Why are the Navy/World Government considered evil?

Why are the Navy/World Government considered evil?

because the pirates are the good guys

it's the "topple the organization in control of the world" trope that makes for a decent story

They do things like annihilating islands to cover up inconvenient facts. They protect Celestial Dragons who rape, kill, enslave and torture whoever they want.

Why do they defend and protect celestial dragons to the point where even hitting one is worthy of sending away the best of the best that they have to deal with it?

I mean it has to be more than simple blood ties to the ones who created the current system. It just doesn't seem to benefit anyone aside from the celestial dragons themselves.

nah

Even in the real world many people will bend the knee to those with authority

The alternative is a military coup and that is usually quite disastrous

Still it would make more sense to protect then if they had some hand in running things, but apparently that's left for the world government guys, who are above the navy, while the dragons get to enjoy a cozy lifestyle, doing nothing but pleasing themselves.

It's not like they're strong either, there is literally 0 benefit in keeping then alive from the looks of it.

Because they have a super weapon in Marie Jois.

>Justice and Peace by any means necessary
Ohara for example.
The Government nuked it cause they could read some ancient slabs. Granted it may have posed a potential threat, but goddamn.

>One Piece "ends"
>Editor wants to milk the cow even more
>New One Piece spin-off about Luffys son in the marine

>there is literally 0 benefit in keeping then alive from the looks of it.

Reverie.

Because genociding whole nations is evil.

>It's not like they're strong either, there is literally 0 benefit in keeping then alive from the looks of it.
We don't know how the World Government is appointed

If the Dragons have a role in that then it's order

It's about the Void Century

That's how the world government/celestial dragons came to power

I wonder what exactly is so bombastic about that information that would make the entire world go apeshit.

I mean if they rose to power through killing the old leaders or something, it's not really un-heard of, no one would exactly bat an eye either considering the dragons are ruthless shits who even enslave and torture/rape their slaves for fun.

If it's that much of a shocking truth that nobody can know about it, it has to have some shocking consequences from the Dragon's meddling that messed with the entire world as a result.

>the old leaders
there were no "old leaders"

The Celestial Dragons ruled individual kingdoms and then came together to form the World Government and live together

The secret is just that they used that ancient super weapon Neptulon/Pluton to commit genocide or cause so much damage they altered the Earth geography

different types of justice

some rule with iron fist under the guise of "protection", abuse of power

others are literally using it as an excuse to become a murderer, i.e. lucci dark justice

thankfully the equalizer are those who truly fights for liberty and safety and the people
but by default they antagonize luffy and his gangs, because they ARE still pirates, getting in the way of marines, taking in criminals like nico robin, acting as their own political force taking down shichibukai and so on and so forth, since they break the law for personal interest

meh

like some bits, hate others

Now that's one tasty theory!

It's outdated

e.g. the origin of the world nobles/celestial dragons

Also it's not a complete theory if it uses phrases like "secret organisation"

are you serious user? THIS i how you choose to start a thread? With a dumbass question that the author has spent 600+ chapters addressing? It should be obvious b now that the WG is a corrupt, despotic entity that has foed the masses into believing it is benevolent, but despite all that, there are a few good eggs in that rotten bunch that actually believe in true justice, law and order, like your pic related

you were probably fishing for a response like mine and you got it, so hooray for you, I guess

Because the CD's themselves are a means of controlling the population. Their very presence inspires fear, awe and a respect for authority; they are the living embodiments of the WG's overwhelming influence over the people of the nations they rule. Think about it this way; say you're a kid, and you grow up seeing the CD's strut around making people bow and capping fools left and right unopposed, with no one stopping them, and you learn that not only has the WG given them express permission to do this, they have also given them access to warships and a fucking admiral as a means of self defense. That'll get it through your skull pretty quick that the WG ain't nothin to fuck with, and that your human rights can be suspended on a whim if they felt like it.

Did he actually take her away after he capped the husband, and Zoro tried to kill him?

>They can take your wife away to get fucked by ugly shits and you can't do anything about it unless you want a the equivalent of nuke coming to kill your ass

Life in the one piece world is so full of suffering for normal people. Unless you live away from the places they usually visit.

Who are the real life equivalents of Celestial Dragons? And by that, I just mean people who would have substantial firepower sent to back them up if their safety was ever compromised in any way. I think our equivalents of CD's would be ambassadors and diplomats from wealthy first world nations and assholes like that Couch fuck who can claim they're to rich to know any better after committing manslaughter and breaking the law numerous times

the fucked up shit that guy probably does to his wives...he could be a serial murderer that makes them eat his feces and then has his guards strangle them whilst he jerks it, and the world would have absolutely no idea.

