball trope way too much to advance the plot
>Kamiccolo amounts to nothing
>little to no humor
>mostly lackluster fights
>arc can't decide who the main villain is
>all of the villains are boring overall
>Gohan being out of character while fighting Cell as a SSJ
>SSJ2 Gohan vs Cell being a piss poor and anticlimactic fight

Need I go on?

Namek was great up until Goku's arrival. There was a sense of desperation with the characters working together for survival. It felt dynamic. But of course no one accomplishes much of anything, and Goku is the one that has to take care of everything. Piccolo has some great poignant moment with returning home and even adding the power of a fellow Namekian to his own, but he gets dropped unceremoniously by Frieza just a few chapters later.

Toriyama never seemed to know what to do with characters. The only main character who was handled well on Namek aside to Goku was Vegeta, but even his arc is shat on by being revived later.

I don't know what pisses me off more. How much fanfaction-tier Trunks was or the fact Trunks deliberately ignored Kid Gohan even though he was basically a pseudo-father.

His whole arc was just a shitty attempt to give Vegeta redemption as a character.

Watching now. Majin buu saga > all.

Vegeta must have gotten taller as the series progressed.

>random cyborgs being stronger than Freeza
This was a result of Gero spying on Goku since the RR arc. Cell also is made out of the different fighter's capabilities which explains why he is so strong.

>Future Trunks is literally fanfiction-tier
Agreed

>uses the idiot ball trope way too much to advance the plot
Aside from Vegeta wanting Cell to be perfect, where else is this shown?

>Kamiccolo amounts to nothing
He fought 17 on equal footing

>little to no humor
Hercule and father-son moments

>arc can't decide who the main villain is
Initially 17 and 18 but shifts to Cell, not a big deal.

>all of the villains are boring overall
Androids were nice twist villains from their under utilization in DB. Cell's power hungry attitude was interesting.

>Gohan being out of character while fighting Cell as a SSJ
How?

>SSJ2 Gohan vs Cell being a piss poor and anticlimactic fight
Literally just Gohan beating Cell with his fathers' help. Again, no issue.

>Namek was great up until Goku's arrival. There was a sense of desperation with the characters working together for survival.

This is such bullshit. Gohan and Krillin came to Namek believing they was strong enough to take on Freiza's force.
Vegeta came to Namek because he thought he was hot shit with his plans to outsmart Frieza and his entire army as a single person.

Neither of them had the intention of working together. The desperation didn't occur until AFTER Goku arrived and was incapitated. In fact, actually it was when Frieza personally arrived to kill them.

I meant more so "arrived to take care of everything." You're right that this actually happens twice though; I forgot about him being temporarily knocked out. But Namek is interesting when Goku isn't around. Like the Ginyu force. And then with Frieza, before Goku is fully healed. Or Gohan and Krillin running around in general. Anytime Goku was around and able to fight he pretty much took care of everything himself. I liked his fight with Frieza, but my point is that nearly everyone else was wasted.

>the fact Trunks deliberately ignored Kid Gohan
He was a different Gohan, and Trunks knew that. Just like how he didn't hate 17 and 18 of that timeline after Cell reveal, because he knew they didn't have bad intentions and weren't as vicious are the ones from his time.

This is the thing I'm missing the most from recent Dragon Ball . It always feels like even the characters don't actually care about what's going on.

It's because Toriyama doesn't care about what's going on.

shut the fuck up

Actually Gohan and Krillin didn't even know Frieza was on the planet. That's why they brought Bulma. They thought it'd be a peaceful journey to see some namekians.

Don't pretend to know what you're talking about.

Please be bait.

When has he ever?

It isn't.

>Being more offended about Android/Cell being that high than about Buu

>Gohan and Krillin came to Namek believing they was strong enough to take on Freiza's force.
No, Freezer wasn't supposed to be there. They shit themselves when they detect him and Vegeta.

>Neither of them had the intention of working together. The desperation didn't occur until AFTER Goku arrived and was incapitated
Gohan and Krillin were desperate since the beginning. Vegeta was a bit more optimistic, but they allied themselves to survive right after the Ginyu Force arrived on the planet.