>"I'm Borffy, the man who is going to be Fleet Admiral of the Marines!"

Rothschilds/illuminati

He said he got tired of wives from 1 to 5, so i figure they aren't dead, but have to put up with anything he asks of then.

He told the bodyguard to make then all commoners again since he got tired of then.

>implying there'll be only one spinoff

bitch by the time this ride is over One piece will be big enough in Japan to spawn multimedia franchises; there'll be detective novels set in the OP world, cute slice of life dating sims set on an island in the OP world and maybe even an Avengers style series of standalone movies culminating in one big cashcow movie where all the characters from the solo movies come together to fight a big bad. One Piece will be a titanic franchise machine come 2030 or whenever the hell it finishes.

They should first of all get quality fighting games in the same vein as Naruto games.

Like it or not, Naruto had some fun as fuck games, meanwhile one piece gets mostly boring Dynasty Warriors clones.

>One Piece ends

Holy shit user where do you come up with this stuff?

oh...I guess they're not COMPLETE monsters then, just massively entitled assholes, murderers and slavers. You're right, none of them seem to actually be homicidally insane, with the excpetion of Doffy

This. I don't understand why the Navy and the WG haven't killed the Celestial Dragons in order to amass more power for themselves. People in power don't like sharing, and since the Celestial Dragons offer nothing and aren't strong, there's no reason to obey them.

>because the pirates are the good guys
Only some of the pirates.
99% of the pirates we see are murderous assholes that need to be stopped.

One Piece seems to focusing more trying to become action/adventure games since that's the appeal of the show

WG kill CDs
Admirals kill WG

Sakazuki feels like he'd want to do just that, he can't even give proper respect to the WG dudes, talking shit about then right in front of their faces.

>One Piece Super

Undermining authority to get more power is bad in the long term - because you've just shown everyone that the power structure is flexible enough if you got enough firepower, a fact common men will gladly forget to live lives of comformity. Compared to that, it's better to share the pie with them, as it's a big enough pie anyway.

Besides I don't know about the other former fleet admirals but the kind of people who rank up in the marines don't seem as much interested in worldly power as in upholding the ideal of Justice aka shitting on pirates. Sengoku and Akainu both fit pretty good.

All hail God-Emperor Emperor Sakazuki!

Agreed. One Piece will get its good games when the Nips are certain its popular in America. They're certain they've got the European audience and they know they've got fans in countries like Mexico and Brazil. But what they really need and care about is the American audience, thats where the big bucks are. They've been doing everything possible to expand the American audience for YEARS now, but so far they haven't been terribly successful. Hopefully sales of that new fighter and OP books get high enough so they feel safe enough to devote resources towards making a good game.

>Arena fighters
>Fun

It's still better than what we mostly get as far as one piece games go.

You have a point. They don't necessarily have to kill the CDs. They should keep them around, but only as figureheads with no real authority, just like nobles in the real world. It would greatly improve the WG and the Navy's image too.

Okay, I'll give you the Rothchilds, but c'mon user, the Illuminati isn't a thing

>They're certain they've got the European audience
They have France that's it but at least there it's more popular than Naruto

>No real authority

Fairly sure that wouldn't fly with then, and the people would figure something's wrong because they haven't haven't come to enslave people in forever.

Who cares what the CDs think? It's not like they can do anything about it since they have no power without the Navy or the WG backing them up.
And the people would be happy, and happy people are less likely to revolt against the WG and join the Revolutionaries, so it's win-win.

oh, and P.S.
It also doesn't help that many video game reviewers and magazines with large fanbases don't give video games based on popular anime the time of day, or that anime is still considered niche and kinda weird entertainment.

I still think there must be something else in play. I agree that it would benefit everyone in the long run, but i think there's probably something else that keeps then from taking away the CDs power.

Why is this so hard for you to accept?

Monarchies lasted for centuries all over the world

Japan is moving to mobile gaming and One Piece actually made a successful mobile game compared to rivals

Definetly, Doflamingo made it clear that he's only as powerful as he is because he knows the CDs "secret"

Willing to bet they have something that makes them difficult to deal with. A superweapon or something under their control, which is probably the national treasure that Donquixote was so interested in. Since it's supposed to allow world domination with the immortality granted by an Op Op fruit user, it's probably something that drains a user's life for some island destroying impact/effect. Only the highest up in the World Government know about this, and it's easier to let the Celestial Dragons do what they want and let them think you're on their side than make an enemy of them and risk total world war if it gets out that such a powerful thing exists.

Options are...
>Face CDs and lose a portion of the world in the process. Also you now have everyone in the world going after whatever their weapon is
or
>Listen to the CDs frivolous commands while enacting your own agenda parallel with theirs. Use navy to fight off pirates to instill goodwill in the people.

Yes, but the monarchs themselves eventually lost most of their power and became nothing but figureheads. Plus, monarchs needed the support of the people, the CDs are despised by everyone.

The different is at the end of the day Sengoku is a good man who just wants to make the world a better place but took it the wrong way and made things worse by leading both Ace and Whitebeard to their deaths and allowing Blackbeard to take his place as the new face of pirating.

Akainu/Sakazuki on the over hand is a prideful extremist savage who embodies Absolute Justice, willing to lie and cheat to achieve his own vision of justice and even attempt to kill Koby after he is called out. But at the end of the day he is just a extremely powerful attack dog of the world government even if himself is against the Celestial Dragons. I theorize that the Gorosei promoting Sakazuki as Fleet Admiral might be their greatest mistake yet.

Not everyone. There are the people who live in awe and fear of them like the people on the Archipelago and on Fishman Island, but there are also people who make big bucks off selling them shit like Disco and people who have no idea who they are like Luffy. Granted, neither of those parties have positive feelings towards the CD's, but yeah...

>who live in awe and fear of them like the people on the Archipelago and on Fishman Island
They don't live in fear of the CDs themselves, they live in fear of the Admirals and battleships.

I would actually like the idea of some higher ranking marines just waiting for a time to strike the CD down.

We see a lot of corruption in the lower ranks that abuse the civilian population but many higher ups are somewhat nice, so I could see a small group just doing that ad the majority of simple marines would probably welcome that aswell

Which other Pirate factions might have spies in the Marines? How big of a mindfuck would it be to find out that Borsalino was a spy for Big Mam? And do the Marines have plants in Yonko Pirate crews? Also, how come the Marines have yet to harness the considerable strength of the Minks?

It must be pretty difficult to infiltrate high level pirates at the command level. Corazon only managed because he was Doflamingo's brother.

>have yet to harness the considerable strength of the Minks?
They won't harness the Fishmen either. They let their racism override their common sense. At least they accept Giants.

He means pirate infiltrating the marines, not the other way around. The only one we've seen so far is Vergo

They're basically in the same position as the Emperor of Japan was under the Shogunate. They provide the necessary excuse needed for the world government to continue operating. This is more or less how feudalism works, people follow the king because they have to, they are the rightful ruler due to their lineage. The world government is using that position, combined with the feeling of awe and hopelessness that most people would have when confronted with someone in such an extreme position of authority, to control people into following them.

It's probably less of a measure for the common people and more to get the approval of the individual rulers that comprise them. Most of the islands in the World Government are ruled by a monarchy that was originally founded by the Celestial Dragons. It was because they were chosen to lead by these "rightful" rulers that their reign is justified. Thus the existence of the Celestial Dragons is necessary for them to justify their rule, since it is through the authority of the Celestial Dragons that they have the right to rule.

Legalism is a surprisingly powerful force in a feudal society.

I understand your point, but the Emperor of Japan couldn't force everyone to follow his every whim, including randomly enslaving people and calling the army to bomb entire cities for displeasing him. He was a figurehead, whereas the CDs seem to have actual absolute power.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the One Piece world isn't a feudal society, so that analogy doesn't really work.

It's slightly post feudal, but in this case its less about the economic system and more about the idea behind kingdoms. Most of the islands in the World Government are ruled by kings, and thus the same logic used to justify feudal kings still applies. The way the world government is structured seems to be a mixture of a colonial empire, such as the British or Spanish empires, with an almost Holy Roman structure, in that the central authority, the World Government, maintains its power through the consent of various regional dynastic rulers, the kings that rule the various islands, instead of ruling directly or appointing temporary viceroys.

The basic point is that so long as the Celestial Dragons are still in a position of authority within the government the kings will feel secure in their power, since they can basically hold up the "well I AM the chosen ruler" card, but if the World Government tried to get rid of them a whole bunch of people would start getting really antsy about it. The only thing worse would be if more people tried to take the Doflamingo route and retake their thrones, but as long as the Celestial Dragons are a bunch of lazy, hedonistic asses who sit around abusing people all day that's not a real threat.

And yes, their powers are clearly exaggerated for effect, but they're also clearly a metaphor for the emperor under the Shogun. No, the emperor probably couldn't have an island destroyed, but then again I'm not sure he really ever tried. Randomly enslaving people would be a bit more realistic though, actually.

>evil

There are far worse people out there.

Dragons are the worst